• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll: Have you been to a Brawl tournament? (*Everyone Answer!*)

Have you ever been to an in person Brawl Tournament?

• Of Course!

Votes: 368 53.5%
  • Not yet, but I plan to make one in the future

Votes: 223 32.4%
  • Nope and do not plan on it, but have been to a Melee tournament

Votes: 27 3.9%
  • Nope and probably wont

Votes: 70 10.2%

• Total voters

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
Yeah, had a tournament that I organised yesterday (Friday 21st of November). It was such a fiasco. We managed to get in all the games, except for some people who didn't show up... but otherwise...organisation was a shambles and it took an hour longer than expected.
It was reasonably fun, but I am NOT organising another tournament any time soon.

K 2

Smash Lord
I don't have the means to drive myself to the closest major tourney (few hundred miles away?), and my parents definitely wouldn't drive me so far just to play video games. However, I do plan to host a tournament for a Mu Alpha Theta fundraiser during the spring of '08.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Tournies are amazing, if anyone likes brawl enough and is willing to get owned the first time around I'd strongly suggest going to one.

Son1x-

Smash Apprentice
Not yet and probably won't. There aren't any good in person brawl tournaments around, no wait, there aren't any at all.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
I've gone to three singles tournaments (in which I placed 4th, 3rd, and 2nd, chronologically) and a doubles tournament that I won. I used Ike for the singles, and Ganondorf for the doubles. I lost all of the singles because of inexperience fighting those characters, as well as the fact that they were bad matchups (Olimar, Falco, Snake). None of them were big, but they were tournaments...

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but only one.

I'd love to go to more, but being a college student in Cookeville makes it almost impossible. The Brawl community here is pretty much non existent, even by Tennessee standards.

towelie892

Smash Cadet
I've only been to two, but they were at my school. I can't find any other tournaments in the Cleveland area until several weeks after they happen...it's annoying.

Carbonated

Smash Cadet
Haven't been to any. They are usually at a bad time, and I find there is a lack of tournament in the GTA in Ontario. besides, my parents won't let me go. Maybe when I'm 16 I can go.

I hate being 15 >_<

Edit: well I have been to a tournament, but it was a school one. It was horrible. Everything noobie you could think of (mainly kirbys spamming final cutter and brick thing) were there.

The Game II

Smash Champion
I voted yes of course. I was hoping for an option of "Yes but as a spectator only" since I haven't actually played in a Brawl tournament.

--GCII

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
My area is garbage for tournaments; always has been, always will be. The last tournament I went to was a Melee tournament in 2003. This is the big reason that I not only host online tournaments but am a frequent participant of them as well.

SYLAR

Smash Rookie
I've been to a few tournies, and always had great experiences, despite the few jerks that take it too seriously.

pinkvishnu

Smash Rookie
Well, I went to the tournament my college held, but there were only 17 people, and it was hardly official, so I'm counting that as a "no."

Backward

Smash Cadet
Six Brawl tournaments, so far. I help organize the local tourneys in my region. It's extremely poor though; we have never had more than 30 people show up, and only five are good. Competitive Smash isn't very big from where I'm from.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
do online ones count? I already expect the answer to be no...
probably not.

Anyway, yeah. I've been to a tourney. Placed 9th out of 29th so I wasn't bad.

I need better counterpicks...:laugh:

Top Bottom