• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Solo Challenges.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

Alright my current status. I am having a hell of a lot of trouble in the eterna gym. *Shudders* so many grass types and only one horsea. It was so hard getting past all the other trainers. Especially the girl on the right of the clock. She kept using stun spore on my horsea and I kept using smokescreen on those **** budews. She kept using absorb on me and I had to ****ing keep buying more super potions to keep my **** health up...

EDIT: You know, somebody needs to put up a strategy guide for solo runs because it is extremely hard to defeat gardenia with just a horsea. I mean Turtwig is pretty easy as it just uses Sunny Day and Relfect for the first 2 turns which gives me some free time to defeat it if you high enough level and if you have enough speed, you can just defeat him easily before it uses razor leaf on you, but cherrim is so **** hard because of magic leaf and grass knot...

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I saw my brother's lonely copy of Red version sitting next to my GBC today, so I figured eh, why not.

Game: Red
Pokemon: Nindoran (f) (Nicknamed Fat Stacks)
Caught at: lv 3
Current Level: lv 15
Trainer: Red
Badges: 0

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I decided to use Poochyena for fun in Ruby.

Game: Ruby
Pokemon: Poochyena (Nicknamed: Snoopy)
Caught at: Lv. 2
Current Level: Lv. 9
Trainer: Tery
Badges: 0

-Terywj

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Groan I am still trying to beat the eterna gym gym leader. I swear I am a lvl 32 and I still can't beat the **** woman... grrrr **** her and her cherrim!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Are you sure we can't evolve pokemon? If I could evolve Horsea I could probably win the **** battle

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
@terywj I know how you feel my friend I know how you feel. If I were lets say a rock type or something thats normal against grass types, I would have to be at at least lvl 15-20 or so. But, since I had to choose the pokemon that is weak against grass, I am at lvl 32 now... well that and since I don't have to spread the exp amongst pokemon, I guess thats another reason why Im so high leveled.

I am probably gonna die at the Sunnyshore gym -_-

Again are you sure we can't evolve the **** pokemon?

Halle-****ing-luja

lvl 37 and I beat the eterna gym. **** so ****ing hard. I swear I have spent all afternoon leveling up just to be in league with these guys!!!

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
UPDATE V.01

Game: Platinum
Pokemon: Zubat (ALUCARD) Male, Level 26
Trainer: INTEGRA
Rival: ANDRSON
Badges: 1
Status: Abusing the Muk out of Cheryl to get easy EXP without PC stops or the need for items.

Next two gyms are going to be pieces of cake. After that, FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUU

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Game: Sapphire
Pokemon: Castform (Sho) Male, Level 20
Trainer: Megumi

I don't know how much I'll be keeping up with this run, as I actually started it a few weeks ago and haven't touched it since a few days afterward (yay TWEWY), but I'll finish it eventually.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Game: Gold
Pokemon: Spinarak (Widow), Female
Level 68
Trainer: Writer
Rival: Reader
Badges: 8

So I guess this means I'm off to Kanto...?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Its funny, thanks to all that leveling I did at gardenia's I now have a horsea circa lvl 45 when im only in the 3rd gym XD. I hope sunnyshore gets easier...

Anyways I defeated the Hearthome gym, but the mismagious was a bit of trouble since it kept using Magical Leaf... But easy none the less

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Oh well Ive limited myself to atleast 1 TM, which would be Ice Beam... its a pain having to face Grass Types when you have no defense.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Game: Sapphire
Pokemon: Castform (Sho) Male, Level 20
Trainer: Megumi

I don't know how much I'll be keeping up with this run, as I actually started it a few weeks ago and haven't touched it since a few days afterward (yay TWEWY), but I'll finish it eventually.
Yay i'm happy someone did this. I was going to but I noobed out with Lunatone. I just beat the sootpoolis gym, and I'm bored lol. I think I'm going to try silver with teddiursa :D

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I must say, Ecruteak City is probably the cruelest place for solo Pokemon challenges. ._. This is my second time during a solo challenge where I've taken on Morty, and I had to rely on luck to beat him both times...

