• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pictochat

Alphicans

Smash Hero
MK can't air release falco though. Flames would help falco more than anything (which is still bad since MK should be getting the punish).

Tesh

Smash Hero
Fsmash could have killed him I think. My point was that recklessly shooting on stage into MK would put him at LEAST back in the same position, where he would have to worry about what pictochat might do to him.

BSP

Smash Legend
MK can't air release falco though. Flames would help falco more than anything (which is still bad since MK should be getting the punish).
I meant a throw, but you're right. No matter what happens, it's bad for the competition.

@Twinkie- Tesh actually brought that up. We're going to....eventually, but the BRC is supposed to release it's ruleset in 3 days, so we may not have to do anything if they've seen the light with pictochat.

Tesh

Smash Hero
If you guys want to do something about the stage, you guys should get organized and do it.

As in, gather quite literally all the videos you can find and have them in a single post for reference, then go video by video explaining how each video shows excessive randomness or whatever.

I'm neutral as to the legality of this stage, and doing this could provoke more insightful discussion from both sides.
I don't know if I'm going to do all of that at once, but I'll take a whack at another video for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH5VMYksXEs (skip to 9:05 for the pictochat match)

10:15 - we can see the Picto-**** starting here. ICs drift back to avoid Wario's juggle. Missles appear. Nana takes 60 damage and dies shortly later from an Fsmash (nana is pushed deep into kill % by the missles)

10:38 - ICs short hop a bair or two. Spikes pop up on top of them (note they are already using a move and can't airdodge)

11:18 - Wario grabs sopo at 90% (not kill percents for a grab) and CLEARLY inputs his fthrow before the transformation begins to draw in. The cart spawns and kills sopo.

12:27 - not 100% sure what happened there, Wario was obviously fast falling an aerial there before the platform stopped his punish.

13:52 - can i blame the wind for that? *shrug*

Tesh

Smash Hero
Was he going to SD anyway near the end or was it the wind that pushed him? His mobility is so good I can't really discern it from a screw up on his part.

Being on the left edge when the wind pops up especially pisses me off because there isn't even a drawing over there to let you know whats going on.

Like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj_6uqWB5-c&t=46s

Espy vs Dojo

Safely spaced fsmash? Or horribly spaced Fsmash? You tell me.

NNID
Budget_Player
Actually if he had sideB'd earlier, he would've been fine. However, that doesn't make what happened ok. I am actually starting to question this stage. I honestly am really surprised how many examples of that line ****ing over matches there are + other things.
If he had sideB'd earlier and the line hadn't appeared (remember, this is a 1/20 chance we're talking about, approximately), he would've fallen and eaten a well-charged fsmash which would've killed him. So the only sane option was "go for the ledge". Which didn't work out that well.

Tesh

Smash Hero

BSP

Smash Legend
Sigh we may have to get on that compilation since the BRC can't see the problems with pictochat...even though a lot of other users are. Great leaders we got >_>

Tesh

Smash Hero
Mine was just going to be humorous to be honest. Sort of like a lulzy pictochat combo video. But, someone posted a vid in the Unity discussion thread that showcased some really good examples of how things go horribly wrong with no skill involved. Especially involving the spikes that always spawn a horribly angled wall.

Top Bottom