• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
If that's the case, then he should look into getting Pixen. I don't know if it's what he's looking for, but I know that it's free, for Mac, and is specifically made for spriting...so it should work alright?
I used to have it before my hardrive crashed, but you can't put to pictures on the same layer...so it failed:(

It works great for scratching animating, and recoloring, that's about it....

Mewter

Smash Master
Umbreon, I am finished with your Umbreon request. I couldn't decide what pose to put it in, so I did three of them. The first two are scratches, and the third is a revamp of the silver sprite. See any you like?

I'm working on a fiercer looking one right now.
Edit:
The fourth one is finished:

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I used to have it before my hardrive crashed, but you can't put to pictures on the same layer...so it failed:(

It works great for scratching animating, and recoloring, that's about it....
Well...you can put them on the same layer, but it messes with the coloring (usually results in shifting the contrast so the entire sprite is more drab-looking). I found that out the first time I used it, so yeah...it basically is fail because of annoyance. Just thought I'd throw it out there, though. :p

Umbreon, I am finished with your Umbreon request. I couldn't decide what pose to put it in, so I did three of them. The first two are scratches, and the third is a revamp of the silver sprite. See any you like?

Edit:
I agree with annoying. That second one is definitely my favorite.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Oh cool, thanks you two :D
No problem. :)

Interesting "Platus" BTW. Though I should have thought to fuse it with Bibarel in the request since Bibarel is actually a beaver...
Yeah, but I think Bidoof is a better fit for a Platypus than Bibarel anyways. Platypodes (apparently that's one option for the plural, and I think it sounds cooler) generally are standing rather than sitting up (not unlike beavers, but I guess that's why Bibarel is fictional). Anyways, glad you like it.

Ok, since I'm having trouble finding the posts that blatantly broke the rules, I will say this:

Before posting at all in this thread, READ THE RULES! Take 10-15 minutes out of your time to clearly read the rules and understand them.

From now on, if anyone breaks the rules with or without knowing, they will be given a warning or infraction.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I really appreciate the help, Jesiah.

Yay! Thank you! :D I <3 it.

Is it just me, or does he sort of look like a mix of the rich boy trainers and Giovanni? <.<
Hm...he sorta does. What I did is I used Stephen's body for the base and Blue's head as a base head. I kept the eye shape but everything else is scratched. So I guess that's sorta a coincidence.

Why do people think mods have so much power as to change names and titles?
Seriously...
No, I think Karthik thought that we changed his name in the pending list because we were angry with him.

I didn't accuse you guys of anything, I just asked. It seems I looked at the wrong Pending List, sorry about that.

"If you see your request on the "Pending Requests" list (bottom of this post) or in the "Claimed" section of any member, do not remind us of it."

So I just scrolled all the way down to the bottom of post #1, and I didn't see anything, so I kept scrolling down, and saw a pending list (that is apparently only Spire's).
Hm, fair enough. I'll let it slide this time. But keep note, that the Pending List is right under the Rules. Remember that for next time. (I should probably reference that somewhere, in fact, I might've left "at the bottom of this post" or something somewhere in the OP to reference the Pending List.

~Request~

Scizor/Infernape fusion. If possible, could you make two? One using Scizor as the base and the other using Infernape as the base? If not you can just make which ever one would look better. Also, I told my friends about this, and one said that they wanted an Onix/Gengar fusion and another said they wanted a Regigigas/Tentacruel fuision. I dont know if you want to take these or not, but it would be nice if you could when/if you have the chance
Only one request at a time, please. Wait five days to request any of the other ones.

I'll use the Scizor/Infernape with Scizor as the base for the first request unless you want another done instead.

Edit:
Bah.

Stop making me feel totally inadequate, Mewter. =P

And I was going to do that sorta thing too, with one repose and one revamp of the Silver sprite (although you did two reposes, but you get my point).

Nonetheless I'll still do the sprite, just won't do a revamp since you did a better job than I probably would have anyways.

Anyways, sorry I've been sort of absent for the most part for the past few days, my internet connection was rather sporadic.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Mewter, can you please stop making me feel inferior:p
Jk, those umbreons are amazing!!! I really like the 3rd one;)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Is Umbreon a fox or a rabbit? Cuz that last sprite makes him look like a bunny. Or a squirrel.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'm pretty sure all of the Eeveelutions are based on either the cat family or the dog family. We discussed this in the "Let's Make Up Pokemon" thread.

Vaporeon > Cat
Jolteon > Dog
Flareon > Dog

Umbreon > Dog
Espeon > Cat

Glaceon > Cat
Leafeon > Cat
That was what I thought.

M.K

Level 55
I'm pretty sure all of the Eeveelutions are based on either the cat family or the dog family. We discussed this in the "Let's Make Up Pokemon" thread.

That was what I thought.
I don't think Umbreon is a dog.
It's definitly more....Fox-Like. Sort of like a weird mutant Rabbit-thing.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I mean the families. I think foxes are in the dog family, so that would count.

Anyways, this isn't entirely related to the thread, so yeah; let's can the discussion.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
So, after some looking through and not immediately spotting anything looking like what I was searching for, I decided that I shall make a...

~Request~

A Delibird evolution. I think it deserves one just about as much as Farfetch'd does.

Thanks in advance. :)

Mewter

Smash Master
So, after some looking through and not immediately spotting anything looking like what I was searching for, I decided that I shall make a...

~Request~

A Delibird evolution. I think it deserves one just about as much as Farfetch'd does.

Thanks in advance. :)
THere's already a deliberd evolution:

No, but seriously, I'll claim it.;)

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Let's try a more creative approach with a Pokemon that looks like a standalone. Draceon. A Dragon type Eeveelution. You could use Jolteon as the base. Change the color to dark purple and let the really spiky areas become black. As a collar-like thing (you know, dragon teeth under the neck and over the head, as if the head was stuck out from the inside of a dragons mouth?) you could use Darkrai's neck thingy, and a second one flipped upside down....

Like this, except a lot more color filled in... and better looking (I only have MS Paint. It's hard to sprite like that... I know it sucks, lol.)

Mewter

Smash Master
Let's try a more creative approach with a Pokemon that looks like a standalone. Draceon. A Dragon type Eeveelution. You could use Jolteon as the base. Change the color to dark purple and let the really spiky areas become black. As a collar-like thing (you know, dragon teeth under the neck and over the head, as if the head was stuck out from the inside of a dragons mouth?) you could use Darkrai's neck thingy, and a second one flipped upside down....

Like this, except a lot more color filled in... and better looking (I only have MS Paint. It's hard to sprite like that... I know it sucks, lol.)

Paint is awesome! What else do you need? In this case, though^...
You need to not save in JPEG.:laugh:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The problem is that A) That's a JPEG, as Mewter said, and B) I think that's concept art, not sprites.

Read the rules, though, please...

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I just put that up so you'd know what I meant, lol. Oh, and it isn't necessarily concept art. After all, it's recoloring a Jolteon sprite and adding Darkrai's neck thinies. You fuse and recolor sprties all the time, no?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I just put that up so you'd know what I meant, lol.
That's not the rule I was referring to. You requested improperly.

Oh, and it isn't necessarily concept art. After all, it's recoloring a Jolteon sprite and adding Darkrai's neck thinies. You fuse and recolor sprties all the time, no?
No...I mean you used concept art to make that. I take it you used this image or something similar, correct? That's not a sprite, sprites are pictures from the game, like this. They have much less color, making it much easier to work with them.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
~Request~

(I know what a sprite is, I thought you were talking about the request itself.)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
You could've just edited the request thing into your other post instead of posting the exact same thing again and spamming up the shop.
No, that's actually what he's supposed to do. Apparently it's not in the rules, but if they incorrectly request I want them to repost it so it gets taken down as when they actually got the rules right.

