• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PKAY FIAH! ~ Ness MU Discussion [INDEX PAGE + Various Discussions]

Bartolon

Smash Lord
Never heard of aiming your PKT head and getting him stagespked?
Using PKT tail to make his jumps go away?

You know so little about ness you make all your arguments hilarious

Chuee

Smash Hero
Never heard of aiming your PKT head and getting him stagespked?
Using PKT tail to make his jumps go away?

You know so little about ness you make all your arguments hilarious
Oh, I know about all that stuff.
Stage spiking him?
PKT sends the opponent upwards, not to the side. There's barely any spots offstage that that would actually work and any smart opponent would be stupid to put themselves there.
Tail?
Zard has 3 air jumps.
Id like to see a Ness use 1 PKT and take away all of Zards jumps.
Plus Zards glide cancels out PKT.

LOL I know so little about Ness.
Ya bro.
You're arguments are more hilarious btw.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Doesn't need to be fast.
If you plan on hitting him with any part of it you're going to have to send the PKT somewhere near him. Thats when he presses the A button and a big circle appears and then the PKT vanishes.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Zard plays it his way.
If you want to get him with PKT you have to send the bolt towards him.
Now Zard knows this and he uses his first jump for the glide. His glide is slow so he waits it out and when it gets near him he moves up or down depending on where it is and hits it. Then (assuming he DIes really well) he uses his other 2 jumps and recovers.

Shaky

Smash Ace
I think it's 35-65 vs. Squirtle, 60-40 vs. Ivysaur, and 55-45 vs. Charizard.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Ok lets have a situation here.
Ness uses bthrow on Zard at around 100%.
Zard uses his amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing DI and uses his momentum canceling aerial and after that starts his glide. Don't tell me Ness' PKT is going hit him in that much time before he can glide.

oOTjayOo

Smash Apprentice
Chuee: Ness aint wario.

Chuee dont compare MUs (smirk)

You said dont compare Mus. Wasnt comparing MUs i compared the character. Read it right.
If you would say dont compare MUs on the rest of the stuff i would probbaly just say.
Charizard the things ive already been saying in the past post.
Some aireals go clank with Ness? More like Bair if timed completly right and Fair if put in completly the right position which probably wont work all the time.
Lol obvs that Nair > Uair and Nair Dair.

Leme say what i said better. Charizard is lucky if he gets a grab on spacing characters. If they leave them selves open. His range means nothing. Its about him getting in for the grab.
Marth can make you shield. He Fairs twice. You cant spot dodge twice. He spaces you with fair. You would either move back or shield. What marths have you been looking at. His Dancing blade Makes you sheild. It does not make you spot dodge.

Also Ive been through the whole roster. I actually played bowser in one time. I played a Ness with Bowser. Its trouble trying to time Ftilt right to get Ness Fair. Also When Ness Rises If the ground going his aireals Bowser cant really do anything about it. Theres alot Ness can do to bowser thats really hard to punish. Just about everything bowser does gets punished so easily. lol.

Once again Fair trades hit only if you hit at the right position. Bair Trades hits if done at the right time. But it probably wouldnt trade anything if Ness retreated while doing fair.

Also chuee ur pointing out things that really arnt legit.... lol

Glide on pkt. wtf. Point out somthing that works all the time.

With all the usless things your pointing out it would probably be a troll atempt

Shaky

Smash Ace
If you see Zard's trajectory while he glides you can just bend the PKT so the tails hits him first and then hit him with the head.

oOTjayOo

Smash Apprentice
Ness Bthrow Kills charizard around 140 from the center of any stage mostly. Probably not on a stage with a high cealing

Chuee

Smash Hero
*Yawn*
I'm getting tired of having to reply to TJs silly arguments.
Im done here.
I'll watch from the sidelines when the discussion for this MU popes up, and laugh.
EDIT: It doesn't matter who would do that. You could bump the % to 130. Same thing still applies.
EDIT2: Shaky, that may work I guess but that won't gimp Zard.

oOTjayOo

Smash Apprentice
Yea same to you man.

Also ive played PT with Ness. Close Matches. That was back then when i was really horrible at the MU tho
Im sure if i practice this Mu enough I'll do fine.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Yea same to you man.
Except that I'll pick another character if they know the CGs like a smart boy.

Also ive played PT with Ness. Close Matches. That was back then when i really horrible tho.
Im sure if i practice this Mu enough I'll do fine.
Come on now, you now better than to base MU's off scrub players that don't even know about the CGs =/
EDIT: Magik, Reflex also lives one state above him, but I think Shaky is southern FL.

oOTjayOo

Smash Apprentice
oooooooooo Chuee be trollin (smirk)

Also the person CGd me cuz i didnt know how to avoid the grabs. It was still close in some matches.
Btw what if i pick the right stage so they dont CG me.

stop trolling.

Shaky

Smash Ace
Both Mata and Kith live near me... and I've played them. I've also played Reflex in tournament about a year ago (I wasn't even known) and took him to 3rd game last hit. And yes, he used the GR to regrab with both Charizard and Squirtle. Basically, as long as you can handle squirtle this isn't a hard matchup.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Basically, as long as you can handle squirtle this isn't a hard matchup.
I'm glad you think that, because the other two Pokemon don't give me as much of a hard time like Squirtle. And before anybody who uses Pokemon Trainer comes in here saying that I must not have come across a good Pokemon Trainer, I'll say it here and now that I have, and I'm not saying that I can whoop on them everytime.

_clinton

Smash Master
The amount of trouble PT's pokemon give me depends on a number of situations, just like every other character.

Still, Charizard's GR stuff is at least better than Marth's IMO: harder to jump break, better throws in general, plus still having a KO move is for those reasons.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
70 30 charizard?
Charizard moves foward a long distance when chain grabbing Ness.
Other than that Charizard has nothing on Ness.
i watched a ness get CG'ed by charizard at MLG. It was a small step grab release.

Have fun thinking charizard doesnt have anything on ness. He does apparently.

It seems when Shaky came in and said something about the ratios, you called it quits...
Pretty funny =)
after mlg c-bus i'll believe whateva da kid[shaky] has to say about ness

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
i watched a ness get CG'ed by charizard at MLG. It was a small step grab release.

Have fun thinking charizard doesnt have anything on ness. He does apparently.
That's not really something if you've come to realize anybody can do anything to Ness out of grabs (for the most part, there are exceptions).

So...zard can CG, oh no. If you don't get grabbed (which good Ness mains tend to avoid for the most part) what else does he have then? I still don't find Zard that big of a threat either. I'd be a lot more afraid of Squirtle IMHO.

oOTjayOo

Smash Apprentice
Theres alot of things that can happen to certain characters. Doesn't mean that they are avoidable.
About 10 Characters have grab releases on Metaknight.
Does that mean that they are the best choices to fight Metaknight?
No. Defiantly No. Period Point blank.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Yeah, except that those are Air release CGs. While Zard has a small step cg.
Bad comparison.

Chuee

Smash Hero
The cgs on mk lead easily in to smash attacks and aireals. Bad comparison? what?
lol those don't anywhere near the amount of damage a smallstep CG does.
Go in to training mode and smallstep a Bowser with D3. The smallstep CG easily does 50%+ from anywhere.
From the edge of sv I got Bowser to 130% using the smallstep.
From the edge of sv I got mk to 36% using Yoshi's air release CG.

Bad comparison.

Top Bottom