• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Paper Mario

JmcShocker14

Banned via Administration
asianpride3491 said:
No reason to remove G&W. No reason to remove any character whatsoever (except just MAYBE pichu, but im not gonna stick by that). People just dont like Game and Watch because they are either a)too bad to play with him b)suck against him c)want some super cool awesome OMFG PWNZORZ!!!111 character in the game and dont realize the genius behind his simplicity or d)are plain ignorant.

And nobody likes every character in Melee (well not most anyways). But like he said, some person out there does. Even if people dont like a character, that is by no way a justification of their removal.
Like i said before. Majority Rules sister. If more people want them out. then they have to hit the road.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
JmcShocker14 said:
Paper mario could replace game & watch
yea, go ahead. replace the only black guy in the game with another white man...where's the love?

JmcShocker14 said:
Like i said before. Majority Rules sister. If more people want them out. then they have to hit the road.
many hated jigglypuff but HAL still left her in. HAL isnt going to remove characters.
btw, a TON of people think Game and Watch is a great and original character in melee

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
I think that he would be a cool addition, however I'd much rather see Baby Bowser/Shadow Mario make the cut; but Paper Mario is an awsome character!

supermariopro101

Smash Journeyman
What act? I'm serious. I have to disagree. Pichu does damage to ITSELF! And read my post better. For the record your probably pissing off a lot of people who play G&W.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
JmcShocker14 said:
that makes no sense at all. Those two are great characters and they are mcuh more popular than G & W
in your opinion (I don't actually want them removed because they are two of my mains though)

Pichu to me is way better than G&W... I think that of you should drop the act, and accecpt the fact that Game&dontwatch will absolutely "NOT" be in this. I bet money on this one babies.
$100AU i bet he'll return I am dead serious (you have to give me $100US if he returns that is if you accept the bet)

JmcShocker14

foxandfalco said:
yea, go ahead. replace the only black guy in the game with another white man...where's the love?

many hated jigglypuff but HAL still left her in. HAL isnt going to remove characters.
btw, a TON of people think Game and Watch is a great and original character in melee

very funny. Game & watch is just stupid. he should have never been in melee

Always_Default

Smash Journeyman
There should be 1 or 2 characters representing the Paper Mario universe. I dont believe Paper Mario should be in the game, when many partners are deserving of that spot and would represent the Paper Mario universe, not the Mario universe. Koops is pretty **** cool and he gets my nomination. Another character would be fine, and I haven't played Paper Mario on the 64, but I'm sure that there is another deserving character, out of those two games.

Talk of removing characters is dumb.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Is there some kind of worldwide poll going on about who likes who? Game & Watch, while seemingly a joke character, is possibly the biggest nostalgic kick in that entire game. I was quite surprised to see him at all and I thought it was pretty cool that he was included. Every character has fans, so enough with this "no one likes him nonsense".

If this is a majority rules thing, how come there were two additional pokemon instead of just leaving it as Pikachu and Jigglypuff. I know tons of people who have a raging hate for them, yet they remained. Sense this is not making.

FireStar

Smash Apprentice
supermariopro101 said:
What act? I'm serious. I have to disagree. Pichu does damage to ITSELF! And read my post better. For the record your probably pissing off a lot of people who play G&W.
It only does damage to it's self if it uses smash attacks. You don't need to use smash attacks with pichu to kick someone's butt... I'll show you one brawl with it comes out, and if you arn't too afraid to fight me... :laugh:

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
hmmmmm a game and watch clone.INTERESTING!!!!!

meh i onyl want him in the game cuz I want glitz pit and doopliss' castle

supermariopro101

Smash Journeyman
Uhh, Game&Watch has been around since the beginning of video games. You can't say something like that. Yeah, well I think Zelda's stupid. YOU STILL HAVE NO PROOF!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
JmcShocker14 said:
very funny. Game & watch is just stupid. he should have never been in melee
it's since how everyone has there own opinion no matter how arrogant they my post.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
Pichu and G&W should both stay, no matter how much n00bs want either of them out. Although i would enjoy seeing Pichu out, i see no reason to take him out, except for the fact that he has low potential.

supermariopro101

Smash Journeyman
FireStar said:
It only does damage to it's self if it uses smash attacks. You don't need to use smash attacks with pichu to kick someone's butt... I'll show you one brawl with it comes out, and if you arn't too afraid to fight me... :laugh:
It does damage on just about every attack.

Always_Default

Smash Journeyman
JmcShocker14 said:
lol, where's the worldwide 1 million plus people poll that only you know about.

Even so, way to infringe upon minority rights.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
supermariopro101 said:
It does damage on just about every attack.
every attack that uncludes thunder

FireStar said:
Pichu to me is way better than G&W... I think that of you should drop the act, and accecpt the fact that Game&dontwatch will absolutely "NOT" be in this. I bet money on this one babies.
GW outrange's pichu and out priotizes him. pichu has nothing on him really since GW can outspace him too easily. money match my game&watch and i'll take that bet too.

supermariopro101

Smash Journeyman
This is turning into complete spam.
Yes, I think Paper Mario is a good character but we have enough of Mushroom Kingdom already. Pichu has electricity on almost every attack...

JmcShocker14

Always_Default said:
lol, where's the worldwide 1 million plus people poll that only you know about.

Even so, way to infringe upon minority rights.
i was trying yo make a point. but you clearly didnt get that. Most people want g & w out.

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
Game and watch is stronger, faster, less laggy (in fact he has almost no lag if u use him right), easy to make a combo with, gangsta recovery, nearly impossible to predict his moves from sight, and fairly good priority.

Pichu is.... smaller?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
asianpride3491 said:
Game and watch is stronger, faster, less laggy (in fact he has almost no lag if u use him right), easy to make a combo with, gangsta recovery, nearly impossible to predict his moves from sight, and fairly good priority.

Pichu is.... smaller?
i love this guy. firestar, you better accept my money match by the way

JmcShocker14 said:
i was trying yo make a point. but you clearly didnt get that. Most people want g & w out.
support your point with evidence

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
JmcShocker14 said:
Thats BS. Most people want pichu and Y Link out. No one cares about G&W. many either absolutely love him or are apathetic. but very few want him out.

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
LOL, this is getting funny! I don’t think that Nintendo will remove any of the characters from Melee for Brawl. The only character I think might change is Dr. Mario; perhaps he’ll be a costume in this game. And then of course, let’s not rule out that changing costumes can’t change move sets. Think Yoshi/Boshi, Sonic/Shadow, or Peach/Daisy, and perhaps Samus/Zero Suit Samus….I think this could be an interesting direction in which Nintendo could take the game. This way, you can get 2 characters out of one. By the way, Mr. Game and Watch isn’t that terrible of a character is mastered; he’s won many south-eastern regional tournaments.

JmcShocker14

asianpride3491 said:
Thats BS. Most people want pichu and Y Link out. No one cares about G&W. many either absolutely love him or are apathetic. but very few want him out.
Can you please show me the source of your information? thank you

FireStar

Smash Apprentice
supermariopro101 said:
This is turning into complete spam.
Yes, I think Paper Mario is a good character but we have enough of Mushroom Kingdom already. Pichu has electricity on almost every attack...
You can juggle with pichu. Every little attack doesn't need to be a smash attack dolls... Now just accept the facts baby.

FireStar

Smash Apprentice
Okay. I appept. What state do you live in? (Just trying to see if you live near me)

asianpride3491

Smash Ace
JmcShocker14 said:
Wow, isnt that calling the kettle black?

Btw, im basing off the fact that ive been around the Smash World a lot and many want Y Link to change into a different Link clone and how they want Pichu's useless, cute, annoying pokemon *** out. You and firestar are the first people ive ever seen ignorant enough to say G & W should be out.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
JmcShocker14 said:
you should, you brought up the topic.
FireStar said:
You can juggle with pichu. Every little attack doesn't need to be a smash attack dolls... Now just accept the facts baby.
GW is WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY much better at juggling than pichu. just look at his u-air, chaingrab, and down-tilt. pichu sucks at juggling, what can he juggle effectively with? there's a reason why GW is like, 4 characters above pichu when people think of "a" tier list.
are you going to except my money match?

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
What really amuses me is...

1) We've gone really off topic thanks to these two.

2) These two insist on the removal of G&W where I've never seen any real distaste for G&W. He's either loved or no one really cares. Pichu on the other hand I've seen a whole lot of complaints about.

Attention hungry trolls if you ask me. Especially since they won't back up anything they say.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
JmcShocker14 said:
G &W has no place in this game. He doesnt evevn fit in. jeez laweez
since when was smash about making people fit? i mean, solid snake vs pikachu....samus vs jigglypuff.....

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
JmcShocker14 said:
G &W has no place in this game. He doesnt evevn fit in. jeez laweez

You obviously have NO idea who Game & Watch is.

Master_Sheik

Smash Journeyman
Actually, if you research it, you'll find that Mr. Game and Watch is Nintendo's first franchise. He is the original smash brother, if he doesn't belong, well who in the hell does?

FireStar

Smash Apprentice
THK said:
What really amuses me is...

1) We've gone really off topic thanks to these two.

2) These two insist on the removal of G&W where I've never seen any real distaste for G&W. He's either loved or no one really cares. Pichu on the other hand I've seen a whole lot of complaints about.

Attention hungry trolls if you ask me. Especially since they won't back up anything they say.
Nobody forced you to go off-topic. If what your saying is the case, then your at fault just as we are.

Top Bottom