• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

pkmn110889

Smash Cadet
i know what theme r u talking about, the opening theme or what? do the older versions have opening themes, idr.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Ugh, just found the picture of the new female trainer. Ugh. Why do they like making ******** characters? Bring back Crystal.

And I remember that Skateboard rumour, was a popular one from back when GS was coming out.

Famous

Smash Champion
Yeah, they actually made hacks where you ride a skateboard now...

Crystal was decent...The 1st pokemon game that had pokemon battle animations...I wonder how they will add 3rd and 4th gen pokemon into this game...

I smell a pal park..Either this or completing the regular dex to get the national, making them appear in the wild...

M.K

Level 55
Ugh, just found the picture of the new female trainer. Ugh. Why do they like making ******** characters? Bring back Crystal.

And I remember that Skateboard rumour, was a popular one from back when GS was coming out.
It wasn't a rumor back in G/S Beta. Screenshots with skateboard travel were present in the Beta version of G/S, but did not make it into the actual game.
Tis a shame.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master

No, they should do that either. Crystal was rediculous looking herself, with physics bending hair.

They should just start from scratch.

What's with the Japanese and unnaturally colored hair that disobeys the laws of physics?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Crystal was cute though. And she was drawn in anime fashion.

This new character isn't completely awful. I just hate how generic she is.I understand why they created this character I just think they went about it the wrong way. When G/S/C first came out games were still seen as a "boy thing" so Crystal was more of a tom boy to reperesent the girls who would be playing at that time (or so they thought). Now the female desgins are ultra feminine (Dawn/pink,pink,pink,pink) so as to appeal to girls. That's all this new character is, she's supposed to be a cute trainer to appeal to young girls.

I just don't think the designers did a good job of conveying that though. Tacky fashion is still tacky even if it's pink.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I just saw the female trianer, oh god............... It will be the first time scince Gold that I will play the male dude again. I might have to name him Hiro like the original GS.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Doesn't one of the pokemon manuels/games explicitely suggest you choose a protagonist of your own gender anyway?
So what...? I mean, they do, but they would probably suggest I don't hack to get event Pokemon I don't feel like driving 45 minutes to get. It doesn't really affect your experience much either way if you pick the opposite gender, it's basically just for fun or if you hate the male design.

all i know, is that i think it would be better if they would let u gain experience from the battle frontier and battler tower, any other opinions out there?
It would be hard to implement, but I do have to agree that it's semi-annoying to not gain experience from it.

What theme?
I believe the bicycle theme is the one they are referring to.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
While I do love the idea of a skateboard, I can see why they ultimately chose against it.

Really, have you ever tried riding a skateboard on anything besides pavement?

Also, I'm wondering if they're going to actually animate the Pokemon like they did in Crystal, or just give everyone 2 sprites and warp them around.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
While I do love the idea of a skateboard, I can see why they ultimately chose against it.

Really, have you ever tried riding a skateboard on anything besides pavement?

Also, I'm wondering if they're going to actually animate the Pokemon like they did in Crystal, or just give everyone 2 sprites and warp them around.
Does that mean no hover bikes either?

Why is it that Orre is the only place that has hoverbikes?

pkmn110889

Smash Cadet
Does that mean no hover bikes either?

Why is it that Orre is the only place that has hoverbikes?
oh yeah i totally forgot about the orre region in pokemon colosseum. those hoverbikes were awesome, and why did they change the bicycle in diamond. what happened to the bunny hopping and wheelies from R/S/E?????:ohwell:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Man, I can't wait for Red Gyarados.

EDIT: For the record, I like the new female trainer's design. While she does seem to fit better in the Sinnoh games (while the Sinnoh female trainer seems to fit better in HG and SS), I think the design is rather unique. Props to Ninty!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
That is one of the reasons why Crystal is my favorite pokemon game so far. They weren't lazy with "animated" Sprites. :(

pkmn110889

Smash Cadet
i hope after u beat it you can go to kanto like you could in crystal cuz that kept me entertained longer
i just beat platinum and now i really wish i could go to other regions cuz i have like nothing to do
i totally agree, they should totally bring that back, i liked visiting both regions. and i was going to buy platinum, but i was like nah, i already have diamond and my sister has pearl so thats enough

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
i totally agree, they should totally bring that back, i liked visiting both regions. and i was going to buy platinum, but i was like nah, i already have diamond and my sister has pearl so thats enough
I thought that was a given.

Having a Silver and Gold remake without Kanto is like having Platinum without the battle area, FR/LG without the Sevii Islands, or Emerald without the Battle Frontier. Half of what drives sales of the multiple pokemon remakes is fan service to the original fans; without that, you have a lot of angry fans.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Any one know if they are going to add new moves to the game yet when this comes out.
They didn't add new moves to firered and leafgreen...

They probably will just have different move tutors

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Doesn't one of the pokemon manuels/games explicitely suggest you choose a protagonist of your own gender anyway?
I don't care what the manual says.

My decision is mainly based on overhead sprite, but back sprite can become involved in it to. IMO, Kris had the best overhead sprite in Crystal. Evar. I'd put Blue (in FR/LG) next. Then comes Brendan and the rest.

As long as this one doesn't look completely bad, like Lucas', then I'm fine with the design.

As for back sprites.. meh. Most of the time you're just looking at the pokemon, not the trainer.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
What about Frenzy Plant, Hydro Cannon, and Blast Burn?
They were known of well before FR/LG was announced. AFAIK there aren't any unobtainable moves in DPP.

Ninty's trademarked Heart Gold and Soul Silver in the US, so no name change.

Not too much has changed from Gold other than his shorts (which better still be comfy and easy to wear)
Still prefer Kris over the new girl :urg:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Meh, I'm going to pick Gold as the main character anyways.
Though I do prefer Kristal over the new girl. :ohwell:

For the Cristal features with Suicune, maybe they can do something like FR/LG; let's say that the dog that counters your starter is the main focus for those parts of the game, or something like that. Considering that the character you don't choose is supposedly going to have a supportive role in the game I'm not going to throw out the idea of somewhat major changes to events in the story, like the involvement of the dogs. It's been so long since I've played GSC from the beginning though so I really don't remember a lot of what happens.

They may use these games for Pokemon that have become somewhat unattainable as well. With the DSi you can't use the Pal Park, the birds from Kanto are now roaming Sinnoh but there are still other legendary pokemon and the starters that cannot be caught without pal park which may or may not be in HG/SS. Yeah, many people still have the original DS or a DS lite so it's not that big of a deal, but with the legendary birds in Sinnoh and how FR/LG handled unattainable Pokemon it's not that big of a stretch.

Speculation aside, I can't wait to hear Lance's and Red's battle theme updated. ^_^

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Hmm, he does look better than the new female trainer. I'll stick to my own gender this time. >.>

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
lol you never play as your own gener
Well, only on my Sapphire and Pokemon Platinum because I'm a fan of those characters and Dawn's winter appeal is awesome. Hmm, if I know the HG/SS character more better or if she has a good character then I will start as her, though it doesn't look high this time... though the fan art does want me to pick her. =P

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Some Japanese fan art... that make her similar to Mario in a way, a character I'm a fan of. =3

pkmn110889

Smash Cadet
does anyone know if they r going to put the gender differences between pokemon, not if like it makes a difference tho.???

pkmn110889

Smash Cadet
only difference gender ever makes is in breeding and gender based moves
oh yeah i didn't explain myself, i meant the difference in appearance u know like bigger horn or whatever. i only saw the difference in like 20 pokemon all the others look exactly the same. lazy

GodFed

Smash Apprentice
Gender diffs? chances are, they will, since they already did a few for Diamond/ Pearl (according to Serebii, 1/5 of the pokemon have gender difs in d/p)

I'm just glad that they're finally remaking G/S. If anything, those are the ones to redo graphically. They were probably the best ones I ever played. Not to mention it'd be cool to see what new story twists, if any, GameFreak and Nintendo shove in there.

pkmn110889

Smash Cadet
Gender diffs? chances are, they will, since they already did a few for Diamond/ Pearl (according to Serebii, 1/5 of the pokemon have gender difs in d/p)

I'm just glad that they're finally remaking G/S. If anything, those are the ones to redo graphically. They were probably the best ones I ever played. Not to mention it'd be cool to see what new story twists, if any, GameFreak and Nintendo shove in there.
im also glad they r remaking them, the first pokemon game i bought was gold, but i think they should remake yellow, i mean having pikachu walk with out and you checking to c if it is happy or not, kinda cool.

GodFed

Smash Apprentice
i mean having pikachu walk with out and you checking to c if it is happy or not, kinda cool.
Yeah, and it appears that they're allowing your starter to walk behind you, like in Yellow. maybe they'll have some other function other than 'check its mood', you know?
What I'm hoping is that you can choose which poke's behind you, not just your starter. you know, any poke, whether evolved, or newly hatched (not eggs, I suppose...but hey)

pkmn110889

Smash Cadet
Yeah, and it appears that they're allowing your starter to walk behind you, like in Yellow. maybe they'll have some other function other than 'check its mood', you know?
What I'm hoping is that you can choose which poke's behind you, not just your starter. you know, any poke, whether evolved, or newly hatched (not eggs, I suppose...but hey)
yup, yup that would great, and it would be cool if u could say the attacks into the microphone instead of using the touchscreen or pushing the a button,

Top Bottom