• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
this sux, cuz all the five black/light quoted are ones that would be great in brawl

i agree with oni. a separate poll for Lucario and Blaziken should be made. It seems reasonable. Like a presidential race, candidates from the two leading parties go and get voted for in a big election.
Holy Shiz SSBB's going political

Next up Two on Two

Bush/Chenney vs Osama/Saddam
(and yes i know suddam is dead)

And the main event
Bill Clinton vs Richard Nixon

PS vote Gengar 4 brawl and Mikurage for item, ghosts rule!

Wrath`

Smash Master
If i had my chocie on any pokemon to be playible it would have to be tyranitar.
but he's not that poular and cant jump.

Lucario vs. blaziken 2007 who will win?

Baelen

Smash Cadet
when there were rumors of alternate forms of the characters in melee, i would have guessed nidoking as an alternate for bowser.

blaziken > lucario, IMO. i would also say grovyle and scizor would be fun for awhile

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
because many of the people here who vote could be new, ignorant of at least some of the cool ooking pokemon in gen 4, just don care, or have actual facts on why they think other pokemon are much better choices (a majority of the ppl here)

.......and clinton would kick Nixon's ***

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
did some one just really post a:

OMFG N00B HAXXORZ BL@ZIKEN IS WINNING OMFGOMFGOMFG H@XXZAORS ]

message again. we can read the post, we are regulars (most who ocme on here bcome them usually). we all can scroll up and see...o wait, you were wrong. ya see what i did they. I used the mouse's whell, turned upward, and saw that Lucario, the person I think that you were voting for, is winning by a vote. stfu, please...

thank you

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
well, at least ur bright...
look, the point I'm trying to make is that you dont need to tell ppl stuff like that, whether or not ur talking about the poll. Say why you dont like blaze or sumthing, dont just come here and insult random pokemon. that's stupid,

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i wouldve voted for farfetch'd

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
my "omg not again" was referring to the poll... i meant "omg not another poll" since the other one turned into a giant flame war...

I figured my blunt remark would be taken humorously... obviously not...

But honestly, if you really have this much time to get this worked up over a stupid little poll, you really need a life...

but all flaming aside, I disagree strongly with blaziken in brawl... mainly because it has no special importance in the series or movies... people just like it cause it looks cool...
i dont care if you disagree...

Mr. Derp

Smash Apprentice
FORMALLY: Ryu777 ...OLD POST COUNT: around 500
maybe I'm just being stuipid here, but WHAT EXACTLY is so cool about lucario. and why the hell is steel anyway, it looks like a water dog or something. well, at least its better than that Piece of **** deoxys, that thing is just lametarded. I guess I'm more old school so I would have to go with Dragonite personally.

edit: actually, I'd like to see cubone even more, and I usually dont speak well of anything emo

kaid

Smash Master
It's steel type for the resistances, not because it's actually steel. It's a fighting type that takes 1x damage from Flying and Psychic moves.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
i hate stell pokemon...so strong against everything

and they are starting to add way too many... if you look at the 4th gen like every other one is a steel type (even a starter! >:( )

Wrath`

Smash Master
Yo king spell steel right.(then again I have alot of spelling errors too)
Lucario is somwhat cool.

But BLAZIKEN ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still i think electibuzze's evolution elikible should be added to the 4th gen poll

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
because many of the people here who vote could be new, ignorant of at least some of the cool ooking pokemon in gen 4, just don care, or have actual facts on why they think other pokemon are much better choices (a majority of the ppl here)

.......and clinton would kick Nixon's ***
When you say ignorant are you refering to me?

PS: Gengar for char and Mikurage for item. GHOST POKEMON RULE

Wrath`

Smash Master
This is getting me so pumped for Giradina, the 1st ghost legendary!
I thought his name was griantis.Guess i was wrong.But he would only be able to come out of a pokeball.

Giradina will own in diamond and pearal.He will beat lucario kaid,he will

ggmax

Smash Cadet
lucario. alot of the other would just look wierd fighting. plus, it has to be one that has some popular hype to it, not just any pokemon.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
although i support Lucario, blaze would be reasonable. and not all pokemon would look wierd fighting. Really, most of it is what Japan thinks, not even us. So expect a lotta wtf's when a pokemon like Mirimol or something ends up playable.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I'd love an area where a bunch of giant legendaries wrecked havoc on the field.
PS: Gengar for char, Mikurage 4 item, Ghost pkmn rule!
Well for that they could have the ore colloseum from pok. colloseum.

If you want to what pokemon could be in ssbb,just think like a jpn person.

kaid

Smash Master
Honestly, the list I see is Pikachu, Mewtwo, the bunny, Eralade, and Lucario, who is thrown in as a token western rep that Japaneese people won't go WTF over. Jiggs isn't popular outside of smash anymore, not even in Japan, where her fanbase was originally.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
OUTSIDE OF SMASH, I said.
Curses, curses, curses!! That's stupid little piece of cotton candy. We just can't seem to shake this....this nuisance. Urgh! I HATE Jigglypuff with a passion. I probably hate that shemale more than even Pichu. Furthermore, we have these loyal Jigglypuff fans that obviously do meth that say "Oh no, lets not get rid of Jigglypuff because it's so cute & adoreable & since it's been in the first Smash game, lets not toss her to the wasteside." Ridiculious!

Black/Light

Smash Master
Honestly, the list I see is Pikachu, Mewtwo, the bunny, Eralade, and Lucario, who is thrown in as a token western rep that Japaneese people won't go WTF over. Jiggs isn't popular outside of smash anymore, not even in Japan, where her fanbase was originally.
I actually see it more in the range of chances as. . .
Pika/ M2/ Jpuff-Mimirol-Mimilop (not sure. I like both rabbits)/ Gardevoir-Eralade (but much more likely Gard seeing as she was the fav much longer than the other)/ Blaze-Lucario (they both mostly build their fan-base from the US/UK thinking they look "coo". And in ranking, adding either would be more of a shock to Japan than adding Meowth would be to the US/UK)

Personally, I see it ending like this. . .
Pika/ M2/ Mimirol/P&M and-or Blaze(odd, don't know which would replace pichu)/ Gardevoir and maybe Lucario.
Yes, 6 pokemon with maybe 7+ Mario characters.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
The 2nd generation isn't very popular, is it? Scizor pretty much is the only suggestion from it (I'm not counting Pichu, as it's almost certain to get the boot), and Scyther seems to have more support on the official thread anyway.

For the final list, I'm thinking kaid pretty much has it. Jiggly may yet go out along with Pichu. My final thoughts:

-Pikachu
-Mewtwo
-Mimirol (replacing Jiggly as the cutesy Pokemon highly popular in Japan)
-Munchlax (still more of a cute selection than anything else, but being the first revealed 4th generation Pokemon has to count for something)
-Lucario (Blaziken might make it instead, but I'm still leaning Lucario)

So that makes five Pokemon, only one more than we had in Melee. That should keep the, "Oh no, not more Pokeymons!" group from being too angry, while also giving us a fair selection of new Pokemon to use.

Erlade or Gardevoir might also make it, but Munchlax just seems more recognizable and famous worldwide to me.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Im thinking that at the charecter select screen you will see a section of logos.You click that logo and the charecters from that logo appere.That would solve screen space for charachters problems and would allow them to put more charachters in.This would allow you to have about 6-8 pokemon no problem.

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
Curses, curses, curses!! That's stupid little piece of cotton candy. We just can't seem to shake this....this nuisance. Urgh! I HATE Jigglypuff with a passion. I probably hate that shemale more than even Pichu. Furthermore, we have these loyal Jigglypuff fans that obviously do meth that say "Oh no, lets not get rid of Jigglypuff because it's so cute & adoreable & since it's been in the first Smash game, lets not toss her to the wasteside." Ridiculious!

Jesus Christ, not only was Jigglypuff massively popular for a long time, but she is also a strong Smash character. Why do you hate her so much? -_-

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
i got a feeling that at least 1 overlooked unique pokemon will become a character... mostly because i hope that will happen.
but Munchlax just seems more recognizable and famous worldwide to me.
eh... i doubt that sakurai would put an unpopular pokemon in just because it is recognisable...
this might just be a hunch, but i got a feeling that all you want is cool looking pokemon... you havnt even supplied a reason why you hate jiggly. the only character worth hating is an un-unique one.
I don't want to many pokemon in brawl i say 3 tops hopefully all ghost + mikurage for an item
so basicly, you want them to get rid of pichu, add gengar and leave it with pika, M2 and gengar?

Top Bottom