• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*POUND* 4 Brawl Results (Full results and brackets in OP)

Coney

Smash Master
neat-*** tournament! i had funnn~~

sad i didn't get out of my pool! i had an extra game on the guy! but it's cool, he beat me in the head-to-head, so good stuff to him. found out he went on to beat ling ling so good on him!

commentary was lots of fun! dmbrandon's a funny-*** guy, glad i got to be on the team with him.

anyway, about to go pass out before i take some more people to the airport, yuck

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Fun tourney indeed. I gotta step my Wolf's game up. Next time Chu I'll beat you 3rd game! Lol.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Just got home. My bed is cold. :(

Met a crazy amount of extremely amazing people here.

Had a lot of fun.

WILL do full shout outs later. <3

Allied

Smash Master
No lobos don't say that :]

btw mav so not true with the matchups thats all biased wifi player bullsh*t

and i hate when people say "omg so many mks in top 10"

jeez do something about it then

inb4"allied ur not even good bla bla Mk is top tier by himself bla bla Lain is cute"

thats the only thing i wanna hear

lain is mad cute ;]

good sh*t everyone!

complexity1234

Smash Apprentice
Where's the next Diddy? Too far behind, IMO. :embarrass
Doesnt matter.

There were alot of good mk mains here and only 1, maybee 2 good diddys.
And we saw how good diddy can be.
That just means we need more good diddy's.

Diddy,falco,snake,ice climbers imo. Lain wrecks every mk minus m2k
and wario i'd say. CLose to even is all you need.

Plus the results don't factor in how close the matches were, like if games came down to last hits.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
There were way too many MK's, to be honest. =/

Good **** hunger! Way to rep WI/IL in brackets!
Even though you're from WI, You're still close enough to IL, :laugh:

Also, stingers, way to rep ROB! Since MK is first I assume you used him more than ROB though, right?

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Tourney was amazing. Had so much fun in friendlies. Especially Snake dittos with Infern and Takeover ftw.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
It was good to see alot of people again! Everyone who stayed in my room with judge and the camera crew people and mostly midwest people u guys get a special shoutout <3 O ya and good seeing NJ, NY, and my MDVA buddies :D Also Shoutout to Dr.PP i love that falco! 5moe months till i become a Catfish >:D

judge!

Smash Ace
meh...kinda mad about my losses......but w/e i suppose. shoutouts later it was fun weird tourney. and chu is probebly the best mind reader ever

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Yes! People are going to start looking at that and using it as counter examples... It's not that Diddy can contend with MKs, it's that ADHD is at a higher level than everyone else and beats them all with a character that has an even MU. Where's the next Diddy? Too far behind, IMO. :embarrass
this is not even true at all. He's mad good but if he's playing his best, and if Diddy is playing perfectly, he shuts down MK hard. Once Diddy gets a grab on MK at even low %, he can throw the MK away and pull out 2 bananas, place them in front of him and hold the other one, and block when MK approaches then banana **** him. MK has to dash attack or aerial or fair (fair makes you get ***** though cuz it lags on his shield hard) or air dodge onto the banana to pick it up. Diddy can shoot constantly and never has to approach. MK cannot just grab the Diddy (which is the answer to shield, especially one with a banana in his hand) because of the bananas on the ground (and that he can attack at any random time) so his only option is to go over it. Dairs and Torando is the only thing he can do which don't work at all. That Diddy strategy completely shuts MK down really hard and Diddy hard counters MK. All you people on smashboards just want to think MK ***** everyone. This is unrelated but I fought Shadow in Winners Semifinals, and he took me to last stock with Wario, then I 3 stocked him in MK ditto, then 1-2 I think 1 stocked his Wario again. ADHD ***** me, I beat Ally, then ADHD ***** me again. If someone can prove my theory about MK being able to beat Diddy the way he plays PLEASE I beg you PROVE ME WRONG. I'll use anything I can get at this point. Also I think I suck *** vs diddy but MK definitely does not win that MU at all; not if the Diddy is playing properly/right. I beat ADHD 3-1 last weekend but that's only because he wasn't playing as well then. When he's playing well and using that strategy properly it ***** mk

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Does anyone have the videos of WF/LF/GF? Please put them as quick as you can, my internet ****ed up before it happened. I_I

Also, was ADHD vs Ksizzle recorded?

I loved that 2nd match on Delfino. xDD

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Well M2K, if catching the banana with an aerial results in you being attacked with another banana during lag, and if tornadoing while he has a banana on his hand means you're gonna get hit with a banana once you land, we can safely say that ADHD is taking advantage of your afterlag to deal damage at you.

If your approaches end up getting punished, but other MKs end up finding ways to take games off of ADHD, then I'm guessing they must be doing something that you're not. ADHD seemed to be reading you like a book in those games, and you weren't trying anything else besides the same approaches AND getting punished for them. As someone who saw all the matches (from a third-person point of view), I can at least tell you that much. Hell, if I was ADHD, I would love it if you tornado'd my shield and landed near me everytime. Yes, ADHD is definitely crazy good and knows his ****, but that doesn't mean you should allow him to take the wins then say "I suck *** at this".

