• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Fan Art

JOE!

Smash Hero

From left to right:

Berrikeet (grass/fly), Felire (Fire, becomes fire/dark), Seapent (Water/Poison)

*note, 1st two I got to use a digital pen with, seapent unfortunately was scanned in and shopped over by mouse, but this is concept not final art sooo....*

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like the pokemon that actually derive their type from nature instead of taking an animal and making it themed after an element.

Even if it's an exaggeration of the animals ability or misinterpretation.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Oh look. A Fire-type start with flames coming from it's tail. Never seen that one before.
Hey, most of em do :p

That and it's an easy fix to remove ze fire

@Psycho:

Berrikeet's typing comes from the parrot (and eventually bird of paradise's) diet and appearance with the fern theme with the tail and berries

Felire becomes a tiger which is often associated with fierceness and fire in myth, thus fire/dark

Seapent is a sea snake/crate, which are both highly aquatic and venomous

Edit:

vs

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Oh look. A Fire-type start with flames coming from it's tail. Never seen that one before.
I don't see why that's a problem. There are a lot of concepts in Pokémon design that are re-used, and given that that's only one piece of it that's typical of Fire-type starters, it's not like it prevents the design from being original.

Plus, I like the design overall, so I don't really fault it for taking a piece that 3/5 fire starters have used before.

Really, I like all of the designs quite well, JOE!, particularly Berrikeet. Nice job.

Kantrip

Kantplay
1st evo without fire methinks. If it fits beter it could be added to 2nd or 3rd evos.

I love those concepts btw :)

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Think so? Ive got 50/50 opinions on it so far XD

Also that's only the 1st evolution of him
Thats what I meant x3
I love the bobcats design in general, it combines simple with that "pokemon" look you'd hope to see without horribly reeking that "fan art stench" you often see x3

the other two still have the fanart look, but thats easily fixed :b

Personally I love the second evolution for the water^^
The first one...just saying it may need a bit of cleaning up, I see a few sloppy parts, but like the overall design very much~

JOE!

Smash Hero
@Kantrip:
yes, the 2nd and 3rd forms have fire incorporated into them. As someone told me on a chatroom Im on atm, maybe the placement of Felire's fire is bad?

@Charmander:
I actually thought berrikeet was the simplest XD, and unfortunatley I lack Digital pen use atm, so i couldnt fix up seapent as much as I could when I made the 1st two in class :<

And thanks both of you for liking the designs, would you want to see the list I have on docs of the mons?

JOE!

Smash Hero
Big picture dump of various qualities:

An image (again, not final) of Parrodice, final form of Berrikeet. Thinking more needs to be done to the tail?

Sketch of Flarkhan, final evo of Felire

Trippifly, the bug/psy butterfly of the gen and sketches of it's prevos

Sketch of the fighting/ground line of the gen, based upon clay men, demons and cattle skulls found in the desert

Sketch of the Psychic/Poison line of the gen. They are based primarily on mankind / modern life: using their psychic powers as they evolve more and more and ignoring their body's health in favor of using their powers to do all their dirty work (such as moving and feeding). Also have low attention spans

Sketches of Hydromb, the heatran/darkrai esque legendary pokemon based on the Hydrogen Bomb testing at the Bikini Atoll.

thoughts on the designs?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

An image (again, not final) of Parrodice, final form of Berrikeet. Thinking more needs to be done to the tail?

Sketch of the fighting/ground line of the gen, based upon clay men, demons and cattle skulls found in the desert

Sketch of the Psychic/Poison line of the gen. They are based primarily on mankind / modern life: using their psychic powers as they evolve more and more and ignoring their body's health in favor of using their powers to do all their dirty work (such as moving and feeding). Also have low attention spans

Sketches of Hydromb, the heatran/darkrai esque legendary pokemon based on the Hydrogen Bomb testing at the Bikini Atoll.

thoughts on the designs?
That last one looks like an Elite on Halo lol But, yeah, nice work.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo

Love the route you went with this guy, and the mask-esque face really adds a nice touch. One thing you could do is change the color of the color of that circle at the base of the tail, it feels like it doesnt belong the same shade as the leaves, try changing it to like either red or a dark green, I think it would look right for some reason xD
The leaves themselves are fine as is, if you added any more it would get overgaudy and look weird, your good to go~

I like this one very much, its simple yet satisfying (also, I love that pencil style you used, reminds me of my own doodles, so its easy to critique :p)
Cant wait to see the colored version

