• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Brawl 6 Results - Maple Ridge, BC

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I hope everyone reads dis post. I won’t be to any WC tourneys in a while, and I’m gonna try and say as much as I can here and give everyone a really personal shoutout (but of course, some more than others lol. I’ll try my best).
1st of all, I’d like to restate the speech I gave at the end of the day with a few more comments.

I had a lot of fun at Phoenix Brawl 6, and I can happily walk away from this experience saying it was worth every penny of the almost $700 (travel alone) that I spent. It’s especially nice that I made a lot of it back. That with what I already saved, and I got no debt after this tourney ^_^. Things can always go better or worse, and considering those two options; there is not a single experience I had that I regret. Everything from the people I met, to the bootleg WC venue, to my tournament results, to my fat wallet. I didn’t meet a single person that I can say I hate or dislike, and I hope ya’ll can say the same about me :). I didn’t really even care that much about the venue being small, it’s WC, so I’ll forgive ya’ll :p. Nah but at the end of the day, we had a place to play (that rhymed ;)), and that’s what mattered the most. And I must also add, efficient use of space. Even got n****’s playin matches on the stairs. I didn’t play on the stairs tho. EC swag :p. As for my results, I WON DOUBLES! Dat Grand finals come back! Definitely the most hyped up part of the tourney for me. I almost didn’t have a doubles partner for this, but wifi practice helped a lot in forming my new team. The opponents were of unknown skill level, so there was no excuse to beat myself up before playing them. As for singles, I’m at peace with the placing, even though some of EC might not be, but here’s the thing. It’s not like they sent me out here to coma and play, I made this decision on my own at the end of the day. I came here for me, and I know what’s up with WC. I encourage ya’ll to not listen to those in my scene that say you guys suck. I got the chance to meet & play several amazing Canadians & matchups that I could never have dreamed of if I didn’t come here. I learned from a (fairly) wise man to not let wins get to your head and not let losses get to your heart. I’m sure I showed a lot of sportsman ship in my wins and losses. I didn’t storm out the room, throw controllers, or brake another guy’s Wii (LOL :p). And the whole EAST COAST, WEST COAST thing was mainly for hype lol. I had a lot of fun being the only guy from EC at this tourney. I didn’t feel alone, or pressured or anything. I got a lot of attention and love :). And of course, I can walk away from this tourney saying that I did & won a $250 MM ;). It was great meeting you all, and it’s not over. If you guys keep playing, and I keep playing, then we’ll meet up again. Maybe not as often as I see Quebec, but it will definitely happen. However, it’s over once you quit. I’ll try my best to set up a national for Canada. I have the player base, I have the networking, I just need a venue ROFL. So with that said, GG’s, fun times, and unforgettable memories, but before I get to my individual shoutouts, there’s one final thing I’d like to say above all else…

GOOD A** TOURNAMENT, <3 WEST COAST, STAY FRE
SH
:]

1. Felix: It was so legit that we had some USA attendance at this. I’m happy that ya’ll came up. Wish I could have played you in tourney, but then you didn’t get to play me which you wanted :p. I can understand how fighting against Olimar is difficult and annoying. I had to do that for 7 games in a row >.< :rotfl:. At least we played in doubles and in a MM, so GG’s for those! You also make some funny faces haha. Good s*** winning this :).

2. Alphicans: I didn’t see your winners set vs Felix, but you played really well vs him in GF’s. You totally deserved to be there :). Also, GG’s in our MM. I’m glad I know the G&W MU, but Falco’s still a son of a b**** haha. It was also fun playing you in doubles. That bucket is dangerous haha. It was a fun experience to play a team that used that gimmick. Not sure why you let us go to Castle siege tho :p. Oh, and did you understand this :laugh:?

3. Asa: Very impressive. Brolimar/Olibro/n****, a bond so strong, it doesn't matter what coast your from :). Thanks for making this trip conceivable. I’m glad that the Zoro I got u was a sufficient present : D. & thanks for putting me through my least favourite MU in the game 7 times :rotfl:. I’m also surprised at your skill level to be honest. As I already told you, it pretty much hit me when you took the 1st game in our MM. I thought I was above your league but it doesn’t look that way anymore. Grats on your improvement. Looks like you’re the better than the BC players that used to beat you. It seemed to have happened so quick haha. I still can’t remember how we 1st met, but meeting in person was HELLA fun :p. Grats on outplacing me bro :), and thanks again for the $ :bee:.

4. Killock: Shoulda gone Marth/MK on me :c. Nah but GG’s none the less, and grats on beating me, taking me out of the tourney, & being the hero for WC haha. Excellent play from your Snake. I guess I got a lot of work to do. As for doubles, you already know!
Me: EAST COAST
You: west coast
Me: EAST COAST
You: west coast
hahahahaha. Our tags were sick, our team was sick, and our journey through the doubles bracket was an experience of a lifetime.

5. Junk: Never got to play you at all. But thanks a lot for organizing the USA players. I’m really happy that ya’ll were able to make it out. It added that much more to the tourney :). Good s*** on the placing btw my 5th place brotha :p.

5. [YRSF] Tin Man: EAST COAST!

7. Fiji: I guessed your names right the 1st time ;). GGs in doubles & the MM. It's hilarious how you and your brother ran the same stages vs me haha. I'm happy I impressed you with my gameplay :). Know what's funny? the AB carpool asked me the most ghetto WC question in existence. They asked me which on between you and your brother looked eviller :rotfl:. Only in WC lmao. Apparently it's you :p.

7. Bundtcake: GGs bro. I got to play you with something more than just pride on the line :rotfl:. You are pretty damn good at the Olimar MU. I'm a little shocked I pulled off the win that game. You like dem Falco jab cancels ;). You did good this tourney bro. Sorry I couldn't jam at your crib. I did wanna make it, but i pretty much played everyone that was there at the tourney anyways. Thanks for all the help and everything, directions wise and google mapping, etc. Vancouver's a nice place, and the sky train is legit. WC swag :)

9. Kuraudo: Well we couldn't play afterall, but oh well. Thanks for the doubles practice tho. Your sonic is so different from Meekspeedy's. He's so defensive and your more aggressive. In that doubles match, you had your pressure game on overdrive. I was overwhelmed dawg. It was fun chillin with you as well. You almost had Felix & Busy. I hope teaming with Landon was fun. sucks AB took you out, but that's the way the dice rolls bro. Also, I heard you're 24 years old. You look younger imo. I thought you were younger than me rofl :p.

9. Breez; Thanks for the housing bro. Dat WC hospitality was legit. & the bed I slept in was also legit. The cat was also fun. It knows to respect EC so it came to me when I called it haha. Tell Brianna thanks for the cookies. Those were also legit. GGs in doubles, and thanks for the doubles practice the day before. You and Firefly got some sick comboes down. Air release to nair was ALMOST HYPE ;). Haha, hope you ain't too mad about da doubles performance tho. At least you beat Kuraudo in dat MM xD. Thanks again for your help dawg. Your one hard person to reach lol. Oh and plz find my controller :rotfl:

9. Arsenal: so should I copy & paste my shout out to your brother :p. :rotfl: GG's bro, apparently your the less sinister looking twin (the things WC notices...). I'm glad that I got the chance to play your team and play a MM vs you. Hopefully you learned something about Olimar. You & your brother got a different style of MK from what I'm used too, but it wasn't too hard to adapt. I was ready for game 2 on frigate ;). But ya'll had me on blast in doubles game 3. Good s*** :bee:

9. Blue Yoshi: This :troll: makes me :joyful:. I found you to be the funniest n**** in WC! You had swag with every word you said, and your not even an a**h***. Your like a lovable :troll:. You got some fresh material bro. And of course you place 9th. At least it wasn't intentional :joyful:. & good s*** in doubles bro. Your team was impressive to watch! You were only 1 team away from playing me too haha. Stay fresh n****. Stay fresh :)

13. Firefly: Thanks for hosting this tourney bro. You already know how I feel, look above at dat paragraph of <3. GGs as well. Definately an interesting MU. I got to play the Nova Scotia champ which was also sick. I also think you did a good job in doubles, so don't sweat it bro. I had a lot of fun playing vs you, took a while to adapt. You were one of the people I was scared to play, and when I had you 2nd round, I was like "DAYUM" haha. I have some exp with Yoshi, and it's apparently an even MU, and I figured you had more exp in the MU than I did, so it was a lil overwhelming at 1st. I'd come to BC again, that's for sure ;).

13. Drake: I missed out on playing you. And I f***ed up when I tried to guess who you were :chuckle:. But I hope you enjoy BC, and abbotsford. I also hope my controller serves you well. It's filled with EC swag and it will carry you through every tourney set you play ;)

13. Captain L: We didn't talk as much as i would have liked too... Especially since your one of the 1st people I talked to from BC. I remember when we 1st met on wifi, and you got dat time out on me, you ledge planking son of a :chuckle:. We didn't even get time to MM. I hope tingz go well at home. I didn't mean to bring up a bad topic at the end of the night. Also, good s*** vs Felix in doubles. You almost had him bro! you were playing so safe and everything. Keep working at the game dawg. I see some good potential in you. you got dis bro :bee:

13. Busy: GGs in doubles dawg. Your wario got some good swag, and your wafts are on point. Don't know what happened to you in singles tho. Well I do, but I wish you tried :(. I'm sure you could have made it far. It was also fun chillin with you at Breez's crib after the tourney. Those doubles matches were ALMOST HYPE :p. Shoutouts to me catching you with a C4 after Asa air released you ;).

17. smash_mash: Those friendlies in the doubles bracket were fun :p. Nah but GG's, and thanks for the doubles practice the night before :). Good s*** vs Captain L in pools. I remember watching that match as I was late for my pools matches xD. It was real bro.

17. Big D: Bagged milk da bess, EAST COAST. This n****'s 6' 9" 6' 9" 6' 9" 6' 9" (lol Asa). You're definitely tall tho. surprised you fit through the door now that I think of it haha. Good s*** in doubles. You & Blue Yoshi made such a legit team. It was fun to watch. You're also a hilarious :troll:. You like how I hyped up those DDD dittoes. Good s*** winning that game rofl.

17. T-Block: GGs bro. Your Squirtle's lookin mad cute yo. You definitely surprised me with a lot of your tricks. It was like watching a magic show haha. Alphicans even hyped up your PT, and it did live up to the hype. Can't say much about the other characters since you mainly used Squirtle vs me. GGs in doubles as well. Siege game 1 was a bad choice imo. Close game 2 tho. & at the end of the day, we finally met : D.

17. brningpyre: It was nice to finally meet you bro. Upload dem vids : D. Thanks a lot for your contribution to the CanadaBrawl channel. & hope you had fun in that MM. Also, thanks for bringing a stream, letting me put my Wii on the stream, and driving me to the bank/food/venue/Breez's/the gas station :rotfl:. Your cool s***t bro :). I'll tell Neko he's a bulls***er when I see him :chuckle:

17. Blunted_Object: We didn't get to MM :c. Oh well, those friendlies in the doubles bracket were fun :p. Thanks for the practice the day before. I thought you were tall, but then I saw Big D :rotfl:. You got a cute Marth. Playing it with my Falco was fun. I don't know what Brianna was seeing lol. You'd be too big for an Olimar outfit LMAO.

17. DTP: We didn't talk that much, but GG's in doubles bro. I had fun that set :).

17. SKidd: GOOD S*** ON THE PLACING N**LET. I hope you like that controller. Much like the one I sold to Drake, it's got EC swag & it will carry through all your tournament sets :p. GGs in pools, and keep improving. You even outplaced someone seeded higher than you in your pool :o. If you keep playing, you'll get better. This is where it starts :bee:

17. Sushi: GGs in that MM. I was surprised at how close you came to beating me both games. It also makes me surprised at your placing. Your good at the Olimar matchup tho. you had me on the ropes. I really needed to put something together to win game 2. Keep practising bro, and remember... EAST COAST!

25. Kantrip: Barely talked to you :(, but LOL at you actually giving Asa 69 cents xD.

25. Frio: GGs bro. I hope I didn't piss you off lol. It was all for hype at the end of the day :). I'm surprised you "let" me go Falco game 1. You also almost brought back that Olimar ditto. I really wanted to avoid that matchup :laugh:. You and Alphicans had some major doubles swag as well. Dat bucket was dangerous. I'm still wondering how I managed to get through it. Interesting PS2 counterpick btw haha.

25. Crisis: GG's bro. I see potential in your Falco. Just keep practising. I now you have it in you. And remember, my controller got dat EC swag, and it will carry you through all your matches haha. I'm surprised by your placing tho. I know you got dis bro :).

25. GrapE: It was legit talkin to you :). We shared some legit jokes :p.

25. Kodokan: Good s*** with the venue save bro. And like I said, don't worry about the size of the venue, It is in WC after all... And GG's in pools. Sorry if I kept you waiting really long.

25. Yoshara: Dat AB car pool. I won doubles just for you guys ;). Keep practicing bro, you'll improve for sure ^_^.

25. IHT: The funny thing is, your the only person who I legit can't recognize. Sorry bro, guess I didn't actually talk to everyone :ohwell:

25. Arcansi: Barely talked to you haha. Oh well :p. I would have liked to hear you argue in person :rotfl:

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I try to make my Mario as sexy as possible. It's all in the 'stache.

I definitely think I could've won that MM. What are Peach's good/bad stages?

Hmm... Timid? I just wasn't as flamboyant this time around. Maybe it was the heat. I dunno.

Also, I suppose I should say nice Peach. Cute, rather. Almost as cute as you. No homo.
;)
I don't even know which stages are bad for her tbh haha
I personally hate Yoshis with her though, idk

and lmao!

SKidd

Smash Master
Aw Tinaye <3 yeah, I outplaced Kodo and Frio. Kodo is good vs me, I hate Marth. I just can't play him(referring to Kodo and Marth here, haha) without sucking. Marth with good spacing and a little bit of smarts can just **** Mario. I went Snake and I took a game off of him; if I recall, game 3 was quite close. I ****ed up my last stock and lost though. Frio ***** me. As did you. You guys ***** me. There was just nothing I could do, so much different from Bryan's Olimar.

And real talk, Darren(that's your name right[I'd feel mad awkward if it wasn't lol]?), you're cute as ****. Same with T-Block... but I've told him this already.

SKidd

Smash Master
Apparently, Brianna closes her eyes with Ben every night and pretends it's KillLock.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
And real talk, Darren(that's your name right[I'd feel mad awkward if it wasn't lol]?), you're cute as ****. Same with T-Block... but I've told him this already.
hahaha, yeah it's Darren. And thanks :p
I blame me for this.
lol
You wish! haha
Actually, it's because of the slight slants in the middle of the stage. It ****s up my ground float attacks or whatever.

T-block

B2B TST
Jake I played PT in teams too

1: Felix - grats on first. you're a cool guy, and i enjoyed the few games that we did play

2: Alphicans - <3

3: Asa - good to see you again. good **** beating jack, even if it was that match that sent him into losers to knock me out. your PT is still free though ;) your current name has basically been given the okay btw =P

4: KillLock - LE SIGH

5: [YRSF] Tin Man - TIN. MAN. it was great to finally meet you - you're a lot more... excitable than i thought you would be. i wish i could have put up a better fight in our mm, but i don't think i've ever been that tired playing brawl (johns etc =P). our doubles set was fun though <3 thanks for coming out to play with us... it's awesome to see you so involved with the entire canadian scene

5: Junk - i was the asian guy in the pokemon shirt lol... i guess we never did get to play =(

7: Fiji - good to have you along the trip. dece placing here, and good **** in doubles as well.

