• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 6 Results - Maple Ridge, BC

KillLock

Smash Lord
Hamilton and I all agree.

Alberta is free is ****. Come at us any day.
Let me translate that:

"I'm bad, I have nothing more to do on my time than act like my community is the center of the world and isn't just another trash region in Canada that is overshadowed by the U.S.

Also I love c*cks"

That seems about right.

∫unk

Smash Master
So, yeah, I'm quitting coming to tournaments, I had fun guys, maybe I will start going again a long time from now after I move or something. But, for now, I will refrain, because I just make my character look bad, the island look bad, and myself look bad. I got screwed by pools, and people are going to assume I'm just a terrible Zelda player.
The only thing that makes you look bad is this post - nothing to do with your play :/

The Arsenal

Smash Cadet
Let me translate that:

"I'm bad, I have nothing more to do on my time than act like my community is the center of the world and isn't just another trash region in Canada that is overshadowed by the U.S.

Also I love c*cks"

That seems about right.
omg jack that sooooo funny. LOL

that top tier sensor dodging

Asa

Smash Hero
@ sushi : post in the bc brawl monthlies thread.

also i'm the only one who really loves the number 69 ;3

Patches

Smash Master
Baha. Nah. I'm the first to admit, from what I watched on the live stream, I wasn't too impressed. But after seeing the results, I'm impressed. A little disappointed in tinman's placing though.

Good stuff WC. Good stuff.

:phone:

| Big D |

Smash Master
1: Felix :diddy: ($176) Good job dude, I've never seen a player like you at all in real life. I hope you're attending apex.

2: Alphicans :gw: :falco: ($80)I don't think we got to play :(

3: Asa :olimar: ($48) I had a lot of fun and you taught me a lot. I know you wish you were my height (6 "9), but oh well. I never got to face tournament Asa which apparently is miles ahead of regular Asa as it seems. I hope you come back from Hawaii soon so we can play again. P.S. OMG ANDY'S TV SCREWED UP MY IC CGS!!!!! WITH THAT LAG, OMG.

4: KillLock :snake: :metaknight: ($16) NOt sure if we played. I'm sure you're legit.

5: Tin Man :olimar: :falco: ($10) Really chill dude, I'm sure you will never drink milk the same way again.

5: Junk :dedede: :metaknight: :marth: ($10)GGs dude. I wish we got to ditto but I understand. You have to teach me some DDD stuff though cuz I love the character. Shame I never got to see it.

7: Fiji :metaknight: :snake: ***** me in pools, good job dude, your MK reminds me why he should be banned (loljk but not really though)

7: Bundtcake :rob: Never got to play you sadly :( I don't live that far, maybe I'll see you around.

9: Kuraudo :sonic: One of the nicest guys I've ever met. You changed my perspective of lolsonic to FUUUU Sonic. I hope to play you again.

9: Breez :metaknight: I never got to play you sadly :( I'm sure I'll see you around, I totally would have mmd you but there was no time :(

9: Arsenal :metaknight: NOt sure we played but good job.

9: Blue Yoshi :gw: :diddy: :falco: Thanks for teaming with me dude. Double DDD is legit. Real nice guy and I hope to see you more often. That 9 in dubs was too good. Who could forget our Yoshi grab release to Falcon Punch XD.

13: Firefly :yoshi2: Thanks for running the tourney, you were definitely not irritable so don't worry. Hope to have more smashfests with you.

13: Drake :rob: It was fun playing you. I hope to see you around more at monthlys and stuff.
13: Captain L :pikachu2:Only got to play you in dubs and a friendly :( You are the only reason I'm keeping Ics, otherwise I'm not using them anymore, (except maybe Asa)

13: Busy :wario: :popo: DDD dittos were to legit. Really creative Wario, definitely stealing some of your shenanigans.

17: smash_mash :metaknight: We only played a bit, but now I think you know the maning of hope.

17: Big D :wario: :snake: :dedede: :popo: :diddy: If I were you, I'd definitely drop Ics and Diddy. Your DDD set was awesome.

17: T-Block :diddy: :pt: Never got to play you sadly, but I'm sure I'll see you around.

17: brningpyre :wario:Didn't get to play either.

17: Blunted_Object :marth: I think we played? I know you had really good spacing. Fun matches bro.

17: DTP :peach: Never got to play :( but peach is legit.

17: SKidd :mario2: It was fun seeing you again. You're a very feisty young fellow.

17: Sushi :diddy: I had fun at the smashfest, sucks you played Felix second round. DDD is invincible ;)

25: Kantrip :diddy: Didn't get to play you, but I saw you practicing SNL set ups, did you get to use those?

25: Frio :pikachu2: :troll:

25: Crisis :falco: Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for the ride. I hope to see you more. Keep up the school work it comes first.

25: GrapE :zelda: Plz don't quit. You're the only one at the tourney who has beaten my DDD in a set. Plz don't go, you're so good. PLZZZZZZZZZZZ

25: Kodokan :marth: I don't know if we played.

25: Yoshara :wolf: Oh wolf, I thought Wolf was free before playing you. Keep it up.

25: IHT :rob: Had a fun time with you. I hope your experience went well.

