• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pictochat

Gea

Smash Master
This thread makes me realize why Inui and Xyro get along.

I'd like to point out that even if you can see the transformations coming on PS1, you can still randomly fall through the stage. I have in tournament before. And the ghost on Yoshi's can randomly save a dead person or disrupt your recovery so that you die. Both have happened to me as well. Yet I don't feel as if these circumstances are ban-worthy.

Luckily Pictochat is legal where I am so... *leaves*

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
This thread makes me realize why Inui and Xyro get along.

I'd like to point out that even if you can see the transformations coming on PS1, you can still randomly fall through the stage. I have in tournament before.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qgpv5jXrC2c

And the ghost on Yoshi's can randomly save a dead person or disrupt your recovery so that you die. Both have happened to me as well. Yet I don't feel as if these circumstances are ban-worthy.

Luckily Pictochat is legal where I am so... *leaves*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2RWYwhB394

...you're clearly lying...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Instead, you have to explain why a small chance of getting knocked into a hazard if you happen to get hit within the 12 maximum seconds of the match when it's possible is stupid and unacceptable while randomly falling through the stage itself and dying is fine.

No, I don't. It will simply stay banned. A legal stage being stupid but still less stupid than Pictochat is not an argument to unban it.

I just tried three separate rotations in training mode on 1.5x and the transformations didn't follow any set path. The first one was completely different from the second one which was completely different from the third.

A shame, that would've been a really amusing development.

You have successfully...helped ruin your own argument.

bobson

Smash Lord
Christ, I feel sorry for you guys if Inui actually has as much influence as he thinks he does.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
No. I know I am right, so I will not budge. The better players in my crew and my co-hosts agree with me. The stage is stupid.
The SBRoom completly disagrees. Technically, you're wrong. Your crew and co-hosts may agree, but funny how so many others don't.

It is a shame that I alone have such intelligence, then.
Something that the people who seriously believe the earth is flat would say. Nice to see that you accept community input in your tournaments.

This has been before. The stage was deemed unfit for competitive play after being legal for many months after the game's release.
WRONG. It's been deemed completly fine for tournament play. You just don't like it. Again I refer back the the SBR votes.

This option already exists. You can agree to play on it if you want. However, it will remain officially banned in my rulesets, and I will fight extremely hard to get it banned when it comes up again in the SBR. If they thought I was passionate and stubborn about the MK ban, they have seen nothing yet.
Sad that you allow your own biased personal prefference to interfere when running a tournament.

Absolutely not. Most of these players arguing for the stage are not NJ Smashers or part of the large group of players I lead, nor are they people of high status. Regardless of what people argue for, I will crush stupidity and make sure a proper rule set is used.
AKA, I'll ignore what everyone else thinks unless it agrees with me.

It is ridiculous that you can agree with that rubbish. You must camp in a safe zone at all times and worry about a hazard killing or damaging you every 13 seconds? Ridiculous. That is not skill. You shouldn't be fighting against the stage the whole match.
You and everyone else who thinks this is a complete and utter moron. Do you even read what other people...what am I saying, of course you don't. I'll make it in big red lettters, might increase the chance it'll be read (and hopefully understood)

You do not need to camp in the "safe zone" at all. It's just an area where, if you're paranoid/fail at reacting, you might want to go to for one second every 26 seconds. That's not camping.

Someone had the audacity to insult my skill, and I pointed out that I am the best player posting in this thread, which is still true. Nothing more.
As said many times, and has been said often in the SBR, Skill =/= good at rule making.

Why must you force players to waste their ban on Jungle Japes so that Falco can take them to FD, where he also has a huge advantage against everyone? Jungle Japes shouldn't be allowed in the first place.
You act as if Falco's unbeatable on both and he's only good on those two stages.

A 1% chance of the stage deciding who wins over the players...is enough to argue for a ban. A 0.0000000001% chance of the stage deciding who wins over the players...is enough to argue for a ban. It should be player vs player with no stage-based luck involved. The game forces us to have enough luck already. There is no reason to add more on our own.
You know, this is a good point. Lets ban Peach, Luigi and Game and Watch as well.

Fact is, the stage does have a tiny bit of randomness. So do a fair few others that are legal. Pictochat has absolutly nothing game breaking. But rather than listen to facts, you'd rather stick your head in the clouds, act like god and ignore everyone who doesn't agree with you.

And I thought M2K had a big ego.

A stage being less stupid than Port Town: Aero Dive is not an argument to make it worthy for competitive play. Pictochat has unpredictable transformations. Forcing players to keep track of things every 13 seconds and camp in a safe zone is ridiculous. Allowing a stage that can decide who wins is ridiculous. If you are in hitstun when a hazard appears, it's 100% luck for your opponent and the stage just picked who won based on luck and not skill. Absolutely unacceptable.
Again. You do not have to camp. It's 26 seconds. You can dodge/sheild/roll/many other things to dodge the slim chance that a damaging hazard spawns. If you're in hitstun and a hazard spawns, tough luck. How's that worse than if you got hit by GAW's 9 instead of a 3? And as has been said multiple times, unless you're on obscene percentage, or completly fail at DI, you can't die from the hazards.

Fact is, other stages have this too. What if you get hit with Halberd's claw/laser while in hitstun? What about Brinstar/Norfair lava while in hitstun? What makes this argument only for pictochat?

Thankfully the guys who run our tournaments aren't so convinced they're Smash incarnate.

Gea

Smash Master
Christ, I feel sorry for you guys if Inui actually has as much influence as he thinks he does.
He acts this way even when he doesn't have any real power so... I think that's just how he is. Founding fathers have to have large personalities.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
The SBRoom completly disagrees. Technically, you're wrong. Your crew and co-hosts may agree, but funny how so many others don't.
The SBR has a habit of being wrong. Now that I am back there, I can see why. I will fight to ban that stage when the next debate about it occurs.

Something that the people who seriously believe the earth is flat would say. Nice to see that you accept community input in your tournaments.

Do not make such a ridiculous comparison. I am basing my arguments on fact, not a blind theory. The stage can potentially decide who wins over the players based on total random luck, moreso than other stages. That is all that is required to ban it.

WRONG. It's been deemed completly fine for tournament play. You just don't like it. Again I refer back the the SBR votes.

Wrong. It was deemed unfit for competitive play by me and the people that matter in Atlantic North. ChuDat banned it at his events and now it's banned all the time in MD/VA. It's banned up north by the Mages. Just because the Midwest and Washington state are crazy doesn't mean the rest of us are. The SBR is wrong. They have Sonic over Sheik on the tier list. Need I say more?

Sad that you allow your own biased personal prefference to interfere when running a tournament.
Who cares? My tournaments are extremely popular, extremely successful, and I greatly enjoy running them. I don't receive complaints about my stages or rules in general ever besides MalcolmM wanting Pictochat because he mains Sonic and Wario.

AKA, I'll ignore what everyone else thinks unless it agrees with me.

I don't ignore opposing views. I crush them.

You and everyone else who thinks this is a complete and utter moron. Do you even read what other people...what am I saying, of course you don't. I'll make it in big red lettters, might increase the chance it'll be read (and hopefully understood)

You do not need to camp in the "safe zone" at all. It's just an area where, if you're paranoid/fail at reacting, you might want to go to for one second every 26 seconds. That's not camping.
No, you read what I'm saying.

Is there a decent chance that the stage can decide the outcome of the match based on total and complete luck instead of the players? Yes. Therefore, the stage is not fit for competitive play. This isn't a minor thing like the ghost on Yoshi's and Lylat tilting. Deadly, unpredictable hazards can decide the outcome of the match at random without player influence and no amount of knowledge can prevent it during a fight.

As said many times, and has been said often in the SBR, Skill =/= good at rule making.
I'm 100% certain that my knowledge of Brawl utterly dwarfs yours, as well as my understanding of competitive play. I'm simply better suited to make a ruleset than someone like you. Sorry, but that's just reality.

You know, this is a good point. Lets ban Peach, Luigi and Game and Watch as well.

Fact is, the stage does have a tiny bit of randomness. So do a fair few others that are legal. Pictochat has absolutly nothing game breaking. But rather than listen to facts, you'd rather stick your head in the clouds, act like god and ignore everyone who doesn't agree with you.

And I thought M2K had a big ego.

Again. You do not have to camp. It's 26 seconds. You can dodge/sheild/roll/many other things to dodge the slim chance that a damaging hazard spawns. If you're in hitstun and a hazard spawns, tough luck. How's that worse than if you got hit by GAW's 9 instead of a 3? And as has been said multiple times, unless you're on obscene percentage, or completly fail at DI, you can't die from the hazards.

Fact is, other stages have this too. What if you get hit with Halberd's claw/laser while in hitstun? What about Brinstar/Norfair lava while in hitstun? What makes this argument only for pictochat?

