• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 4 Results (Coquitlam, BC, Canada)

Scaphist

Smash Apprentice
You were the Brawl peach player right? Your Falco was pretty good in Melee, considering you have like 0 Melee experience. Your tech skill is quite good, you just made a lot of simple mistakes. Keep playing Melee man, you have potential.

Come to a BC Melee tournament sometime!
Yeah that was me. My john is that brawl ****ed up my techskill (and that I was pretty nervous for some reason). I was able to notice some of my mistakes too. I can't count the amount of times Blunted just waited for me to come in with dair and just wavedashed back and then proceeded to **** my **** up.

Is Jake Blueyoshi or Firefly?

idk whether to be insulted by this or just not give two ****s, haters gonna hate, and get at me.

I like the latter. :cool:

--

Shoutouts to the rest of BC later today! This was a very fun tournament. My one regret in terms of how far I went was the loss to Jake. But I'm very happy as losing the way I did was how I would have expected it. We know how one another plays and it could have gone either way. ... Alright. Two regrets, not getting to play absolutely everyone. I saw that StarWaffle. Doubles didn't do it justice.
Dude I'm just like the rest of BC and hate sonic, but I was still pretty impressed with yours. Keep at it.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
good stuff WC. If only Saskatchewan played, then BC could reach Alberta and so could sask since its in the middle. Here in Ontario, we get Quebec more than often (and Ontario doesn't really travel to quebec lol, but thats because of parents or ride johns :p). Hopefully we can have that canadian national. Thought clouderz woulda done better tho :o

looks like boom is #1 on the WC tho. Alberta ***** teams, wow, who from alberta went btw?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
ahhhhhh so much fun. Everyone that went was incredibly nice.

Tero- it was an honor to do be knocked into the losers bracket by your ganon. way better than vermanubis imo

Ic0nic- was so upset when i saw that i had to face you next, and the winner would have to face captain L ;-; i think i gave up right there. nice pikachu.crappy mk ;] jk your fun to play.

Captain L- I never even got the honor to be ***** by your pikachu. was gonna ask you to play but didn't want to waste your time =P You make me want to stop using pikachu cuz your so good. (but i can't cuz he is 2 cool) anyways it was gay how you lost I saw the whole match i think you should have gone a lot further.

Cheaszeman- haha you were awsome, much fun was had in our matches. ZSS is a beaaassst. I wish we coulda played a bit more.

Kuraudo- Mad respect for you =D you were playing anyone and everyone, not being judgemental and always courteous. you just looked like you were having a great time. Never got to 1v1 you =[

SKidd- lol can't believe you were actually 10 years old. I don't think we ever got to play a full match 1v1 pika/mario =\ always got interrupted. We should have practiced for dbbls a little D: you were pretty cool though =]

BlueYoshi-Max-Grape- Fun times staying up til 4 =| hope you enjoyed your stay, sorry for sucking so much at 64/melee =P

everyone else- Thanks to all of you who even played me. I know its not fun playing noobs, but you were all very nice about it. I hope there will be a phoenix 5 soon =] If you guys ever need housing or poster or T.Vs or anything, lemme know and i'll be happy to help.

Great tourney
I don't think we've ever played Waffle. This isn't at all meant as a sleight against Tero, as he's a close friend of mine, but I just don't particularly enjoy being unjustly compared (especially to friends).

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
@DTP: I've slowed down on wifi since Phoenix 3, but I still play once in a while just so I don't fall into computer habits. I'm pretty sure I've improved since last year and I hope you have too :p
I've improved in my overall gameplay a bit but that's it. You'd probably beat me if we played again lol
good stuff WC. If only Saskatchewan played, then BC could reach Alberta and so could sask since its in the middle. Here in Ontario, we get Quebec more than often (and Ontario doesn't really travel to quebec lol, but thats because of parents or ride johns :p). Hopefully we can have that canadian national. Thought clouderz woulda done better tho :o

looks like boom is #1 on the WC tho. Alberta ***** teams, wow, who from alberta went btw?
Canadian National would be interesting lol

Here's all of Alberta who went.