M.K

Level 55
Everything running smooth in here?
Yes sir, thanks for checking in on us! We appreciate it greatly.

Everyone, I have updated my Shop OP with all my sprites. Please take the time to check it out! I appreciate everyone that looks at my sprites and finds enjoyment from them! I appreciate the community that we serve and everyone's continuing support of the CPS through this amazing time.

D

Deleted member

the umbreon spites were cool, esp. mewter's 2nd sprite, but none of them solved the initial problem of them being too small. That's the main thing, all of Umbreon's sprites are small/sucky. Some of the poses were well done though.

I think I'm settling on this one. It looks much better than my old one at least.

Mewter

Smash Master
the umbreon spites were cool, esp. mewter's 2nd sprite, but none of them solved the initial problem of them being too small. That's the main thing, all of Umbreon's sprites are small/sucky. Some of the poses were well done though.

I think I'm settling on this one. It looks much better than my old one at least.
Do you want a larger version of the second pose, then? It'd be easier to make a more satisfying sprite if you specified exactly what you wanted in it, for example.
P.S.
I mean this in the best way possible. Take this entire post in a good light. When I reread it it just seemed like there was a chance it could come off impatient.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Wait, wait, I still have to do my sprite. It's coming up, I just have some requests to clear off before I get there and I've been semi-busy lately.

I didn't mean just a recolor but like something like u said a bacteriophage or anything else u guys can come up with and should i repost my request or leave it and u guys get what i mean or just edit it.
Just edit the other post, no need to re-post it.

M.K

Level 55

Introducing: Machazam!

Heh, I really like this sprite. It looks rather cunning and devious, like an old martial arts expert.

D

Deleted member

Do you want a larger version of the second pose, then? It'd be easier to make a more satisfying sprite if you specified exactly what you wanted in it, for example.
P.S.
I mean this in the best way possible. Take this entire post in a good light. When I reread it it just seemed like there was a chance it could come off impatient.
I think that would be very good. something like 30-40% larger. I was considering redoing it myself (I'm actually a pretty good spriter, but I haven't done it in a while).

I will probably stick to this avatar that I have though, I think it fits me more than the new colors do.

D

Deleted member

I saw a blue scizor/metagross fusion like a week ago and now I can't find it. Anyone have any idea hwat I'm talking about?

Mewter

Smash Master
I think that would be very good. something like 30-40% larger. I was considering redoing it myself (I'm actually a pretty good spriter, but I haven't done it in a while).

I will probably stick to this avatar that I have though, I think it fits me more than the new colors do.
I'll use the colors you currently have in your avatar, then. (Consider this finishing your sprite:laugh:)
Sorry, Firus. I just really like making umbreon sprites for some reason.

Edit:
Forget it. I'll just resize, recolor, and re-outline the second one I posted. I'll break the 85 pixel limit, but oh well.
Firus, I want to see yours. It's going to be awesome.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Introducing: Machazam!

Heh, I really like this sprite. It looks rather cunning and devious, like an old martial arts expert.
Yeah, wow, that looks amazing. Awesome job, MK.

I saw a blue scizor/metagross fusion like a week ago and now I can't find it. Anyone have any idea hwat I'm talking about?
Uh...not that I can think of. Are you talking about in here or elsewhere?

I'll use the colors you currently have in your avatar, then. (Consider this finishing your sprite:laugh:)
Sorry, Firus. I just really like making umbreon sprites for some reason.

Edit:
Forget it. I'll just resize, recolor, and re-outline the second one I posted. I'll break the 85 pixel limit, but oh well.
Firus, I want to see yours. It's going to be awesome.
Why are you apologizing? Feel free to keep working at it. ;)

And don't put so much faith into mine. >_> I'll give it the best shot I can, but when it comes down to it, the two people best at scratching (aside from Spire) have already taken a shot at it.

Top Bottom