• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playable SSE Stages with Video!

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Even if there are specific pac files created like "SSE stage #5 replaces New Pork City" and SSE stage #6 replaces 75M" and we just circulated those around, they would still be really useful.

By the way, I don't actually remember most of the special battling stages from the SSE. Does anyone have a list or anything?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
My issue I am having is that theres more to a stage than just the .pac file, and I can't say, take a .pac I created by modifying the Wifi Waiting Room and rename it to replace New Pork City. If I do that I get BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP. I guess what I wanna do is something like the clone engine, execpt with stages? Or perhaps just force the game to load the wrong file from disc?
So, wait... how exactly did go about replacing Rumble Falls with a modified Wifi Waiting Room? Did you take the Waiting Room data and place it inside the Rumble Falls .pac?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
So, wait... how exactly did go about replacing Rumble Falls with a modified Wifi Waiting Room? Did you take the Waiting Room data and place it inside the Rumble Falls .pac?
Brawl+ already loads Wifi room instead of Rumble Falls.

shanus

Smash Hero
Its a simple code (~4 lines). There is another version which has wifi waiting room without the sandbag which is around 8 lines or so.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Dantarion, that pic of tabuu FD i uploaded was on FD, you just have to port the stage onto a different pac, i might actually have ideas on how i could change it though, ill try do a quick port.

Baro

Smash Journeyman

Dan_X

Smash Lord
This is probably one of the most exciting things in a while! I'd absolutely love to play in these stages!!! :D

Rikana

Smash Champion
Hmm. This just hit me. What about the people who play on a backup version of Brawl - the one that removes everything from the 1player game side and made to fit on a single layer DVD? Would those games still be able to run these stages? I don't know if the single layer Brawl has the stages removed..

I play on the original disc so I'm fine but I got a cousin who plays on a backup.

IkeLawliet

Smash Apprentice
So, can these be applied without code? For example, by generating a unique .pac that would completely replace stages that most people like less, such as 75m or New Pork City?

And if so, downloads of exactly those please?

By the way, nice choice of stage, VILE, that Rayquaza boss stage is very picturesque.

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
it looks like all you did is a ultimate edit on the training room stage

anyways AWESOME!!!! i always wanted to play on a SSE stage.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Dantarion, you never cease to amaze.
This week seems like the start of the golden age of Brawl hacking. SSE stages, animation hacking, model swapping, and soon model hacking!

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
ITS OVER 9000 like for real man u got done ur self too good. cant wait til the release and that pit stage rofl

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Dantarion is awesome.

Now, that aside, I am (officially) very interested, and I'm curious where you have gotten in stage hacking in general. I mean, we can't even edit the hitbox properties of stage hazards, and we have this? It makes me think massive improvements in our ability to manipulate stages are coming shortly (though this itself is a pretty massive improvement!).

So, to get to some somewhat more specific things...

-How well do we understand stage files, and how malleable are they? It seems clear that these stages are taking on many properties of the WiFi Training Room which suggests some degree of ability to manipulate stage properties to me. Are things in stage files like events (i.e. "Smashville's balloon passes overhead" or "Rumble Falls enters Speed Up!") reasonably malleable as well as, of course, the properties of stage objects (hitbox properties of hazards, movement patterns of moving objects, health of destructible objects, etc.)? Maybe I'm getting at something really unrelated, but seeing as you're obviously really deeply manipulating stage files, I figure this sort of stuff must be at hand as well.

-On the SSE stages, are only the "normal" stages workable? Every example I've seen has been from a stage with fixed blast zones where you were able to encounter enemy characters (as opposed to just subspace monsters). I know it probably wouldn't be very useful to deal with "stages" like the normal sidescrolling areas, but are they generally workable via this model?

-On the second stage you show, how does it handle platform placement? That stage has a different platform layout for each "shadow" fight, many (most?) of them completely unique to any stage in Brawl. I would be surprised, given how the stages are 99% identical, if each platform placement were a unique stage file. The coolest would of course be platform arrangement changing mid-game, but even an ability to decide platform layout pre-match would be pretty awesome (and probably far more reasonable given that transformation is doubtless a procedure not normally associated with that stage).

Like I said, I'm really interested in this, and I really hope you encounter much future success and look forward to any and all expansions in our ability to manipulate stages.

---

Also, off the top of my head (for those curious, I saw someone ask for something like this), here are the "normal fighting" areas...

-Floating Stadium (shown in video 1, identical to Pokemon Stadium 2 except with no platforms or transformation, also Petey Pirahna's boss area)

-Area you fight shadow Bowser (as Fox and Diddy)

-Area you fight Mario/Pit or Link/Yoshi (has one walk-off but overall pretty good)

-Area you fight shadow Diddy (has walk-offs on both sides and is flat, pretty lame)

-Area you fight Wario (has two pretty tall walls, suckier version of Shadow Moses Island in practice)

-Area you fight Charizard (I don't really remember this area)

-Area you fight Meta Knight or Lucario (has a lot of narrow pits, would be Ness's doom)

-Smash Skiff? (area after you rescue Donkey Kong; I don't know if it counts since you don't fight any characters or bosses here)

-Area you fight Bowser (like a longer FD, really cool background with dead Master Hand in background and massive stairs)

-Areas you fight shadow versions of character in Great Maze (shown in video 2 with no platform arrangements)

-Porky boss area (completely flat with walk-offs)

-Ridley boss area (FD like with "worse" ledges)

-Meta Ridley boss area (just riding the Falcon Flier)

-Rayquaza boss area (completely flat with walk-offs)

-Galleom boss area 1 (completely flat with walk-offs)

-Galleom boss area 2 (completely flat with walk-offs)

-Duon boss area (Halberd's deck with no platform or transformation)

-Tabuu boss area (completely flat with no platforms and "worse" ledges)

I maybe forgot some (probably forgot some really). My memory is really good, but it's not perfect.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Would it be possible to replace custom stages with SSE stages? Because that would just make stage selection absolutely ridiculous. :D
This. Screw NoHomebrew. Get Hackmii or get out.

Also, rly gj.

Also, why hasnt anyone texture hacked the Results stage to say SAVE YOUR REPLAYS

EDIT@AA: i think the sandbag is there only because Dant realized that the WWR was the easiest stage to change to an SSE stage

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Thanks for that list AA. That's exactly what I wanted. Now that I think about it, the Meta Ridley stage (Falcon Flyer) would be kind of cool considering that it won't be bouncing around and shooting fireballs at you all the time. Also, the Duon stage (Halberd deck) could possibly be interesting as a replacement for the moving aerial Halberd.

-How well do we understand stage files, and how malleable are they? It seems clear that these stages are taking on many properties of the WiFi Training Room which suggests some degree of ability to manipulate stage properties to me. Are things in stage files like events (i.e. "Smashville's balloon passes overhead" or "Rumble Falls enters Speed Up!") reasonably malleable as well as, of course, the properties of stage objects (hitbox properties of hazards, movement patterns of moving objects, health of destructible objects, etc.)? Maybe I'm getting at something really unrelated, but seeing as you're obviously really deeply manipulating stage files, I figure this sort of stuff must be at hand as well.
I guess that's a good question as well. Have we been given any more abilities to hack certain stage-unique elements onto other stages? Months ago I would have thought those things to be literally impossible, but given how far we have come in hacking other areas, some things might not be as far out of reach as we originally thought.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
This. Screw NoHomebrew. Get Hackmii or get out.

Also, rly gj.

Also, why hasnt anyone texture hacked the Results stage to say SAVE YOUR REPLAYS
... actually... somebody's done exactly that. I forgot where, but I saw screenshots.

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
I have an important question... since it's possible to hack the Character Select Screen to include individual pokemon, would it be possible to hack the Stage Select Screen to allow for selection of these stages?

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
So far, I have stage hacked:
bowser on spear pillar as palkia
A huge stage from the sse onto wifiwaiting room.
Speaking of which, the first publicly released multiplayer sse stage to my knowledge is released...now (texture by oizenx): http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=fcc54a018bcdc29a1f8e0fff488e27e0e04e75f6e8ebb871
Anyways, as you will see, there are problems, black sky aside.
The boundries only change for the area the characters spawn in. They can walk off die, and even fall through a floor instead of walking off on one side. Anyone know how to change this? Is it the camera? If so, how do I change that?

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
So far, I have stage hacked:
bowser on spear pillar as palkia
A huge stage from the sse onto wifiwaiting room.
Speaking of which, the first publicly released multiplayer sse stage to my knowledge is released...now (texture by oizenx): http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=fcc54a018bcdc29a1f8e0fff488e27e0e04e75f6e8ebb871
Anyways, as you will see, there are problems, black sky aside.
The boundries only change for the area the characters spawn in. They can walk off die, and even fall through a floor instead of walking off on one side. Anyone know how to change this? Is it the camera? If so, how do I change that?
Wow... uh.. that level looks like Green Hill Zone threw up... What's with the fall-through floor?

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Wow... uh.. that level looks like Green Hill Zone threw up... What's with the fall-through floor?
I wish I knew, as I stated in the previous post. I honestly have no idea why that's like that.
Also, the texture was by oizenx, for some reason the sky didn't work right. This was a rushed release lol. I'll make it much better next time, I just posted it so that if anyone knew how to fix it they would tell me. :D

Top Bottom