This is the same pathetic argument used in the SBR. It's an argument that has been crushed repeatedly.

Banning characters with random elements isn't very possible. It's politically difficult to do and changes the game far more. Banning a ridiculous stage like Pictochat is easy to do and won't upset a large number of people to the point of wanting to quit the game.

No other "legal" stage has the same level of randomness as Pictochat. No other "legal" stage has hazards with the same level of deadliness as Pictochat. There is no reason to willingly invite more luck into the game by allowing this stage. What logical reason can you present that justifies making this stage legal? None. There is no way to justify willingly allowing luck to decide the outcome of matches in competitive play when you can very easily remove that luck. A von Karma's logic is always perfect.

Thankfully the guys who run our tournaments aren't so convinced they're Smash incarnate.
Where do you live again? Oh yeah, lol...

He acts this way even when he doesn't have any real power so... I think that's just how he is. Founding fathers have to have large personalities.

The proof is in people's actions. It doesn't matter if people say I don't have power. I control NJ's rankings panel, I control the rules in my state and influence the rules in my region (LOL MY ENTIRE RULESET I MADE ALMOST A YEAR AGO BEFORE ANYONE ELSE WAS THE ONE USED FOR EFFING GENESIS GET WRECKED), and I lead a strong crew in my region. Everyone sits back and lets me run the events and decide everything. That's how it is.

**** this stage. I'm glad it's banned.
qft

MasterDaveNo1

Banned via Warnings
everyone knows how inui prides himself in proper grammar and spelling and insults correct? well yesterday i corrected his spelling and he was like "nah. ur wrong. this is how its spelled." and me and like 4 friends were like "no. noob." and he shut up. it was hilarious. he cant spell "dammit" he said it has an "n" xD i cant look at his insults and arguements anymore when he lost something that dumb. but yeah... pictochat sucks lol

Inui

Banned via Warnings
everyone knows how inui prides himself in proper grammar and spelling and insults correct? well yesterday i corrected his spelling and he was like "nah. ur wrong. this is how its spelled." and me and like 4 friends were like "no. noob." and he shut up. it was hilarious. he cant spell "dammit" he said it has an "n" xD i cant look at his insults and arguements anymore when he lost something that dumb. but yeah... pictochat sucks lol

One mistake doesn't negate everything else, fool!

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
It's allowed @ gauntlet? Awesome. The stage isn't bad at all. MD/VA should pray for pictochat...maybe it will stop them from all being CG'd 0-death....

As long as the other TOs are cool with it that's fine. EC Presents: Your going to a neutral unless you main S-Tier.... can remain the way it is. The best characters also have the most stages to put things in their favor...even tho they both have no bad matchups anyway...completely logical and fair.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Actually, "dammit" is an alteration of the phrase "**** it." People being lazy and uneducated on the internet is where "dammit" came from. "Dammit" came to be a word when it was overused by the public more than the correct phrase, "**** it." **** has an "N." Inui was half-right.

If we're going to have an argument, we're going to argue about what I want to argue about. Now someone needs to give me back my green sweater. I know one of you *******s took it.

Coney

Smash Master
about pictochat: i don't care

about ****it: what, there's no "n?" seriously? is everything i know a lie?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I feel bad for you Malcolm, maybe ill get it unbanned out here in new york, and you can come to our tourneys. Cus our TOs arent ginormous douchebags

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Norfair? Eww...anything but that stage haha. I'd rather have every stage on in Brawl than deal with that stage and watching people play on it XD

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Does anyone realize I , for the most part, allow pictochat?

Or that I am from NYC and I am an amazing TO and that kid shouldnt say all TO in NY suck XD

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
does anybody realise that inuis statement about being the best player in this thread is now complete BS?
and as far as im concerned, it was a flat out lie after the first post

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Wait.

I thought "dam+nit" and "dammit" were interchangeable. Dammit being the slang or censor dodging way of saying the correct "dam+nit". whuuutt

Oh, and Pictochat would be pretty cool I guess. I don't see how it could be any worse than Pokestadium 2 or Castle Siege.

:093:

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I wish I had enough support down here in MD/VA to unban Pictochat, but the TO's (ChuDat, TheTantalus) are against it I think and I don't think its worth arguing with them if they are :ohwell:

Cyberden (LAN center) down here did have Pictochat unbanned before it went out of business, I think that's the last time we had Pictochat as a counterpick.

Top Bottom