• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Better Half: Dark Pit General/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
did you even see the posts detailing on why Dark Pit isn't just a recolor of Pit? are you even trying to argue at all? or are you just trolling?

I didn't expect that, after a ton of posts detailing on how Dark Pit is more that just a recolor of Pit, someone still tries to argue in the other side... unfortunately, some people only judge things by what their eyes see and do not look deeper.
Give him details then as long as it doesn't change his hitboxes or size. I just don't think he will be a character with his own moves. Have him just be an unlockable costume with different taunts and a different color light (or dark if you prefer) arrow.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Give him details then as long as it doesn't change his hitboxes or size. I just don't think he will be a character with his own moves. Have him just be an unlockable costume with different taunts and a different color light (or dark if you prefer) arrow.
why not? I humbly ask you again: did you even READ the posts? HE HAS A PERSONAL WEAPON in his original game!!! how does it NOT make a difference? by that logic, Mario and Luigi would be the same, with Luigi being the alternate costume with different taunts!

besides the Silver Bow, the Dark Pit Staff is his weapon of choice. do some research on the characters before saying something, will you? you can start by checking the moveset I made. and you can see it's possible to work him out as a different character.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
There is already a recolor of Dark Pit in Brawl. If Sakurai wants to represent Dark Pit without making him a playable character, he might just reference him with a Pit recolor.

It really is that simple.

Your tantrums will not change that possibility.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
There is already a recolor of Dark Pit in Brawl. If Sakurai wants to represent Dark Pit without making him a playable character, he might just reference him with a Pit recolor.

It really is that simple.

Your tantrums will not change that possibility.
you are aware that Dark Pit's origin comes from that black costume in Brawl? but, since the release of Uprising, which has added a lot of possibilities for Kid Icarus content in SSB4, Dark Pit became his own character, and not just some color swap! we are talking about THAT possibility, which is entirely logical.

and I'M NOT throwing tantrums, I'm just criticizing your short sighted views on things.
answer me this, did you even play Kid Icarus Uprising to the end? because if you don't know what are you talking about, then you can just stop posting right now. because I hate when people argue about things they have no idea what they are talking about!

and, once again, if you READ my previous posts, you will know that I never excluded the possibility of Dark Pit being a special costume for Pit. but, you don't seem to be adding much to the conversation, other than repeating the same thing like a broken record.

heck, I would even approve the return of Dr. Mario and Pichu if they had their moveset changed enough! which is not out of possibility...

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
you are aware that Dark Pit's origin comes from that black costume in Brawl? but, since the release of Uprising, which has added a lot of possibilities for Kid Icarus content in SSB4, Dark Pit became his own character, and not just some color swap! we are talking about THAT possibility, which is entirely logical.

and I'M NOT throwing tantrums, I'm just criticizing your short sighted views on things.
answer me this, did you even play Kid Icarus Uprising to the end? because if you don't know what are you talking about, then you can just stop posting right now. because I hate when people argue about things they have no idea what they are talking about!

and, once again, if you READ my previous posts, you will know that I never excluded the possibility of Dark Pit being a special costume for Pit. but, you don't seem to be adding much to the conversation, other than repeating the same thing like a broken record.

heck, I would even approve the return of Dr. Mario and Pichu if they had their moveset changed enough! which is not out of possibility...
The OP's post asks for our thoughts on Dark Pit and if he appears in Smash, then how?

I responded with my guess that he will be a recolor of Pit. However, I added that he could have different taunts and a different color for the light arrow. I mentioned the possibility of him being an unlock able costume in this regard.

So, you can see that I did read the first post and that I did add something new to the conversation. You just seem angry for anger's sake. Calm down with the keyboard.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The OP's post asks for our thoughts on Dark Pit and if he appears in Smash, then how?

I responded with my guess that he will be a recolor of Pit. However, I added that he could have different taunts and a different color for the light arrow. I mentioned the possibility of him being an unlock able costume in this regard.

So, you can see that I did read the first post and that I did add something new to the conversation. You just seem angry for anger's sake. Calm down with the keyboard.
not angry at all... I am just defending my opinion. and yes, I tend to go a little overboard when arguing with other people. a very interesting characteristic of mine, if I do say so myself...

nevertheless, I respect your opinion on the matter, but I defend my opinions to death, so you can't expect me to change it so easily. with this, I'm not going to insist on you.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
not angry at all... I am just defending my opinion. and yes, I tend to go a little overboard when arguing with other people. a very interesting characteristic of mine, if I do say so myself...

nevertheless, I respect your opinion on the matter, but I defend my opinions to death, so you can't expect me to change it so easily. with this, I'm not going to insist on you.
Nice.

