• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon X and Y (SPOILERS THREAD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The reason for this clash is because the generations have adopted different artists and creative designers throughout. If we had the same artist throughout the entire series the clash most likely wouldn't be nearly as noticeable.
I thought Ken Sugimori was in charge of that stuff? o.o

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Venusaur already confirmed through a live stream of playing that it has Venusaurite with NO X or Y in it.

Blastoise isn't confirmed, but it's highly unlikely he's getting 2 forms
This is ridiculous. Charizard's just getting special treatment. I mean, I like Charizard, but this is just overkill. He doesn't need two Megas. That should be exclusive to Mewtwo, maybe Deoxys and maybe Mew because, you know, DNA and ****. idunno. This is all annoying.

Also, if those are the actual Spiritzee and Swirlix evos, I'm also disappointed. I was expecting an amazing plague doctor flamingo.

JOE!

Smash Hero
That guy's Instagram got shut down? Also, where are you seeing the Spritzee evo?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
This is ridiculous. Charizard's just getting special treatment. I mean, I like Charizard, but this is just overkill. He doesn't need two Megas. That should be exclusive to Mewtwo, maybe Deoxys and maybe Mew because, you know, DNA and ****. idunno. This is all annoying.

Also, if those are the actual Spiritzee and Swirlix evos, I'm also disappointed. I was expecting an amazing plague doctor flamingo.
Wait for Pokémon Z obv, Megas out the ass!

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I thought Ken Sugimori was in charge of that stuff? o.o

He is, but he's not the one directly designing every Pokemon. The design blueprints are handled by a team of designers while Sugimori is usually in charge of the official designs. The team is what has changed drastically since Gen 1.

The idea that Sugimori has designed every Pokemon from the ground up is actually a myth.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Wait for Pokémon Z obv, Megas out the ***!
Well I saw that coming.
Well, if they want to gain even more money, they'll do XY and XX. Or they could throw us off and do Z and W, which is apparently the same as X and Y genes but for insects, some birds and other animals.

Then they could have Mega W and Mega Z, or Mega XX and Mega XY.

This is just getting crazy now.

Speaking of crazy, rumored evo of Braixen; A Fire/Psychic fox named Delphox

People are yelling fake at it, but we don't know. Same still applies to Greninja.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Venusaur already confirmed through a live stream of playing that it has Venusaurite with NO X or Y in it.

Blastoise isn't confirmed, but it's highly unlikely he's getting 2 forms
What makes Charizard so special? :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Watch, when pokemon Z comes out, ONLY Charizard gets Charizardite Z

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Oh no I just realized that if the luchador hawk is real that means Greninja is likely real as well...
I personally have no problems with that. Hawlucha (I keep wanting to call it Luchawk) is sweet, and I LOVE Greninja, so it's a win-win scenario for me. I mean, sure, the tongue thing is odd, but it's kinda cool at the same time. Maybe that's just because I love the long-tongued Pokemon not named Lickilicky (Lickitung, Golbat, Kecleon and Gastly, but likely forgetting others) and I love super-long scarves.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Oh, hey guys. Remember how I mentioned that Venusaurite didn't have a letter labeled on it?

Apparently neither did the Charizardite. Which means we could still possibly see mega Venusaur X/Y and Mega Blastoise X/Y. How does this make you guys feel?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I find the designs of Delphox and Hawlucha to be too unflattering to be real. Same goes for Greninja. The lines look poorly done, and if my eyes aren't wrong, they've pretty much completely disregarded lighting in various areas of each of them.

I mean I could be wrong and stuff, but I'm just not seeing it.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I just really hope Delphox isn't real. I don't like Hawlucha, but I was actually planning on using Fennekin and...I'm not going to if Delphox is real. I think it would make for a cool Pokemon in another line, but I don't see how a fox fits in a form like that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Oh, hey guys. Remember how I mentioned that Venusaurite didn't have a letter labeled on it?

Apparently neither did the Charizardite. Which means we could still possibly see mega Venusaur X/Y and Mega Blastoise X/Y. How does this make you guys feel?

