• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Playstation Vita/VitaTV

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I know IGN had a poll where only about 3% of voters cared about social media being integrated into next gen consoles. In other words, no one cares. Netflix is good to have I suppose. I dunno, why do all that, when the majority of the population has a smartphone?

finalark

SNORLAX
I know IGN had a poll where only about 3% of voters cared about social media being integrated into next gen consoles. In other words, no one cares. Netflix is good to have I suppose. I dunno, why do all that, when the majority of the population has a smartphone?
Exactly. Most people already have their smartphones to keep them constantly connected while most people who buy consoles don't really care to browse Facebook on it. Most people but consoles to play games, and to be honest I personally would be happy with a box with a modem.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Well, I like to tweet alot. So I would have a good time sharing a bunch of photosat the current time.

Just like megacon......wait the psvita has a camera, right?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Well, I like to tweet alot. So I would have a good time sharing a bunch of photosat the current time.

Just like megacon......wait the psvita has a camera, right?
Most people have an iPhone/cell phone to do that. Why is it necessary?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I don't have an iPhone, or a 3G iPad, or any other touch phone that would have the simplicity to send pictures to twitter.

I just have a crummy old phone for now. But I got an wifi iPad and I could bring a wireless with me if it is necessary. Actually that sounds better, because I wouldnt have to waste time paying for data and stuff.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
It's more a "Why isn't it on there" kind of deal, Fate.

Since most devices already have the functions on them, to not have it would not be a wise decision. It's like having a PS3 for no games.

But I find twitter a big joke and am surprised at its popularity. So long as I can browse Youtube, netflix, Facebook, and can use Skype, I'd say the device is solid before even considering the library.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Sony might have a long term plan... releasing the Vita quietly now, having the system get over it's release jitters, and then presenting a very polished system for December 2012. It's pretty future proof. All the major features of any smart phone, minus the phone (I suppose that's a market?). ...the hardware doesn't lack anything. Sony is aiming for longevity.

It just needs a killer app. I'm hoping it's Angry Locoroco. With Facebook omg. No one cares about checking their Facebook on their xbox, but social gaming is the ****.

Facebook Metal Gear. @____________________@

Sony better get their **** together. This thing has so much potential.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Sony might have a long term plan... releasing the Vita quietly now, having the system get over it's release jitters, and then presenting a very polished system for December 2012. It's pretty future proof. All the major features of any smart phone, minus the phone (I suppose that's a market?). ...the hardware doesn't lack anything. Sony is aiming for longevity.

It just needs a killer app. I'm hoping it's Angry Locoroco. With Facebook omg. No one cares about checking their Facebook on their xbox, but social gaming is the ****.

Facebook Metal Gear. @____________________@

Sony better get their **** together. This thing has so much potential.
If Sony focused on facebook games then its no better than a smartphone. I'm pretty sure their main focus is games geared towards core gamers.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Oh god no fb integration

I don't need the thing bombarding me with notifications if I'd like to post my scores on fb, twitter, tumblr, MySpace and all those other ****ty social networking sites I already hate having to use in the first place.

If I wanted that then I'd play angry birds on my iPhone or something

:phone:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
btw facebook integration is mandatory for all facebook-integrated devices now, you cannot use them without having a facebook account

BECAUSE THAT'S HOW FACEBOOK WORKS GUYS JESUS ****ING CHRIST

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I mainly use twitter since it's pretty much perfect for gamers. Not to mention the speed runs, walkthroughs, etc.

Facebook is just a social network for people to interact with each other at first, until it all went downhill for games, Facebook credits, etc. I like bejeweled blitz, but every game such as FarmVille requires money. Which is pretty wasteful.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Only thing I would like is if games decided to use social integration for more than just posting stats. In Uncharted, you can post if you found a treasure during MP, but what's the point of that? I do like how initially, Naughty Dog's twitter and FB page were giving out codes for free cash to spend in game. So if there could be an integration between that and having a need to make FB or twitter posts, I'd be fine with it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently there is a reality tv show for contestants to become a playstation game producer or something.

They just eliminated Egoraptor, even though he completed the challege because he didn't stay and tell his teammates how to complete the challenge.

It was slinging a melon. How do you tell someone how to sling a melon? You pull it back and launch it.

Regardless, I don't like reality tv and I don't care so much about Sony products

D

Deleted member

It's called The Tester, and the winner becomes a game tester for Sony.

Unless someone is really desperate for a job, they should glad when they get eliminated.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I got a Vita yesterday from KMart for 10% off due to it closing. It way better than the PSP, so far, but I didn't get to play it much as my wife took it.

The last two pages has everyone, mostly F8AL, ****ting on it, so I have to ask: why do you care enough about a console you hate to fixate on it constantly. A Linux reviewer called it the best handheld console out now, and others agree.

I bought it because it was slightly cheaper than release and had games I legitimately wanted to play. Beyond that, it doing well or doing bad doesn't really concern me.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Apparently there is a reality tv show for contestants to become a playstation game producer or something.

They just eliminated Egoraptor, even though he completed the challege because he didn't stay and tell his teammates how to complete the challenge.

It was slinging a melon. How do you tell someone how to sling a melon? You pull it back and launch it.

Regardless, I don't like reality tv and I don't care so much about Sony products
I wonder how the show will now do in terms of viewers now that Egoraptor is gone?

The last two pages has everyone, mostly F8AL, ****ting on it, so I have to ask: why do you care enough about a console you hate to fixate on it constantly. A Linux reviewer called it the best handheld console out now, and others agree.
I'm not hating, I'm simply relying all the good and bad news about the handheld. Once I read/hear something positive about the handheld, then I will post it. The PSV does have some good things going for it.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Well, the Vita does have a lot of potential, but I don't believe that Sony is taking the necessary steps to give the Vita a good jump-start. It'll be hard for Vita to make its mark in the handheld market, when there are always cheaper and solid alternatives. (Not that the Vita is solid already)

Pretty much, the Vita's success in the upcoming months will determine if game developers and producers are even going to bother to try to go the extra mile to use it to its greatest potential, or simply focus more resources on alternatives to make more money.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well...the easiest way to solve Vita sales would be to somehow get a Mario game to sell on the Vita. We all know how Nintendo fans seem to flock towards Mario like sheep :troll:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Maybe if the Vita had good things to talk about maybe I'd say other than bad things about it

If you didn't notice I was glowingly positive about the Vita before launch and then started to dislike it when I kept hearing all the stupid crap Sony was doing with it, as well as from personal experience when I finally got to use a Vita

:phone:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
For all intents and purposes, it does. Bad products sell badly. Bad marketing leads to low sales.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I got a Vita yesterday from KMart for 10% off due to it closing. It way better than the PSP, so far, but I didn't get to play it much as my wife took it.

I bought it because it was slightly cheaper than release and had games I legitimately wanted to play. Beyond that, it doing well or doing bad doesn't really concern me.
I wasnt hating on it. I just pointed out a lot of mistakes sony made that are going to hurt it very much as someone from the front lines who actually has to sell the damn thing. I honestly think that, as a dedicated handheld system, it's pretty ****ing amazing. The duel analog sticks(not ****ing nubs, STICKS) are great, the graphics are amazing and the interface works very well. But the Sony made, from where I stand as the person who sells these things, way too many mistakes for it to succeed. I have a $250 handheld system next to a $250 PLAYSTATION 3, and then I have to tell my customers that they literally cant do anything with it unless they buy the obnoxiously overpriced, only works for that device memory cards. Yet right next to it I have the Nintendo DS systems which are also extremely good for $170 and that come with their own memory card. And I cant sell the PSV as a smart device because too many people already have smart devices(It's why I have so much trouble selling GPS systems, "Oh i just use my phone for that") It feels like they're making the same mistakes they made with the PSP and PS3 launches, only harder. Now not only is their device overpriced because they're trying so hard to compete with a market they have no business competing with but they also decided to sink a huge amount of money into a 3G version that I honestly expect to just fail outright. Because AT&T is **** awful. I know that, because I am an AT&T customer. $300 is too much for a handheld, especially when it's only extra "Feature" is ****ty 3G service that you have to pay monthly for. Maybe if it was free(and even then it probably wouldnt be worth it)

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Costs could have possibly been cut down to avoid certain things. Personally, I could care less about touch, sixaxis, and stuff like that. I also could care less about social integration. However, I think you're a bit wrong to say that you look at the Vita being 300 (wifi + memory card), and the PS3 stand alone being 250 when the Wii right now goes for about 170, and the 3DS goes for the same price.

The 3G is stupid. I still think they should have upgraded to 4G, and something tells me a future version will do that.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'd like to agree with the AT&T sucks part of PR's post. I have them for both my ISP and as my phone carrier and you have no idea how much I get frustrated with AT&T and how ****ty that service is. I'm only stuck with them on my Internet because my technology illiterate parents don't know how much AT&T actually sucks and I had no choice to choose AT&T as my phone carrier because at the time I got my iPhone 4 they were the only ones actually carrying the phone under their plans. I swear with those people I don't get coverage with them ANYWHERE. I sometimes don't get text messages from AT&T up till 20 minutes later because I don't have any coverage from them where I live. With them as my ISP I can only have at least 2 devices connected to the Internet at any one time before something like my 360 begins to lag like **** or my computer begins to take a ton of time to begin loading pages. That also includes phones and other wi fi compatible devices. That means that even 2 devices like an iPhone and an iPad can be connected before my internet lags all up.

I seriously cannot fathom why Sony partnered up with AT&T for this one. It's like they think every consumer is made of gold the way you have to pay monthly for the 3G service, which not every developer is even gonna use like the guys from MK. If they're charging people a monthly fee in addition to like the 400$ you need to waste for it to be set, then at the very least make it mandatory for every game that's actually possible to be used in MP to have an MP component so you can make your money's worth with the Vita

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The last two pages has everyone, mostly F8AL, ****ting on it, so I have to ask: why do you care enough about a console you hate to fixate on it constantly.
I frequent a forum that discusses the industry. Sales, games, and the like. All while doing a ton of trolling. But there's ton of serious discussion that takes place. It keeps me informed and allows me to keep accounts of the history.

If I'm being negative, it is because it is rubbing off on me from the other site. For that, I apologize. It's also in part due to the fact that the 3DS was given a hard time over there as well with its less than satisfactory launch and thereafter and the fact that the Vita is doing comparably worse is Just Deserts and pretty funny considering.

Besides, is this not the Vita thread? I would hope all discussion of the subject would be found here. Negative, positive, and neutral.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Well, yeah, but there were some posts earlier that were praising the Vita, but no one responded to it and just seemed to keep on bashing it.

I don't consider that much of a discussion, mind you.

It's changed now, but personally, I felt very drowned out from all the negative feedback.

I don't want to say anything because I'm not the type to judge early.

For now, I'm just waiting for Vita colors and Persona 4: The Golden.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Hrm, I wasn't bashing on the vita, was I? That wouldn't make me such a great owner of this thread if I did, lol.

So I'll be posting some vita news when I see on--Ninja'd.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I don't think your thoughts on the product would effect how one views you as the thread owner.

Anyway - Anyone play Modnation racers, at all? I'd do it, but, alas, I don't have spare change to go out and buy a vita - besides, the past has taught me not to be an early adopter. Moving along, I've heard folks say that it is the better kart racer. I want to know who here feels as much. I know it currently does not have online capabilities, but it will in the near future. Anyone care to comment?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I don't think your thoughts on the product would effect how one views you as the thread owner.

Anyway - Anyone play Modnation racers, at all? I'd do it, but, alas, I don't have spare change to go out and buy a vita - besides, the past has taught me not to be an early adopter. Moving along, I've heard folks say that it is the better kart racer. I want to know who here feels as much. I know it currently does not have online capabilities, but it will in the near future. Anyone care to comment?
When I played a demo of it, it was REALLY laggy. =/

Well here is some good news for the Vita in terms of sales.

http://vita.ign.com/articles/121/1219565p1.html
Just read that article, it was expected. We'll just have to wait and see in the upcoming months.

I love the uncharted series, so its expectable that golden abyss would have been sold the most.
In NA.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
It should use Verizon 4G. If you've never used it, Verizon 4G is legitimately top tier.
I get 30Mbps in Atlanta on LTE with my Galaxy Nexus. It is ridiculously awesome.

My wife was playing Little Deviants, and said for a mini-game collection, it is super challenging. Also, there are about 30+ things to download on PSN including a few AR card games. They also have all retail titles available for purchase on PSN. I wish they would discount them more though.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That's cool.

My brother has been sharing his 3DS. We game at such different intervals, being able to play on 1 handheld has proven to be very successful and helps in our saving money between us.

So, that's a great method.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Chances are, if I decide to pick one or the other, I'll go with the 3DS simply because it's cheaper, has more games I'd be interested in (sorry Uncharted!), and it may prove easier to uh..."hack" he 3ds compared to the Vita.

Now that I think about it, the other big titles to come from the PS3 over to the Vita are supposed to be Killzone and Resistance....both that are shooters, which don't interest me all that much.

Top Bottom