• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Nah, I mean we've already seen an ample amount of Psychic, Dark, Lighting, and Steel Pokemon. These are among the rarer of the types, yet Gamefreak seems contempt to use them so liberally in comparison to past generations.

Or they are holding out all the lame filler pokemon.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I request that they make a Lightning Bug

Call him Louie

100 Speed, 100 Spatt 20 in everything else.

That'd make my day. (lol @ Louie the Lightning Bug reference)

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Nah, I mean we've already seen an ample amount of Psychic, Dark, Lighting, and Steel Pokemon. These are among the rarer of the types, yet Gamefreak seems contempt to use them so liberally in comparison to past generations.

Or they are holding out all the lame filler pokemon.
I think they do this every generation. Gen 3 gave us more dragons, gen 4 gave us more ghosts. Hopefully GF will notice the disturbing lack of fire pokemon and add a few more.

Who am I kidding? We're going to get 20 new water pokemon.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I think they do this every generation. Gen 3 gave us more dragons, gen 4 gave us more ghosts. Hopefully GF will notice the disturbing lack of fire pokemon and add a few more.

Who am I kidding? We're going to get 20 new water pokemon.
We still should get more ghost types though. o_O I mean, we have 18 ghost types out of about 520 pokemon. Only two of them are ghost/dark, and only one of them is legendary.

Fire types at least have a solid 30, even though I do agree, fire types were lacking this gen. What was it, Magmortar, Heatran, and the Chimchar family?

UberMario

Smash Master
I'm really excited how the two games will feature slightly different layouts, also a few new moves and abilities were revealed:

Moves:
Heart Stamp -Causes Flinching
Double Chop -Two-hit move
Magic Room -I brought this up yesterday, but theres more info, it seems to affect the use of ANY items, and it also lasts for just 5 turns.
You First -Lets your opponent attack first (WHY?!?!?!?!?!?)
Free-fall -sounds like a combination of seismic toss and fly, think Charizard.
(Not named) -A move that prevents your teammates from being affected by moves like Surf, Earthquake, etc.

Ability:
Telepathy -Always avoids teammates "hit all" moves, such as Earthquake, Self-Destruct, etc.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Kibago is Dragon type. Possible new psuedo-legend?

Also how is the goth pokemon a psychic type? I like how some pokemon are types you wouldn't expect (Zekrom for example) but this one doesn't make sense.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
You First versus Whirlwind and Roar, what will happen? I wonder.

Dust-off or whatever sounds odd. Perhaps they nerfed Magic Guard?

At XACE-K, humonoid pokemon are traditionally psychic.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I agree. Hopefully it'll evolve and become that. I really want that pokemon to be the anti-Gardevoir.

Frisk Plus Magic Room is interesting.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I understand, but its based on a goth. It just seems strange to me that its only psychic. Dark/Psychic would've been an interesting typing for it imo.
Do we have Dark/Psychic at all? And what about Gallade? (to the anti-Gardevoir statement)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
That ugly bat thing with the bulky HP has Unaware and a move which causes flinch? That's sounding pretty ridiculous at the moment...
How do you know it is bulky in hp? And what does Unaware do? Also, he isn't ugly!. I think he is cute and misunderstood.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
How do you know it is bulky in hp? And what does Unaware do? Also, he isn't ugly!. I think he is cute and misunderstood.
Just like Wotter is. Don't worry guys, you'll get warmed up to him :p

Also, I'm glad he wasn't brown like we speculated. He looks like he could be so ugly brown blegh

EDIT:

Also

?

I don't see the resemblance...

besides maybe the tail and ears

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Someone on Smogon did magic number magic with the picture of Koromori. The picture showed him at lv. 50 with a certain amount of max HP. That was all he needed.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Are you serious? >_> It looks exactly like an anime-fied chinchilla.
Anime rule #17: If it normally has four legs, remove the legs, give it big feet, and stubby handless arms.

Anime rule #41: Eyes are to always be as big as possible. Ears are to always be as big as possible on animals.

Rules are rules, and it follows them well enough. =P

M.K

Level 55
Gochiruzeru (aka, Gothlita) is absolutely amazing. I LOVEEEE her design, and her Sugimori artwork is SEXY.
I can just imagine her, Lopunny, and Jynx in a triple battle!!
<3

majora_787

Smash Hero
Gochiruzeru (aka, Gothlita) is absolutely amazing. I LOVEEEE her design, and her Sugimori artwork is SEXY.
I can just imagine her, Lopunny, and Jynx in a triple battle!!
<3
Ohhh geeze... xD Don't tell me it's gonna be Gardevoir all over again...

ANYWAY. It is a cooler design now that I get a look at the art, I'll admit.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Dude, I love Croc. I can also see myself using him with his awesome ability

It's either him or Wotter who are my favorites so far

Kole

Smash Lord
I like how the crocodile is a desert crocodile. Dark/ground is a cool combination IMO.

I also love how Reshiram is a Dragon/Fire and has fire shooting out the turbine thing. Same with Zekrom and Dragon/Electric.

Seen here:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
That picture is epic. I will be a proud owner of Zekrom's box, and Reshiriams actually.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
So apprentally, this Pokemon Black and White villian, Mr. N, well, there's a twist in his story. See, he wants to seperate humans from pokemon, setting all pokemon free.

The Twist is. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

its Mewtwo.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Do you just make all this stuff? <.<; Just wondering, because that sounds neat if Mewtwo is the bad guy

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Oh. How lame then. I think Mewtwo being the villian would be so cool, and odd. Oh well though, who plays Pokemon for the story these days.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Oh. How lame then. I think Mewtwo being the villian would be so cool, and odd. Oh well though, who plays Pokemon for the story these days.
I do. I find the plight of Team Galactic to have it's sentimental points. A very good story that the game brings indeed.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Team Rocket was the best. They were the most realistic of all the villians.

Anyway that goth girl is annoying me by being Psychic type. Unless they make Psychic types better this gen or make her evolve into Dark/Psychic.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
My fav so far is probably the croc or that gopher guy, cant decide... and in starters, id have to go with Tsutaja as he looks bad*** and I always choose the grass starter at first. And I think that Chiramii looks way good for a rattata replacement, Im excited to see his evo (even though i doubt it will be good enough for high level competition)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Serebii said:
N is one of the antagonists. N will keep coming to challenge you in order to confirm his ideas of justice. He calls Pokémon "Friends", but one of the screen shots shows him saying that he wants to split humans and Pokémon and divide them so it's black and white.
Does this mean the titles actually have some sort of symbolic meaning and aren't just random colors/whatever?

For some reason, I'm now REALLY excited for these games.

Kole

Smash Lord
It could even mean there's a fine line between them/completely seperate. or something I guess lol

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Maybe they will actually be 2 different games in a way. For example, lets say Isshu is divided into parts A and B. Black mostly takes place in part A as White mostly in part B. I doubt it but it would be cool.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
We do know that, for the first time, Black and White have more of a difference than just Pokémon exclusives. We know there's Black City and White Forest. The games may branch off entirely separately, too.

Mewter

Smash Master
Also, they're starting the routes anew this time around.
That, and an actual tie in with the storyline of the game in the name itself makes this sound awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom