• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 6 Results - Maple Ridge, BC

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If I can make up the money somehow I'll try to make it to one at somepoint.

MewMewKittyMew

Smash Cadet
To our guests, thank your being wonderful ^_^ Hope Ben and I were at least sub-par hosts. ;)
PS. Please no one die from cookie overdose today ):!

Theres a few super awesome fun pictures up on fb, if anyone's interested in taking a peak. Sorry about the cat ones, she's just too cute! D:

Love, Future Crazy Cat Lady Bri <3

:phone:

∫unk

Smash Master
Shoutouts:

0: Future Crazy Cat Lady Bri <3 :random: - Fun hanging out. Thanks for destroying our almost perfect 100%-male attendance. So close guys... next time. ^^ Seriously thanks for the instructions so we could get home. It doesn't seem like I can go but it'd be awesome if I could make it on Friday.
1: Felix :diddy: ($176) - Fun hanging out and nice job winning. lol at how many random problems we ran into travelling.
2: Alphicans :gw: :falco: ($80) - I'll learn the matchup next time gg's
3: Asa :olimar: ($48) - Sorry for stinking up doubles but we did great in singles. Good tournament set.
4: KillLock :snake: :metaknight: ($16) - I wish I got to play you for more than half a friendly. Nice job overall in the tournament.
5: Tin Man :olimar: :falco: ($10) - Thanks for coming all the way from EC that mm was so hype lol
5: Junk :dedede: :metaknight: :marth: ($10) - Sometimes you play smart and sometimes you're terrible do less of the latter plzthx
7: Fiji :metaknight: :snake: - So annoying to fight double mk lol gg's. block ***** me in doubles for some reason.
7: Bundtcake :rob: - I've never been zero to deathed by a ROB D: you ***** me in doubles and we had a good singles set gg.
9: Kuraudo :sonic: - Sorry I didn't team with you I think the karma police got me though. Wish we got to play more than a few friendlies.
9: Breez :metaknight: - We didn't get to hang out much but you're cool hopefully we see each other in the future in tournament. Let's play sc2?
9: Arsenal :metaknight: - gg's you ***** my DDD :( I don't know how you know the matchup but it was really annoying
9: Blue Yoshi :gw: - gg's in pools, gw is so scary T-T
13: Firefly :yoshi2: - Didn't get to play you but I hope we do in the future. Thanks for hosting and running the tournament.
13: Drake :rob: - gg's you destroyed me that first tournament game
13: Captain L :pikachu2: - I think maybe I played you in doubles or friendlies? Anyways gg's
13: Busy :wario: :popo: - Always fun chillin' and you repped WA :) Stop sandbagging singles though lol
17: smash_mash :metaknight: - I'm not sure I played you
17: Big D :wario: :snake: :dedede: :popo: :diddy: - gg I didn't want to DDD ditto you because I think the matchup is more random.
17: T-Block :diddy: :pt: - I didn't get to play you and I don't even know what you look like :(
17: brningpyre :wario: - We had one friendly gg. Tornado too good.
17: Blunted_Object :marth: - I don't think we got to play
17: DTP :peach: - gg's in pools and friendlies
17: SKidd :mario2: - I don't think we got to play
17: Sushi :diddy: - gg's in friendlies. Just fyi most players are trying but sometimes it's hard to give 100% concentration because it's draining.
25: Kantrip :diddy: - I don't think we got to play
25: Frio :pikachu2: - I don't think we got to play
25: Crisis :falco: - gg's in pools you took a game off me :o no one else in our pool did that
25: GrapE :random: - I don't think we got to play but good job maining random
25: Kodokan :marth: - Thanks for hosting the tournament, establishing a venue, providing housing, providing a ride to a tournament, and some other important stuff I'm probably missing. You were a large reason why the tournament was even possible, and on top of that it was really fun. Thanks for being a good host. SC2?
25: Yoshara :wolf: - I don't think we got to play
25: IHT :rob: - I don't think we got to play
25: Arcansi :pit: - I don't think we got to play... I hope you found your bag and wallet.

