• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peach Tactical GD

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Yeah glide toss cross-ups, baiting with sh and turnip in hand, weak toss for edgeguarding.

He's very bound to the floor (trys to stay at sh height and below) but this gives him some great frame traps.

Also note on how all his kills came from baiting and conditioning, and when he attempted to do it the old fashioned way with a fsmash vs a aerial assault he got naired. I think this is the main problem vs marth, but marth has the same problem. Marth vs Peach is as even as you can get I think.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Yeah glide toss cross-ups, baiting with sh and turnip in hand, weak toss for edgeguarding.

He's very bound to the floor (trys to stay at sh height and below) but this gives him some great frame traps.

Also note on how all his kills came from baiting and conditioning, and when he attempted to do it the old fashioned way with a fsmash vs a aerial assault he got naired. I think this is the main problem vs marth, but marth has the same problem. Marth vs Peach is as even as you can get I think.
I agree. When I play Marths like havok they upb and nair way more. With a splash of sideb. I like the peach though. Like someone told me. Don't always have to throw the turnip once you pull it. I'm bad at baiting.... I think.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
When did you play Havok?

And yeah. Havok nairs a lot more partially because he knows that WC Peaches like to outspace his fair with bair, and nair interrupts that. And I think he just likes it, it's a good move :)

r3d d09

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXtqWoAjy7c

how to play against marth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSxB3LnRV8w

He screws up his edgeguards among other things here, but some pretty cool anti-marth strats he.

I wish he would dash attack less...
I had to stop watching the first video because that marth was so scrubby. seriously. and the peach. did some very questionable stuff. my local friends who don't play competitively have a better marth than that guy. Ugh. no joke. i'm sick from watching that video. lul

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Yeah, that was a pretty terrible video. That Marth needs to learn2punish, and that Peach needs to learn2outspace. There was no bair usage at all.

At least he was good at groundfloat nairs. Better than me at it, actually, haha.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I agree. When I play Marths like havok they upb and nair way more. With a splash of sideb. I like the peach though. Like someone told me. Don't always have to throw the turnip once you pull it. I'm bad at baiting.... I think.
NL was like that when we played. But he mixed it up and spaced with Fair. He was on some slick crap with Reverse Up-B. But now that it is coming back to me again For his Nair, timed dash attacks can kick him out of it. The dash attack is an evasion attack to looks of air moves. it's not easy to do though. Depends on where you both are. If you run in with your shield and PS it, dash attack him.

And for the Up-B, Me and NL fopund something slick. I Fair him and he powershield it to an up B. I ended up being able to Land and Power shield his up-B. I know you could get away with this is he is just shielding. But he Pwoershield my fair then up-B and I got away with it. The up-B does not hit right away. Think it is frame 6?

Hotgarbage, was his timing a lil off or was that legit?

hiROI

Smash Lord
I absolutely love dash attack against Marth. When he's about to land, Dash Attack's effect is pretty similar to the GW matchup. He fairs your shield? Dash Attack OoS

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
timed turnip tosses/ glide tosses as well. To deal with him in the air, sometimes you have to counterhim from the ground.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
When did you play Havok?

And yeah. Havok nairs a lot more partially because he knows that WC Peaches like to outspace his fair with bair, and nair interrupts that. And I think he just likes it, it's a good move :)
If i'm not mistaken he was in the pool I lost in at pound

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Anyone has Lucario tips?

Colorado finally has one. :D

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Camp Lucario. And limt your air battles. He will mostly win thoses and start his combos. if you try going aggressive on him, he will just be rolling away. You can get your hits off but as soon as one of you break free from attacking range, get away from him.

You can take him to the air with good timing but the range on his moves are a lil too much and cover his front/back side. Thats why it is best you to get carried away with air battles to take uneeded damage. Jab combos work for if he wants to roll alot and you have time to react and punish. Or get away from him when he wants to roll then attack.

Dont get to combo happy on him cause they tend to get over you and Dair. And it is a hard move to beat when you are in the air under him. The sides too sometimes but depends on the angle you are too him. If you starting dishing out hits on him and he somehow gets over you try to get a nair on him, if not, just stop and get away from him.

All this is important cause as he takes more hit, he gets stronger, same time it is hard to kill him unless you do awsome edgeguarding. So he has one advantage and gains another as you pound on him. And for the risk of screwing up and dieing early, it is best you try and take the least amount of hits as possible. Cause when it is time to go in to kill him and he is at high %, it gets danagerous. And if you screw up trying to kill him and he hits you, it will hurt.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
Time lucario out xD I was playing my friend at pound 4, peach vs lucario. This guy normally beats me. I played really campy and defensive. There were 17 seconds left of the game. He was at ~200%, and I was ~150%. He fsmashed me and killed me. I wouldve won if I stalled xD

So don't go too aggressive against lucario. As Dark said, try not to approach w/ aerials, or you'll get faired really easily. Use a lot of turnips, but don't let him constantly charge up his aura sphere. If they tend to roll, then float dair right above the spot you think they'll roll to. Be patient, and you'll win :D Also time them out if you can

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
^ And to add to that.

Edgeguarding Lucario: It is recommended to do this in a sequential manner.

First, pay attention to your own percentage and note if you are below 100% (recommended for this specific kind of edgeguard since being over 100% slows your movement from the ledge except for ledgehops). When you get Lucario offstage at a fair enough distance, time a turnip toss to force an airdodge from him (or he'll get hit, obviously), then while he airdodges you take the ledge. This will force him to recover over you and be susceptible to punishment due to his laggy upB landing.

Sure you could just ledgehop a fair or ledgehop to grab, but I have another way of getting him right back off of the stage (and usually to KO him at higher percents). Right as he up Bs over you, jump from the ledge to an insta-float, float just past where he lands and bair him off of the stage again. From here on just rinse and repeat the process. It is very difficult for the Lucario to get out of this situation once you trap him in it.

***I also edgeguard Marth in this fashion but, naturally, you just have to be more cautious and time your ledge grabs more carefully to avoid being intercepted.

Give it a try.

Xyless

Smash Master
haha, it's my trademark way of practicing. I play while working out (in particular when I'm using the exercise bike).

White-Peach

Smash Ace
I listen to lectures on my ipod while on the treadmill! I support your way of practicing, I believe your increased heart rate increase the bloodflow to your brain and facilitates learning! (and the constant microadjustments to finger/hand motions while exercising and playing at the same time make your game better while completely still!)

I'd do this if i had one of those bikes :|

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Thanks for the advice guys. Didn't get to face Lucario today, but everything will be kept in mind when I do.

Right as he up Bs over you, jump from the ledge to an insta-float, float just past where he lands and bair him off of the stage again. From here on just rinse and repeat the process. It is very difficult for the Lucario to get out of this situation once you trap him in it.
This is genius omg.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I do! ^___^

Also, guys, new move fad: dtilt.

wtf why does nobody use this???

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Peach's Dtilt is so ****ing weird.

It has the weird, massive hitbox, spikes, and does that cool slidey thing if you hold back after it.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
So what banana combos does Peach have? I've been listening to White Peach's advice of not using turnips against diddy, but use his bananas against him, and its working really well. The only problem is that whenever I hit diddy with a banana and try to follow up with something, my attacks don't hit because of his invincibility frames (?) of him getting up. I end up only getting a jab in after they get up, which isn't as much damage as I hope for..... So what can Peach do after she throws a banana?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Just making sure, do you guys know how to edgeguard G&W?
Not really. I just resort to tossing turnips/turnip farming when he's offstage.

Explain please ^^'
G&W's up-B lags at the peak.

Throw turnips to waste his jump then edgehog him however you wish (most common method is, of course, floating against the ledge).

The moment he passes through you (you edgehogged his up-B, so you're still invincible), release the ledge, jump up, and fair/nair/uair (depending on where he ended up).