25: Arcansi :pit: I think you surprised a lot of people including myself. I hope the experience went well for you. You and I are a lot alike. Both young and have no tourney experience. I don't play wifi though. I'm sure we'll both rise as our knowledge of the game is pretty vast. I hope your tourney experience helped shape your views a bit on how tournaments work, although, I may have influenced you more with DDD :troll:

KillLock

Smash Lord
To my biggest fan, Briana: thanks for serving us delicious cookies and just being supportive at the tournament, you're awesome as usual haha.

1: Felix ($176): Good diddy, I'll get to you in bracket next time and it's gonna be so hype yo :) next time at WA?? good job winning.

2: Alphicans ($80): That AB-Timeout status, good stuff, thought you could of worked felix a little harder though, step that **** up son!! good job at beating me.

3: Asa ($48): oh man this was a good set, but you got me in the end, maybe next time ill stick with mk or all marth ohbby. i got u next time!!

5: Tin Man ($10): that bro-tier teammate. good **** in dubs as you already know, and close set in singles was mad hype. if I ever come down to EC we should team up again if you're game. also good oli as expected dawg

5: Junk ($10): chill dude, too bad we only got to play like half a match :( next time we'll finish our match haha, but most definitely get more games in

7: Fiji: sorry I couldn't make u money in mms :(

7: Bundtcake: oh man i thought 100% you were gonna **** alfishans this tournaments, he's lucky he just missed you in the bracket imo

9: Kuraudo: you were doing well with sonic man, reppin hard

9: Breez: ben thanks a ton for hosting, you did a fantastic job. also just being a chill homie and everything too you're awesome dude, next time we play though i expect that dsmash habit to be gone and that **** face to be on :)

9: Arsenal: my home boy right here, you're gonna go beast mode one of these days and beat me and luke in bracket, you're just in normal saiyan mode right now but once you hit ssj ****s gonna get real

13: Firefly: you're awesome jake, and you got the bro-hug from me already, was a little disappointed to not play you in bracket though :( our sets are always maaaaaad hype :)

13: Drake: Yo man, as I said at tourney, really impressed with you. You have a lot of potential just keep at it and you'll be right up there eventually, ggs.

13: Captain L: THAT GOD TIER SDI *** LOOOL goooood shiiiiit

13: Busy: ***** my **** in winners semi's, dubs. hella chill homie keep doing what you're doing.

17: smash_mash: ggs with the few friendlies we had, you got potential yo :), we'll play again for sure next time I come to BC.

17: T-Block: sorry mike for getting knocked out of the winners bracket early haha, you seemed hellla tired all day and so unfocused :( nice stuff in dubs you and darren just missed the money tho unfortunately

17: brningpyre: keith you're the best yo, but you already knew that :)

17: Blunted_Object: Eric that marth is starting to style man. can't wait to see how it'll improve the next time we play. always a pleasure to play you as usual big guy, one day you're gonna be a beast at brawl.

17: DTP: Darrrrrennn, nice stuff in dubs with mike, you guys just missed the money sadface.

17: SKidd: mario dittos son! GGs, you seemed pretty quiet this time around, i'm surprised you weren't asking everyone awkward question like usual LOLL

17: Sushi: liking that diddy dude, keep it up you're gonna beast it up soon

25: Frio: thanks for giving me advice vs tinman bro status right there mark, sadface at how you placed in singles though i know if you trained up for this more you would of put in the work though.

25: GrapE: did we even play a match?? LOL

25: Kodokan: boss mode with hosting at the venue, you're such a cool guy dude. but we never ever seem to get to play all that much LMAO, keep at it with that marth.

25: Yoshara: nice chatting with you stephan you always seem to have something to keep our conversations going, also you destroyed me(mostly brandon) in that music genre first to 5 LOOOOL good ****.

Yoshara

Smash Lord
3: Asa - It was nice meeting you, and I had fun with our MM (even though I got my *** kicked).

4: KillLock - Good **** on beating Tin Man in that hype match, and on winning doubles.

5: Tin Man - It was good meeting you and finding out that you are a really awesome guy. I hope that you come to more WC tournaments some time.

9: Kuraudo - As always, you do a great job of repping Sonic. Keep it up. P.S. Cochrain.

9: Breez - Thanks so much for housing so many people, and it's good to hear that you are more interested in Brawl now.

13: Firefly - Thank you for hosting this and trying so hard to make sure everything ran as well as possible. Also hopefully next time I play you it will be more true to how the match up should play.

13: Drake - Nice meeting you and playing against you in friendlies early on.

17: Blunted_Object & smash_mash - I won't lie, I don't remember much of our match in doubles due to the heat, but it was nice meeting you guys.

17: Big D - Like above, I can't actually remember playing you, mainly due to the heat.

17: brningpyre - Fun teaming with you in doubles. Also, you outplaced me... :(

17: DTP - I still find it funny how we played all those friendlies and then played each other in our second match, but that set was a lot fun, and I feel like I have learned a ton about the Peach match up.

17: Sushi - I know that due to the heat I couldn't play our pool match that well, but with how good you were, I doubt I would've won even if I was playing well.

25: Frio - I placed the same as you. Take that as you will.