Well, if Sakurai does go the recolor route he can still include the Dark Pit Staff and Ogre club as items/weapons that drop. Therefore, a devoted player can piece together a Dark Pit character by choosing the skin and putting the Staff on high in the item's list.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Nice.

Well, if Sakurai does go the recolor route he can still include the Dark Pit Staff and Ogre club as items/weapons that drop. Therefore, a devoted player can piece together a Dark Pit character by choosing the skin and putting the Staff on high in the item's list.
hmm... not a bad idea. it's not out of possibility to have some weapons from Uprising as items.

D

Deleted member

Err....not to add into this argument, but the post doesn't discuss on how should he get in.
It's asking whether you find if he has a shot or not.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Err....not to add into this argument, but the post doesn't discuss on how should he get in.
It's asking whether you find if he has a shot or not.
well, I was sure that you would say that. but you can't just fight fire with fire, right?

anyway, I still support Dark Pit as a character in SSB4.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
How the bloody hell does this thread have 4 pages?

In any case, I think Dark Pit's best hope for a bigger role is probably in the adventure mode. With the alt color already being there for Dark Pit, he could actually be a NPC in it/a minion of the villians who inevitably team up. The chances of this increase significantly if Hades or Medusa play some sort of role in the SM, much less if they're playable, as he could serve directly under them. Perhaps he could be referenced in some event match (Hopefully they're not as bad as Brawl's), too, similiar to that Dark Link event match in Melee.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Dark Pit, Dark Samus, Dark Link... All that's left is for Takamaru to get a dark palette swap of his own. I imagine that would be an event match.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
How the bloody hell does this thread have 4 pages?

In any case, I think Dark Pit's best hope for a bigger role is probably in the adventure mode. With the alt color already being there for Dark Pit, he could actually be a NPC in it/a minion of the villians who inevitably team up. The chances of this increase significantly if Hades or Medusa play some sort of role in the SM, much less if they're playable, as he could serve directly under them. Perhaps he could be referenced in some event match (Hopefully they're not as bad as Brawl's), too, similiar to that Dark Link event match in Melee.
eventually, but even though I support Palutena as a character in SSB4, it kinda feels out of place to have a god/goddess as a playable character in a game like Smash, but considering the banterfest that Kid Icarus Uprising is... it wouldn't be so out of place after all!

but if SSB4 has a Story Mode, I wouldn't see Dark Pit siding with Medusa or Hades, since in Uprising, he doesn't take sides,
before finally siding with Pit
. I would totally see him teaming up with Meta Knight, because they are somewhat similar to each other.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Well,if he had to get a redesign,maybe it woulldn't be too out of context,since he already isn't a perfect copy for being black,but if it doesn't work,at least,mirror his clothes,i doubt this can't be canon!
I don't know it's english name but isn't there like an "evil blade"?Dark Pit could use it since the "Dark fighter" Idol has it,maybe.

D

Deleted member

I actually don't think he implied a joke involving a MUGEN **** character...

I think he's referring to the fact that Zelda, Murasame Castle, Metroid, and Kid Icarus are the "Famicon Four" series.
That is, released in the same year, and two pairs that run on the same engine (Zelda and Murasame Castle is one, Metroid and Kid Icarus is the other).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
What. No. I had to Google that to find out you're talking about some NARUTO CRAP. I'm a ONE PIECE FAN darn it. The only KURO I know is the MAN OF ONE HUNDRED PLANS.

Anyway, I was pointing out that of the FDS Four, he's the only one to not have a dark counterpart yet.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I actually don't think he implied a joke involving a MUGEN **** character...

I think he's referring to the fact that Zelda, Murasame Castle, Metroid, and Kid Icarus are the "Famicon Four" series.
That is, released in the same year, and two pairs that run on the same engine (Zelda and Murasame Castle is one, Metroid and Kid Icarus is the other).
I never heard of that MUGEN character. I said Kuromaru since that would be the appropriate name of Takamaru's dark side, since Kuro means dark.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I think that there is a **** character in M.U.G.E.N.,Panja.
Nightmares.

Would Dark Pit be called so or Pitoo?unlikely but you never know:laugh:,since they called him like that for more than half of the game.lol

EDIT:nvm,Kuromaru IS Panja.
Who needs sleep?

