• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Solo Challenges.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well lets see. Right now, I just caught Giratina as my HM slave, but I already said that. I am on my way to Sunnyshore for another grueling level up spam and after that, it should be smooth sailing from then on...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hell, I needed grinding when I was in the Snowpoint gym! That **** Abomasnow kept using wood hammer on me and I kept fainting :mad:

Plus most electric types focus on speed if I'm not mistaken, which my Horsea is severly lacking...

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Mightyena is not at Lavaridge Town yet. I just finished clearing up the few trainers south of the Meteor Falls exit and am going to sweep around back to Mt. Chimney to fight Maxie.

Mightyena is lv.40.

-Terywj

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Game: Platinum
Pokemon: Zubat (ALUCARD) Male, Level 51
Trainer: INTEGRA
Rival: ANDRSON
Badges: 5
Status: Spraying poison on the Psyducks to make them go away.

My "team":

Since I haven't talked about much in detail yet, and haven't taken any "in action" screen caps, I'll give a quick rundown of the gyms:

1st (Rock): Flinchafusion bite bite LOL CRANIDOS DIES FROM CONFUSION WHILE MY ZUBAT'S FAINTED

2nd (Grass): Wing attack wing attack wing a-OMG I TOOK A HIT AHHH-potion wing attack

3rd (Ghost): Bite bite flinchax bite UH OH MISDREAVOUS OUTSPEEDS ME oh well confusehax bite

4th (Fighting): Wing attack wing attack wing atta-METAL CLAW DOES HOW MUCH-potion potion confuse ray wing attack potion wing attack

5th (Water): GYARADOS OMG switch switch back confusehax poisonfang potion potion potion DAMMIT ICE FANG confuse ray potion wing attack revive confuse ray wing attack wing attack wing attack

And to come:

6th (Steel): WAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

7th (Ice): ICE SHARD LOL

8th (Electric): STATIC THUNDERBOLT GG

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
You play solo runs much differently than I do. ._. When I take on gyms and the like I put away all my HM slaves beforehand. That way when my guy faints, it's all over. It also means I have to overcome things like Gyarados's Intimidate and Pokemon who abuse Sand-Attack, as I can't just switch out and get rid of it all.

But that's just me comparing details. Go along how you do. ^.^

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You play solo runs much differently than I do. ._. When I take on gyms and the like I put away all my HM slaves beforehand. That way when my guy faints, it's all over. It also means I have to overcome things like Gyarados's Intimidate and Pokemon who abuse Sand-Attack, as I can't just switch out and get rid of it all.

But that's just me comparing details. Go along how you do. ^.^
I do that too!

Except that in my last gym I forgot to put them away...

Updates:

Nothing... I haven't played since 2 days ago. I have guitar lessons and I come home pretty late... plus since I'm hyped over SS my enthusiasm over Platinum has faded a bit....

But, I will finish it sometime this week I hope

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
I only do it because I'm too lazy to train my Pokemon for 20+ levels. >.< Like, his Gyarados' Waterfall was a 2 or 3HKO on my Zubat, so I would basically have to pray for flinchafusion hax on every turn, which I don't like to do. It's going to be even worse against Byron, whose Pokemon wall all of my attacks, can't be poisoned, have insanely high defenses, and all have attacks that are super-effective against me. And it was unfun the times I tried it without abusing HM slaves, wandering around and spamming A at every encounter for an hour just to beat one gym. <_> I know that's not how you're supposed to do them, but in situations like these, I scrap the honour system as soon as my enjoyment and satisfaction are compromised.

Oh, and the only gyms I really abused HM slaves with were the 1st and 5th, but for the 1st I only used them because I forgot to save recently, which meant another hour of training to get back to where I was, and, well...yeah.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well I guess thats why my Horsea is lvl 70 when most pokemon are about lvl 50 at the sunnyshore gym. Oh goodness gracious, let those people have a billion Raichus because I know for a fat their speed is abysmal.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I cleared Flannery and am now knocking off the gym trainers in Petalburg one by one.

Here's a review of what I did at each gym up to this point:

Roxanne - Bite, Bite, Bite.

Brawly - Got Machop to -6 Accuracy, before using it as a setup bait to get +6 Attack with Howl. Then I poked Makuhita and it died.

Watson - Magneton was a bit more annoying with Thunder Wave but Bite hax was a bit too much.

Flannery - Lol. Dig.

[Current]

Norman - Howl on the turns that Slaking is under Truant, attack with Strength.

Winona - I may or may not give Mightyena Rock Tomb. I'll probably need it, though. Mightyena learns crap.

Tate & Liza - Lol. Crunch.

Wallace - Crunch / Strength.

-Terywj

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
By the time I reach Wallace I'd assume I'll be in my 60's so I'm not going to worry about it all too much.

