• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 2! April 17th, Port Coquitlam, BC. WE NEED MORE SET-UPS!

Karupin

Smash Journeyman
Housing is available. Jake (I think) said so. Just who's available to house is the question.

And yeah... two nights at a hotel is way too expensive for a one day tourney.
if we split one room, it would probably be really cheap...
dont most hotels provide fold up bed things?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I disagree with simply allowing scrooging... sure, going across the stage might be beneficial to the character for some reason (e.g. smashville platform in a better location), but letting someone go back and fourth... well... yeah... (e.g. MK vs IC's... scrooging avoids chaingrabs, and there's basically nothing that IC's can do about it... at least as far as I know...).

I think if you want to allow scrooging, add something so that it's not used for the rest of the match. It's better to solve the problem before it becomes a problem (if I lose to someone stalling the entire match through scrooging... well, obviously I won't be happy... but if you change the rule after that match, what happens with that match?).

Edit: Also, don't know if you've done it or not, but I am 99% confirmed to be at this tournament (in other words, unless I break my arm or get a hang nail, I'm coming).

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
The problem with banning scrooging is enforcing the rule; there is no "glides under the stage" counter in the results screen. The only real way to enforce a scrooging ban would be to have judges watch the matches and call a player out on it, which is impractical for a number of reasons. I dislike the idea of stalling out a match like that as much as anybody else, but what can we do? Unless you have any better ideas, we can either:

a) Have a judge watch every tournament match with an MK/Pit and watch for planking (really though, who would actually want to do this? There are quite a few MKs...)

b) Hack every Wii with infinite replays so any match can be reviewed afterwards and checked for scrooging by a judge (not only is it unrealistic to expect everybody to be okay with having their Wii hacked; it also uses valuable time and space to watch the replays again)

I'll confirm you, if I haven't already.

:005:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I know it's kind-of hard to enforce... but... well... all I'm saying is if it happens in an actual tourney match... well, what do you do them?

As crazy/random as you guys know me to be, I am probably one of the most cautious people when it comes to these types of things.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
We only have so many MK mains in our community and it's a tight-knit community, so if someone scrooges we can just shun them ;O ;O ;O

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I'm planning on using puff in the tourney as well.

I don't know if I'll do the 10 chars before GaW... since by the time I get to GaW, it will be winner's semis (assuming a 16 man tourney... which the confirmed list seems to indicate). But yeah, puff was one of my possible 10 :p

Wait a second... Brian, wanna do a doubles money match, team puff? :p

And sure Deap :p

edit: lol I said jiggs in my last post because I thought I was the only one who used her... but I guess I'm not :p

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Jiggs is my low tier of choice, now that PT is no longer low tier :p (it would be yoshi, but jake kinda cornered the market on that)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Yoshi dittos suck... they're a horrible match.

YOSHI DITTO HIM!!!!!!! :p

at least Yoshi's one of my least favourite matchups as Yoshi...

I think we should have random character as a legitimate character choice in low tier tourneys... any agreement? :p

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
robert can u get ahold of me sometime... via FB or soemthing so we can figure out the plan for getting there again??? also grape PM me, sicne u live in Campbell river, i dont mind having people over to play brawl, its better then me playing CPU's and i can offer some help with your gameplay, like spacing and stuff... lemme know =D

bundtcake

Smash Ace

YOSHI DITTO HIM!!!!!!! :p

at least Yoshi's one of my least favourite matchups as Yoshi...

I think we should have random character as a legitimate character choice in low tier tourneys... any agreement? :p
As awesome as that might be, if you pick random you have a higher chance of getting a high/mid tier character than a low tier character, so... :p

Clouderz

Smash Ace
IGHTT
DO I REALLY HAVE TO BRING MY MARIO INTO THIS
CUZ IM PREE'SURE MARIO IS LOW TIER
i think

ACCEPTING MARIO VS ANY LOW TIERS
ACCEPTING ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY MATCHES FROM ANYONE

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I know it's kind-of hard to enforce... but... well... all I'm saying is if it happens in an actual tourney match... well, what do you do them?
Scrooging would probably earn a forfeiture of the match, with potential set forfeitures with multiple offenses.

20 per team!!
It was $10 per team last time, and only 2-3 people said they wanted $20 per team. Sorry. <=/

Jiggs is my low tier of choice, now that PT is no longer low tier :p (it would be yoshi, but jake kinda cornered the market on that)
Buahahahahahaha

This man knows what's up.

IGHTT
DO I REALLY HAVE TO BRING MY MARIO INTO THIS
CUZ IM PREE'SURE MARIO IS LOW TIER
i think

ACCEPTING MARIO VS ANY LOW TIERS
ACCEPTING ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY MATCHES FROM ANYONE
Yoshi vs. Mario. $20. I may be running the tourney, but I'll make time for this. I'm also making sure it gets recorded.

THIS IS FOR ALL THE YEARS OF OPPRESSION

MARIO WILL PAYYYYYYYYYY

Literally. =]

Clouderz

Smash Ace
scrooging Would Probably Earn A Forfeiture Of The Match, With Potential Set Forfeitures With Multiple Offenses.

it Was $10 Per Team Last Time, And Only 2-3 People Said They Wanted $20 Per Team. Sorry. <=/

buahahahahahaha

this Man Knows What's Up.

yoshi Vs. Mario. $20. I May Be Running The Tourney, But I'll Make Time For This. I'm Also Making Sure It Gets Recorded.

This Is For All The Years Of Oppression

Mario Will Payyyyyyyyyy

Literally. =]

I Honorably Accept

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Is this at the video store again? I'd love to go if it is but i dont have money.. so I am unconfirmed. Anyone wanna be my partner?! I'm a good dbbls partner =D

EDIT: I'll bring my wii again, I could bring 2 but i dont have the necesary cords for both and i only have 1 disc

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Is this at the video store again? I'd love to go if it is but i dont have money.. so I am unconfirmed. Anyone wanna be my partner?! I'm a good dbbls partner =D

EDIT: I'll bring my wii again, I could bring 2 but i dont have the necesary cords for both and i only have 1 disc
Yeah, it's at the same place. I'll put you and your Wii down as unconfirmed.

Speaking of which, WE NEED MORE WIIS!!!1! Confirm them please.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
i want a MM with ur jigly blue yoshi

after our MM

lets play

my sheik vs ur jigly $2

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
This man knows what's up.

There used to be another Yoshi player in Victoria (back when the game came out). He kept wanting to play Yoshi dittos... even in tourney matches. I eventually gave up and used GaW against him out of annoyance :p

Yoshi vs. Mario. $20. I may be running the tourney, but I'll make time for this. I'm also making sure it gets recorded.

THIS IS FOR ALL THE YEARS OF OPPRESSION

MARIO WILL PAYYYYYYYYYY

Literally. =]

I Honorably Accept

Yoshi must be dark blue, and Mario must be red. That way, it goes perfect with my avatar :p

Scrooging would probably earn a forfeiture of the match, with potential set forfeitures with multiple offenses.

If there is no rule against scrooging, you can't punish scroogers. That's my point. It wouldn't be fair to punish someone for something they did if there was no rule against it.

can i scrooge with snake?
can i scrooge with pika?
Can I scrooge with Ganondorf?

But whether or not there is a scrooging rule, Yoshi should always be allowed to screwge on FD.

after our MM

lets play

my sheik vs ur jigly $2

Uh... which game are we talking about? I'm not sure if I believe in my puff much in brawl, and I haven't played melee since January (and before Clouderz comes in and says otherwise, I've played melee maybe once or twice since January... HA! BEAT YOU TO IT! :p). I'd need insane amounts of warmups before I would accept either one, but... well, maybe :p

I'd probably be more willing to accept the melee puff vs sheik mm tbh... :p

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
There used to be another Yoshi player in Victoria (back when the game came out). He kept wanting to play Yoshi dittos... even in tourney matches. I eventually gave up and used GaW against him out of annoyance :p
That wouldn't happen to be MMac, would it? Because I messaged him a while back, and he said he might come to this, but I haven't heard from him in a while. v.v

I almost had to do a Yoshi ditto in singles at TourneyPlay 4. XD That would've been messy, and I would've been pissed if I had lost. =P

Yoshi must be dark blue, and Mario must be red. That way, it goes perfect with my avatar :p
That image implies that I'd get footstooled. =/ Also, purple boots are not my style.

If there is no rule against scrooging, you can't punish scroogers. That's my point. It wouldn't be fair to punish someone for something they did if there was no rule against it.
I think I misread your post; I thought you were asking what the punishment would be if we had an anti-scrooging rule, but looking back, you were asking what will happen if somebody does scrooge this time. >.< My mistake. As I've said before, there are plenty of MKs here, but none of them have resorted to scrooging (as far as I'm aware), and I don't believe it's necessary to go through the trouble to find a way to enforce a rule to solve a problem we don't have. I really don't think it will be a problem.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x

Can I scrooge with Ganondorf?

But whether or not there is a scrooging rule, Yoshi should always be allowed to screwge on FD.

Uh... which game are we talking about? I'm not sure if I believe in my puff much in brawl, and I haven't played melee since January (and before Clouderz comes in and says otherwise, I've played melee maybe once or twice since January... HA! BEAT YOU TO IT! :p). I'd need insane amounts of warmups before I would accept either one, but... well, maybe :p

I'd probably be more willing to accept the melee puff vs sheik mm tbh... :p

i was thinking sheik vs jigly in brawl but if u want the mm in melee is ok for me:)

Clouderz

Smash Ace
i have a feeling this wont be as big as the first one

once people realized their is no hope for them in getting 1st, they just gave up

:/

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
this time im going to be more prepared i didnt play brawl for a month prior to the last tourney and my CGing and dysnch game was not at where it used to be, but ive been perfecting my chain grabbing again and playing a lot more again, so dont be too cocky there clouderz, anyways, clouderz id like another MM lets put some hype on this, IC's vs MK 20$ MM... also if any other MK's wanna try to beat my IC'ers or anyone else dosnt matter, lemme know. im feeling confident so anyone who wants an MM lets do it. Also firefly i need to redeem myself from last tourney since i shouldove beat you, but my fail at chaingrabbing lead to my demiss id like a 10-20$ MM with you aswell.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Yeah, I think we were both playing pretty badly that day. =/ Hopefully we'll actually be on our game this time, even though it's looking like this will be my first time playing in two weeks. >.< We'll see how it goes...

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
this time im going to be more prepared i didnt play brawl for a month prior to the last tourney and my CGing and dysnch game was not at where it used to be, but ive been perfecting my chain grabbing again and playing a lot more again, so dont be too cocky there clouderz, anyways, clouderz id like another MM lets put some hype on this, IC's vs MK 20$ MM... also if any other MK's wanna try to beat my IC'ers or anyone else dosnt matter, lemme know. im feeling confident so anyone who wants an MM lets do it. Also firefly i need to redeem myself from last tourney since i shouldove beat you, but my fail at chaingrabbing lead to my demiss id like a 10-20$ MM with you aswell.

i will MM you

20$
:)

Karupin

Smash Journeyman
Blu yoshi $10 mm???
Triangle.

after our MM

lets play

my sheik vs ur jigly $2
Triangle.

i was thinking sheik vs jigly in brawl but if u want the mm in melee is ok for me:)
Triangle.

i will MM you

20$
:)
Triangle.

up for a TL vs IC MM?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Kyle, up for a IC vs youdontknowwhatcharacterimgoingtouseagainstyousoyouwontbeabletopreparefortheslowpainfuldeaththatwillcometoyouriceclimbersbecausetheywillstandnochance mm?

edit: boo, smashboards auto-breaks the word :(

Top Bottom