• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plank's Apt. Tourney Vol 3:: RANDOM CHARS 03/07/09 (read the rules!)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
For the third installment of my apartment biweeklies (the 14th is skipped for ch5) I will be doing an all RANDOM tournament!!

Location?

Address: 1411 Key parkway west, frederick, md, 21702
Apartment: c1
Frederick is about 45 minutes north of Nova, 45 minutes west of Bmore, and 30 minutes north of silver spring.

Specific directions:
When you turn into the apartment complex you continue straight until you see 3 flag poles and a pool. Park anywhere around there (as close to the flagpoles as possible) and call me. If you've been here before, just come around back.

301 788 8085

Schedule:

11:00:
Begin arriving/sign-ups

12:15: Brawl Teams begins

4:00: Brawl Singles begins

Be on time please! Last one ran later than I would've liked it to run, so i'm starting this one a bit earlier this time. Don't be late, you all know I don't **** around with that **** =p

Rules:

Rules are completely STANDARD except for a few things. These are as follows.

1.) Each player gets one veto per set. JUST ONE. If a match starts and you don't like the matchup you can veto and the match must restart on the same level that was previously randomed. You are vetoing the ENTIRE matchup, so both players have to pick random again. However you must strategize and try to save your veto for when you really need it! Teams also only get ONE veto per set, not one per player.

2.) **rule removed for now**

3.) Because of the randomness factor, in an attempt to make things a bit more skillful/less luck dependent all semi-finals AND finals will be best 3/5. Best 3/5 sets each player is allowed 2 vetoes. Again, be smart with them.

4.) Counterpicks are allowed, but don't forget that you could get screwed because the tournament is RANDOM character.

5.) Vetoes MUST be called out within 3 seconds after the match officially starts. (countdown, then 3 seconds). This is so people don't get 0-50 combo'd and go VETO VETO!!

Price:

Singles: $5/person
Teams: $5/person
Venue fee: $2

I've been more lenient in the past, but i'm not going to give multiple people free venue fee for one setup anymore. Sawwy!

Bring a TV and a wii and get the venue fee free.

I think that's about it guys! Let me know if you all have any questions or if you think I should change any rules, etc. I am open to suggestions.

Volume 1 results: (standard tourney)

Singles

1: forte (Metaknight)
2: plank (Snake/Falco/Metaknight)
3: yo (Pit)
4: vist (Luigi)
5: chinesah (Wolf/DK)
5: yostir (Metaknight)
7: k-9 (Wolf)
7: god is my rock (G&W)
9: sito (Ike)
9: tantalus (R.O.B.)
9: light (Metaknight)
9: waffle (Zero Suit Samus)
13: eevisu (King Dedede)
13: lil b (Yoshi)
13: twig (snake)
13: fizzler (Kirby)
17: dr. lu (G&W)
17: apostl (Pokemon trainer)
17: lemonayd (???)
17: rei (Kirby)
17: bonk (DK)
25: seagull (Wolf)

Teams:

1: Radical Dreamers (Forte+Light)
2: Dishonorable (Plank+Travis)
3: Last remaining queefs (Knacker+Yo)
4: k9+yoster
5: seagull+ dr. lu
5: GIMR+aposyl
7: Waffle+Tant
7: Lilb + Sito
9: Fack Aoff
9: the fizzler+cpu!
9: David+bonk

Volume 2 results: (standard tourney)

Singles:

1: Azen Zagenite (Lucario)
2: meep (Ice Climbers)
3: boss (Mario/Luigi)
4: g-regulate (Snake/Jigglypuff)
5: spec (Zero Suit Samus)
5: omni (Donkey Kong/King Dedede)
7: candy (Snake)
7: lobos (Toon Link)
9: yoster (Metaknight)
9: plank (Metaknight)
9: chu (Kirby)
9: jose (Diddy Kong/King Dedede)
13: okin (Lucas)
13: ck (Marth)
13: VanillaWaffle (Lucario)
13: EEvisu (King Dedede/Marth)
17: gonzo (Kirby)
17: jcaesar (R.O.B.)
17: korn (Metaknight/Marth/King Dedede)
17: ThumbsWayUp (Diddy Kong)
17: blob (Kirby)
17: hova (Mario)
17: seagull (Wolf)
17: k9 (Wolf/Pikachu)
25: sito (Ike)
25: bmx (Wario)
25: baki (Kirby??)
25: oathmeal (R.O.B.)
25: lil b (Yoshi)
25: bonk (Donkey Kong)
25: tantalus (R.O.B./Metaknight)
25: masa (King Dedede)

Teams:

1: groom chu (Azen & Chu) ($84.00)
2: marinated mushrooms (Omni + Hova) ($42.00)
3: candy+meep ($14.00)
4: greg+plank
5: **** douches unite (Yoster & Okin)
5: gyarrow (Lobos & JCaesar)
7: man with a machine gun (Tantalus & Sito)
7: spec+blob
9: bonk+lil b
9: ee+thumbs
9: gonzo+jose
9: k9+hms
13: tom turkey
13: bad m. oath (BMX & Oathmeal)
13: excite bike (VanillaWaffle & Pylon)

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Haha, seems interesting. I guess the only issue is claiming a person's main. Since I main DK now, does that mean I can use MK? =P Is Boss's main Mario or Luigi?

I'm curious to see how this works. You should let me run a quick TvC tourny here in between Doubles and Singles! Won't take long at all. Restrict the tournament to only smashers if you're worried about outsiders.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I don't have enough room/tvs to deal with tvc. it ran a little late last time for my liking, so i have to say nay on the tvc. I could just remove the "main" rule since you're right, it's hard to distinguish a main for some people. Plus people still have a veto..i think ill remove that rule

Husband

Smash Lord
It looks like you have 32 ppl listed for Volume 2. If it was 5 dollars pre person, that comes out to be $160. It looks that you gave out 45 dollars to singles. What did the other 115 dollars go to that was in the pot? I guess it makes sense if entrance Fee was $1.50. I dont know if it was and you changed it to 5. I was just curious about where the money went if it was 5 and 115 was left over.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I just copied the bracket results from TIO and those came with it. When i entered people from TIO i only entered a few as paid (due to laziness). So tio split only like the 10 people i entered in the program, lol. But I paid it all out at the tourney, save $5 for me and $5 that must've gotten misplaced or i forgot someones entrance.

azen got 90, meep got 45, boss got 15.

im gonna edit the first post and delete those innaccurate monies

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
so I guess you aren't going to penn state then. its cool ill have to do well in teams legit this times

edit there are already three tourneys on this day

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Hey Plank, I don't want to be a bother but My sponsor is having a Tournament on the same day as you. Would you consider postponing your event to the following week so you can have all your attendee's come to ours? We have 40+ TV's already and the Venue is really nice.

We have alot of great people attending and would like it if you and your friends could come as well. So far we have 40+ people coming. The Attendance list is in the Thread.

Think about it and let me know VIA PM or through the thread.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=217799

I know the Drive might be an issue, but I assure you that it would be worth it.

Thanks,
Bolt

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
sssooo you gonna have ice cream I freakin love icecream random eh uh I will think about it

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
i will rule this tourny and take every1s money in random sets just like i did to plank! >:o

**** TALKING FTW!

btw CH5 is cancelled so make this on the 14th so it doesnt conflict with the other tourny

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
^^Yea, there is a tourney in B-more in the mall on the same day and the one in VA. I would recommend putting it on the 14 in place of CH5 or the 21st, so you can get more ppl to come.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah I'm not coming if this is the 28th, sorry. Please change the date maybe?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
****, i looked thru atlantic north and didnt see the date anywhere else....hows the 21st for people...? or march 7th...

i cant do it feb 14th, gf obligations

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
21st is day of C3

who cares just do it on 21st maybe i'll go to both lol

play teams at planks

play teams at c3

play singles at c3

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Well there's an SF4 tourney at Gamepad on the 21st, along w/ c3. I really want to go to this, because I know I'll do well, but I have a chance of winning SF4..... the 7th sounds good.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Well there's an SF4 tourney at Gamepad on the 21st, along w/ c3. I really want to go to this, because I know I'll do well, but I have a chance of winning SF4..... the 7th sounds good.
The SF4 Tournament hasn't been showing too much promise lately, I'm going up to Gamepad tomorrow. I'll see how many people signed up and let you know.

MattyP

Smash Apprentice
Yea, actually, I just realized that the SF4 tournament has not had much promo. I'll get on that ASAP. Off-topic, anyone know where I could post a SF4 tournament and it would be noticed?

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Yeah did you also know that our Gamestop is also holding a Street Fighter 4 Tournament on the same day as us.. yeah. :/

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Your tourney is a real one though, the Gamestop one is a cheap gimmick. Shoryuken.com would be the best place to post it, you'd get some real results, although I'll be shooting myself in the foot because of the competition, but I want to play them

ChuDat

Smash Master
Feb 7/8th - COT4
Feb 14th - Open
Feb 21st - C3
Feb 28th - Gamepad brawl 4 all / MD Brawl at the mall (I'll be going to Gamepad)
March 7th - Raft bi-weekly
March 14th - Chu bi-weekly
March 28th - GIMR's Brawl till u fall

Just did a little research. Hopefully this helpz everyone out

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
ill definitiely be coming to this tourney.randomness ftw.gotta practice my lucas because i get him 50% of the time when i hit random.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
Awesome One Of The Biggest Ddr Extreme Tournaments Is The Same Day.

Why Do I Miss The Best Tournaments?

(all caps does not existence)

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
You know I was thinking, if it's gonna be a RANDOM tournament, why don't we add a few more RANDOM twists to the puzzle??

As in...stage selection is RANDOM, all games, but the twist is that all the Standard/CP's would be on the random selector (so you random selector would look like this, Final D, Smashville, Battlefield, Yoshi's, Lylat, Delfino, Halberd, Castle Siege, Brinstar, Pokemon Stadium 1, Jungle Japes, Norfair)

Wouldn't that be fun??? I dunno if people will like/not like that idea, but i think that would make it even more fun. No counterpicks for the player, but you can randomly get them.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i thought about this, but no. that would just be gay. :p

the goal is to have random chars, but still skill determines the winner more often-than-not. stages would really change this, since brawl counterpicks are so extreme

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
lol forte team with me? XD

mk mains must stick together in dire times! >.<

Top Bottom