I just defeated Norman and I'm already lv.47.

-Terywj

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Game: LeafGreen
Pokémon: Level 31 Lax Primape @ Sitrus Berry. Karate Chop, Brick Break, Mega Punch, Rock Tomb
Badges: 3

Hardest part of the gym was the switches.
Pokémon: Level 54 Lax Primape @ Sitrus Berry. Brick Break, Mega Punch, Rock Tomb, Theif

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Since for some reason I can't copy the images on my screen anymore, I'll just give info:

Pokemon: Horsea (SEAHORSE)M
Badges: All
Elite Four: Facing champion right now

Yeah... I'm doing the champ now. Ill post when I finish

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Since for some reason I can't copy the images on my screen anymore, I'll just give info:

Pokemon: Horsea (SEAHORSE)M
Badges: All
Elite Four: Facing champion right now

Yeah... I'm doing the champ now. Ill post when I finish
But for the champ I think you should post up pics.

Yeah, I Googled it.
Ahaha, alright.

-Terywj

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Okay haha. I'm not going to lie I was pretty darn worried that you couldn't tell between a boy / girl for a second.

Glad to see it was only a typo.

-Terywj
Obviously my parents have been teaching me the evils of dating. Masturbation is a sin, looking at other women is a sin, actually calling a woman a woman is a sin... :p

Or I could simply be bi-curious ;)

I'm not actually by curious XD)

EDIT: Well Cynthia beat me... dammit we were each on our last pokemon when I got beat :mad: Oh well I'll start elite four again tomorrow. I'm to lazy to do it now

AWW GREAT! Even more bad news! I was gonna level Horsea up since I saw that it was like one battle away from the next level so when I level it up, I had to leave for a moment and I saw that it was a Seadra when I came back.... does it count if I accidentally evolve it? I mean I spent the entire game with it as a Horsea and evolved only by the elite four :'(

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
:'( For some reason my emu saved by itself and now I'm stuck with this ****ty Seadra... man I don't even want to play this anymore because if I win it'll probably be because I got a power boost from Seadra... unless I make my own pokemon in pokesav and use that

but then you guys wouldn't trust that I put legitimate stats on the thing

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking of doing one of these with Pearl and I was just curious about the accepted standard for it. What is normal with regards to TMs and egg moves? Also, what would be a good Pokemon for someone trying a solo run for their first time?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I was thinking of doing one of these with Pearl and I was just curious about the accepted standard for it. What is normal with regards to TMs and egg moves? Also, what would be a good Pokemon for someone trying a solo run for their first time?
I use anything and everything I find. TMs are fair game. I use wild Pokémon mainly because I don't think it's possible to transfer Pokémon on an emulator.
Starters are fairly easy to use. They have good stats and movepool, and are available very early on.
Pokémon: Level 54 Lax Primape @ Sitrus Berry. Brick Break, Mega Punch, Rock Tomb, Theif
Pokémon: Level 71 Lax Primape @ Black Belt. Brick Break, Earthquake, Rock Tomb, Theif
Badges: 8

Accidentally stole a Black Belt from a Machoke, lol.

Lorelei: Swept. Slowbro gave me some trouble, Earthquake was a 3KHO.
Bruno: OHKOd everything but Machamp, who was a 2HKO.
Agatha: Struggled. Thief was a 3-4HKO on Haunter and Gengar. Needed to sacrifice all of my filler Pokémon to heal / reset stats.
Lance: Struggled against Gyarados and Dragonite, Rock Tomb was a 3-4HKO. Wing Attacks hurt, had to sacrifice other Pokemon for healing.
Champion Asshat: Exeguttor was a *****. Stalled out Giga Drain PP with Full Restores, then wore him down with Brick Break after I ran out of Thief PP.

SUCCESS!
A great beginning to my spring break.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
After going through the eterna gym like I did with Horsea, I don't want anything to do with water types for a while.

I'll most likely do a Ditto run though.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I'll do it. On Silver. Yeah, I said it. That means I won't even get access to Bounce for Ghosts like I would if I did it in Platinum, and I'll be completely walled by Morty as he makes me suffer the effects of Hypnosis/Dream Eater/Curse combo.

My motto is basically "If you're going to do something, always do it balls out," so I essentially have to take that challenge.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Get rich, buy a whole bunch of Full Heals/Super Potions/Hyper Potions (or essentially, whatever the strongest potions you can get your hands on are) and PP stall the **** out of him.

Yeah. Should be fun.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
Magikarp would need to be pretty darn overleveled so outstall their Struggle too?

Good luck with that.

-Terywj
i think a super effective/ strong hit can ohko a magikarp even at level 100. aside from that, it would be a pain to garner money to help the struggles with a magikarp

Top Bottom