7: Bundtcake - briiiiian <3 super huge thanks again for housing us... i really appreciate it. i guess i didn't even play that much smash with you, but it was cool even talking to you outside of smash. the little we did play though... oh man. double PT the first day was absolute ****, PT ffa thing was hilarious, and of course my peach wrecking your falcon :awesome: in items ffa was like...the most clutch thing i saw the entire trip

9: Kuraudo - good job beating jake. that yoshi is pretty broken xP

9: Breez - sorry you got stuck in the diddy pool lol. you've got quite a few diddy's in BC now, so i'm sure you'll learn the matchup quick if you have some confidence behind it. you wrecked my PT though, and i take pride in being able to fight MK as PT on rainbow cruise. special shoutout to bri as well - those cookies were ridiculously good

9: Arsenal - good job in doubles ^^ keep playing PT imo - you learned pretty quickly =P

9: Blue Yoshi - we never did get to play D=

13: Firefly - thanks for hosting. you did an awesome job with the unfortunate venue, and i can appreciate how difficult that must have been. sorry for being a little peeved about coming up against you first round - i hope you can understand. i was very happy with our set overall though... do you realize this is the first time my PT has taken a game off your Yoshi in tournament? you're also a hell of a lot better at the diddy matchup than i remember - even if i didn't SD it still felt pretty hopeless. good to see you again as always. hope you find the time to visit alberta sometime.

13: Drake - definitely my favourite sets. pools was so intense, and our MM was hella fun. i really should have banned port town, but i absolutely love that stage, so whatever xP good games for sure

13: Captain L - never did play you 1v1, but i guess we did have those doubles friendlies. legit pikachu

13: Busy - never played D= i will always remember you as the guy who played dedede dittos though

17: smash_mash - gg in doubles

17: Big D - yeah i guess we never did play =(

17: brningpyre - man i didn't talk to you much at all this trip. nice job with the livestream and recording though.

17: Blunted_Object - gg in doubles. great to see people playing both games. keep at it.

17: DTP - daaaaarren your PT is sooo good. we're also all right at doubles i guess ;D fun trip

17: SKidd - my favourite mario. our MM would have been more interesting if you didn't kill yourself twice. ah well D= looking mad cute though ;D

17: Sushi - some good friendlies. hope your way home was all right after the tournament. next time try to plan these things out x.x

25: Kantrip - good to meet you too ^^ nice job against PT. don't ever take him to rainbow cruise though =P

25: Frio - you and me bro, retiring in a blaze

25: Crisis - yeah we had a good set. i like fighting falco as squirtle because it's funny watching them stress out when i live to 200% lol. you're damn good for being relatively new, so keep at it =)

25: GrapE - gg in doubles; don't let your performance get you down. you got second in pools with goddamn zelda, so that's gotta be worth something.

25: Kodokan - legit doubles set. didn't get to talk to or play with you much, which is too bad. i like fighting marth for some reason.

25: Yoshara - good to see you made it to your first oop event. hope you enjoyed it.

25: IHT - gg in doubles; didn't get to talk to you much =(

25: Arcansi - we didn't play at all D=

PEACE7

Smash Champion
killLock went marth against me in one game, but yeah he was pretty much all snake when he got to losers.

and yeah all the matches on the livestream were recorded. ppl reset my wii so none of that **** got recorded on mine

stuff that got recorded:
most of my 250mm with tinman
doubles GF
losers finals
winners semis
winner's finals
grand finals
Alright cool thanks man.

:phone:

i1337

Smash Ace
Tinaye <3
Marth with good spacing and a little bit of smarts can just **** Mario.
I ****ed up my last stock and lost though. Frio ***** me. As did you. You guys ***** me.
And real talk, Darren(that's your name right[I'd feel mad awkward if it wasn't lol]?), you're cute as ****.

Top Bottom