It depends, I don't really care if certain pokemon get special treatment since that's bound to happen. But if Blastoise gets Water/Steel, just like Charizard gets Fire/Dragon, I'll be happy. As for the Fox and Hawk, I hope they are real too. I like that the final form of the Fox looks quite a bit more gender neutral than Braixen. And the Fire/Physic thing was leaked so long ago that it wasn't that big of a surprise.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I don't care how much any of you hate on Mega Evolutions, Mega Charizard X renders your argument nil. Game over haters, Charizard wins 4ever.

Edit: Also holy ****, Delphox is AWESOME. No idea what starter I'm gonna choose now, though Delphox is taking priority over tongue-scarf.

Edit: Watch Venusaur and Blastoise get Grass/Dragon and Water/Dragon Megavolutions, each resembling their shiny palettes.

I just don't even care what Gamefreak does now, Mega Charizard X is the best gaddang design since Gen !. I've got about three pair of rose-tinted glasses on right now and I don't give a ****. Gen 6 is gonna RULE.

Spire

III
BRoomer
What I enjoy about Mega Evolutions is that in addition to adding new Pokémon to the total dex count, they can expand on existing species in any way they want. See, we once relied on new Pokémon to fulfill our conceptual desires, often finding ourselves disappointed because they weren't what we really wanted (see: Mega Charizard X). From Gen 6 onward, we're effectively getting WAAAAY more Pokémon than ever before. In addition to the new batch of 100-200 creatures, we're getting Mega Evolutions which is basically an excuse for Gamefreak's artists to revisit old Pokémon with new ideas. 100% support for this. My inner child is gleaming! I've never cared for the meta game; never been a competitive Pokémon player, so this is just pure, unbridled awesomeness on every front.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Those crazy kids at Serebii rip the new images from various leakers practically the second they're leaked.

And I post the pics from Serebi. :)

Spire

III
BRoomer
I find the designs of Delphox and Hawlucha to be too unflattering to be real. Same goes for Greninja. The lines look poorly done, and if my eyes aren't wrong, they've pretty much completely disregarded lighting in various areas of each of them.

I mean I could be wrong and stuff, but I'm just not seeing it.

Wasn't there a quote from a Gamefreak dev that said the starters were based on the three main original Final Fantasy classes? Warrior/Knight (Chespin), Black Mage (Fennekin), and Thief/Ninja (Froakie)?

Spire

III
BRoomer
So they are most likely Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting. Awesome, GF is finally using the inverse-secondary-type-trio so each Pokémon is equally strong and weak to the others. ****in' balance is GLORIOUS.

Though I suppose they could end up being Grass/Fighting, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Dark, which would be the exact opposite of the inverse type triad. Either way, no more Fire/Fighting!

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I didn't say I have extensive experience. It just looks poor to me, and the other in-game pictures I've seen for things didn't look poor by any means. That's all.

I also find it a little odd that no one has spoiled Chespin's final evo.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
So they are most likely Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting. Awesome, GF is finally using the inverse-secondary-type-trio so each Pokémon is equally strong and weak to the others. ****in' balance is GLORIOUS.

Though I suppose they could end up being Grass/Fighting, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Dark, which would be the exact opposite of the inverse type triad. Either way, no more Fire/Fighting!
Sorry to burst your Bubblebeam...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I didn't say I have extensive experience. It just looks poor to me, and the other in-game pictures I've seen for things didn't look poor by any means. That's all.

I also find it a little odd that no one has spoiled Chespin's final evo.
I think everybody's too scared to even see what it is after the weirdness of Quilladin.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Oh lord so Greninja is indeed real... but its water/dark... which means Chespin...

Grass fighting?? Breloom 2.0 lets go.

If its just pure grass looks like I'm sticking with Fennekin.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Greninja is real! YES! I'm so glad. Definitely picking Brokie as my starter. I mean, come on! It's a ninja frog! Glad I stuck with him the whole way.

Now I'm curious as to what Quilladin evolves into.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Greninja is real! YES! I'm so glad. Definitely picking Brokie as my starter. I mean, come on! It's a ninja frog! Glad I stuck with him the whole way.

Now I'm curious as to what Quilladin evolves into.

Ninja Frog does look pretty beastly. I don't know why people have such a big issue with the tongue. Still I'm going to stick with Fox Wizard, since the final form looks cooler than I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom