• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit's Better Half: Dark Pit General/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh boy, if Golden and Diddy were head developers we would have Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, Impa, and Anthony Higgs in the new Smash roster.
Note, that I’m not too much of a supporter of Dark Pit, I just wanted to make my own character thread, and I didn’t think anyone would ever make a Dark Pit thread, so I claimed it as my own.
I support a bunch of characters over Dark Pit. Palutena, Medusa, Hades, Viridi, or Magnus, I would rather have.
I love it when people make generalizations. :rolleyes:
While I later said that I've "become more of a supporter of Dark Pit", it just meant that I have less problem with him getting in if Sakurai goes the route of the two Coles.
I'd defintely rather have him over Viridi or Magnus now, though. And over Medusa if Palutena isn't in. (If Palutena is in and there can be a 3rd KI character, I'd rather have Medusa than Dark Pit)

EDIT: @Frostwraith: Your moveset kicks my moveset's ass. :bee:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Anyone wanna money match my Impa vs your Dark Pit? :shades:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I hope we get a Dark, Doctor, Toon and Zero Suit version of every character including Pit.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I hope we get a Dark, Doctor, Toon and Zero Suit version of every character including Pit.
Zero suit Pit......??? Never mind...

Anyway, Dark Pit would be an excellent 3rd rep, behind Palutena, but I'd rather have Medusa.

D

Deleted member

Ideally, Pit and Palutena would be the perfect representation with Medusa as a late semi-clone as a bonus if possible.

Dark Pit can easily just be an alternate (or EX Mode, as some people choose to see it) of Pit.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ideally, Pit and Palutena would be the perfect representation with Medusa as a late semi-clone as a bonus if possible.

Dark Pit can easily just be an alternate (or EX Mode, as some people choose to see it) of Pit.
I actually wouldn't mind Dark Pit as an alternate (or EX) mode for Pit.

It always reminds me on how in some Street Fighter games you can choose between Ryu and Evil Ryu from the same roster slot, but having different tweaks for each mode (including different movesets, different taunts and win poses, different voice clips, etc.).

D

Deleted member

Bumped because I felt like it.

I have a conspiracy theory, too.
Remember this image?
https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/328869208752521218/photo/1
(Hasn't been posted on this thread yet, actually. Lol)

Sakurai mentioned that it has no relation to the new Smash game, but...I'm thinking he lied.

What did we see recently?
-Samus in Other M style. Note how the Samus figure Sakurai has is also her Other M style.
-Link in a style similar to Skyward Sword. The Link figure used is also like his Skyward Sword style.
-Bowser more like how he has been in recent games in design and posture, like the Bowser figure.
-Pit's appearance in the new Smash looks more like his figure come to life than his Brawl appearance. Note how his blades are thicker in design.

Also to note is that other than Dark Pit, all of the figures are of characters that appear in Brawl.
So, I'm getting a hunch that Dark Pit will be making an appearance in the game as well, wielding the Dark Pit Staff as his primary weapon. (As well as Ness and at least Charizard too)

Take it as you will.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
-Link in a style similar to Skyward Sword. The Link figure used is also like his Skyward Sword style.
Link is much more similar to Twilight Princess than Skyward Sword.

In-depth explanation.

In case you forgot the differences, here's an image showing the three side-by-side:

SSB4 Link borrows heavily from TP Link, more than any other incarnation in the series. The vibrancy of his clothing, as Sakurai said in the Developer Direct when speaking of Mario, was to focus on the visual sharpness. His face is different from Brawl's Link, possessing sharper features—but look at all his gear. The Master Sword is definitely the TP-style silver versus SS's blue, the Hylian Shield is TP-style (it has the metal frame around the Triforce which is clasped by ornate markings, along with those metal shapes at the base of the bird, whereas SS Hylian Shield has neither); his boots possess the same markings and are slender and longer—and the most obvious: he doesn't have SS Link's lofty pants. His clothing is much more tight-fitted than SS Link's. The tail of his hat even has that stitched on extension that is characteristic of TP Link. Furthermore, his left arm has the brown leather armguard, while SS Link simply had a blue bracer. He has the same collar stitching as TP Link and a rectangular belt-buckle, not a hexagonal one. His chainmail is also gold-tinted, not obviously silver.

I hope you can see the similarities and differences. There's no denying this Link references TP Link more than any other.

Your theory is invalid. :troll:

D

Deleted member

To be fair, he's got elements of both Links. So it's not out there when I say it's "like" SS Link (even though I was well aware of the fact there was plenty of TP to go around). :awesome:

That being said however, with all the notable TP references in this Link, I can take pleasure in the fact that Sheik has much higher chance to stay a part of Zelda instead of being replaced by Impa like Diddy wants.
If he's going to be a **** about characters I support, then seeing Sheik show up again will honestly be one of the best days of my SmashBoards life.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Dark Pit is such a ridiculous choice. The obvious Kid Icarus candidates are Medusa and Palutena. Pit's moveset should reflect both he and Dark Pit, then make Dark Pit an alt and done. Two in one. With only one Kid Icarus representative currently, adding in another Pit would just be a jab at the diverse potential that the series now has.

D

Deleted member

Medusa is not "obvious" by any stretch of the means.
Uprising saw to that.

Palutena on the other hand, I agree.
Though at this point, I'm seeing Sakurai pull what he did in Brawl for Kirby with Kid Icarus and include both Palutena and Dark Pit.

Or otherwise go with the alternate selection/EX Mode idea that had been brought up multiple times.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'd rather Dark Pit be an alt. But looking at that picture, it could be possible that Sakurai lied. Granted, it very well could be a stretch.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Though I am not a hardcore fan of Dark Pit, I personally would not mind him getting in as a semi clone. Like the original poster said, Dark Pit's fighting style could be more brutal and offensive compared to that of Pit's. With the amount of weapons in Kid Icarus: Uprising, Dark Pit could easily be given a playstyle completly different from Pit's. For instance, Dark Pit could have somewhat similar normal moves due to him wielding the Silver Bow, but could have different special moves.

Here are a few idea's I came up with for possible moves. I thought of them not too long after I learnt Pit will be using the Upperdash Arm and Guardian Orbitars in Smash 4:

Standard Special (Silver Arrow): Dark Pit fires an arrow from his Silver Bow. Just like in the game, the Silver Arrow can be powerful up close, but lose power the farther it travels.

Side Special (Drill Arm): Dark Pit lunges forward, drilling into the opponent with the Drill Arm. This attack damages the opponent multiple times then sends them flying diagonally a little.

Upward Special (Wings of Icarus): Similar to Pit, Dark Pit is able to fly for a limited amount of time.
[collapse="Slight plot spoiler"]I was going to say Pandora's Flight, but since Dark Pit loses Pandora's powers later on in the game, I decided to just use Wings of Icarus.[/collapse]

Downward Special (Jetstream Orbitars): Dark Pit crouches, then on either side of him produces the Jetstream Orbitars. The Jetstream Orbitars blow away opponents and projectiles. Nearby opponents are damaged at the start of the move.

Forward Smash (Ogre Club): Dark Pit raises the Ogre Club over his head then brings it down on the opponent with bone-breaking force. Slow, but very powerful.

[EDIT]
Final Smash (Dark Pit Staff): Similar to Snake's Final Smash, Dark Pit flies off the stage and in front of the screen, then equips the Dark Pit Staff. Whilst hovering to the side of the screen, Dark Pit is able to snipe opponents with his staff. The shots are guided by a cursor, which is moved by the control stick. Each shot, if landed, sends the opponent(s) flying or kills them, depending on their damage percentage. Eventually, Dark Pit will fly back onto the stage, concluding the Final Smash.

The rest of his moves could consist of aggressive stabs and slices of the Silver Bow.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Interesting moveset, which is made even more interesting by the fact that you didn't incorporate his signature staff: the Dark Pit Staff. Could be a charged projectile or something.

I agree that the immense quantity of weapons in Uprising gives Dark Pit a chance to be a unique character in fighting style.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I had an odd idea if Dark Pit was added. If they were desperate for a forward B they could just give him Pit's brawl one. [I'm assuming the upperdash arm is his new side b]

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I had an odd idea if Dark Pit was added. If they were desperate for a forward B they could just give him Pit's brawl one. [I'm assuming the upperdash arm is his new side b]
Considering the massive amount of weapons in Uprising, it would be best if they added different weapons to his moveset.

Pit has Palutena Bow, Upperdash Arm and Guardian Orbitars.

A club would be ideal for a forward smash attack. He uses the Ogre Club in one of his battles in Uprising, so it would be the most logical choice.
His side Special could be the Pandora Claws and attack with a five hit combo, similar to Marth's Dancing Blade.
Down Special could be the Dark Pit Staff and be a charged projectile.
The rest of the moves would be bow moves. There could be differences in some moves and animations.

Anyone who says Dark Pit would be a clone of Pit needs to play Uprising. Not that I would mind him as a color (and possibly voice) swap of Pit, though...

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Considering the massive amount of weapons in Uprising, it would be best if they added different weapons to his moveset.

Pit has Palutena Bow, Upperdash Arm and Guardian Orbitars.

A club would be ideal for a forward smash attack. He uses the Ogre Club in one of his battles in Uprising, so it would be the most logical choice.
His side Special could be the Pandora Claws and attack with a five hit combo, similar to Marth's Dancing Blade.
Down Special could be the Dark Pit Staff and be a charged projectile.
The rest of the moves would be bow moves. There could be differences in some moves and animations.

Anyone who says Dark Pit would be a clone of Pit needs to play Uprising. Not that I would mind him as a color (and possibly voice) swap of Pit, though...
I do really need to play Uprising. I intend to pick it up soon. I apologize for just thinking he'd be a semi clone.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I do really need to play Uprising. I intend to pick it up soon. I apologize for just thinking he'd be a semi clone.
I'm not denying he would be a clone. That may well happen. (Don't forget that Captain Falcon and Ganondorf are clones, despite being totally different characters.)

However, Sakurai may add Dark Pit using the Dark Pit Staff as the main weapon, like Golden said above. That alone implies an entirely different moveset.

That is to say that Dark Pit is not impossible to happen and he may not be a clone if he gets in as a playable character. I have to agree with some statements above that, after Wii Fit Trainer, anything can happen.

About the Link stuff above, while SSB4 Link is based on TP Link, the tunic's coloration is definitely based on SS Link, as in, it has the same green tone.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
At this point it seems obvious that there wont be a voice swap costume. Plus Dark Pit seems like a good choice now. Despite how much confusion he'll cause to people who haven't played Uprising.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Interesting moveset, which is made even more interesting by the fact that you didn't incorporate his signature staff: the Dark Pit Staff. Could be a charged projectile or something.

I agree that the immense quantity of weapons in Uprising gives Dark Pit a chance to be a unique character in fighting style.
Yeah, I did think of the Dark Pit Staff at first, but could not think of a good way to incorporate it, so I ultimately chose the Silver Arrow.

HOWEVER...just now a light bulb turned on in mine head, and I came up with this:

Final Smash (Dark Pit Staff): Similar to Snake's Final Smash, Dark Pit flies off the stage and in front of the screen, then equips the Dark Pit Staff. Whilst hovering to the side of the screen, Dark Pit is able to snipe opponents with his staff. The shots are guided by a cursor, which is moved by the control stick. Each shot, if landed, sends the opponent(s) flying or kills them, depending on their damage percentage. Eventually, Dark Pit will fly back onto the stage, concluding the Final Smash.

I think I will add this to mine previous post.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah, I did think of the Dark Pit Staff at first, but could not think of a good way to incorporate it, so I ultimately chose the Silver Arrow.

HOWEVER...just now a light bulb turned on in mine head, and I came up with this:

I think I will add this to mine previous post.
Well, that's not a bad idea at all, considering the uses staffs have in Uprising.

Honestly, I haven't thought of anything like that.

Zema

Smash Journeyman
I don't hate the idea, but one Pit is enough. Luigi is a historical part of Nintendo's history, Dark Pit is really, essentially just a recolor of Pit. It's like wanting Dark Link. They will both likely be in the game, but as recolors and little more.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Heh, this thread reminds me of how I used to support him as a separate character. I don't believe in that anymore.

Sure, he could use other weapons, but I only see him as an alt. for Pit nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom