• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Peoria/Springfield, IL Discussion: Surprisingly active o_O! That's good eats.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Thanks man I appreciate that. I hope so as well, I'm just tired of losin to everyone because of my hand, plus I can only have fun with certain people and that isn't enough to continue playing when I have a ton of better things to do @_@.

darkatma

Smash Hero
don't worry josh i post more like a douche than you do :p (response to your fb)
plus i actually <3 you and would root for you in tourney against anyone not st louis

yesterday i played smash 2 hours after i got off the plane till 4:00am lolll
at first i was getting ***** pretty bad.. think i've gotten most of it back

Dart!

Smash Master
don't worry josh i post more like a douche than you do :p (response to your fb)
plus i actually <3 you and would root for you in tourney against anyone not st louis

yesterday i played smash 2 hours after i got off the plane till 4:00am lolll
at first i was getting ***** pretty bad.. think i've gotten most of it back
that's good <3 PLUS i learned how to beat sheik and i've been watching some vids of marth vs peach...i want you to play at your best >.<

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
i love how you included peoria =P. I'll only be there if i'm in that general area, but then i might be "powered up"

Dart!

Smash Master
please tell me that isn't brandon eaker

had to anthony, i don't even know who plays smash in our crew anymore. :/

cept for me, i'm a freeloader so i can go to melee tournies every weekend.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I definitely improve
I think Josh has played with me sober vs lifted enough to see this
not only does my tech skill power level jump to over 9000 but I'm able to make better approaches, see more mistakes in myself and my opponent, and just hold it down in general
definitely more creative combos

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
Buu Saga Gohan = licks balls. Sure, he was powerful as frank, but he was absolutely nothing like he was during the Cell Saga. Ughhh....the memories of Dragonball, such a good anime.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Just sayin that when people "power up", they generally enter a falsehood that they are performing at a higher level due to the potency of certain chemicals. Sveet/Looshkin/some scrubs are all prime examples of thinking that they are performing well while powered up, or even performing better, but in reality, that's when I bust out Zelda, and practice to become Cosmo 2.0 because of how much worse they get... >_>

Unless you play more while high than while sober at a high level, you are not better when high...

Tomacawk

Smash Master
Kyle I think these are strong claims for you to be making for a non-user
although I definitely agree not everybody plays better powered up

GooeyBanana

Smash Lord
^
He doesn't really need to smoke to be able to tell if it does make you better or not. He gave a pretty decent example stating that those individuals get significantly worse after powering up. Then again, I really don't care about all of this I guess xD

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Me being a non-user does not deter from me noticing the simple differences between quality of play of others when they and when they are not powered up. Another thing I have noticed is that people who play while sober and after smoking essentially take twice as long to get down even basic things, I am not talking about tech skill, that is all muscle memory, I am talking about basic game mechanics, because it is not muscle memory, it is all thinking oriented, and they essentially have to learn everything twice.

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
Me being a non-user does not deter from me noticing the simple differences between quality of play of others when they and when they are not powered up. Another thing I have noticed is that people who play while sober and after smoking essentially take twice as long to get down even basic things, I am not talking about tech skill, that is all muscle memory, I am talking about basic game mechanics, because it is not muscle memory, it is all thinking oriented, and they essentially have to learn everything twice.
Truth

10char

goosefactor

Smash Lord
Just sayin that when people "power up", they generally enter a falsehood that they are performing at a higher level due to the potency of certain chemicals. Sveet/Looshkin/some scrubs are all prime examples of thinking that they are performing well while powered up, or even performing better, but in reality, that's when I bust out Zelda, and practice to become Cosmo 2.0 because of how much worse they get... >_>

Unless you play more while high than while sober at a high level, you are not better when high...
^ This.

10...Thises?

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
all i know is when i "power up" i don't care about playing to win, I just play. So i feel i play a lot worse than i could usually. But then, its a lot more funn

Tomacawk

Smash Master
my internet has been down for 3 days O.o
I move today, George is correct
I also may not come to Sakurai
I MUST have housing and I MUST have a ride to and from the train station
George you're going to be in your Chicago home, right? Could you perhaps help me out?

Tomacawk

Smash Master
i'm sure you had your way with most if not all the bridesmaids right rashad? :)
You serious? He's a black man with the swagger, muscles, and confidence of stereotypical black males, yet the subtle, sweet, succulent linguistics of a white man
He went straight to the bride

Top Bottom