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
ditto solo run

someone do it
(As stated before) Mood4Food?!

I must say, Ecruteak City is probably the cruelest place for solo Pokemon challenges. ._. This is my second time during a solo challenge where I've taken on Morty, and I had to rely on luck to beat him both times...
That's because you're using Jigglypuff, aren't you?

-Terywj

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
That's because you're using Jigglypuff, aren't you?

-Terywj
Game: Gold
Pokemon: Spinarak (Widow), Female
Level 48
Trainer: Writer
Rival: Reader
Badges: 6

Because Spinarak is such a beast. :3
It kinda got covered up after a few other people posted I guess. The Jigglypuff run-through was deleted by a friend of mine a while back, so when this thread got revived I decided to do a Spinarak run-through instead. Morty is difficult because his team consists entirely of Curse and Hypnosis users, and they're all relatively fast. At lvl 43, my Spinarak couldn't outspeed his Gengar without Quick Claw, so I had to use that and hope for Hypnosis misses to beat him before being murdered by the Curse that was ripping out 1/4th of my health every turn. I had the same issues with Jigglypuff, although Jigglypuff couldn't even outspeed the first Gastly. It was admittedly easier with Jigglypuff as well though, because the Haunters couldn't Night Shade her and she could actually OHKO all of them (which Spinarak couldn't).

I keep on forgetting to take pictures when I need to, so they're a little late on what they're supposed to represent (beating Jasmine and catching Red Gyarados). ._.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

My horsea and HM slaves. Asking why my turtwig evolved? Well... double battles on the road have made me level it up... I just caught finneon recently and Staravia was caught when I needed a fly slave ^^

HM moves for each

Grottle:
Rock Smash
Cut

Finneon: Surf

Staravia: Fly

Im planning on giving grottle defog when I find it

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Wait. Don't you mean Staravia?

And an update to my run.

Poochyena is now level 20. I'm going to battle Roxanne.

Oh, and I accidentally evolved it, but I'm too lazy to go back and redo all that crap.

-Terywj

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I've been thinking of doing a ditto run after I'm done with Horsea... and maybe post it up on youtube, but I need a timer of the sorts to be able to be within the time limit

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
UPDATE:

It's Elite Four time. :) I'm not quite there, but all I have to do is make it through the route of trainers on the way to the Elite Four and through Victory Road, and it'll be done. Of course, I'm not stopping with the Elite Four. I'm also taking on all of Kanto with my faithful Spinarak, and ultimately Red as well. This is simply going to be the biggest moment for it, as I remember my level 92 Umbreon back in the days of my youth having trouble with the Elite Four during a solo run-through of just them. Should be interesting seeing how it holds up, considering it's nigh impossible for me to also grind in this game now (seriously, everything is like level 20-30...).

As for stats and such, it's level 60 and knows Psychic, Night Shade, Leech Life, and Fury Swipes. No TMs have been used yet (and aren't planned to be). It has 149 HP, 102 Attack, 91 Defense, 82 Special Attack, 82 Special Defense, and 80 Speed. I have no clue if all that can hold up against the Elite Four, but I figure trying's all that can be done at this point?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Night Shade will be epically useful I assume. GO WRITER!

Game: Ruby
Pokemon: Mightyena (Tiffany) (F) Lv. 22
Status: Spamming Aron+Makuhita for Brawly. I have Exp. Share so i'sallgood. Hopefully.

I can't provide pics since I'm doing this on my DS Lite.

-Terywj

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hey guys, when Im done with this, what solo run should I do next? I was thinking of doing either Magikarp or Ditto...

I wish you were allowed to actually evolve the pokemon you do the run with...

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I accidentally evolved my Poochyena while training. I forgot what level it evolved and then had to be away for what I thought was only a minute. Turned out to be around 10 minutes and when I came back I had a Mightyena.

-Terywj

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ohh I feel sorry, thank god Im aware that Horsea evolves at lvl 32. I think I might screw up though one of these days. The little vermin won't leave me alone each level it gains. **** evolution animation!!! I really need to find an Everstone quickly. Where DO you get those?

Top Bottom