gg's everyone I had a lot of fun. Let's do this again :)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
9: Blue Yoshi: BLUE YOSHI IN THE NINTH SPOT! Of course. Random free for all items all stages was fun. Glad we got to hug in the end.
YEAH! 9TH PLACE! JUST WHAT I WANTED! And yeah, more people need to do random item banned stages special brawl stuff. They are too fun to pass up. Possible side event at a monthly? :p

And I was not going to let you leave without a hug :p

GGs everyone I played, and sorry to those I didn't (after playing too much brawl, I just can't play anymore for some reason lol).

To those who came from out of province, thanks for making the tourney that much better. To those who came from BC, I'll likely see you at the next tournament. To those of you who came from Victoria, you are all scrubs. :)

And Jake, I used GaW and Jigglypuff in doubles. I also used GaW, Diddy, and Falco in serious singles.

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
Trying to think of a gamer tag. I like math, so I wanted to do "eSam" but it was already taken :urg: I searched "Infinity" on Youtube, and there is a (MK) player with that tag as well. :glare:

I guess TOs can put me down as "SAMi" for future tournaments.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
As someone who tuned in to watch the stream later on in the day, you guys really need to step your game up on that.

We sat there for about 20 minutes listening to people talk in the background with absolutely nobody commentating, and this was in like, Loser's Semis, and all the finals sets. We didn't even know who was playing outside of Felix having his tag turned on.

Like, stream QUALITY was great, but cater to your viewers if you actually want people to care.

Real talk.

Asa

Smash Hero
it was difficult commentating because the computer was like right to the left of the tv, next to a wall.

it was also hella crowded so there wasn't really space for someone to sit next to the tv while others were playing :/

it was purely a venue-specific problem, it wouldn't happen at our normal venue

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
it was difficult commentating because the computer was like right to the left of the tv, next to a wall.

it was also hella crowded so there wasn't really space for someone to sit next to the tv while others were playing :/

it was purely a venue-specific problem, it wouldn't happen at our normal venue
Ah, ok, glad to hear that.

I'll be sure to tune in next time if I can. :)

SKidd

Smash Master
Actually, Christmas is on the 69th of December.

and @Raziek,
NO, IT CAN'T BE TRUE!

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Even though the venue was a bit of a let down, in the end I had a ton of fun, and had hype matches.

Shout outs to:

Asa for somehow getting 3rd and being awful
Tinman for not being the best olimar in Canada
Busy for losing to someone who is free
KillL0ck for losing to Asa and then not going MK game 1 vs me
Myself for almost losing 2 stocks vs felix without doing any damage to him.

Asa

Smash Hero
Even though the venue was a bit of a let down, in the end I had a ton of fun, and had hype matches.

Shout outs to:

Drake12

Smash Ace
As someone who tuned in to watch the stream later on in the day, you guys really need to step your game up on that.

We sat there for about 20 minutes listening to people talk in the background with absolutely nobody commentating, and this was in like, Loser's Semis, and all the finals sets. We didn't even know who was playing outside of Felix having his tag turned on.

Like, stream QUALITY was great, but cater to your viewers if you actually want people to care.

Real talk.
Just to give ya an image bro, my room was bigger then the venue, with a second room smaller then your old room in the other place I was at added on. The small room had 2 tvs in it, with windows and none being able to be opened. Major greenhouse effect was baaadd, especially with being on the second floor. Imagine trying to fit 33 people into my bedroom with a bit of extra space :/

You guys made it work though :)

Actually, Christmas is on the 69th of December.

and @Raziek,
NO, IT CAN'T BE TRUE!
Everyone deserves the honour of seeing this, and understanding the reference made by skidd :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5825Wu0WjA&list=FLvxJuVoysb7wH6KKitG6j1A&index=1
A happy day for Nova Scotia.

Tin Man

Smash Hero

Shout outs to:

Busy for losing to someone who is free
KillL0ck for losing to Asa and then not going MK game 1 vs me
Myself for almost losing 2 stocks vs felix without doing any damage to him.
ikr, besides, Asa's Hawaiian.

Shoutouts later today

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Good job Drake and Tinman! disappointed in you firefly meh boy :( Can't win em all tho! Come back to east coast so we can play more D:
I'm disappointed in me too. >.< I'll be back in December, but I may or may not be able to go to a tournament while I'm there. There's always wifi though. =p

nah don't be it prevented mk from getting first place.
Okay guys new rule. venues must be in uncomfortable places.
lol, unless Felix (who by the way, has the most adorable avatar ever) switches to MK on the basis of how much room he has to move around, it made no difference. =p

god dayumn lmao!

summer 2012 or during my reading week im coming =]
Hype! Let me know when you find out when your reading week is. We'll do our best to accommodate you if you want to come, though it's usually harder to get people to travel in the winter months. I'm also not sure if I'll be around in the Summer to host a tournament.

Well'p. I'm obviously still taken as a joke.
That's not true at all. D= Are you getting this from the :random: icon next to your name? I just couldn't remember who you used in tournament, because it seemed like every time I heard of you, you were using a different character. I know you used Sheik in the past, you used Fox in friendlies against me, and I didn't get to see any of your matches. I did hear that you used Zelda on Big D, but that was one set. On top of that, I overheard Bundtcake talking to somebody about how impressed he was that you actually have legitimate "random" characters, so that just added to the uncertainty.

Personally, I find myself more and more impressed with your performance at every mainland tournament you attend. Great job taking 2nd in pools, especially in an event as tough as this one.

:005:

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
I used Zelda in every match, except one round in pools against Big D's Diddy, I used Falco. But, I came dead last despite doing so well in pools, and I choked hard in bracket, so I don't even know if I'm gonna come anymore. Plus I didn't even get to play anyone from BC.

Also, this is the third tournament consecutively where IHT has faced Landon, and then Skidd afterward, first two rounds.

bundtcake

Smash Ace
On top of that, I overheard Bundtcake talking to somebody about how impressed he was that you actually have legitimate "random" characters, so that just added to the uncertainty.
it was drake that i was talking about, he beat me in a best of 5 random mm haha :p

Tom8er

Smash Apprentice
I'm disappointed in me too. >.< I'll be back in December, but I may or may not be able to go to a tournament while I'm there. There's always wifi though. =p
you still placed well for being a yoshi and what not :3

Only bad thing about wifi is I won't have a wii after october till about december :3, and im in NB now so i doubt i'll be going to a NS tourney for while haha.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
25: Arcansi: I definitely should've won in our MM. Like, definitely.
PFFFFFFFFFFF. Maybe next time.

25: Arcansi :pit: - I don't think we got to play... I hope you found your bag and wallet.
Nah, we didn't. Next time, at a venue where I can find you instead of you being in a crowd of people all day. lol.

13: Crisis + Arcansi :metaknight: + :pit:
This team was legit. I will note I probably sucked more then Crisis. You got wifi crisis? We can legit practice. (Although I won't make another pheonix for like 6 months probably, so yeah.)

Pool H
1. KillLock
2. Captain L
3. smash_mash
4. Arcansi

I played like s*** here because of not having bag+wallet and almost crying. No Johns though, I really thought I would beat Captain L.

SHOUTOUTS!

1: Felix :diddy: ($176)

Legit person, 2 stocked me with my own main but told me a bunch of stuff. Great guy, can't wait to play league with him.

3: Asa :olimar: ($48)

Sorry for being geographically challenged. Still man, that tech! Can't wait to play you on wifi.

4: KillLock :snake: :metaknight: ($16)

Beat me convincingly in pools, we didn't play much otherwise. Losing to him wasn't a shame though.

5: Tin Man :olimar: :falco: ($10)

We talked once at the end bro and I missed your MM (QQ) but you seem like a great guy. Next time.

9: Breez :metaknight:

Beat me in pools, took me to Tim Hortons (where I lost my bag, only to get it back hours later!) I still don't know where to CP metaknight lol.