And to everyone in the Carpool (Keith, Brandon, and Jack): I had a fantastic time on both the way there and back thanks to being able to joke and talk with you guys, and to me, the trip alone was worth the price of admission. Also we gotta do that AB Smash squad in BF3 when that is released.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
Pool A
1. Felix - You're the man, and you seem like a pretty chill guy to boot. Awesome Diddy, and congrats on winning the tourney.
2. Asa - Best Olimar in Canada ;D, a chill guy, and an excellent chef to boot. You da man. I loved your cookies, and all your sets were hype.
3. Kuraudo - Good ****, Brandon, you really stepped up your game these last few weeks. Keep on rising.
4. Pyre - You're a sexy, sexy man.

Pool B
1. Fiji - You're getting better and better, man. I look forward to stepping it up against you at the next tourney.
2. GrapE - I had a lot of fun playing you. You're a chill guy, and your Zelda was awesome!
3. Busy - You are awesome. That's all that needs to be said.
4. Big D - Which one of the tall guys were you?

Pool C
1. Junk - You're the man, man. I loved watching all of your sets.
2. Blue Yoshi - Which one of the tall guys were you?
3. DTP - Yo Darren, repping that peach. You did well, man. Can't wait to play you again at Smashfests/tourneys.
4. Crisis

Pool D
1. Tin Man - YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
2. Frio - I was so surprised to see you there, wtf?
3. Kodokan - This tourney wouldn't have happened without you. Thank you so much for pulling together the venue. Also, Marth is awesome.
4. SKidd - I love you. I was so disappointed you didn't ask me any awkward questions, though. Mario is awesome, too.

Pool E
1. Breez - You the MAN! I had a great time staying with you and Bri, and an even better time playing with/against your MK. I can't wait to see you guys again!
2. T-Block - You looked hella tired, Mike, but I hope you still had a blast.
3. Drake - OMG ROB. Knocked me out of the tourney, but I had a blast playing you. NEXT TIME.
4. Kantrip

Pool F
1. Alphicans - LUUUUUUUUUUUKE. You beat Jack! Awesome. We'll play again soon.
2. Sushi
3. Firefly - Good job hosting the tournament, and organizing it splendidly, despite the venue.
4. Yoshara - So good at Keith's iPod that we missed a turn-off and took the scenic route back to Edmonton. You da man, I can't wait until the next Smashfest/tourney to play again. We WILL have the MM.

Pool G
1. Bundtcake - So good, and with random characters to boot. I had fun against Kirby/Fox, even if you completely destroyed me. I have NO IDEA how to play against Kirby.
2. Arsenal - Yo, you rock. Get Alvin to play MK dittoes with you more. He's probably just scared you'll start beating him.
3. IHT
4. Blunted_Object - Dat Marth. Dat Melee spacing.

Pool H
1. KillLock - YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I'm gonna set up our Wii for Wifi, and start playing that as much as I can. Gotta learn from the best!
2. Captain L - We didn't get to do our MM, which sucks. But I had a blast watching you and Brandon team, so that'c aight.
3. smash_mash - Had a blast playing against your MK, dude. That matchup is so much fun.
4. Arcansi - You seemed like a pretty cool guy. I didn't get to play you, though.

Crisis

Smash Ace
Full shout outs ^__^

Felix- gj winning. Your diddy looks amazing. Too bad we didn’t get to play.
Alphicans didn’t get to play you this time. Gj on second though
Asa- woot 3rd! nice work in the mm and bracket. Your olimar looks a lot scarier than last time.
Killock- didn’t get to play, but gj on your team win
Tinman- You destroyed me in our match! :D thanks for the tips and controller
Junk- three stocked by a DDD @__@. Haha I really need to learn my match-ups. gj on your placing with D3
Fiji- you destroyed us in teams. Legit mk bro :p
Bundtcake- haha thanks for the smashfests, they really helped
Kuraudo- didn’t get to play you. But your sonic looks so scary! Gj placing with sonic
Breez- I had fun with our mm. your mk is pretty legit as usual. I think I can eventually do well too haha, thanks
Aresenal- good job in teams! Your team wrecked us!
Blue Yoshi- I thought I had you both games ;_;. Gj getting 9th
Firefly- gj running it on time like usual! I think you ran it pretty well with 32 + people in a room
Drake- Fun mm! I think I could’ve given you better games though. We should play again next time!
Captain L- Didn’t play you this time. I want to try my falco against your Pikachu again xD
Busy- Didn’t get to play =(
Smash_mash- we didn’t play but Thanks for the smashfest last time. Really gave me some practice
Big D – You’ll do really well at our tournaments really soon. We should really play more!
T-Block- Our set was pretty intense imo :). I’m just happy cause I got my first bdacus kill in tournament lol. Your squirtle is so scary.
Burningpyre- didn’t get to play you =(
Blunted_Object- teach me melee????? =P
DTP- I have no idea how to deal with peach xD. gj repping her
SKidd- Your Mario is great in teams when you don’t get gimped. I think double Mario is a legit team now.
Sushi- Scary looking diddy. Too bad we didn’t get a match in/
Kantrip- fun diddy ffa’s at the start! And that team match
Frio- didn’t get to play, but Pikachu > falco xD
Crisis- start improving lol!
Grape- gj repping Zelda! Scared to play her
Kodokan- ty for the venue!
Yoshara- didn’t get to play, but gj repping wolf
Arcansi- sorry I couldn’t hold it down in teams. I don’t have wifi right now, but keep practicing man!
Courier- Thanks for the sushi. too bad you had work that day.

SKidd

Smash Master
SKidd- Your Mario is great in teams when you don’t get gimped. I think double Mario is a legit team now.
Haha, thanks. Double Mario team someday =D

4. SKidd - I love you. I was so disappointed you didn't ask me any awkward questions, though. Mario is awesome, too.
Love you too <3

Hey man, I only have a limited supply of awkward questions. I must use them VERY CAREFULLY.

Edit: I really should get a new sig.

MeSSi

Smash Ace
SPECIAL TWINS EDITION SHOUTOUTS: Fiji + Arsenal

1: Felix ($176): gj on getting first. u ***** my mk game one. it was nice talking to you throughout the tourney. too good. come to AB!

2: Alphicans ($80): gj on beating jack, keeping that rivalry going. gj on 2nd, i knew that u or jack wouldve outplaced tinman, and it ended up that both of u did. reppin AB, good shee. lol at the WOLF, too scary. oh and gj on beating tinman in a MM.

3: Asa ($48): fun friendlies at bundts. and gj on beasting through the bracket. mad props for beating jack. GL at apex.

4: KillLock: mah dude. shouldve used mk against asa but o well. as usual gj on reppin AB. and lol at how ppl wont money match you after knowing who u are. that elite status. they be so scared.

5: Tin Man ($10): thanks for coming out to WC. now that youve seen what WC can do u can educate EC about us. at the end of the day, we really dont care wat EC thinks of us, we know that EC is good and we know that WC is also good, y cant everyone agree to that?. gj on winning doubles and beating us in losers finals. legit and hella chill dude. i like yur afro pick lol.

5: Junk ($10): fun friendlies. our doubles set was fun. and yea double mk IS annoying to deal with. gj on placing fifth. u guys should come up to AB some time.

7: Fiji: u must show arsenal how to do mk dittos.

7: Bundtcake: thanks so much for housing us. it was really fun play all those random FFAs with items. really cool dude. whenever u come to AB u will always have a place to stay with us. too bad we couldnt play any serious friendlies, next time.

9: Kuraudo: u are getting much better at the mk MU, but i somehow find a way to win. i might have to use another character next time. gj on reppin with sonic. keep it up. not surprised that u placed in the top 10.

9: Breez: thanks for hosting the other Albertans. i am sorry for what i said about u after u beat my brother. i was mad at kelvin and i let it slip. a much deserved win against kelvin. u are a nice guy an yur Gf is nice too.if u guys ever come to AB u have a place to stay with us as well.

9: Arsenal: got knocked out of genesis and this tourney cuz of mk dittos. i wonder what u should work on?

9: Blue Yoshi: oh god i knew i was forgetting someone so i edited this in. nice set. i never realized that u played a good diddy, i just knew that u played GW. and b/c of that i underestimated yur diddy and u almost won game one, luckily i benefitted from some mk SL bull**** lol. dont worry about game 2, i am used to alph's GW so i kinda know that MU. but congrats on getting 9th ( i heard thats wat u wanted lol)

13: Firefly: fun friendlies at bundts. thanks for hosting the tourney. it wasnt yur best day but u had some really good matches with kuraudo. yur mk is getting really good. come to AB again

13: Drake: i didnt get to play you but i heard some really good things. gj on beating frio, despite his placing, that is no easy feat.

13: Captain L: omg yur set vs arsenal was really close, just like last time. yur SDI was AMAZING. i have never seen somebody SDI ftilt so consistently. gj on taking a game off KillLock in pools.

13: Busy: you are a good player. at genesis, i saw wat u can do, it just wasnt yur day. gj on 2nd in doubles. nice set in pools and good set against arsenal in bracket. i guess i am not that FREE right?

17: smash_mash: i ddint play you. i hope u had fun. i saw u play a bit, a solid, aggressive mk.

17: Big D: nice pools set. i guess thats the first time that u got walled by an mk. i know that feeling, TRUST me on that. my snake gets ***** by KillLock and Alphicans all the time. eventually u will find ways of avoiding SL. i see u taking names in BC in the near future.

17: T-Block: wtffff. u definitely werent at the top of yur game. u looked really tired. it was fun travelling around BC with u. and thanks for driving us to the airport. see u next tourney. i hope u dont retire just yet. lol at the guy who farted on you. <3 u bro.

17: brningpyre: u are the best. u drove a carpool to BC and u are uploading all the videos, nuff said. wario dittos for our next tourney set.

17: Blunted_Object: fun tourney set. good thing this tourney wasnt melee otherwise everyone wouldve gotten ***** hard. but i know that if u keep playing brawl, u will wreck everyone soon enough.

17: DTP: fun travelling BC with u bro. yur peach is too good. hope to see u at the next AB tourney. lol at the guy spread eagle on the bus. <3.

17: SKidd: so funny. i now get y everyone in BC loves u. legit mario.

17: Sushi: good diddy. maybe work on the snake MU? if u do then i know u will be 2 stocking them instead of getting 2 stocked. i hope u had fun.

25: Frio: dont worry about yur placing. everyone knows that yur really good. our dubz set was hype. that was like the first time we beat u guys in a long while. and mad props for coming on the plane with us and trolling all of AB. thanks for supporting me in the matches u watched, yur advice especially helped when i played felix. <3.

25: GrapE: legit zelda. dont worry about pools cuz i know the MU pretty well especially since arsenal used to main zelda. i heard that u were quitting? i hope that s not the case, u are really good and i can see u taking names in BC.

25: Kodokan: thanks for finding the venue on short notice. it was really cool of u to lend out yur office space. u should come out to AB sometime.

25: Yoshara: i hope u had fun for yur first OoP experience. it was too bad that u had to play AB in the bracket. next time, i know that u will show everyone wat a good wolf can do.

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
Can you guys upload some of my matches to Youtube? (even friendlies) Thanks.

Also, is there a thread for discussing controller setups?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
1: Felix :diddy: ($176) - After winner's semis I didn't think I had a chance vs you if I were to make it into GFs, but I guess my falco is better than I thought. You were the person I was most hyped to play, and I feel our set was, while a shut out, very exciting to watch. Thanks for the comment on my DI, but your reads > my DI :/. GGs.

2: Alphicans :gw: :falco: ($80) - Pretty much the best GaW ever.

3: Asa :olimar: ($48) - Sorry for trashing talking you all the time, but it's funny how you don't care, plus I get in your head =D. Despite what I say, I think you're really good now. Like last BC tournament I came to, you were not good at all (no offense), but now look at you! Such improvement. You are the type of player every newcomer should look up to, because it's possible to become a top contender in under a year. Very good ****.

4: KillLock :snake: :metaknight: ($16) - As much as I am happy to see you beat tinman, I gotta say I was half hoping tinman wold beat you. I felt more confident vs him than you by a long shot, but I guess since you did so well with snake you thought he was your best bet. Guess you forgot I am the snake slayer ;). I wouldn't say 100% you would've beaten me if you went MK game 1, but your chances were WAYYYY higher. W.e, you'll get your chance here in AB.

5: Tin Man :olimar: :falco: ($10) - Unfortunate that we didn't play more, but at least we got that MM. TBH, I don't know if asa is better than you. Maybe I am just in his head, but he seemed way easier to beat than you did, although he does really good vs my falco, while you did better vs my gaw. You're a good player, but I hope that losing to us WC players, you and your whole region develop a real respect for the rest of Canada. If you host a big tournament in Ontario I'll definitely come, and maybe we'll vs in bracket.

5: Junk :dedede: :metaknight: :marth: ($10) - Honestly, I am surprised I beat you as badly as I did. I was a little scared going into the match, mainly because I lost to zekey in genesis. Even in our friendly match you did good vs me. I guess I was just confident that's all. Learn the match-up better, and you'll put up a way better fight, trust me.

7: Fiji :metaknight: :snake: - Sorry for not telling you to go snake vs felix earlier. Maybe you could've been a hero. My bad.

7: Bundtcake :rob: - SO glad Junk beat you lol. Legit I was scared. Thank you so much for housing me again, and the other guys from AB.

9: Kuraudo :sonic: - Pretty good job Brandon, although I am kind of forgetting who you beat... I'll look after.

9: Breez :metaknight: - You look a lot different than you are. Now that you're a bit more interested in the game, maybe you can work on that GaW m/u? :)

9: Arsenal :metaknight: - Good job beating CaptainL. Oh and **** you and Alvin for beating Mark and I. Lol...

9: Blue Yoshi :gw: :diddy: :falco: - Got 9th. Cool.

13: Firefly :yoshi2: - Lol at our pools match. Thanks for hosting this tournament, and at least finding a viable (almost not) venue last minute. I still had a ton of fun, so don't worry about it.

13: Drake :rob: - Good job beating frio.

13: Captain L :pikachu2: - GGs. Close set vs Arsenal, maybe you'll get him next time.

13: Busy :wario: :popo: - Thanks for telling me about the PS1 trick with ICs, because that will surely help me with my ICs game. It makes PS1 a great stage for the climbers.

17: Big D :wario: :snake: :dedede: :popo: :diddy: - Lol trips. Goodjob beating Frio I guess...

17: T-Block :diddy: :pt: - Aww man, stupid bracket for you. You vs asa would've made for a great set :/. And getting yoshi first round is ridiculous :/. Whatever I guess.

17: brningpyre :wario: - Good **** with the livestream and recording. Keith keeping ALL of Canada ontop of things.

17: DTP :peach: - I thought you could've done a lot better. It seems you always come so close to doing well, but always miss it by a hair. Damn :/.

17: SKidd :mario2: - GGs. You weren't as creepy this time, which was slightly disappointing.

17: Sushi :diddy: - You're a good diddy for the little m/u knowledge you have. It was so funny how you said I am trash at the diddy m/u, then I beat you in pools. Don't judge things so readily, especially off of doubles matches >_>.

25: Frio :pikachu2: - Well. Damn. That sucks.

25: Arcansi :pit: - You were exactly how I imagined.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
**** sakes. I spent the last 40 mins typing out **** and I lost it all
**** this

EDIT: ****

EDIT again: pretend I did shoutouts....

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Thanks Skidd, Crisis, and Arcansi for taking the time to play with me on Saturday. :)

That's pretty much it from me.

Drake12

Smash Ace
@ sushi : post in the bc brawl monthlies thread.

also i'm the only one who really loves the number 69 ;3
Ya speaking from experience and thats why you love dat number? Awkward moment...?

13: Drake :rob: It was fun playing you. I hope to see you around more at monthlys and stuff.
I'm glad you enjoyed it :) I'll see what I can do, if I'm able to go to the events and such. The second I know the date I'll let ya guys know.

13: Drake: Yo man, as I said at tourney, really impressed with you. You have a lot of potential just keep at it and you'll be right up there eventually, ggs.
I got no snake MU, I know it's a ****ty excuse, but hey it is what it is. In all honesty your a really chill guy and deserved the wins. You got some sick skills going on that give me no shame in losing to you.

Pool A

3. Drake - OMG ROB. Knocked me out of the tourney, but I had a blast playing you. NEXT TIME.
What can I say? Rob to gewd!

Full shout outs ^__^

Drake- Fun mm! I think I could’ve given you better games though. We should play again next time!
Play or MM? I did enjoy the falco, and needed the practice. I'd definitally be up for more matches :)

13: Drake: i didnt get to play you but i heard some really good things. gj on beating frio, despite his placing, that is no easy feat.
It wasn't easy, he's definitally got some good skills. Good at keeping me out and such. I wasn't sure if he was a hot shot top player or not, but he definitally is good :)

13: Drake :rob: - Good job beating frio.
Good job being a brawl monster. Still wish I had a chance to play ya though :(

All in all it's been good getting to know you guys. I've said it a few times, but the skill level if really high in the Province. I got some major major practice in MU's that I've never had to face like olimar, falco, snake and a few others. I learnt from my mistakes, so I feel fine with my loses.
You'll be sure to see me around again soon enough.
You out of towners better be back before April!
Don't worry guys, I'll place higher next time. Better not start thinking that NS is a pushover xD

Drake12

Smash Ace
1: Felix ($176) I should've payed more attention to your playing. From what I've seen in your matches and on youtube you got some sick sick skills. Must be good to team with DEHF, the best falco in the world if I'm not mistaken? Big respect over here. I regret not doing the random random MM that was mentioned.

2: Alphicans ($80) I know your really good, and it's good to see GW mains. I'm proud of 5 stocking ya with a partner I never met before the day in dubz. You deserve to be up where you are though. Were you sandbagging?

3: Asa ($48) Olimar is friggin dumb! I'm glad I could give you the 5$ for the MM, because I honestly believe that I would've done worse in the tournament without that experience. You're really good at the game. (Good cookies)

4: KillLock ($16) Frig man! You knew my moves before I did. Your a really cool guy, and really showed my why snake is such a good character. I enjoyed the matches and the practice. You deserved the win over me for sure.

5: Tin Man ($10) I've heard so much about you, seen so many posts from ya and such. It's good to finally be able to put a face to the name. Never thought you were black before having ya on fb :p
Post that hot tin man girl again :D

5: Junk ($10) I learned from my mistake. Good matches bro, they were close. DDD/ROB is a toughie at -3. Never had a big problem with it until playing you.

7: Bundtcake I find it interesting that we both have different opinions while playing the same character. Your a cool guy and such. Wanna do another bo5 random/random MM again? :D It was fun to say the least.

9: Kuraudo I'm too slow! :( Never played a good sonic, but I enjoyed the MM. You deserved the win bro. Again, I got some great practice in the MU from playing you. I enjoyed it for sure...even though sonic is pretty gay to fight :p

9: Breez MK! :/ I may hate the character, but your a great guy bro. You'll be seeing me around for sure. I'd definitally call you a friend. Fun random/random MM :)

9: Blue Yoshi It was good talking to ya. Too bad I never got to play you. All in good time I guess. Your a swell fellow :p

13: Firefly I'm sure the venue probably caused some stress to ya, but for what it's worth I got no hate on it. Your a really cool guy and I'd love to hangout sometime if possible. Keep it cool and don't let the stress get to ya. I tried helping where possible:p

13: Drake Man, your sooooo amazing! What can I say, your too good. You went to easy on everyone this time. Sure, you don't wanna blow away the competition because your too good, but you can't go too easy on everyone next time. Btw, your so smexy! :D

13: Captain L Very different then Lamb...Idk how to compare the two. Defintally close, although he SD's much more then you. Good MM bro :)

17: T-Block Probably my funnest MM. I enjoy playing against PT and seeing people play all those obscure characters. I hope to play you again because your a really cool guy.

17: brningpyre A different wario then what I'm used to for sure. Just make sure to keep the pressure on Robs IMO. You got the skills for sure.

17: Sushi A very skilled diddy for sure, although I never played you in tournament.

25: Kantrip I played your Diddy did I not? I played a few diddy's there too. Not used to them, but you got your skills all set. Good matches bro :)

25: Frio Sorry to hear that you might be quitting. The more you play the better you'll naturally get. Your skilled for sure and I don't believe that your tournament result is a fair image of your skill.

25: Crisis Lol MM. NS stagelist FTW! Wanna do another? xD I defintially would wanna play you again.

25: Yoshara The best wolf I've played. Everyone around here seems soo good. Your no different. If your passionate enough to keep at it you'll definitally improve.

25: Arcansi You definitally caught me offguard. I honestly thought you'd be a pushover. Your good enough that I'm not even sure what I should say for advice to improve. Maybe be less predictable with your moves...? Your good for sure. Try and find a way back out here.

∫unk

Smash Master
@ everyone - I've gotta say, you guys are all really nice lol.

5: Junk :dedede: :metaknight: :marth: ($10)GGs dude. I wish we got to ditto but I understand. You have to teach me some DDD stuff though cuz I love the character. Shame I never got to see it.
Okay. You should have seen my game vs breez lol

Maybe just send me vids of you playing whenever you get them and I can try to help you. I don't know a lot of matchups though.

5: Junk ($10): chill dude, too bad we only got to play like half a match :( next time we'll finish our match haha, but most definitely get more games in
Come down ^^

1. Junk - You're the man, man. I loved watching all of your sets.
This is what I mean! Thanks man that's super nice haha. I wish I was more prepared but I had fun playing. I got 3-stocked, I 3-stocked, it was all good.

Junk- three stocked by a DDD @__@. Haha I really need to learn my match-ups. gj on your placing with D3
Yeah man just keep training. Just remember spotdodge is amazing lol

5: Junk ($10): fun friendlies. our doubles set was fun. and yea double mk IS annoying to deal with. gj on placing fifth. u guys should come up to AB some time.
Okay yeah. That doubles set wasn't fun for me I was just attacking and getting punished and feeling so dumb lol.

5: Junk :dedede: :metaknight: :marth: ($10) - Honestly, I am surprised I beat you as badly as I did. I was a little scared going into the match, mainly because I lost to zekey in genesis. Even in our friendly match you did good vs me. I guess I was just confident that's all. Learn the match-up better, and you'll put up a way better fight, trust me
Yeah I'll come back stronger to face you :) good job on second.

5: Junk ($10) I learned from my mistake. Good matches bro, they were close. DDD/ROB is a toughie at -3. Never had a big problem with it until playing you.
It's -3? Dang I barely won haha. I think the big thing was I got easy KOs with d-throw d-tilt.

Well I don't know what it was but until the end of game 1 I wasn't playing well so thank you for triggering something that made me step it up.

I'm also banning Frigate vs ROB because of you ^^ freakin' right side

Firefly the Seer

-

Time to train my Marth and MK

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
17: Sushi :diddy: - You're a good diddy for the little m/u knowledge you have. It was so funny how you said I am trash at the diddy m/u, then I beat you in pools. Don't judge things so readily, especially off of doubles matches >_>.
I'm sorry that I offended you, but I don't recall saying you were trash. I said to Drake that you/Frio were bad against Diddy after that match on FD and unfortunately you heard. I wasn't mad that you beat me in pools either. I 've never been platform camped before, and didn't know how to deal with it. I'm trash at every MU except perhaps Olimar lol. Hopefully, playing Falco in our friendlies made you do at least a little bit better against Felix. I need to keep the cg in the back of my mind at low percents.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
k, I'll type out my shoutouts again -__-
I'd feel bad if I didn't do them.

1: Felix ($176) Good stuff getting 1st at this. Your diddy was scary to watch. You're too good.
2: Alphicans ($80) 2nd! Good **** Luke. I like how you actually went G&W and didn't resort to MK. Stick with your main!
3: Asa ($48) Awesome job buddy. I think you surprised everyone a little at this. Dat Olimar.
4: KillLock ($16) Jaaaaccckkkk! 1st in dubs, 4th in singles. I think that's a success lol
I wanted you to win it all though. Needs moar Marth.

5: Tin Man ($10) Tinny? Tinaye? You're such a legit dude. It was cool of ya to come all this way and chill with us in WC for a tourney. That Olimar is scary man. You live, like, forever.
5: Junk ($10) Fun games in our friendlies and in pools. You're a really chill guy. Hope ya had fun here.
7: Fiji Alvin! Good job in dubs! 7th isn't too shabby either haha good stuff
7: Bundtcake I had a ton of fun in our friendlies and in our doubles matches. I kinda wish I did some seriouslies againt your ROB though.
9: Kuraudo Nice placing Brandon. Your Sonic is becoming a little intimidating haha
Just a little.

9: Breez We never ended up playing, but you seem like a really cool guy from what I saw. Plus you housed the other half of Alberta. Instant awesome points.
9: Arsenal Fun friendlies and tourney matches. I wish I could take a game off of you! I get so close.......
9: Blue Yoshi Good pools matches. How'd you know that charged smashes was a weakness of mine??? lol
13: Firefly Yoshi! The best one I know of. Don't worry about your placing. You had the obvious disadvantage of running a stressful tourney. That's never a good thing to have on your mind when doing tourney matches. Can't wait to see you again bud.
13: Drake From what I heard your ROB was was doing pretty good. I kinda wish we played.
13: Captain L Such a legit Pika. Everytime I saw you playing matches I was impressed. Keep it up. We defs have to play again too. $10 MM rematch!
13: Busy I.....think we played some dubs friendlies at the beginning of the tourney with you, Junk, and felix. I thought you were all just some BC guys lol
17: smash_mash I kinda wish we chilled more, you seem like a pretty vool guy. Fun doubles matches btw
17: Big D You're....so tall :o
I was scared. Next time we'll play eachother for sure.

17: T-Block Bracket raaaaapped D:
Don't worry about singles bud, I'm not. Doubles is way better anyways lol
I had so much fun teaming with ya, (5th isn't bad at all :p) and doing all of our friendlies back at Bundtcakes haha

17: brningpyre Keith! Your Wario keeps getting better. It's nice to see.
And driving down to BC, again!, is hella legit. You have the Alberta scene on your shoulders haha

17: Blunted_Object At first I couldn't remember who you were, but then it clicked as I was writing this lol
We didn't really talk, but fun doubles games

17: DTP .__.
17: SKidd Sexy Mario! I'm glad we MM'd. You seemed so timid though haha
17: Sushi Awesome diddy. I saw you doing work in your pools matches and in some friendlies/MM's. You're hella awkward though, not gonna lie.
25: Kantrip You're 1 out of 2 people that I never met at this tourney I think :o
25: Frio Don't worry about the placing at this lmao
I saw you beating Luke that morning at bundtcakes, we all know you're legit

25: Crisis Fun pools matches. I'm surprised I beat you. I thought I was gonna lose :o
25: GrapE I played you in doubles, but did you use Zelda?? Either way, gg's.
25: Kodokan You're the guy who supplied al of us with a last minute venue, right? Thank you so much for that. Yeah sure, it may have been super cramped, and hot, and I almost died, but it was still a fun tourney. Fun doubles matches as well.
25: Yoshara Your wolf is really improving, which is awesome. Fun friendlies and tourney matches.
25: IHT gg's in dubs :)
25: Arcansi You're the 2nd person that I made no contact with at this :o

Special Shoutouts!~

T-Block - Don't quit! You're so fun to play against, and you're my dubs partner D:
Thanks for basically leading the way on this trip. Legit.
Fiji
Arsenal - Pretty much the coolest twins I know, by far. And yes I do know a few sets of twins lol
If you're ever gonna brawl you should let me know!

Frio - Hilarious. You had us all laughing like the entire time haha
Thanks for trolling us all and flying to BC secretly.
Alphicans (When we were in the city) - haha sorry for letting you down with my 17th place xD
I just lost it during pools. It was awesome traveling with you and the others though.

I had so much fun traveling with you and just chilling with you guys. Thanks for being hilarious and entertaining throughout the trip haha
I think I'd do another trip like this, but only if you guys were going.

Bundtcake - I know I already said this, but thank you so much for housing all of us. You're such a nice guy and a legit person. I think Alvin already said this, but if you ever find yourself in Alberta you already have a place to stay if need be.
Also, I can't believe I almost forgot to pay you back for that taxi! As I was leaving your place I was like "holy ****, I still owe him $30 bucks". So I left it on your bedside table thing lol

SKidd

Smash Master
17: SKidd Sexy Mario! I'm glad we MM'd. You seemed so timid though haha
I try to make my Mario as sexy as possible. It's all in the 'stache.

I definitely think I could've won that MM. What are Peach's good/bad stages?

Hmm... Timid? I just wasn't as flamboyant this time around. Maybe it was the heat. I dunno.

Also, I suppose I should say nice Peach. Cute, rather. Almost as cute as you. No homo.
;)

breez

Smash Ace
That's not true at all. D= Are you getting this from the :random: icon next to your name? I just couldn't remember who you used in tournament, because it seemed like every time I heard of you, you were using a different character. I know you used Sheik in the past, you used Fox in friendlies against me, and I didn't get to see any of your matches. I did hear that you used Zelda on Big D, but that was one set. On top of that, I overheard Bundtcake talking to somebody about how impressed he was that you actually have legitimate "random" characters, so that just added to the uncertainty.

Personally, I find myself more and more impressed with your performance at every mainland tournament you attend. Great job taking 2nd in pools, especially in an event as tough as this one.

:005:
This.

So, yeah, I'm quitting coming to tournaments, I had fun guys, maybe I will start going again a long time from now after I move or something. But, for now, I will refrain, because I just make my character look bad, the island look bad, and myself look bad. I got screwed by pools, and people are going to assume I'm just a terrible Zelda player.
Disagree. At first you were free. Then you were goofy to play against. Now you pull legit stuff and have the makings of a solid player. Your improvement is really obvious. You don't just go to a few tournaments and play casually for fun and become some super amazing low tier player.

You should definitely keep coming, and taking my money in r/r matches. You seemed to be having fun every time you came - and thats what actually matters about the events. I can never go home feeling too bad about a defeat because of the awesome time I have with everyone at every event.

Also, I would be sad if I didn't get to see your adorable red giggly face again.

9: Breez :metaknight: - You look a lot different than you are. Now that you're a bit more interested in the game, maybe you can work on that GaW m/u? :)

I'm not sure what that means! In a good or bad way? :p Otherwise, I did fairly well in the first match, but then got pwned. The second match I believe I got killed around 80% all three times, and got wrecked ): I need to play with a decent GW (busy?) and just learn how to avoid his avoidable stuff, and i'll do much better. Playing you is always fun. :D

9: Breez: thanks for hosting the other Albertans. i am sorry for what i said about u after u beat my brother. i was mad at kelvin and i let it slip. a much deserved win against kelvin. u are a nice guy an yur Gf is nice too.if u guys ever come to AB u have a place to stay with us as well.
Awesome <3 all is forgiven. Thanks for being a really nice guy and explaining. I understand people saying things out of anger sometimes! I always have fun playing with you guys. Another mk main is moving in with me, so hopefully I will be playing much better the next time we meet.

How much can I get a flight to alberta for anyway?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol breez. I meant it in a good way.

If you wanna get better vs GaW, watch killL0ck vs me game 2 when it gets uploaded. That's exactly how you're going to want to play the match-up. Work on teching the dthrow and DI'ing bair as well. Playing any GaW will help you with those types of things, regardless of skill.

Top Bottom