• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGD: Happy Birthday, Red!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Hmm, I dunno anything about crews in AZ, but you could check your region's social board in the Regional Zones forum. That's where crew social threads go.... I guess look through there and see if any crews are based around where you live.

I'd gone to a few tournies with the guys in my crew beforehand, so I already sort of knew them when I joined (not that well, mind you).... I dunno if most crews require you to know the members before joining, but they'll probably wanna at least meet and/or play you first.

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
On the brawl+ topic: Personally, I'm not a big fan simply because it requires that I mod my Wii in order to play. This means I'm unable to practice/play Brawl+ outside of a tourney, which is a big thing for me.

In addition to that, I'm kind of terribly mixed about Brawl+. I like some of the things they've changed - removed tripping, "fixing" Pokemon Trainer, etc. But I don't like the increased hitstun and gravity. One of the things I love about Brawl is it's floaty feel. I really hated how everyone felt like they were made of lead in Melee. I know a lot of older players love these things, but I'm just with them on that.

If I could have it my way, I'd fix some of the more annoying things in brawl to make more characters viable (like weakening MetaKnight, strengthening some lower teir characters), but I wouldn't mess too much with the Brawl equation.

Mew.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i think you are misunderstanding modding the wii, because you can just do it through the homebrew channel, and if you don't want to use any hacks, then you load the brawl game normally, if you do, then you go through the homebrew channel, afaik

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
i think you are misunderstanding modding the wii, because you can just do it through the homebrew channel, and if you don't want to use any hacks, then you load the brawl game normally, if you do, then you go through the homebrew channel, afaik
Oh, I see. So then you don't need to do any Twilight Princess shenanigans? My understanding was that you needed to use Twilight Princess along with some additional hardware to run homebrew. Mostly I just don't have the money to spend on that sort of stuff. Is there a way to do it without paying for additional components?

If so, my biggest complaints then are mostly with Gravity and Hitstun. I'm a big fan of some of the fixes to Pokemon Trainer I've heard of, and other mods in that vein. L-Canceling I give thumbs up to as well.

Mew.

bigman40

Smash Master
Hellos. I'm gonna be checking here more often cause I'm gonna be seconding Pikachu. I plan on getting a few videos recorded soon so you guys will be able to critique on what my Pika can improve on. I feel that I already have a decent game with him, but I haven't gotten to learn any of the CGs, or any of the tricks that you guys may have found.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
then learn them they're fun lol

and kitt, homebrew channel is from twilight princess iirc, and yeah you do need the sd card, but once you have that stuff you still choose to run brawl through homebrew (hacks) or reg (normally)

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
* i dunno if this is the right topic to post this... i apologize if it isn't...*

Does playing as a Pikachu affect your relationships with others around you or does it change people's way they see you if they know you play pikachu? *very random and silly yet deep question i kno... lol*

Any opinions or personal experiences?
From the girls?
What about you guys?

*my note*
Well... ppl see me as the chill, outgoing, and very child-like kind of guy before they knew 'bout me playing brawl. After they heard i mained pika, they weren't surprised... (dunno if I should take that as a compliment or not.... :/)

King~

Smash Champion
meh i wish i just get:

"You main Yoshi right"
me: "nope, pikachu"
"Aww, you should play yoshi"
Me: *Laughs*

no i never thought of character sterotypes other than the black people maining falco thing.

and lains amazing black people love smashville theory

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Oh... It's not really a question so i didn't post in the Q&A thread, but i wanna express something cool that happened! :D

Well.... I was facing Flamingo's MK in Mission Impossibill (april 18th, NC) and was CP'ed to brinstar. At first it sucked right... since the walls and "cell bridge" stopped my t-jolt snipes (spam too lol). Then... i remembered... DUDE, i can matrix a lil! The MK resorted to planking/camping one of the spots after a while so i went over there and did lots of aerial thunders and d-smashes that lagged (i say matrixed) and caught the mk off guard. Then he camped under the stage until he used shuttle below me so i resorted to t-jolts again when he surfaced.

Lol... so it was basically a spamfest with laggy moves and cyclones of doom from both sides... but the mk could damage better than I (kill better also) with the walls, under-stage, and general hi-tier-ness.

UNTIL... one time he was near edge from getting back on i came down with thunder > it hit me and the living "cells" giving me a few more milli-seconds of invincibility, he up-b'ed when he thought i was no longer invincible and what happened was that MK flew so high he was offscreen and shuttled looped into the blast zone. I took a mk stock at 29-ish damage! :p

How? I think its similar to a d-air glitch that was posted eons ago. when 2 invincibilities collide, wierd stuff happens > pika's thunder lasts longer/mk's shuttle loop's momentum goes throught the roof (literally!).... lolz

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
pikachu gets all the girls ;) "OHHHH HES SO CUTE!" i should know (<3 kaylo)

on the matter of brawl and melee, i have a simple rule when it comes to games. if it is fun ill play it. if it is not fun i wont. i used to find brawl super fun, and shun melee. then as the metagame progressed i started to see inklings of what the local melee crew had been saying. i have slowly lost my love of brawl, and as kaylo said it is sorta a love/hate relationship. im also restoring my interest in melee and smash 64, as both of those are now way more dominant then brawl is. i <3 it but now lack an easy way to get better :(

and yay social thread :D

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Oh... It's not really a question so i didn't post in the Q&A thread, but i wanna express something cool that happened! :D

Well.... I was facing Flamingo's MK in Mission Impossibill (april 18th, NC) and was CP'ed to brinstar. At first it sucked right... since the walls and "cell bridge" stopped my t-jolt snipes (spam too lol). Then... i remembered... DUDE, i can matrix a lil! The MK resorted to planking/camping one of the spots after a while so i went over there and did lots of aerial thunders and d-smashes that lagged (i say matrixed) and caught the mk off guard. Then he camped under the stage until he used shuttle below me so i resorted to t-jolts again when he surfaced.

Lol... so it was basically a spamfest with laggy moves and cyclones of doom from both sides... but the mk could damage better than I (kill better also) with the walls, under-stage, and general hi-tier-ness.

UNTIL... one time he was near edge from getting back on i came down with thunder > it hit me and the living "cells" giving me a few more milli-seconds of invincibility, he up-b'ed when he thought i was no longer invincible and what happened was that MK flew so high he was offscreen and shuttled looped into the blast zone. I took a mk stock at 29-ish damage! :p

How? I think its similar to a d-air glitch that was posted eons ago. when 2 invincibilities collide, wierd stuff happens > pika's thunder lasts longer/mk's shuttle loop's momentum goes throught the roof (literally!).... lolz
Yeah, that sounds like the video Neji (?) posted a while ago.... the doubles match where thunder made MK's Shuttle Loop get crazy momentum and fly off the screen. XD If only it was controllable.

Something similar happened to me in Pika dittos, only my thunder somehow hit the other Pika through the fat part of FD. I thundered on-stage thinking he'd Skull Bash or QAC past me, and he went to the ledge instead..... but he missed and ended up under the lip.

Thunder hit him through the stage (I'm talking super far away.... past any glitch I've seen before), and he went flying off the screen with super momentum. He also got his up B back, but he jumped the gun and ended up QA'ing straight up out of shock. And fell to his doom.

It was hilarious. I want my friend to send me the replay so I can post it. :laugh:

pikachu gets all the girls ;) "OHHHH HES SO CUTE!" i should know (<3 kaylo)

on the matter of brawl and melee, i have a simple rule when it comes to games. if it is fun ill play it. if it is not fun i wont. i used to find brawl super fun, and shun melee. then as the metagame progressed i started to see inklings of what the local melee crew had been saying. i have slowly lost my love of brawl, and as kaylo said it is sorta a love/hate relationship. im also restoring my interest in melee and smash 64, as both of those are now way more dominant then brawl is. i <3 it but now lack an easy way to get better :(

and yay social thread :D
Playing Pika is pretty expected for me, I guess. I used to get weird looks, but now that he's high tier and more popular, people just accept it.

I still like Brawl a lot more than Melee, but 64 > all of them. If more people played it and I had a system to practice on, I'd play it more often.

Ooo how did I miss this thread?
Looks comfy. :3
*wags tail*
Thanks Xiivi
You & Stealth are blind, lol.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Yeah, that sounds like the video Neji (?) posted a while ago.... the doubles match where thunder made MK's Shuttle Loop get crazy momentum and fly off the screen. XD If only it was controllable.