- SuPeRbOoM
- Alphicans
- KilLock
- Fiji
- Arsenal
- Kuraudo
- Devilwillcry
- burningpyre
- Diminisht

(Ignore my spelling mistakes guys haha)

And Jake is some sort of hybrid between BC and Alberta lol it's scary.

Metà

Smash Master
All of my doubles matches are up now.

I've uploaded some singles matches, mostly just pools though (my pool, lol ****). Also, I have a video of Tero vs DevilWillCry, which looks like a set, but they never fought each other in singles. I think the match was recorded before pools. Is it a money match or just friendlies?

btw let me know if I've made any mistakes with labeling the videos.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I don't think we've ever played Waffle. This isn't at all meant as a sleight against Tero, as he's a close friend of mine, but I just don't particularly enjoy being unjustly compared (especially to friends).

unless there are 2 vermanubis' then i'm pretty sure we have played many times. :x Even though it was online =\

i guess its not fair to compare you online from months ago to tero in person now. sorry if i offended you at all 0.0 I'm sure you are a lot better now and in person =]

I am only going on what i know though, and my experiences may be outdated. Its not like weve never played at all and i'm just going on random videos I've seen, we have played before o.e no disrespect intended.

If you want to prove my comparison wrong then come to BC =]

brningpyre

Smash Lord
Awesome tournament, but I choked hard the entire time. I got no johns, I just sucked.

Shoutout to everyone in our car: Jack, Dan, Alvin, Kelvin, Brandon, and Ash; you rule. Luke and Adam are okay, I guess.

Hey Evan, what do you use for editing the videos together?

Also, good stuff Ash: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAqXcRiLc_c

Jordan, thanks so much for housing us! I know we can be a pain in the ***, but you were a great host. Thank you, from all of Alberta.

I picked up some stuff playing against and watching Asa, I'll step it up next time. Learned a bit more about the Olimar matchup, too.

Diminisht

Smash Journeyman
Crazy tournament. Everything from the crowd that showed up, to the crazy sets that even got me excited (which is rare) and just overall event, it was great. BC, that was a great tourny.

Jordan and Sarah, Thank you very much for housing us.
Evan Thanks for doing so much recording and uploading, I've done it all before and I can't stand it, so props.
Jake, you did a hell of a job dealing with the pools and the bracket, thanks, it wouldn't have gone as smoothly without you or jordan for that matter.
Cedric we had some epic matches, your DK beasted me off stage countless times :p
Brian, I'm hella impressed by your rob skills, good job taking 2nd.
Cap L, ha, thanks for showing me how to get out of your pika throw lmao. good matches man. I was honestly very impressed by your pikachu
Dave, Iconic, your an awesome guy man, had a lot fun teaming with ya, good to meet you. oh, and Dash dancing is awesome lol
Clouders/Breeze, Sorry AB beat you, dont take it to heart, you guys are still good.
Breeze's GF (Breeze pass the message on), lol, Boomkinz is his official nickname.

Overall it was a killer time, I don't regret going, I learned a lot, PLATFORM CANCELING. and i'd like for you guys to come to AB sometime. Cheers. oh, and ASA your olimar is killer.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Alright, now that I am slightly more rested up, time for some shout-outs:

Starwaffle: Thanks for housing us. We had a great time there.

Superboom: Great job this tournament. Too bad our only game in smash 64 was half of a Falcon free-for-all :p

Meta: ggs in smash 64. We should money match next time.

Captain L: Wow, we did pretty good in teams. lol @ "This match is void because I am 9ing my teammate" lol :p

Bundtcake: ggs. Great job in getting second. Repped BC well :)

Jake: Wow... we both beat clouderz... Guess he has problems against BC's Yoshis :p

Breez: Your personal worst matchup is GaW. My personal worst matchup is MK. We should just play each other for a while, get used to the other matchup :p anyways, ggs :)

Clouderz: First you ragequit as Falcon against my Kirby in melee (lol Kirby :p), then I beat you in the tournament. Like Sonic says: "Come on, step it up!" :p. Hurray for bragging rights (until the next tournament) :p

Tero: As usual, repping Ganon and doing well. Too bad you couldn't stay for crew battles (though it kinda failed...).