Now I'm not scolding, I'm just a spectator of the matches who thinks that MK's tornado was too predictable and punishable in that match. I'd love to see the other top MKs go against ADHD and see what they do... If they end up doing the same thing but it works, then I'm gonna check out the timing of ther attacks... If they do the same thing and lose, then I guess I have no choice but to accept that Diddy kicks MK's ***.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Did Ally even win a single match with MK after beating Cable? Everytime he used MK on the stream he lost including Vex' Bowser.

:059:

OverLade

Smash Hero
Diddy,falco,snake,ice climbers imo. Lain wrecks every mk minus m2k
Lain lost to Judge and Havok yesterday.

Lain lost to havok and judge. Judge always beats lain now.
Tyrant beats dehf 90% of the time,
Noone knows how to fight diddy and then snake is close but still loses.

Its just called Mks not know Mu's but when they do they always come out on top in the end.
DEHF has beaten Tyrant consistently for the last 2 months or so. But DEHF didn't lose to MKs at this tournament.

Luck of the Irish=Not so glorious.

DEHF is ****...he had this tourney. Me and Keitaro wanted to see Falco take it so bad.
Imo DEHF would've gotten top 5 if he hadn't screwed up against Chu. I think he absolutely has the MK matchup on lock and would do extremely well against any of the MKs in the top 10 if not beat them.

I think the main problem here isn't that MK has no matchups that he can lose, I think the problem is that the five or six characters that are able to beat him, have lots of mid tier close matchups.

So players like Malcolm, DEHF, and most Snake players, have characters like /Dedede/Kirby to worry about. So Candy might lose to Logic and not be able to play against Korn or w/e.

Anyway I wanted to see how Larry would do against Jason, Ksizzle and Shadow. That's all I really cared about at this tournament. So we know that DEHF beats all the MKs on the WC but we dunno what would've happened over here. :(

CO18

Smash Hero
Tyrant just won last tourney over dehf and he dropped a set to dsf. Its just they weren't used to his new style before. Thatsnot to say he's going to lose all the time now or something but the results drastically change when the mk knows what its doing

Trela

Smash Lord
1/3 of the players in the Bracket used MK.

The only other thing I'm actually glad about is Ksizzle going Lucario on Judge.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I think the main problem here isn't that MK has no matchups that he can lose, I think the problem is that the five or six characters that are able to beat him, have lots of mid tier close matchups.

So players like Malcolm, DEHF, and most Snake players, have characters like /Dedede/Kirby to worry about. So Candy might lose to Logic and not be able to play against Korn or w/e.
This. It's a real shame really - out of all the MKs in that bracket DEHF had to get lame matchups early :S

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
All you people on smashboards just want to think MK ***** everyone.
This.

I don't know that I agree that Diddy "*****" MK, but he definitely has no problem with him, and MK is not this "unstoppable force" that everyone around here always says that he is.

Anyway, great tournament, I had loads of fun watching the live stream for this. Melee and Brawl were both really great and the commentating was fantastic. Great matches all day long in both games, awesome stuff guys! Wish I could have been there.

Also DEHF getting knocked out the way he did was really poopy :(

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Well M2K, if catching the banana with an aerial results in you being attacked with another banana during lag, and if tornadoing while he has a banana on his hand means you're gonna get hit with a banana once you land, we can safely say that ADHD is taking advantage of your afterlag to deal damage at you.

If your approaches end up getting punished, but other MKs end up finding ways to take games off of ADHD, then I'm guessing they must be doing something that you're not. ADHD seemed to be reading you like a book in those games, and you weren't trying anything else besides the same approaches AND getting punished for them. As someone who saw all the matches (from a third-person point of view), I can at least tell you that much. Hell, if I was ADHD, I would love it if you tornado'd my shield and landed near me everytime. Yes, ADHD is definitely crazy good and knows his ****, but that doesn't mean you should allow him to take the wins then say "I suck *** at this".

Now I'm not scolding, I'm just a spectator of the matches who thinks that MK's tornado was too predictable and punishable in that match. I'd love to see the other top MKs go against ADHD and see what they do... If they end up doing the same thing but it works, then I'm gonna check out the timing of ther attacks... If they do the same thing and lose, then I guess I have no choice but to accept that Diddy kicks MK's ***.

yeah but I honestly feel like when they take games off ADHD he doesn't play as well. Last week I beat ADHD 3-1 and I felt like I did very little differently than this time (except not be an emo ***** and give up) just because he wasn't playing as well. I figure I'll just torando so he gets popped up into the air like Ksizl told me to do and then I can have the advantage but it wasn't working and I was getting really, really frustrated. Waiting with Dairs will never hit him I've tried it a million times. If I'm on the ground I get *****.

Top Bottom