Something similar happened to me in Pika dittos, only my thunder somehow hit the other Pika through the fat part of FD. I thundered on-stage thinking he'd Skull Bash or QAC past me, and he went to the ledge instead..... but he missed and ended up under the lip.

Thunder hit him through the stage (I'm talking super far away.... past any glitch I've seen before), and he went flying off the screen with super momentum. He also got his up B back, but he jumped the gun and ended up QA'ing straight up out of shock. And fell to his doom.

It was hilarious. I want my friend to send me the replay so I can post it. :laugh:

Playing Pika is pretty expected for me, I guess. I used to get weird looks, but now that he's high tier and more popular, people just accept it.

I still like Brawl a lot more than Melee, but 64 > all of them. If more people played it and I had a system to practice on, I'd play it more often.

You & Stealth are blind, lol.
mam we shall play in the art of the 64 at genesis (or gigabrawl if you come). that game is too good.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
mam we shall play in the art of the 64 at genesis (or gigabrawl if you come). that game is too good.
Yessss! As long as I get a few warmup matches, since I haven't played 64 in.... probably close to two years. x.x

I used to play it through an emulator on my computer, but it's just not the same. :(

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Don't forget the corkscrews. O=

Also Pika chat thread. Don't mind if I partake.

Sorry I haven't been in the chat either. I'm trying to avoid smash conversations til I get another Wii I get to jonesing for smash REALLY bad if I have to read/hear about it.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
we still beat teams like fox ness and pika kirby with ease. and the pika kirby team were in japan for a year, where 64 is still apparently very popular (yet socially taboo? wtf) and they have gotten a lot of practice. srsly me and duck would mm in team 64 if we could ever find another team.

yes bunny we have a bunch of us here in kc who play smash 64.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
in japan for a year, where 64 is still apparently very popular (yet socially taboo? wtf)
Socially taboo? Lol.

A lot of people at my college still play 64. Most of them are casual players, but a few of them are really good..... it's probably more popular than Brawl there.

I miss ****** them with Pikachu. Mebbe I should visit sometime soon.... *ponder*

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Terios..... you live in PA? Why didn't I know this? o.O

Maybe we discussed this before. :confused: But I could have sworn you lived.... far away.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
When's that? I have a car now so all I have to do is hurry up and get a license.
May 9th & 10th. It's actually in Princeton, NJ, which is about 40 min. from Philly. I'm more than willing to house people (though staying at the hotel would be more fun/convenient), and if you have a car, it'd be no problem getting to the venue.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211171

Think about it! There'll be tons of Pikas there, which may or may not interest you, lol. But you hang around us enough. ;)

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
But I'm LAZY and might not have my license by then. In fact it's in the latter half of April so I don't think I possibly CAN.

My brother says I have a better Pika than Sonic at this point. T_T

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Don't cry. That is, in fact, a compliment since Pikachu is 10x better than Sonic. Sonic is bunz.

.... Yeah, I said it. :mad:

The universe is telling you to go Pika. <3

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Pshh. My Snake might be better than my Pika. :3

I co-main all three. I never thought I'd get okay at Pika though. He's WAY different from Melee.

And Sonic is awesome! D=

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I just played melee again... boy... i am now a lot better with thunder.... but SO MUCH WORSE at everything else. T_T

Forgot about u-smash sweetness, tho i remembered quickly.

*I'm really lacking in tech* -_-

64... good days.... :D

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
is bunny's sig actually bunny? i like it haha

and i never knew T_T was crying, i thought it was Q_Q...interesting

i wish the people in my dorm who p layed 64 didn't suck, i won a recent tournament with them and i haven't played in several years...

KuroKitt10

Smash Journeyman
is bunny's sig actually bunny? i like it haha

and i never knew T_T was crying, i thought it was Q_Q...interesting

i wish the people in my dorm who p layed 64 didn't suck, i won a recent tournament with them and i haven't played in several years...
I believe Q_Q and T_T are crying, though a little bit different in connotation. Isn't the internet funny, we have different connotations for smilies! That's also where the phrase "Less QQ, more PewPew" comes from, as well. From my understanding, Q_Q is more like complaining, or whiney, where as T_T is more tragic.

Mew =3

Top Bottom