See, he passes through you with his up-B, and lags right over your head, so if you release/jump and aim for him with an aerial right after he passes you, you'll catch him at his up-B peak and get a guaranteed free hit.

Sadly, it doesn't set up for more edgeguarding. But it's a nice free hit when he recovers.

My reaction time sucked hard as I had just recently learned about it at the time, but you can see it in this match here at 0:41 (my $20 MM with Hylian). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S26v0x2ldo8a

Nairing works a lot better than fair though. Depending on where he is he often doesn't have enough lag for fair.

I actually had this silly little dangerous idea I haven't tried yet that probably won't work...but maybe we could...ledge jump/float/release/run past and pivot grab the peak of his up-B.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcma8HUnpv4

Probably not enough time. If you could, though, it'd kill him...grabbing G&W out of his up-B is like grabbing Snake out of his cypher.

I do! ^___^

I LOOOOOVE DTILT NOW.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i played edrees in dittos for like an hour yesturday at a tournament. he's so gay w/ dtilt. he came up w/ cool ****. like dtilting to make ppl think they can punish it so when they come out of their shield they get jabbed or at higher percents or on the ledge he'd switch up to dtilt to fsmash just for the potential kill, the bigger hitbox, the punishing aerial spacing, etc.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I do! ^___^

I been explaining this to you boys for a while now. I been using it for a while and even added the affects of it on my guide. it was to a point people were not listening or bashing the move for being slow/hard to hit with.

So what banana combos does Peach have? I've been listening to White Peach's advice of not using turnips against diddy, but use his bananas against him, and its working really well. The only problem is that whenever I hit diddy with a banana and try to follow up with something, my attacks don't hit because of his invincibility frames (?) of him getting up. I end up only getting a jab in after they get up, which isn't as much damage as I hope for..... So what can Peach do after she throws a banana?
I'll look up the frames on this and tell you what you can do from it.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
float over him and DAir lol :p It's hard for me to put into words what I do as far as the item-game goes, we play with items on half of the time :x So I'm pretty good with them x)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I cant find the trio frames and invis frames from it around here. This would help to know what you can do out of it. Also I wold have to take into account the distance the banana is tossed and how fast it travels. Also the IASA frams from a glide toss. Then the distance you do a glide toss.

From all of this, I can point point attacks you can do to hit him before he gets away.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
The most I ever did to the diddy that I played was a double jab. I tried throwing a banana->dash attack, like diddy usually does himself, but he was getting up by then and I had to settle for the double jab...

Well, thanks for researching. I'm gonna test some stuff out on the next diddy that I play and see if I can come up with anything :D

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
if u know he's gonna get up u can just sh dair him as u run up but the nana to dash atk shooould work. i know it does for me.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm gonna have to picture this in my head then.

First Part of her Dash attack hits on frame 6. The first part of the hit box is out until 9 frames. Then comes back to hit again on frame 17.

****it this is hurting my head. I need to know how many frames it is from a power throw with an item. Same time that tripping animation frame.

If he got away when you tried to jab him when he got up, attack, or rolled away, 2 things come to mind here:

- You was a lil slow with the dash attack.
- Was not that close enough
- 6 frames is not fast enough to hit this Diddy before he is able to input an action.

So maybe you should try quicker moves under 6 frames. Like Jabs. Or Gound float Nairs. Keep in mind distance between you and diddy when he trips matters.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I need to get better at floated nairs; banana trip > groundfloat nair should work. And we know that banana > Peach bomber works, right?

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I think I was too far away. I'm gonna try dair, nair, and peach bomber against the next diddy I play. I only got the jabs in because he got up without rolling left or right...

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
Well, not sure if anyone knows about this but I will give it a shot. I was messing around with the hitbubble .pac and found out that Fair and Nair can hit underneath PS1's ledge. :V

Fair seems to be more useful then Nair in my opinion *since her hand rotates around* but the more you know.

Top Bottom