• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pharaoh's Judgement | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Results/Shoutouts/Videos | 1/22/2011

HrcPoke

Smash Apprentice
On the Japanese Tier list Ganon is actually higher than Falcon.

Though, Verm taking San's Ike is quite Amazing, It's just an Ike, you can gimp him with the Tipman. Sure Oli offstage is pretty bad, but Ike only has 2 options. QD and Aether. Now, any smart play should know they can jump in way of the quick draw so Ike dies, Or! just gimp Ike as he's coming up with Aether. Spacing isn't that difficult. Hell, i've been spiked out of Aether by Ganon before. So Ike losing is pretty common.

Ike is still a pain in the *** none the less. I mean, he DOES have a Jab.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
On the Japanese Tier list Ganon is actually higher than Falcon.

Though, Verm taking San's Ike is quite Amazing, It's just an Ike, you can gimp him with the Tipman. Sure Oli offstage is pretty bad, but Ike only has 2 options. QD and Aether. Now, any smart play should know they can jump in way of the quick draw so Ike dies, Or! just gimp Ike as he's coming up with Aether. Spacing isn't that difficult. Hell, i've been spiked out of Aether by Ganon before. So Ike losing is pretty common.

Ike is still a pain in the *** none the less. I mean, he DOES have a Jab.
Thank you for the compliment!

Though, I have to somewhat disagree. Ike can be a nightmare for Ganon, especially offstage. Any Ike who knows what he's doing won't let tipman hit him. Though, there are other ways, but my ways are... secret. :ganondorf:

Arrows

Smash Journeyman
People don't know how to play vs ganon, thus they lose
If everyone knew ganon's matchup, ganon would NEVER win.
So verm, if you beat ally's falcon, either....
He doesn't know the matchup
Or you're a better player (when he plays falcon)

Likewise, if you beat San's ike...
either he doesn't know the MU
or you outclassed him.

Ganon does not matchupwise beat anybody.

HrcPoke

Smash Apprentice
Thank you for the compliment!

Though, I have to somewhat disagree. Ike can be a nightmare for Ganon, especially offstage. Any Ike who knows what he's doing won't let tipman hit him. Though, there are other ways, but my ways are... secret. :ganondorf:
I know, I did say Ike is a pain in the ***.
If you miss a tech with Ganon, and Ike is near you. Hello Jab infinite!

But yeah, If you know how to play against Ganon, Ganon is screwed.

Like I played this Ganon who was a beast at Approaching.

I was Dk.

First few matches I got *****, then I noticed. Just screw up his uproaches.
Turn around U-tilt worked Wonders :D

Stroumbert

Smash Apprentice
Stroumbert is an amazing player, and he did beat me in friendlies the first night of Apex. But I was not in the mood to play, nor was I awake enough, as I was about to head back to the Hyatt to sleep before he asked me for friendlies. I was not at all expecting a good player. So he took advantage of my impatience and apathy and kicked my ***.

The next day, however, we played again. This time, I won. I know you're eager to transcend the social contract by being abrasive, but things are to be considered in such cases. :p Also, Sopo can't CG Ganon to 100%. Even if he could, it'd still probably be in Ganon's favor. Of course, if you do want to test this out, we could WiFi it. We should be close enough that the connection shouldn't hinder a simply Sopo CG.
Concerning the "This time, I won." point:

I believe we played on two different set-ups, which implies that we did play on two different occasions (as you said). I do remember that the first time was right after you were done playing GUARD (he told me you were a great Ganon player and I joined right after). I recall the games on that TV (second row from the Melee room, close to the projector) being pretty clearly in my favor. That would definitely be on the first day. So far, it fits what you said. Now, for the part that doesn't...

The second time, I believe we played on some TV in the first row (close to the Melee side). I thought this was on the first day as well, but if what you said is accurate, then I suppose it has to be on the second day. Anyway, I recall the matches being closer, but I don't remember losing too many games (at the very least, under half) with Falcon (if I had indeed lost a lot of Falcon vs. Ganon matches that time, you can be sure I would remember very well). I definitely do remember you winning a lot against some of my other secondaries, though (I know I lost as Link and someone else, but I can't remember which character... probably Luigi). Also, I remember that the last match we had was my Link vs. your Ganon and that you won that one.

Anyway, my point is that I don't think it's accurate to say that "you won" the second time. As I said, I don't remember you beating me most times (although it was closer than before and that you did win some games). Still, I'll admit that my memory isn't all that clear concerning the second time we played, so I suppose there aren't many arguments I can throw to defend myself. But, the key , in my case, isn't what I remember: It's what I don't remember. As I stated above, if I had lost the majority of my games (with Falcon) against you on the second day, that's something that definitely would still be in the back of my mind today, but it's not...

Oh well, all I wanna be sure of is what really happened, because I know that what you said is what you really remember, but the same goes for me.

If either of us can't convince the other of what really transpired, then let's just call is a draw and play again at Apex 3. I do want to play you in Ganon dittos, too. :p

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Concerning the "This time, I won." point:

I believe we played on two different set-ups, which implies that we did play on two different occasions (as you said). I do remember that the first time was right after you were done playing GUARD (he told me you were a great Ganon player and I joined right after). I recall the games on that TV (second row from the Melee room, close to the projector) being pretty clearly in my favor. That would definitely be on the first day. So far, it fits what you said. Now, for the part that doesn't...

The second time, I believe we played on some TV in the first row (close to the Melee side). I thought this was on the first day as well, but if what you said is accurate, then I suppose it has to be on the second day. Anyway, I recall the matches being closer, but I don't remember losing too many games (at the very least, under half) with Falcon (if I had indeed lost a lot of Falcon vs. Ganon matches that time, you can be sure I would remember very well). I definitely do remember you winning a lot against some of my other secondaries, though (I know I lost as Link and someone else, but I can't remember which character... probably Luigi). Also, I remember that the last match we had was my Link vs. your Ganon and that you won that one.

Anyway, my point is that I don't think it's accurate to say that "you won" the second time. As I said, I don't remember you beating me most times (although it was closer than before and that you did win some games). Still, I'll admit that my memory isn't all that clear concerning the second time we played, so I suppose there aren't many arguments I can throw to defend myself. But, the key , in my case, isn't what I remember: It's what I don't remember. As I stated above, if I had lost the majority of my games (with Falcon) against you on the second day, that's something that definitely would still be in the back of my mind today, but it's not...

Oh well, all I wanna be sure of is what really happened, because I know that what you said is what you really remember, but the same goes for me.

If either of us can't convince the other of what really transpired, then let's just call is a draw and play again at Apex 3. I do want to play you in Ganon dittos, too. :p
We didn't play very many matches that day, but the ones we did were indeed in my favor. You did use Link, Luigi and Falcon. I think that's it. I won against your Link and Luigi, and won 2-1 I believe (albeit very close matches) against your Falcon until I had to get up due to receiving a phone call. This much I do remember very clearly.

But I agree. This was going on 6 months ago. Best to see how things go next we meet. Know that no disrespect was intended, as you're a terrific player. I was just stating things as I remember them, though how I stated "I won" could suggest that I did so by a significant margin, which was not the case.

Stroumbert

Smash Apprentice
Ah, if you only had 3 matches against my Falcon on that day, then that'd explain why I couldn't remember the outcome (especially if it was 2-1 and close). I thought we had played for much longer than that on that TV as well. We did play for a while the day before, if I remember correctly. That's probably why it overshadowed the second series of games in my mind; I most likely subconsciously didn't think it was a significant sample compared to the matches we had before. Oh well.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Actually, I can probably convert the videos myself. My sister got it into her head that she NEEDED to convert all of the old home videos. Just don't be surprised if instead of 1%, you get a video of my sister pretending to read a book.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Damn I guess no one submitted their replays to Tin...so disappointing.
I have most of the videos. Supreme Dirt/Fuddo. I don't believe I have any videos from your Wii(s) if they were at the tourney and recording that is. I sent the videos to someone and I haven't heard from him all week. I have no method of converting the videos myself so I sent them to someone who can but he's failing me so hard right now =_=

Actually, I can probably convert the videos myself. My sister got it into her head that she NEEDED to convert all of the old home videos. Just don't be surprised if instead of 1%, you get a video of my sister pretending to read a book.
If you can record videos let me know. PM me ur msn. Or reply to my text.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I can also record, but only on Tuesdays.
It's complicated, to say the least.

Also, my Wii wasn't there, it was my SD card in fUddO's Wii.