Lol'd at the name, I hope you retain and embelish its cartoony-trippy-invader zim feel in future art of this guy, it really suits him

also, first prevo, all I could say was "touch fuzzy, get dizzy"

Probably the only skull head ground type pokemon that I can say doesnt look like a 100% rip off of cubone, but I'd have to say to watch out on the last one as it bears a strikingl resemblance to conkeldurr...
I do live the designs, and how you pulled them off differently than the cubone line while still having skull heads

I like the idea, but I'm a bit ifffy on this one..it just feels weird looking at it for some reason..well the first one isnt, but the others are, I think its their eyes that throw me off a bit..maybe thats just me though *shrugs*

I like this guy, though he does remind me of something out of transformers (more the movie than original cartoon)
also, a legendary pokemon with explosion, you evil evil little man....

thoughts on the designs?
Responses written in orange, overall, nice work, now make a quetzalcoatl legendary, that would make my life x3

JOE!

Smash Hero
both quetzoqoatl (mastcot uber) and gukumatz (another feathered serpent) are currently ubers

along with the dirowong

edit @ Hydromb:

he also has a signature move and ability:

Irradiate: Special-Poison

Power: 250 , Acc: 75%

Ignores defenses, but the user must recharge after use

~~~

Ability: Fallout

Upon defeat, the pokemon leaves a toxic cloud that mimics 2 layers of toxic spikes

~~~

He is meant t represent death / technology / man, and has a counterpart in Rejuveux, a grass/psy that represents magic/nature/life, she also has the ability Life force:

The pokemon and it's team are under the constant effects of the leftovers item until the user is feinted.

[collapse=stats of each]

Hydromb: Steel/Poison: 87/103/115/135/45/115

Rejuveux: Grass/Psychic: 135/45/115/87/115/103

[/collapse]

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Oh seriously? :D
sweeeeet :D
both quetzoqoatl (mastcot uber) and gukumatz (another feathered serpent) are currently ubers

along with the dirowong

edit @ Hydromb:

he also has a signature move and ability:

Irradiate: Special-Poison

Power: 250 , Acc: 75%

Ignores defenses, but the user must recharge after use

~~~

Ability: Fallout

Upon defeat, the pokemon leaves a toxic cloud that mimics 2 layers of toxic spikes

~~~

He is meant t represent death / technology / man, and has a counterpart in Rejuveux, a grass/psy that represents magic/nature/life, she also has the ability Life force:

The pokemon and it's team are under the constant effects of the leftovers item until the user is feinted.

[collapse=stats of each]

Hydromb: Steel/Poison: 87/103/115/135/45/115

Rejuveux: Grass/Psychic: 135/45/115/87/115/103

[/collapse]

JOE!

Smash Hero

Sundacine, the "lucario" of the gen, a Normal Type, his scrappy ability allows him to have unresited coverage (he learns a few fightign moves), whereas his Pack hunter ability raises attacking stats when on the same team as another pokemon with either the same egg group/body type

his design is based off Aborigonee/Tribal warriors, and the Thylacine, aka Tasmanian Tiger

Stats: 68 / 110 / 68 / 110 / 67 / 102

JOE!

Smash Hero
double post but w/e, fakemon-dump!

(note, these are all doodle-quality lol)

[collapse=Rodent]

Bandil [normal] and Bandiby [normal], the "rattata" arhcetype of the gen, based upon Kangaroo Mouses, Bandicoots, and Bilbies (google last one lol).

Theyre known for their speed and knack for hoarding shiny objects, even stealing them from other pokemon or trainers!

Bandil: 25 / 50 / 30 / 20 / 35 / 90
Bandiby: 55 / 75 / 60 / 50 / 65 / 110

Abilities: Pickpocket, Run Away, DW: Agile (The faster the user is than the foe, the more accuracy and evasion are raised)

Design: not sure if it's -too- basic or not...
[/collapse]

[collapse=Bird]

Peawi [normal/flying] and Bossowary [fighting/flying] are the generic birds of the gen, based on what else: Kiwis and Cassowarys

Peawi are placid generally, and dont fight unless they have to. When they evolve however, they gain a brand new attitude and take on anything that enters their territory.

Peawi: 50 / 60 / 49 / 38 / 30 / 38
Bossowary: 70 / 110 / 65 / 68 / 65 / 82

Abilities: Guts, Tangled Feet, DW: Apathetic (Doesn't suffer from any Status Ailments(including Sleep/Freeze), but still HAS them.)

Design: Im actually pretty content with them design wise, just need to decide on color and if Bossowary's crest has gender diffs
[/collapse]

[collapse=Beetles]

Mallarval [Bug], and it's branching evos (from left to right): Beelbomb [Bug/Fire], Beelceros [Bug/Steel] and Beelgris [Bug/Ground], based on a beetle larva as well as the Bombadier, Rhinoceros and Tiger beetles.
It evolves based on which stat(s) are highest by lvl 22, like the Hitmons: Attk/SpA for Bomb, Def/SpD for Ceros, and Speed for Gris.

Mallarval are greatly influenced by their surrounding, and will adapt accordingly upon evolution into one of 3 recorded forms to suit their needs.

Mallarval: 50 / 50 / 50 / 50 / 50 / 50
Beelgris: 70 / 80 / 75 / 80 / 75 / 110
Beelceros: 70 / 75 / 105 / 75 / 105 / 60
Beelbomb: 70 / 100 / 65 / 100 / 65 / 90

Abilities:
Mallarval: Impressionable (double EV gain), Pick-Up
Beelgris: Sand Rush, Sand Force
Beelceros: Herd Instinct (Defense + SpDef form of Sundacine's Pack Hunter), Sturdy
Beelbomb: Adaptability, Flash Fire
DW (shared): Mutate (Each new generation of the pokemon has more extreme versions of the last's EVs or Nature)

Design: I like what I did with Ceros, but the other two may need tweaking... as well as Mal's face...

[/collapse]

[collapse=Rock]

Oopal [rock], Opalace [rock/psychic], Opalecens [rock/psychic]. Based on Opals and eventually, boomerangs :p

The opals dont mind living in dark places, but unlike many other rock-types actually live out in the open away from caves, but their reflective bodies allow them to spelunker for new stones to add to their bodies on occasion.

Oopal: 38 / 45 / 53 / 56 / 50 / 38
Opalace: 51 / 75 / 60 / 84 / 59 / 61
Opalecens: 62 / 99 / 70 / 115 / 69 / 100

Abilities: Levitate , Reflection (50% chance to send back non-contact attacks for 1/2 damage), DW: Clear Body

Design: Same deal as Peawi line, just need to decide on how simple or complex the color scheme will be
[/collapse]

UberMario

Smash Master
Before reading the description for the fourth Pokemon set, I thought that it was an ice-tyle evolutionary line that weilds two hockey sticks in it's final form. lol

By the way, that beetle line sure looks familiar:

UberMario said:
Maggy -Maggot -Bug
[Maggot] (A cream yellow, large, maggot]
Exopod -Chrysalis -Bug
[Hexapod + Exoskeleton] (A Beetle Chrysalis, which is shaped like a shield)
Bombeattle -Bombadier Beetle -Bug/Fire (Expod evo if High Offense)
[Bombadier Beetle + Battle] (A orange and black beetle that can shoot fire from behind)
Beeturbo -Tiger Beetle -Bug/Ground (Expodo evo if High Speed)
[Beetle + Turbo] (An extremely fast beetle)
Bugtalion -Rhinoceros Beetle -Bug/Steel (Exopod evo if High Defense)
[Bug + Battalion] (A tank-like bug with a horn)

JOE!

Smash Hero
Before reading the description for the fourth Pokemon set, I thought that it was an ice-tyle evolutionary line that weilds two hockey sticks in it's final form. lol

By the way, that beetle line sure looks familiar:
*looks at quote*

oh damn wow.... XD

Great minds think alike eh? :awesome:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Nevermind. I was prying at the prospect of you basing them on The Beatles. Anyways, I really appreciate the design approach you've taken with your latest Fakémon. You're getting really good at this.

:phone:

JOE!

Smash Hero
Haha, thanks. Oh, btw, you never got back to me on helping with the fakemon... the list is actually complete as of now concept wise, we just need pics (duh), assigning of abilities and movepools <.<

edit: wonder if I should make a thread of it here.... or just add it all to the SWF Dex (which has been inactive since trying to revive it... again)

Spire

III
BRoomer
To be honest, aside from really getting caught up with school, I was turned off by the nigh completion of your dex with probable reluctance to change. I hate not having a say in the concept development stages, though that's besides the point. It's your project, not mine. I am very particular when it comes to such things. As a result, I am slowly pacing work around a fakedex that a friend of mine and I are devising. He too is an artist so it could actually happen! We're shooting for 100 fakemon first.

Top Bottom