LFL: Thanks as always for hosting a great tournament.

Max and Grape: "Tell me when you guys are done." ... "are you doing some good combos?"
lol I should make that my new sig :p

Rest of Alberta: Thanks for coming down. Definitely made a great tournament even better :)

If I missed anyone, you were just so awesome, words could not come together in the form of a shout-out :p

Edit: oh god, looking at my post, I use ":p" way too much lol.

Asa

Smash Hero
Guess shoutouts go here..

Cheesze: dont be bummed man we'll do better next time
Bundt: D: porqueeeeeee ill beat u in tourney one day and ull be proud of me
Ced: thx for supporting me in my matches i really appreciated that : )
Skidd: ur getting better dude. dont pet me while im playing
Arsenal: i really enjoyed playing u man sry if i was too loud lol
Fiji: thx for the mms and helping me with the mk mu
Karaudo: loved our matches and ur hax :) good **** at the tourney
Tero: ya had a lot of fun playing with u. Dont give me those eyes
Breez: gnw D:
Dan: Thanks for helping me vs mk :)
Jack: loved our mms and friendlies u helped me correct some of my bad habits
Diminisht: 219 XD
Scaphist: hope to see u at future tournies
Blue yoshi: good **** man

Tin Man

Smash Hero
If you look at the bracket, I got knocked into loser's and appeared at the branch denoted as "AB"...

And I'm Jake. lol

:008:
I know that because of talking to T (or I guess Z) block (why the name change o.O) + talking to Jack/Killock on msn. I also understand that u were born in BC and lived there until post secondary, and then moved to alberta for school for w/e reason

whats is the reason btw :p

Looks like I wish frio went so I could size up the Olimars on the West cost, oh well =/

HNG

Smash Journeyman
I know that because of talking to T (or I guess Z) block (why the name change o.O) + talking to Jack/Killock on msn. I also understand that u were born in BC and lived there until post secondary, and then moved to alberta for school for w/e reason

Looks like I wish frio went so I could size up the Olimars on the West cost, oh well =/
If you come from Ontario, Bring Mr. Game and Swag c:

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'd better give my shoutouts too:

Kuraudo: Nice Sonic. Probably one of my harder match ups. So fast. lol. So who were you on NSider, or were you just a lurker? Anyways it was cool that you had heard of me. :)

Terodactyl Yelnats: What a terrifying Ganon. I know I'm not that great but you still destroyed me in a match up which isn't much in Ganon's favour. Loved watching you take on some of those MK players.

Dan: Probably one of the closer matches I had. Good games.

T-pagne: Fun friendlies. You were probably the closest to my skill level so I had a lot of fun. I kept almost winning a lot, down to 1 stock. :p Nice Peach/Snake..

SKidd: Nice Mario. Considering how old you are, you're quite skilled. Good matches.

Cheaszeman: Nice to meet you. And lol @ those Samus ditto's. It went something like zap, clank, explode, etc. Nice ZSS and Link as well.

If I missed anyone that I played often, let me know. :)

Metà

Smash Master
Evan Thanks for doing so much recording and uploading, I've done it all before and I can't stand it, so props.
^ this

I'm doing all this recording/uploading for a game I don't even really care much about. I do this because I support the community and the players.

mad respect for calling me by my real name too, haha

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
unless there are 2 vermanubis' then i'm pretty sure we have played many times. :x Even though it was online =\

i guess its not fair to compare you online from months ago to tero in person now. sorry if i offended you at all 0.0 I'm sure you are a lot better now and in person =]

I am only going on what i know though, and my experiences may be outdated. Its not like weve never played at all and i'm just going on random videos I've seen, we have played before o.e no disrespect intended.

If you want to prove my comparison wrong then come to BC =]
Not offended at all. I just don't like comparisons with such minimal base, and against a friend, it makes it somewhat awkward. Tero deserves praise, for he is an excellent player. Just not in such an awkward way. o_O

~Firefly~

Smash Hero

That was directed at Scaphist asking who Jake was. And...this is backwards. =P I used to live in Alberta, and moved to BC for post-secondary. And I was born in New Brunsuik, not Alberta or BC. XD I moved to BC for university partially because I wanted to move out and experience another part of Canada, and partially for scholarships (there's a long story behind that that I don't really want to get into).

Haha I just noticed:

Firefly lost to Fiji in Winner's.

Fiji lost to Bundtcake in Loser's.

Bundtcake lost to Killlock in Winner's.

Killlock lost to Firefly in Loser's.

lol :p
Yup. XD Me and Brian watching each other's backs.

:008:

P D

Smash Ace
dang boom didnt realize you recked at brawl so much

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Not offended at all. I just don't like comparisons with such minimal base, and against a friend, it makes it somewhat awkward. Tero deserves praise, for he is an excellent player. Just not in such an awkward way. o_O
Why you name searching? Why you gotta do that?

Good tournament guys. Sorry for not entering, idk, wasn't feeling confident. Some of the matches were so tight. I hope to see you guys at the next one.

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
subscribe to my youtube channel to see videos from the tournament:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SSBMeta

I got a ton of footage recorded, but don't expect it to go up all at once. I've already got a couple doubles matches up, but my upload speed is really slow, so it'll take a while. When I'm at school I'll get better upload speeds, so I'll probably do the rest tomorrow.

Singles vids are going to take at least a couple weeks for me to get them all up >_> I'm in school lol, I'm busy with stuff.
@ TheKoopaBros.

I was CLANDON on NSider a long time ago. lol Also, Breez was the Meta Knight player. lol
Wow I can't believe I mixed you two up. I'll go fix that now.

I think I recognize the name somewhere, but it was a long time ago so who knows? :p

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I didn't do anything much of significance I'm sure asides creating a long speech about why Sonic should be in Brawl. Or the Mario vs. Sonic thread. That was aaaages ago. lol

NSider was stupid though. I still remember that one elitist group of people who got off on calling everyone else idiots and having their own forum for being the "cool" people. lmao

[EDIT]

I'm sad that Breez vs. me wasn't recorded. Most hyped matches imo,

1.) Firefly vs. Clouderz
2.) Blue Yoshi vs. Clouderz
#3 spot goes to either,

Kuraudo vs. Breez / Firefly vs. KillL0ck

[EDIT #2]

Guess that means I'll hafta repeat what happened last time only better!

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
I didn't do anything much of significance I'm sure asides creating a long speech about why Sonic should be in Brawl. Or the Mario vs. Sonic thread. That was aaaages ago. lol

NSider was stupid though. I still remember that one elitist group of people who got off on calling everyone else idiots and having their own forum for being the "cool" people. lmao
I do remember that thread in the smash boards. Some people got pretty wound up in their.

I actually was one of those 'cool' people if you're referring to the sages on the site. I was awarded the sage rank I think in 2005 or 2006. I had a lot of good times on that sites but there were so many stupid flamers and trollers too.

MeSSi

Smash Ace
Shoutouts (i never do these)....

1. SuPeRbOoM- gg. AB *****. +100 bro rep. no one will beat u

2. Bundtcake- really good ROB. wow i never played anything like that. u just counter hit me everytime. too good

3. Alphicans- AB *****. u could have beat bundt. go falco. + 75 bro rep (u didnt come in the carpool)

4. Firefly- good job on 4th and beating jack's marth. u were a great TO. lol at playing u twice, this doesn't happen usually... btw i consider u AB.

5. KillL0ck- +100 bro rep.... play snake and u would have beaten jake. i know it, u know it. *bro fist*

5. Fiji- wat?

7. Blue Yoshi- nice set in pools, really clutch against clouderz. keep it up.

7. Captain L- good job on beating arsenal. EPIC RAGE IS EPIC lol. (see jack's star wars post lol)

9. Asa- good olimar, nice money matches. hope to play u again soon... in AB?????

9. Kuraudo- +100 bro rep. AB *****. good stuff beating breez. we all knew that BC would get ***** by
sonic.

9. DevilWillCry- +75 bro rep (same as luke). AB *****. good job on getting 9th. i hope u come back to AB monthlies.

9. Clouderz- ggs in teams, lol at tripping. u probably should have teamed with alphicans. i bet u regret it now.

13. Terodactyl Yelnats- why do all the beast ganons come from BC? too good.

13. Ced- nice set. snake dittos for the next time we play? cool dude

13. Breez- learn the snake MU and apparently the sonic MU as well. hope u come down to AB. really chill

13. Arsenal- get ***** bro

17. Kodokan- thanks for housing us. i know it must have been a pain to put up with AB. yur a really chill dude. when u come down to AB we got yur back for housing fo show. + 100 bro rep.

17. Grape- arsenal says that he had fun in yur money match, keep repping shiek but add more zelda.

17. Blunted_Object10- ggs in crews, nice tipper. real chill dude

17. Diminisht- +200 bro rep. see u at my place bro. no homo

17. Max113- never got to play u but nice snake.

17. Cheaszeman- ggs in doubles. work on the snake MU. really nice dude

17. Ic0nic- thanks for teaming with ash. super chill

17. Meta- thanks for uploading the videos. i know its a real pain, but everyone in the smash community will thank u for it.

25. Dan- never got to play u but ggs anyway.

25. HNG- good set against arsenal in pools, work on that DI and u will place better at each BC tourney.

25. Scaphist- ggs against boom. real good peach.

25. SKidd- yur small, but funny. i never played u but ggs anyway

25. Sydney- i never played u but ggs anyway

25. Wagon- u have a really good lucario, really beast DI+lucario= ****. ggs in our set

25. Starwaffle- i never played u but ggs anyway

25. brningpyre- +100 bro rep. * bro hug*. ash will give u the car rental money sometime this week. u just be snipin' brandon all day. lol

33. Duck- ggs in pools. dont give up u have potential.

33. TheKoopaBros.- i never played u but ggs anyway

33. T-pagne-i never played u but ggs anyway

to everyone in the AB carpool.... i had an awesome time +100000 bro rep. dudes. so when the next trip? EC maybe??? just remember that if yur having a hard time gettin in... the rock bottom will ALWAYS get u in. lol

overall BC got ***** by AB... top 3 in doubles were all AB and 4 out of the top 6 in singles were from AB. where u at?

now its BC's turn to come to edmonton..... make it happen

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I have all of your set with him Rob, and I've already edited it. It'll go up tomorrow. Brandon, I have game 3 of you vs Breez.
You are my hero of the day. Just for that, I'm gonna play Marth more and get better at Melee. When I come back to BC or you come to AB, I want a MM rematch with our mains/secondaries/whatevs.

Can't wait to see it!

Metà

Smash Master
Ok, so, one of the DVDs ran out mid game and I lost all but game 1 of bundtcake vs jake. I'm not sure if I even got loser's finals recorded, but I think I did put in a new disc when that happened. Expect a bunch more singles vids to go up tomorrow.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Ok, so, one of the DVDs ran out mid game and I lost all but game 1 of bundtcake vs jake. I'm not sure if I even got loser's finals recorded, but I think I did put in a new disc when that happened. Expect a bunch more singles vids to go up tomorrow.
losers finals didn't get taped iirc since that was after you went "graaaaaah stop leaving my recording device on in between matches" and you turned it off and nobody bothered to turn it back on, I think people remembered in time to record me getting ***** hardcore by superboom though!

Frio

Smash Champion
SHOUT OUTS

1. SuPeRbOoM You took my money again wth?
2. Bundtcake Is this Luke?
3. Alphicans Yeah I stole Luke's name again. He's my *****
4. Firefly GG in doubles, shame we didnt get 1st
5. KillL0ck You got all the Marth vs Pika exp from some where eh =/
5. Fiji Gg in dobules, it was close
7. Captain L I wanna vs you some day. My pika is god awful and needs help
9. Kuraudo THANKS FOR THE RIDE. lol jk >_>
9. DevilWillCry You stepped it up this tournament, good job
9. Clouderz Shoulda teamed with me bro

Top Bottom