D

Deleted member

Calling Dark Pit "Pittoo" on a select screen would be the same as calling Mario "Bro" because that's usually what Luigi calls him.

It's just a moniker, not the real name. (And in Dark Pit's case, it's a moniker the character doesn't even like.)
And then there's the fact that "Pittoo" is only in certain English speaking games. He's called "Tip" in certain European versions, and "Blapi" in Japan. ("Tip" being the reverse of "Pit", and "Blapi" being the romanization of "BuraPi", a shortened version of "Burakuu Pitto", the literal pronounciation of his Japanese name "Black Pit".)

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Calling Dark Pit "Pittoo" on a select screen would be the same as calling Mario "Bro" because that's usually what Luigi calls him.

It's just a moniker, not the real name. (And in Dark Pit's case, it's a moniker the character doesn't even like.)
And then there's the fact that "Pittoo" is only in certain English speaking games. He's called "Tip" in certain European versions, and "Blapi" in Japan. ("Tip" being the reverse of "Pit", and "Blapi" being the romanization of "BuraPi", a shortened version of "Burakuu Pitto", the literal pronounciation of his Japanese name "Black Pit".)
I like "Tip" better than "Pittoo" but yeah I don't think they'll call him "Pittoo" in the game since he hate the name.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I like "Tip" better than "Pittoo" but yeah I don't think they'll call him "Pittoo" in the game since he hate the name.
it wouldn't make sense for them to call just a nickname. his name is Dark Pit
(and he serves none other but himself!)
, so the game should label him as Dark Pit.
Another hilarious nickname is when Hades calls him Pittooey. That made me LOL.

Life

Smash Hero
Easy way to make Dark Pit distinguishable from Pit?

Dark Pit has constant power of flight (so his wings are glowing). In gameplay terms, he floats over the ground slightly (think Mewtwo's run animation), is lighter (also think Mewtwo), and has an extremely slow fall speed (which would pair nicely with a Falcon Kick-like down-B, which is also canon actually--see underworld gatekeeper). Obviously that's not how it works in canon, but this is Smash.

He could also fire his neutral-B projectile from a glide, which would be a nice addition to Smash 4 Pit as well.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Easy way to make Dark Pit distinguishable from Pit?

Dark Pit has constant power of flight (so his wings are glowing). In gameplay terms, he floats over the ground slightly (think Mewtwo's run animation), is lighter (also think Mewtwo), and has an extremely slow fall speed (which would pair nicely with a Falcon Kick-like down-B, which is also canon actually). Obviously that's not how it works in canon, but this is Smash.

He could also fire his neutral-B projectile from a glide, which would be a nice addition to Smash 4 Pit as well.
well, the running animation could be like Mewtwo and Meta Knight, but I don't think he should float while standing or walking. I think he could have a different standing pose (and we could assume that he is using his staff), and use jumps like Pit, but could have more mid air jumps than Pit, though.

I think both Dark Pit and Pit should have the same weight and falling speed.

the firing projectiles while gliding is a good idea that could be applied for any gliding character, not just Pit or Dark Pit. Charizard could also breathe fire while gliding, as well.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Anybody who seriously supports Dark Pit should probably vote in this poll.

He's currently second in the hate rankings. No, I didn't vote for him, though I'm not particularly fond of the guy. Just felt like it should be something I should bring to this awkwardly active thread's attention. I was kind of surprised at the sheer backlash of this particular character, considering his chances are so low.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Anybody who seriously supports Dark Pit should probably vote in this poll.

He's currently second in the hate rankings. No, I didn't vote for him, though I'm not particularly fond of the guy. Just felt like it should be something I should bring to this awkwardly active thread's attention. I was kind of surprised at the sheer backlash of this particular character, considering his chances are so low.
I've already done that. And yes, I am quite aware of the hate the character is getting, but honestly, I don't really care. I will stand by my opinion, it doesn't really matter much to me whatever the other people think.

And a lot of the haters claim that he would be a clone, while I already posted evidence that he doesn't have to be one.

Pichu, Young Link, Toon Link and Dr. Mario could be entirely different characters if the developers put some shred of creativity on them (and don't get me started on Ganondorf!). So my point stands.

D

Deleted member

Well, to bump up an old topic of mine, it appears that in the upcoming Playstation All-Stars game, we have Cole and Evil Cole from Infamous.
And Evil Cole is not cloned from Cole at all, surprisingly.

So...the same could be done for Dark Pit.

pokémoneinstein

Smash Cadet
Dark Pit is just a recolor of Pit, and he GOT the idea of Dark pit because of a recolor you can choose in Brawl. That said, i don't think Dark Pit is too unlikely, but he'd have to decide that the gods are too powerful to include, and then the competition is Magnus.

D

Deleted member

To play the Devil's Advocate,
Palutena is already heavily weakened by the Chaos Kin, and you actually have to avoid attacking her directly as you may kill her if you do, and the option to go without the Treasures is only available after you have beaten her once.

Oh, and the second Palutena you beat isn't the real Palutena. It was a fake created by Dyntos to test you.

Shouldn't really be spoilers at this point, but whatever. What's next, we can't talk about Hades?

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
SSSHHH,WE CAN'T TALK ABOUT
HADES
:troll:

Also,Dyntos can create and recreate anything,so I don't think it's surprising that she can be as powerful as the real Palutena.He wants to know if you deserve a weapon that can beat a god that Palutena seems not to be able to go by herself to stop him.If she can't go by herself,and that Pit deserves the weapon that can kill him,I think it could mean you can beat her.

But take in mind,you beat=/=you kill,and I'm not saying Pit alone can beat gods,he uses powers and weapons.He can't even fly.

As for Medusa,replaying a chapter is closer to be going back in time with a few changes rather than doing something again,because when I hear them talking it's about preparing for the final fight and such,they still think it's the final fight,so it's like fighting Medusa for the first time,but with a different scenario.

Sakurai's not going to think they're too powerful anyway,it's his creations. :troll:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I think "created" is the wrong word, maybe more along the lines of "refined". This mostly applies to the characters that appeared in Kid Icarus, but all of the new characters that debuted in Kid Icarus: Uprising play the former straight.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I think Dark Pit is one of the best characters from Kid Ircaus. The gods are like the legendary pokemon, they end up either overpowered or just so nerfed that everybody hates the chracter. Melee example: MEWTWO!
And Magnus lacks anything for Special Moves. Pit should keep his classic moveset while Dark Pit uses a series of things such from Uprising.

D

Deleted member

And Magnus lacks anything for Special Moves. Pit should keep his classic moveset while Dark Pit uses a series of things such from Uprising.
I wouldn't say that. Remember, Pit can use his sword as a club and it has abilities that Magnus has not done himself, such as shooting limited range tornadoes.
Also, Magnus is able to spin it rapidly to create a whirlwind that sucks Pit closer to him when he tests Pit's strength.
If anything, the weapon has wind powers.

Also, video examples of what I mean with Cole and Evil Cole.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ce3j0OBviw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzFCSgCLFxw
If they can make a recolor of a character (that is the same exact character, by the way) have his own style, Sakurai can do that with a character he created.

EDIT: And to anyone new that's reading this thread, I support a bunch of characters over Dark Pit. Palutena, Medusa, Hades, Viridi, or Magnus, I would rather have. I'm well aware Dark Pit is a recolor; I'm well aware that he is clone fodder; I'm well aware of plenty of crap you're going to say. However, that doesn't mean Dark Pit doesn't have a shot and could be given an excuse for being different by Sakurai due to his strong sense of identity.

D

Deleted member

I have updated the second post of this thread with more information.
I plan on reviving this, as I'm starting to become more of a supporter of Dark Pit than when I initially started this thread.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I have updated the second post of this thread with more information.
I plan on reviving this, as I'm starting to become more of a supporter of Dark Pit than when I initially started this thread.
this is quite a bump. I also am a supporter of Dark Pit, and that second post you updated pretty much explains how could Dark Pit work without being a clone of Pit.

I've also noticed how Pit is lefty in Brawl and right-handed in Uprising. As you can see when he uses the bow in Brawl, which is pretty much like Link.

Dark Pit could retain a playstyle more similar to Pit and Dark Pit in Uprising. perhaps, besides using his Silver Bow, he could use a few more weapons from Uprising, like Dark Pit Staff maybe? could work for different special attacks, since Dark Pit has no Three Sacred Treasures, meaning no Mirror Shield.

what about the Final Smash? I think the only possibilities could be the Daybreak from Uprising's multiplayer or the Lightning Chariot, which he uses twice to help Pit in the later parts of the game. Pit only uses it once, and has other possibilites for a FS.

D

Deleted member

I'm not quite finished with the moveset yet, but I do have the Final Smash finished to tell you.
It's the rain of arrows he can pull off in his boss fight, otherwise known as the special attack Bows can pull off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom