• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Paper Mario

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
Who thinks that maybe some Paper Mario characters should be in the game? His attacks would coincide with the badges and jumping and whatnot, and also some bosses could be characters. I havent picked up the new one yet, but the N 64 version was great. P-Mar should definitely be a character. It would be necessarily a clone, but even if it was, doesnt matter, cuz clones are fine.

If you continue reading, you can see that we are way off topic. Two unjustified G&W bashers came and proposed them out of the game, supporting themselves with imaginary, fabricated evidence.

fluffy

Smash Champion
i was thinking that maybe theyd do a thing where u hafta work hard for different costumes for characters. like for mario..paper mario! tada.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
paper Mario is, in essence, so different from the regular Mario. He shouldnt be a clone, he should be his own. Maybe you ahve to do something as mario to unlock him, like you cant unlock him with any other character.

gambolputty

Smash Apprentice
I have wanted himfrom the start. Paper Mario should definatly be a character. He could even pull out parteners for attacks and use his hammer and even turn into an airplane! Paper Mario FTW!!!!!

nomis

Smash Journeyman
Bentobox is a great treat to have. Especially when hijacking a thread to form a bentobox adoration topic.

So, like, I wish I had a bento box to eat with every day. A bento box filled with rice, ginger, octopus, and other stuff.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I think it would be a wonderful idea for Paper Mario.

Mario
Doctor Mario
Paper Maro

For his regular B move he can use his Hammer.
For vB move he can use his butt slam in the game.
<>B can probably be one of the many items he collects in the game, like Fire Flowers, shooting stars, etc.
^B could be that a Flying Koopa comes back and helps him fly around. Something like that.

Garath331

Smash Apprentice
Isn't Paper Mario just Mario with a different art style? I mean, why not ask for pixel mario and n64 mario?

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Heck yeah Paper Mario characters p00n. But then again... Paper Mario 2 characters suck. Paper Mario 64 was like one of the best friggin games ever. Paper Mario himself is a pretto okay idea, but we've already got Mario and Luigi and I don't suspect that Doctor Mario will come into the game (or that he will be replaced). So maybe one of his partners could join. Maybe Bow could float like Kirby and Jigglypuff (and Pit and Metaknight). Or maybe Goombario or someone. Otherwise, I like this Paper Mario move set (includes some stuff from Paper Mario 2)

B- Hammer
<>B- The *spin* attack (press Z in Paper Mario to use)
vB- Pound Jump (butt slam)
^B- Fold into Paper Airplane and gets an immediate updrafts, then floats downwards
Fair- Hammers in air
Bair- Backflip (looks like paper roll in Paper Mario 2 except in air)
Dair- Stretches himself with feet first (like DK's dair in SSB 64)
Uair- Punches up into the air
Nair- Papercut (turns extra flat to do damage to anyone that he is in contact with)
Dsmash- Paper Twist (same as Mario and Luigi's dsmash)
Fsmash- Kicks them (like C Falcon in SSB 64)
Usmash- Spins and punches upwards (like C Falcon in SSB 64)

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
I agree with the wanting of Paper Mario to be in, but I dunno about his art style. Many concerns seem to be that he'd be a Mario clone, this is not true. Paper Mario can have moves based around his hammer and special abilities (I'm not sure if he gets them in the N64 version. Thousand Year Door on GC was my first Paper Mario game) he gets from the crystal stars and badges. On top of that maybe he could actually ATTACK with his JUMP. *cough*

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
asianpride3491 said:
Who thinks that maybe some Paper Mario characters should be in the game? His attacks would coincide with the badges and jumping and whatnot, and also some bosses could be characters. I havent picked up the new one yet, but the N 64 version was great. P-Mar should definitely be a character. It would be necessarily a clone, but even if it was, doesnt matter, cuz clones are fine.
paper mario characters would make a great addition to the smashbros character line up. however, i'd rather paper mario himself as his own type of character (not a clone).
oh, and, thanks for using the sig i sent to mcfox. heres the originial image: http://www.vgcats.com/art/falcowallpaper.jpg

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Yeah there's a handful of characters from Paper Mario that could be used. I'd love to see at least one of them in there. even the controversial Vivian.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
JmcShocker14 said:
Paper mario could replace game & watch
no one will be removed they all have too much of a a fan base and paper mario can be in as long he doesn't get in the way of original characters or ones I want (look at my sig for characters I want)

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
JmcShocker14 said:
Paper mario could replace game & watch
Hey, I was gonna post that!

He'll be similar but not a clone (not same moveset).

What about Mario's sidekicks in the RPG game the legend of the 7 stars where Mallow and some magician appeared?

......later

JmcShocker14

Banned via Administration
xianfeng said:
no one will be removed they all have too much of a a fan base and paper mario can be in as long he doesn't get in the way of original characters or ones I want (look at my sig for characters I want)

Game & watch is a bad character. but it is pretty funny to seem kick someones butt

JmcShocker14

krazyzyko said:
Hey, I was gonna post that!

He'll be similar but not a clone (not same moveset).

What about Mario's sidekicks in the RPG game the legend of the 7 stars where Mallow and some magician appeared?

......later

yes. His name is geno. And i do believe he's going to be in.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I think those who can't play G&W hate him.For your guys info,i can 4-stock almost any lvl 9 with him,and he isn't even my secondary.He is like Bowser,for he can block moves from nearly all directions,and he also has very high priority.

JmcShocker14

Falco&Victory said:
I think those who can't play G&W hate him.For your guys info,i can 4-stock almost any lvl 9 with him,and he isn't even my secondary.He is like Bowser,for he can block moves from nearly all directions,and he also has very high priority.

LOL you could never beat me with him. this is so funny

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
The similarity between Game & Watch and Paper Mario is the fact that they're both flat. They both use a hammer, but Mario's is vastly different from G&W's. They're completely different, and Paper Mario shouldn't replace him.

JmcShocker14

McFox said:
The similarity between Game & Watch and Paper Mario is the fact that they're both flat. They both use a hammer, but Mario's is vastly different from G&W's. They're completely different, and Paper Mario shouldn't replace him.

Thats just your opinion. Just like I have mine. I think game & watch needs to go.

FireStar

Smash Apprentice
McFox said:
I agree with Shocker... G&W has gotsta gooooooooo~! Plus theres a Super Paper Mario comming out also. So paper mario would be a great replacement for game & dont watch. :lick:

JmcShocker14

FireStar said:
I agree with Shocker... G&W has gotsta gooooooooo~! Plus theres a Super Paper Mario comming out also. So paper mario would be a great replacement for game & dont watch. :lick:

I know Firestar. Why waist valuable character space on someone like G & W? it makes no sense to me

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'm still waiting for a valid reason from any person at all why any character has to go. Why does any character need to be removed? How much pain does it cause you to have a character in the game that you don't like?

Come on. Any real reason at all.

FireStar

Smash Apprentice
McFox said:
I'm still waiting for a valid reason from any person at all why any character has to go. Why does any character need to be removed? How much pain does it cause you to have a character in the game that you don't like?

You just disrespected me and it's not right. You should honor my opinion... always. This is not right. How can you say something like that?

Paper Mario need to replace him, and thats a fact baby... Lets take this to the stage...

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I've been saying no one will be removed but on the small chance that they do it will be Pichu this is because he is weak, he does damage to himself and is useless. But I don't think that anyone will be removed

JmcShocker14

McFox said:

Ok mr. McFoxy tell me. Do like every character in ssbm? be honest

JmcShocker14

McFox said:

Ok mr. McFoxy tell me. Do you like every character in ssbm? be honest

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
No reason to remove G&W. No reason to remove any character whatsoever (except just MAYBE pichu, but im not gonna stick by that). People just dont like Game and Watch because they are either a)too bad to play with him b)suck against him c)want some super cool awesome OMFG PWNZORZ!!!111 character in the game and dont realize the genius behind his simplicity or d)are plain ignorant.

And nobody likes every character in Melee (well not most anyways). But like he said, some person out there does. Even if people dont like a character, that is by no way a justification of their removal.

supermariopro101

Smash Journeyman
That's besides the point. If any character should be replaced, it's pichu. Damage to self and remedial attacks. If you don't play the charcter, than you shouldn't make a mountain out of a molehill.

JmcShocker14

xianfeng said:
ok if we are going to remove G&W let's also remove zelda and Peach
that makes no sense at all. Those two are great characters and they are mcuh more popular than G & W

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
JmcShocker14 said:
Ok mr. McFoxy tell me. Do like every character in ssbm? be honest

What kind of reason is that? I don't like Donkey Kong, but why should he be removed? I don't like Ice Climbers but why should they be removed? There's no logical reasoning behind it. I never did like Nightmare in Soul Calibur, but why should he be removed? I never did like King in Tekken, why should he be removed? I don't like Sol in Guilty Gear, why should he be removed?

What someone likes and doesn't like means nothing.

FireStar

Smash Apprentice
supermariopro101 said:
That's besides the point. If any character should be replaced, it's pichu. Damage to self and remedial attacks. If you don't play the charcter, than you shouldn't make a mountain out of a molehill.
Pichu to me is way better than G&W... I think that of you should drop the act, and accecpt the fact that Game&dontwatch will absolutely "NOT" be in this. I bet money on this one babies.

Top Bottom