9: Blue Yoshi :gw: :diddy: :falco:

We didn't play at all because of your insane amounts of troll at landons. Still, we talked about ponies so it was legit.

13: Firefly :yoshi2:

That DK mang. You did good running the tournament and junk and you seem super nice. Next time I wanna fight your yoshi though, I think I know that matchup better lol.

13: Captain L :pikachu2:

Thought I could beat you in pools. I couldn't. Thanks to you and Captain Dad for housing us.

17: Big D :wario: :snake: :dedede: :popo: :diddy:

We played a bunch. You seem like a good player, but you should probably drop dem IC cgs less. Great Guy.

17: DTP :peach:

I missed playing with a peach! AWWWW. Next time 100%
17: SKidd :mario2:

Seventeenth. Auuugh. How many times did IHT SD again??

25: Kantrip :diddy:

We had some good fun near the end of the tourney. And he legit planked me and won with it. Can't say im better then him since he couldn't find his controls. Still love that diddy matchup though!

25: GrapE :zelda:

We didn't get to play becuase you wouldn't play me. I think you were scared.

25: IHT :rob:

Travis, you gave skidd a higher placing then me! I hope I get placed against you next time...

"Nothing great has ever been achieved without ignoring those with a closed mind."

Asa

Smash Hero
Shoutouts..

felix - ggs man, thanks for taking me seriously after game 1 of pools ^_^ I'll figure out that matchup and give you a harder time in the future.

alphicans - thought i could take your gw this time, but it's still a little over my head lol. hope you can make your way to apex so you can **** other ppl with it :D

killLock - ggss you were definitely my favorite match i had to play in bracket! I heard you were quitting smash soon, that sucks. i'm glad i got to play you before then :)

junk - if we team again we'll do better XD fun matches (don't go ddd if you don't have to >.>)

tinman - bro hype bro! so glad you could come out to our little community <3 thanks for the matchup advice and stuff, i really appreciated it. Make that national sometime, I'm confirmed for it no matter when it is :)

BigD - Hope you had fun at your first biggish tourney :D those ddd dittos were freaking hype man! Keep coming, you'll get better fast, i'm sure. now that you know a lot more ppl, hella smashfesttts

Blue Yoshi - rofl 9th place. didn't get to hang with you much since i wasn't able to house you this time :(

Firefly - thanks for hosting a great tourney jj <3 Glad I didn't have to play you in bracket, it's always a shame when we have to face off XD You're mk is getting pretty cute

Breez - we STILL haven't played in bracket yet.. derp. Someday, yo

SKidd - yo skidd, you're getting pretty good :) you were being pretty awesome in some of those team friendlies we did. i have faith in mah boi!

CaptainL - man, i'm sorry i ditched you in teams.. we placed the same but i think i would've enjoyed myself much more if i had teamed with my fellow bc bro :s A taste of my own medicine i suppose.. Glad you didn't have to play any olimars in bracket. Blues Brothers will take down This is Why next time <3

Arcansi - yo you're a hell of a lot better offline! you seem like you're gonna get good someday, become a wifi warrior!!

Sinister - BRO, YOU SCARED BRO??

Drake - good **** beating frio :D you'll probably improve hella now that you're with us ;3

Grape/IHT - sorry i didn't get to play you guys at all :(

Crisis- thanks for the ride to the venue dude! your falco has improved quite a bit :D you were playing kinda scared against tinman tho. just go in

frio/dtp/tblock/twins - man, those friendlies were so awesome at bundtcakes! i ****ing love pokemon ffa teams <3

yoshara - nice meeting you dude, pretty cool wolf

sushi3 - hope you had fun at the tournament! you'll probably place well at our monthlies XD

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
So, yeah, I'm quitting coming to tournaments, I had fun guys, maybe I will start going again a long time from now after I move or something. But, for now, I will refrain, because I just make my character look bad, the island look bad, and myself look bad. I got screwed by pools, and people are going to assume I'm just a terrible Zelda player.

Top Bottom