• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu boards think they may have found a ~30% to death combo on almost everyone

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
No, you have to camp after you get to the % it says. You still have like a 40-50% gap to do it, just with different parts of the uair/fullhopping.

cheesdog

Smash Cadet
So....is there a video of this being done to someone who is trying to get away yet?

And is there an official name for the combo? Pika-crap-lock-of-doom or something?

IxxI

Smash Fence
UAirs are easy to land...
I was able to land this offline on a few of my friends.
Most of the time I messed up though.
They even tried SDI'ing and DI'ing in different directions.
With practice, this isn't that hard.

gallax

Smash Hero
truthfully esam i think that you and prime more than deserve to get it named after you guys. all that testing, you deserve it. i say its called the priam combo.

also, on some chars they will have to camp the whole whole match if we have a cg on them.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Gallax, i don't want it named after me, it sounds arrogant and stupid. I'll check what prime wants it to be named. (either way i did more testing so i should have it more in my name than his)

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Another infinite for everyone to get hyped over. I think people are making to big of a deal out of it. We will see though.

UQuACkL

Uair Quick Attack Cancel Lock. Meh, we will have to think of something.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Another infinite for everyone to get hyped over. I think people are making to big of a deal out of it. We will see though.

UQuACkL

Uair Quick Attack Cancel Lock. Meh, we will have to think of something.
hehe

QUACK

too good

name it psyduck combo

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
More like *sigh* duck combo. =<

Yeah, I went there.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
So the way im seeing this, characters should fight high up in the air now, so that if they're footstooled they can get out before hitting the ground. They also need to camp really really hard. MK's dair camping proly will wreck any pikachu going for this, who woulda thought :(

Edit: Or just strike FD and SV, problem solved.

King~

Smash Champion
So the way im seeing this, characters should fight high up in the air now, so that if they're footstooled they can get out before hitting the ground. They also need to camp really really hard. MK's dair camping proly will wreck any pikachu going for this, who woulda thought :(
dair camping, no not neccesarily

camping though that will work for MK

Edit: i is pika main

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
so how much does DI mess with it, also should we camp the ledges?
lol, you should always camp the ledge.

Air camping the next broken tactic that should be banned by most TOs but still legal according to the SBR.

The sad thing about brawl is that even if every character ends up with a zero to death combo, people will still camp.

VLD

Smash Rookie
lol, you should always camp the ledge.

Air camping the next broken tactic that should be banned by most TOs but still legal according to the SBR.

The sad thing about brawl is that even if every character ends up with a zero to death combo, people will still camp.

Of course, if you get grabbed, air camping wouldn't have saved you from pika's footstool combo.

Don't get grabbed:D

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Sooooo after testing this myself after initially dismissing it I must say.

This is pretty impressive lol.

However I'd like to clear up a misconception: This actually can be feasibly SDI'd out of in some cases. The trick here is performing 2 SDI inputs in the 7 frame hitstun window that Pika's fresh uair has, which is made possible by "quarter circle SDI".

So what do you do? Simply jam the control stick up, and then move it to one of the top diagonals. Bam. Two SDI inputs and the character is now above Pikachu and can no longer be footstooled.

Note though that this was tested with Mario at 20%. Will this still work at higher percents? Beats me. Will all characters be able to get out this way? Not sure, it wouldn't surprise me if fatties like DK are screwed. If you somehow get caught in this though it's something to try in addition to changing how you fall from the footstool.

0x1d3

Smash Rookie
Nah this doesnt work. It's like the Sheik "infinity". Its going to be highly situational. Not to mention that 'footstools arent that easy to hit

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Nah this doesnt work. It's like the Sheik "infinity". Its going to be highly situational. Not to mention that 'footstools arent that easy to hit
Eh, the two really aren't comparable, this is far and away more useful. The only thing guaranteed with the Sheik "infinite" was ftilt -> footstool. With this on the other hand, uair -> footstool -> quick attack -> repeat or jab/quick attack lock works, though the uair can be SDI'd (not easy mind you) and the person can move in the air after being footstooled to mess up the Pika trying to do it.

EatMan

Smash Rookie
Not in a good way IMO... Imagine if every character in the cast had some ghey 0death or infinite grab/chaingrab, what would the fights be like? first person to grab or whatever wins the first stock because theres nothing you can do to counter it (dont give me the "dont get hit" BS please..). Its just not fun... I feel better killing by getting inside their head and condition every move they make with nades and srage control (snake :D) but I guess when money's on the line, everything goes...

/offtopic
/rant
Hmmmm......

We'll call it....

Melee.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
This is situational. Reverse u-airs USED to happen. Now that people know that this could potentially happen, why would they let themselves get hit with a reverse u-air? It's not a grab and many people's anything outspace it. Certain tactics, like staying in the air a lot, MKs dair camping, Snake's grenade frenzies and camping, etc., can all diminish the usage of this.

Plus, there's two times where you can DI out of this. You can SDI the u-air away from where they'll footstool, and you can SDI the QAC.

POKE40

Smash Lord
I will accept this until someone masters death combo in any tournament.

:O
We should wait until someone can do this with ease.
The pressure of the tournament environment can easily screw up one's attempt to complete this combo.
:D

Lemon?

Smash Apprentice
EatMan said:
Hmmmm......

We'll call it....

Melee.
The grabs were generally the finishers, but it didn't matter, in 64 you could basically 0-death anybody with anybody.
This is BRAWL, not SSB64 or Melee. Please stop comparing bawrl with melee and/or ssb64, they are all different and they are played differently. Yes I know you could 0death people in 64 all the time and yes, I know you could do that in Melee too, just that it wasnt that easy because (some) combos can be DI'd out of.

Also, combos in 64 and melee actually required skill to perform and sometimes you just had to improvise... There was Z/L-canceling, wavedashes, etc. In brawl you can just push a few buttons and the opponent cant do ****... ex: DDD infinite, DDD CG, pika CG, pika footstool combo, falcos CG, etc etc. They require no skill to perform... See where Im going?

Im just saying that these infinites/chaingrabs/footstool combos ruin brawl in my opinion, a game that has no combos (yes ok, there are combos... lame ones but they exist). Brawl is already lame with all the chaingrabs/infinites/camping/planking and people keep finding new ways to make it even lamer...

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
There were chaingrabs in melee that the other person couldn't do anything either, like marth's u-throw on falco/fox, fox's F-throw on bowser, and pichu's F-throw on link. They took about the same amount of skill, so don't say that there weren't thingsl ike this in melee. What about waveshining? Waveshining alone made half of the cast unusable against fox, which almost everybody played. Yeah you can DI it, but the Fox can just follow you.

Lemon?

Smash Apprentice
There were chaingrabs in melee that the other person couldn't do anything either, like marth's u-throw on falco/fox, fox's F-throw on bowser, and pichu's F-throw on link. They took about the same amount of skill, so don't say that there weren't thingsl ike this in melee. What about waveshining? Waveshining alone made half of the cast unusable against fox, which almost everybody played. Yeah you can DI it, but the Fox can just follow you.
I didnt say there werent any CGs in melee... But yes, youre right, there were CGs in melee but the only one that actually mattered was marth's upthrow CG on fox/falco... And you have to agree that its harder to perform than say falcos or DDDs CG. How many links, pichus or bowsers did you actually see in high level play? Those CGs just arent that relevant or played a big part in melee. Pretty much all the top players played marth, fox/falco or shiek (and peach too I guess).

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
Unless this makes Pika better than MK or let's you 3 stock Ally most of the time, then this isn't broken and it'll just make Pika a bit better and maybe jump into the next tier next time it's updated. At best it's like a more situational IC infinite grab but you don't need Nana and QAC gives you a better set up.

Also 10melees

gallax

Smash Hero
what a statement. 3 stock on ally? and most of the time?!? just make everything impossible. even m2k cannot 3 stock ally consistenly.

Top Bottom