• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Solo Challenges.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Wild Geodude and Graveler sometimes hold Everstones. As for picking up the stone yourself from the ground or w/e, I don't remember (if it's even possible to find one that way). You could look it up in the ItemDex on serebii

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I just did. It says Snowpoint City for D/P/Pt users.

Mightyena is now lv.25, but still takes a whooping from Makuhita. Even after Intimidate. I'm going to try spamming Sand Attack, and if that doesn't work I'll massively overlevel it.

-Terywj

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I just did. It says Snowpoint City for D/P/Pt users.

Mightyena is now lv.25, but still takes a whooping from Makuhita. Even after Intimidate. I'm going to try spamming Sand Attack, and if that doesn't work I'll massively overlevel it.

-Terywj
Kind of how I did with my Horsea?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Kind of how I did with my Horsea?
Chances are I'll need to do that.

Option 2 is to spam Sand Attack until the enemy has -6 Accuracy, and then slowly whittle their health away while healing with potions.

Option 3 is to stall with potions while abusing Howl to reach +6 Attack. Then obliterate with a mighty Tackle.

-Terywj

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Please do not make any posts unless you are taking a solo challenge and are determined to complete it.​
Game: LeafGreen
Pokémon: Primape, Lax, level 28. Karate Chop, Low Kick, Mega Punch, Rock Tomb.
Badges: 2

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo

Game: FIRE RED
Pokemon Charmander
Level 5(C1065)
Trainer GYPSUM
Rival FAIL
Status just beat rival first time.
Video- up soon.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Grrrrrr... Team Galactic is such a waste of time. Seriously, I am here at lake acuity/verity (whichever lake you go to second for team Galactic) It is so boring. I could be doing gym battles right now :mad:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
You know, once each person is finished with their solo runs, I think the OPer should post the people who've done their runs. Like provide a link that takes them to the solo run stats/condition/whatever. Just an idea

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
If the owner of the OP comes on, anyway. Their last login was early February.

And I'll try to capture something on my webcam of my run.

-Terywj

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Can anyone help me on something? I am stuck on my way to snowpoint because some guy has an electabuzz. I need something that'll give me speed so I can get the strike first. I tried Carbos, but I can't use it on Horsea. I would use X Speed, but I need to get the first hit on the first turn... I would try some berries, but I'm not sure there are any

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Mightyena is now Lv.30 as I approach Mauville. This is semi-bad since I get locked in a situation where Mightyena may not obey me.

Moveset is: Howl / Rock Tomb / Bite / Sand Attack

-Terywj

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
No he isn't, but sometimes it still ignores me from time to time. I have to go all the way Flannery..

I caught Poochyena at Lv.2 outside of Littleroot.

-Terywj

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Pokémon just don't like Tery. He's not a nice trainer, you see.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Dude, the reason why he doesn't obey is not because he traded it, but because you need to get more badges. The more badges you have, the more a higher leveled pokemon will obey you

But Im guessing you guys are being sarcastic and already know this.

Grrrr!!! I am still stuck with that guy who has the **** electabuzz

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Pokémon just don't like Tery. He's not a nice trainer, you see.
I just have never tried solo-runs in a long time, my friend.

Mightyena deserves it for learning no good moves.
While this is true, I think I can manage. Although losing Crunch as it's special in Ruby is a major loss.

But the plus is I get to kill Groudon for experience points!

-Terywj

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792

I had to really go the extra mile for this one , but I finally beat them. This was absurdly hard considering Spinarak's level, and due to a mistake I made in saving when I entered Will's chamber I couldn't back out and grind to a higher level either (I don't let myself white out and return to Pokemon Centers...don't ask why). So instead I had to pull some serious luck out of my *** and mix it with a bit of strategy to get through this alive, and after ohhhhh...at least 50-60 restarts altogether? I finally beat it. I might type out a bit for how the battles had to go in order for this to get done, but it's going to be VERY tl;dr (where two of the fights were miraculously easy, the other three were difficult; with two of those three basically requiring the planets to align in order for me to win). So yeah. Short version though: Will was so insanely hard and frustrating to beat that I'm honestly amazed I made it past him, Koga was easy as heck, Bruno was the same way basically, Karen was relatively hard (Houndoom was...something else), and Lance was just about in the same boat as Will, although admittedly a bit easier.

So far this has been fun all in all. :) Now I just need to get onto Kanto and finish it all out. Should be easier now, but you never know!

@Tery: You should catch the legendaries just for the challenge. ;) I've purposely avoided Ho-Oh in mine, but I'm also not stupid in trying to catch it with a Spinarak when it knows Sacred Fire and has Recover. I'll AT LEAST get to level 100 before I try it. :laugh:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So yeah, anybody help me out with my speed problem?

**** it I still can't beat electabuzz. How many times has it been now? 15 or so?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Dude, the reason why he doesn't obey is not because he traded it, but because you need to get more badges. The more badges you have, the more a higher leveled pokemon will obey you

But Im guessing you guys are being sarcastic and already know this.
Pokemon caught with your name and number as the OT will obey you (or at least SHOULD obey you) no matter how few badges you have.

Also, in case anyone missed it from the page change, my solo run has an update at the bottom of the last page.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Not true. It even says when you earn a badge "Now pokemon Level [insert number here] will obey you"

btw, is that spinirack shiny?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Well their types go like this:

Will: Psychic
Koga: Poison
Bruno: Fighting
Karen: Dark
Lance: Dragon

Considering I have a Spinarak, Will was a major pain in the ***. It wouldn't have been quite as bad if it weren't for two Xatu though, which were the reason why I couldn't just spam Leech Life and hope for the best (although even that didn't work with the rest, admittedly). Koga and Bruno were easy due to Spinarak learning Psychic at level 53. Karen had a Houndoom that could outspeed my Spinarak and almost OHKO it with Flamethrower, and her Umbreon would constantly use Sand-Attack to make it that much harder for me to take it out. Lance had an Aerodactyl with Rock Slide, a Charizard with Flamethrower, and a Dragonite with Fire Blast; the first two also being able to outspeed me and had the ability to 2HKO. So yeah...those were my issues and such, and can tell you at least a bit about them I guess?

EDIT: @roacherman: It says that in all the games, and apart from G/S/C I think I've had at least one Pokemon sitting above those levels at least once before I got the right badge, and they've never disobeyed me. The only time they did is if it was from an in-game trade, such as when I made the trade in Gold for an Onyx once. And it quit obeying me at level 10. Also no, the Spinarak isn't shiny. In Gold and Silver Spinarak was purple for some reason, and its shiny versions were just a lighter shade of purple. They changed it by Crystal though iirc.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Congrats on winning your challenge Writer!

...now go beat Red.

And if you haven't already, go see my newest submissions in the SWF-Dex.

-Terywj

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Anyone know of any easy way to record video and sound? I used Camstudio and Audacity, but it's kind of annoying syncing the audio.

Also, part two (one?) coming in about a half hour.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well their types go like this:

Will: Psychic
Koga: Poison
Bruno: Fighting
Karen: Dark
Lance: Dragon

Considering I have a Spinarak, Will was a major pain in the ***. It wouldn't have been quite as bad if it weren't for two Xatu though, which were the reason why I couldn't just spam Leech Life and hope for the best (although even that didn't work with the rest, admittedly). Koga and Bruno were easy due to Spinarak learning Psychic at level 53. Karen had a Houndoom that could outspeed my Spinarak and almost OHKO it with Flamethrower, and her Umbreon would constantly use Sand-Attack to make it that much harder for me to take it out. Lance had an Aerodactyl with Rock Slide, a Charizard with Flamethrower, and a Dragonite with Fire Blast; the first two also being able to outspeed me and had the ability to 2HKO. So yeah...those were my issues and such, and can tell you at least a bit about them I guess?

EDIT: @roacherman: It says that in all the games, and apart from G/S/C I think I've had at least one Pokemon sitting above those levels at least once before I got the right badge, and they've never disobeyed me. The only time they did is if it was from an in-game trade, such as when I made the trade in Gold for an Onyx once. And it quit obeying me at level 10. Also no, the Spinarak isn't shiny. In Gold and Silver Spinarak was purple for some reason, and its shiny versions were just a lighter shade of purple. They changed it by Crystal though iirc.
Really? because gym battles were impossible for me when my Machoke would disobey me like hell. I couldn't go one move without it doing something else or being a lazy ******* by doing nothing :mad:!!!

Hmmm I couldve sworn that that spinarak was a shiny one....Oh

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ah ok...

Grrrrr... I am still stuck on that **** trainer. It makes me feel inferior to those who have already finished their solo runs

HALLE-MOTHER****ING-LUJA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could just sing right now. The electabuzz had left me with 3 hp left and I killed it off :DDDDDDDDDD Then the hail killed me and I thought it was over, but then I remembered I a revive I just happened to find on the road and I just revived it (and I was on my last HM slave XD) :DDDDDDD!!!DDDDD

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Pokémon: Primape, Lax, level 31. Karate Chop, Brick Break, Mega Punch, Rock Tomb.
Badges: 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d41CIt3zPMo
Pokémon: Level 31 Lax Primape @ Sitrus Berry. Karate Chop, Brick Break, Mega Punch, Rock Tomb
Badges: 3

Hardest part of the gym was the switches.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Does anybody think its pathetic to be using Giratina as an HM slave? I swear I've taken off a few pokemon off my roster because I pumped up Giratina with HMs XD

Top Bottom