• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polygons and whatnot (mostly polygons)

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Some blender-ness from me:

I recently saw those Zoroark and (heart-swap pokemon) movies.
Ash's voice was pretty whack. Jus saying.

Also. Man, my wii stopped reading disks, and this is the one Nintendo sent as a replacement for the first one... so lame.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I've heard some bad things about Blender in comparison to Maya. But you seem to have no problem with it, that's pretty good from where I'm sitting. Your 3d models have always been quality work.

Now make us a Chandelure >:D

Geist

Smash Master
Nice work there joe :D
I haaate rigging, but it looks like that one's done up nice and simple.

3D and moving? I'm interested in how you even do that. That require scripts or something? /technologically inept :p You could make some cool sigs with that skill.
If blender is anything like maya, it's done by setting up a simple skeleton inside the geometry, and binding it to the model. you can also change how much influence the joints have over the surrounding geo for minimal warping. Animation is done on a time slider inside the program and all you have to do is move the joints into place along a designated time period and key them, and maya/blender pretty much does the rest for you in between. It's really easy to get the basics down, but it's super intuitive and takes forever to master.

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, pretty much what Geist said is a nice explanation. Geist, can I see some of your stuff? Do you have a DevArt?

:phone:

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
That second video... 0:17 actually kinda freaked me out haha. No lie, put in some fog and some creepy music and you got a Silent Hill type baddie right there.

Edit: If I saw that in a parking garage, I'd run for my life haha. Also, it's pretty cool how you can put computer generated images onto real life backgrounds.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
...THOSE VIDEOS WERE MAGICAL.

Got my schedule for next quarter.
SCULPTURE/DRAWING FOR GAME ART AND DESIGN. Awww heck yes. Plus intro to game design with an awesome teacher....who just happened to be the judge for the scholarship contest I won. New best friend right there.

Geist

Smash Master
Goooood make connections nao
make friends with the teachers like you would with students. That's what makes things easy later in life. I go to lunch with my teachers and shoot the **** all the time. lol

Also sculpting is sooo fun. They're going to have a sculpting 2 soon here :'D

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I'm trying to x3 Gave my business card to my department chair. Apparently he doesnt remember people well. But, my admissions rep introduced me. "Oh yeah, I've already met Alyssa." Yessssssssss

Omgggg o Ao that sounds funnnnnn

Geist

Smash Master
yeah sculpting was one of my favorite classes. The person who teaches here did mystique from xmen :>
and that sounds awesome lol

Geist

Smash Master
Actually one of the funnest things to do here is to visit producers and game developers and check them out. There's a pixar studio here that I love to hang out at and every once in a while they drop some secrets. I've signed NDA's though so technically I'm not supposed to say much. But the next two movies pixar is making are already in the works lmao.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Savants are people that highly specialize in a certain task.
Someone who can finger through a book and memorize it would have some severe eidetic memory. Both commonly accompany autism though.
Also movies tend to blow photographic memories way out of proportion.

EDIT: gtfo ramses
Namesearching like a bawssss

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm just going to settle with being the Graphic of Designers.

And plan on making a webcomic that will be so popular, hollywood will contact me and ask if they can make a movie off of it, and I'll whisper "no."

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
They probably won't hear you and take your silence as a yes.

And then they'll get Shia LaBeouf to play the female lead.

BioDG

Smash Ace
I'm just going to settle with being the Graphic of Designers.

And plan on making a webcomic that will be so popular, hollywood will contact me and ask if they can make a movie off of it, and I'll whisper "no."
DO IT.

Webcomics are very simple to get off the ground.

Top Bottom