Which reminds me, did anyone find any of the music in my hackset obnoxious or anything? I'm going to be completely redoing my music hacks soon, so I want to know if there's anything I should leave out.

Also, everytime I visit this thread and see my pool, I get really, really annoyed.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
1. fUddO's Wii, and it was the one hooked up to the livestream iirc.

2. Mostly it's the "losing all but one game". I have no idea why I was playing so bad, though I suspect it was forcing myself to keep playing Lucario (when I've been considering dropping him since the last tourney) and Meta Knight (who I am trash at playing as).

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
ah, the only wiis with custom music that i remember were the two in the back corner by the stairs

the first one had that really cool menu music but i had no idea what the song was (as long as its not meta knight da bess blaring on 5 different wiis though ill be happy)

but the other one had like, miley cyrus and that really annoying iloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyouiloveyou song, ughhh

fUddO

Smash Ace
Tomorrow I'm going to start figuring out how to use the recording stuff, and if it works out with the replays I have, I'll text Tin and get the rest.

Patches

Smash Master
Tomorrow I'm going to start figuring out how to use the recording stuff, and if it works out with the replays I have, I'll text Tin and get the rest.
I've already started recording them all. If you wanna send your replays to me, that'd be better. :p

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
1. Ally ($215) - congrats on 1st, really cool seeing how much you improve each tourney kinda sux i had to play you in LF
2. Holy Nightmare ($105) - good stuff on 2nd, you and your brother are so good at the ditto haha
3. Me - gotta be more confident vs bigger names,go GTA
4. Swordgard ($10) - our set got me hyped haha, ggs good luck with sheik or whoever your maining now lol
5. Raidos ($5) - good job beating tin, you always take me to game 3 please finish me off one of these days mike !
5. Culex ($5) - my big bro, i always know when your feeling me up from behind:awesome:
7. Tin Man - awesome job in doubles youll rebound back next tourney in singles, cant be so cocky for next time
7. Gichan - lol scrub actually placed well, the suicides on halberg seem far gone now my fried
9. King Kong - ggs always a blast playing you,bowsers tricks are so frustrating :p dat up:cool:
9. Phiddlesticks - well done ordering at the bakery
9. Iliad - so sexy with the gundam wing glasses shiz you had on, dont try and give me extra money evur!
9. Cruxis (pharaoh) - pharoah not winning this tourney is why the people be protesting
13. Dark Shadow - thanks for coming out from MTL
13. DDM - impressive 1st tourney!
13. Jasuke - id go gay for you no homo
13. Sauc3 - dont play this game yet still manage to beat ppl..lol
17. JMo - great job in doubles,definitely held your own
17. Patches - dat fkn kinder egg was so epic ily
17. Googs - fun MM/friends, sexy platform cancels
17. NekoNekoXD - thanks for setting up the stream

Sorry if i missed anyone

good job hosting another great tourney Gi and Tin,much appreciated!!!

Last edited:

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Dayum lol. 2 weeks later and I get this done. Better late than never LOL.

[collapse=1. Ally:] Good job winning. U not playing Holy actually made the tourney end earlier lol. I’m not entirely sad that u started using MK. Especially since u beat M2K. Hopefully u can keep on winning tournaments and repping Canada. I’ll go out of province soon :p. GGs in doubles btw haha. Good luck at Pound 5. I hope u win and beat DEHF, ADHD, Gnes, and all them.[/collapse]

[collapse=2. Holy:] GGs in doubles. Thanks a lot for playing JMo so much. It helped a lot in tourney and helps York region get stronger :]. I wish I saw ur set vs Joe. Naturally I’d want him to win but oh well lol. Not playing Ally actually made the tourney run faster LOL. Wish u and Joe had a rematch tho. I’ll face you in tourney eventually LOL. Thats 3 times now we didn’t play. I’m not salti u teamed with Ally. I woulda liked to win :p, but we’ll save that for the Ontario Pwn Classic. I still made good money.[/collapse]

[collapse=3. Toronto Joe:] Congrats on making top 3 bro. U beat Swordgard 2-0 (for the 1st time i think?). You’ve out placed him before, but this matchup needed to happen. U defended the region well enough. I’ll be up there soon. I’m not that far away at all. Sucks to see you won’t be at the Ontario Pwn Classic. York Region will still be reppin hard tho. I’ve been working on JMo and Arrows (Charlie). You need more regional pride :p. I’ll told you how sick this is on msn.[/collapse]

[collapse=4. Swordgard:] I MADE MORE MONEY THAN YOU! :troll: Get ***** son ;)[/collapse]

[collapse=5. Raidos:] Excellent work defeating me. That’s the 2nd set you’ve ever taken off me. We talked for a bit on MSN but like I said, I plan to defend my position on PR ;). GGs in doubles. A lot closer than I thought. Good luck at Pound 5 bro. Place really well (it makes me look better ;D).[/collapse]

[collapse=5. Culex:] I wanted to play you this tourney. Oh well. Next time. Welcome back to the scene bro. Nice to see your staying consistent in attendance. Now u just need a consistent main LMAO.[/collapse]

[collapse=7. Tin Man:] Still #2 ;)[/collapse]

[collapse=7. Gichan:] We did really well together hosting. These tourneys are just getting better and better :D. Excellent job beating King Kong. That was quite the upset imo. I’m so glad tho. U did your part in defending the region. Hope the Ontario Pwn Classic goes well for you :D.[/collapse]

[collapse=9. King Kong:] Great to see you at another Ontario tourney. I’m glad with our MM. I wish we played in brackets but none the less, we played in the end. I also want to thank you for beating me so much last year LOL, cause it gave me a dedication and was part of my goals for improvement. Thank you very much for being an obstacle for me. Overcoming that obstacle proves my improvement :D.[/collapse]

[collapse=9. Phiddlesticks:] Nice consistency in tourneys bro. Getting 9th 3 times in a row really serves you well. GG in bracket. Helped me prepare for my MM with King Kong :D.[/collapse]

[collapse=9. Iliad:] I’m glad you got ur set with Gichan in. GGs in doubles too. And thanks for covering me for the $20 vs Hype.[/collapse]

[collapse=9. Cruxis:] I’m glad you got to play me twice. Pools aren’t free bro. I was going all out as I always do. I guess this is the 1st tourney you weren’t 1st seed in pools at haha. I’m glad for your recognition on my improvement. I worked hard for this so it’s great to be noticed. See you around bro.[/collapse]

[collapse=13. Dark Shadow:] I can’t believe you beat JMo. My prodigy :). Come back so you two can rematch! And who knows, maybe we’ll play. Oh and lol at ur team name. U team with Holy and ur Holynegro but u won’t use negros :laugh:.[/collapse]

[collapse=13. DDM:] Congratulations on making the honourable mentions bro. I only saw u play in our doubles match (ggs) and I saw a little bit of you vs nostalgic. Reppin GTA bro. I dig ;).[/collapse]

[collapse=13. Jasuke:] Good job beating Rhyme. That was quite the upset imo. Especially since he beat u before (but I guess u were using falcon so w/e).[/collapse]

[collapse=13. Sauc3:] I’m not sure if this is the result u expected but I guess not playing Brawl and playing melee won’t make u an auto pro at Brawl haha. Have fun at Pound 5. Hope u do well :). Wish you would stay in the scene. You’re a valuable player for your skill level (as in ur good enough and it’s a shame to lose an asset such as urself).[/collapse]

[collapse=17. JMo:] Excellent work in doubles. There are not many unranked players I would team with and achieve the same result. HEY, there aren’t many ranked players I could team with and achieve the same result. I made a mad good investment in you bro and it pulled off. And your initiative was also amazing. We need to play more. Mad disappointed in your singles performance tho. You coulda got ninth =_=. Don’t ever think that just cause u did good in singles, u can slack off in doubles. That’s some BS! I’ve told u the rest over msn. None the less. Ur a PR member. YORK REGION DA BESS![/collapse]

[collapse=17. Rhyme:] Yeah so iunno wtf happened here. We talked about it on msn but still... Don’t go to tourneys and play DS when ur not in a match. Play brawl when ur not in a match![/collapse]

[collapse=17. Patches:] I did place in the money at this tourney bro. I made more money than swordgard :D. I hope u get better and make dat PR bro. Also, was ur pools and brackets a lot better now :p?[/collapse]

[collapse=17. Fuddo:] Good **** on making it out of pools bro. I’ve taught u well :D. I hope u can use what u learned for the next tourney cause I transferred my attention elsewhere for now. Keep it up man![/collapse]

[collapse=17. Nostalgic:] So much Quebec at this tourney! Congrats on making the bracket bro :D.[/collapse]

[collapse=17.Googs:] It seems some other people vouched for you but my opinion is still mixed. Sorry bro but I guess we’ll just have to play 1v1 (offline) so I can see where ur really at.[/collapse]

[collapse=17. NekoNekoXD:] Glad you made the bracket bro. Its tru now that I think of it. You did always make brackets every tourney. #1 in DT Toronto eh? Nice to see you got a lil scene going. Brawl in Toronto will blow up soon and become huge at this rate. GGs btw :D.[/collapse]

[collapse=17. Arrows:] Yo bro, we’ve been playing and you know where its at. I’ll make you PR level. Trust me! Excellent work in tourney, and on showing up in general. None of your progress woulda happened if u were still unknown.[/collapse]

[collapse=25. SK:] GGs in doubles bro.[/collapse]

[collapse=25. Mprime:] WTH happened here? LOL ganon vs falco on norfair. Still... Arrows is legit tho so thats understandable![/collapse]

[collapse=25. Looftwaffles:] I wanna see you make it out of pools bro. I really wanna see it happen. I’m waiting for you on the other side bro![/collapse]

[collapse=25. Vis~k:] Thanks for coming to the tourney man. Hope to see you again. GGs :D.[/collapse]

[collapse=25. Mr.L:] Congrats on taking a game off Iliad bro. Guess I helped after all ;D. Surprised you did it with Luigi tho. Going all weegee now eh? Good luck bro. Playing Middle tier is mad tough. Glad you had fun at ur 1st tourney![/collapse]

[collapse=25. HrcPoke:] When you gonna make it outta brackets son?[/collapse]

[collapse=25. XP:] Downtown Toronto gotta step it up. Enter doubles next time. You guys can’t leave Neko alone in brackets =/.[/collapse]

[collapse=25. SkylerSilver:] Mah negro from another... negro :D. Practice more lol. Read my interview for tips on how to get better (oh wait, its not up anymore, well uh..., wait till Gichan gets it back up LOL)[/collapse]

[collapse=33. SupremeDirt:] I advise you do not main Ganondorf and instead pick a GOOD character, or even a viable one and stick with it. Like beating Mprime on Norfair when he SD’d isn’t necessary an indication of how good you characters can be. Main another character. Temporary drop in results but long term improvement overall. Ganon will go nowhere fast LOL. Sorry, its just reality bro.[/collapse]

[collapse=33. Revenege:] Glad you came out to another tourney. If you keep coming, eventually you will get better. Hope you improve bro.[/collapse]

[collapse=33. Barf:] GGs in pools bro. Enter doubles next time haha. I can find you a partner np. Nice hair lol, it kinda tripped me out seeing green hair, don’t get much of those often :p.[/collapse]

[collapse=33. Fishy:] Sorry we couldn’t play man. I know I said we would but I didn’t have the time. I will have time at the Ontario Pwn Classic tho. Not hosting that one. Come out to more tourneys and rep Ingersoll lol. + if u wanna play me, tourneys are ur only chance haha.[/collapse]

[collapse=33. Remorse:] Good job beating Gichan lol. I didn’t see the match, just saw the results. That’s pretty impressive. He might have matchup johns but still an, good job.[/collapse]

[collapse=33. .exe:] I know ur better than this bro. Prove it next time. Gotta get gutta pools bro. Iunno how u find out about all these tourneys without posting on smashboards lol but who cares, u here and ur still my negro![/collapse]

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Don't worry Tin, I'm dropping Ganon for the most part. I've got a few characters I'm going to work on, switching based on MU.

Patches

Smash Master
videos
10****INGVIDEOS
Theres some on Canadabrawl waiting for Tinman to finish up. (Including our MM. (; )
I'm just editing the videos now. I'll have them all on Canadabrawl within the next couple of days.

At least the ones Tin wants me to do.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Try playing them.

If they're the correct videos, just get some software to convert them.

Then go and change what codec you're using to record them.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Oh, they're definitely the right videos, and I'm recording into AVI. I honestly think it's the stupid pack-in software I'm using.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Wait, if you're using a Dazzle, stop using the silly pack-in software.

It blows up the file size waaaaaay too much to be useful for a lot of videos.

Use virtualdub instead.

Top Bottom