• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*POUND* 4 Brawl Results (Full results and brackets in OP)

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Great time. Best part of the tourn though was all the INUI shenanigans that went on lmao. "I am a doubles genius!!! " with Atomsk and Orion keeping him pinned to the floor.

shout outs - dont hate if I forget anyone... I <3 all smashers... except for Wyatt and Rob players ;)

snakeee - everyone knows your pool was completely ******** and that everyone in that pool should have been in the final bracket. You will get em next time.. Thanks for the mk ditto advice.

allied - heyyyyyyy.. why didn't I get to lick your lip ring??? ;(

wyatt - I am learning MK for my hard match ups but I am finally learning Diddy with Yoshi.. He WILL be a Diddy counter!! Oh, you are gay as hell, but you handled your alcohol a lot better than Inui lmao.. gj winning, ***.

dmbrandon - good **** with teams... and lmao at you wanting to fight stingers every other minute..

shadow - mannnnnn you came to get top 7 and you took 5th.. good job. you are soo pro now.

kai - I thin we fought every other conversation and I enjoyed every minute of it. =) I want to see bigger and better battle sex scars next week! lmao.. no homo

hilt - it was nice meeting you.. awesome olimar. ;)

nl - I WILL have a counter character for your dumb *** rob!1 It was fun playing you. ps Cut ur damb talons!

inui - you handled your self well considering all things.. dont quit brawl.. this community needs you in more ways than you think.

izumi - you are fun

xzax - you have to be the most annoying person to have a conversation with.. clear up that acme for the next tourn lmao.. good **** making it to the final bracket.

judge - gj ya mess.

ninja ed - lmao thank god you were there to keep me laughing for 3 days. you know i will be driving your *** around more. we need to train again.

keitaro - yay for drinking with me!!! haha tooo fun. I am glad you stayed in our room.. you and that small *** niche you stayed in.

orion - nice MM's .. ill get you next time!

candy - you are way to cool to hang out with.. we WILL go swimming next time!

blackanese - lmao how homo was that ride home?

cloudfox - take my advice and drop the low tier chars NOW while it is not too late! PLEASE

koolaid - wtf... lmao. yoshi has NO chance.

stingers - eff rob

lain - you are cuter/nicer than I once believed you to be. nice win over dm.

lee - you were nice to talk to ;) and to think I hated you at FAST .. hope to see you at future tourns.

atomsk - lmao thanks for being the adult of the room and nuturing INUI back to health.. lmao... good job in teams.

MIB - muahahahahahhah down with ness

LLOD - you are way to smart for me.

vex - omg nice win with bowser.. sucks ally switcehd back to snake.

ally - way to cute you are.. stop taking a year to take a shower. see you at the next jersey tourns.

june bug - sorry.. i didnt find time for the mm's. next time?

slik - EFF BRINSTAR!!! lmaoo

hungrybox - nice seeing u again man

ferman - nice seeing u again too

polt - good job being a win away from getting FIRST seed in a pool with Yoshi.... you MUST carry on the yoshi name.. lol

doom - effing nerd for playing that board game .... ;)

chu - yes, im betraying yoshi..I am not smart enough (in smash) to continue using him and win.. unlike u. <3

cable - omg im so happy you did the cable woman being ***** scream!! i couldnt stop laughing!!!

wes - YOSHI = SONIC counter :) haha was fun playing you.. see you next tourn!

jg - cant wait for the tourney fix.

tant - thanks for showing mercy lmaooo good job running things..

neo - haiiii

crismas - thanks for the pink name badge!

alex - really???? I had no clue.

plaink - good tourn.. should have had at least ONE big screen devoted to brawl though =(

I am so effing tired.. But this tourn made me want to take the game a lot more seriously now.

Now hot smasher tier list will be released soon on aib.. did you make it?!

I will edit this for shout outs missed... sorry for the bad grammar but I am too lazy to fix errors right now.

Corrupted~X

Smash Rookie
Good ****, the tourney was so fun to watch, so much epic matches, it's just a shame the livestream cut out just before Ally vs M2K, RAAAGGEEEE

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Olimar can win against MK but it is stacked against him. Olimar can do some great damage but can easily die off of one mistake... puts him at a big disadvantage once the opponent gets a single read on the Oli.

Laem

Smash Champion
i like what i see
vex > AZ
NL>seibrik
logic>NL
ksizzle<>Ally
ADHD givin the business

lookin forward to some sets (chudat - dehf obv)

edit
Best part of the tourn though was all the INUI shenanigans that went on lmao. "I am a doubles genius!!! " with Atomsk and Orion keeping him pinned to the floor.
LMFAO.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ugh, couldnt make it out of 2nd round pools.

even though it was death pool #2 (behind snakee's), no excuses

not gonna go OOS for awhile. gotta work on some more brawl stuff at home first.Unless a good summer tourney comes probably WHOBO or Apex 2 is my next one

Cook

Smash Master
Olimar can win against MK but it is stacked against him. Olimar can do some great damage but can easily die off of one mistake... puts him at a big disadvantage once the opponent gets a single read on the Oli.
Exactly.

M2K, it's probably not that PS sucks compared to Atomsk against MK, but rather that Atomsk was in his Oli prime back when MKs didn't know how to fight Oli. But this is all beside the point. The point is, if M2K loses to someone or nearly loses to someone he has the tendency to say that that character ***** MK. Then he learns how to fight against that character and starts beating him again. Happened with Oli, used to happen with Snake but it seems like he's learned to fight Snake now. I dunno if he ever said ICs **** MK, but I would not be surprised if he said that after losing to Lain. Point is, I wouldn't really give much consideration to the fact that M2K says Diddy ***** MK because ADHD beat him a couple times. Sounds more like Diddy ***** M2K. For now, anyway, I'm sure he'll get better at the matchup and start winning it consistently.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah but I honestly feel like when they take games off ADHD he doesn't play as well. Last week I beat ADHD 3-1 and I felt like I did very little differently than this time (except not be an emo ***** and give up) just because he wasn't playing as well. I figure I'll just torando so he gets popped up into the air like Ksizl told me to do and then I can have the advantage but it wasn't working and I was getting really, really frustrated. Waiting with Dairs will never hit him I've tried it a million times. If I'm on the ground I get *****.
Several times after you got him in the air you'd jump up after him, maybe tornado again, and so he'd just side-b away and take advantage of MK's low horizontal air speed. Tornado wasn't quick enough to catch up. I say get to the ground (while he's above you in the air when there's an opening for a sideb) where your ground speed matches his side-b. Find out ways to deal with that from there, I suppose.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Luck of the Irish=Not so glorious.

DEHF is ****...he had this tourney. Me and Keitaro wanted to see Falco take it so bad.
Yes, DEHF is **** and it was very unfortunate what happen to him, I'm just saying from what I saw, Chu didn't change anything up, he kept his cool and luck was on his side and he capitalized on it. I've been a fan of Chu for awhile now, if I was at Pound 4, I'd be cheering my face off like I did for him at FCD when I first met him.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Exactly.

M2K, it's probably not that PS sucks compared to Atomsk against MK, but rather that Atomsk was in his Oli prime back when MKs didn't know how to fight Oli. But this is all beside the point. The point is, if M2K loses to someone or nearly loses to someone he has the tendency to say that that character ***** MK. Then he learns how to fight against that character and starts beating him again. Happened with Oli, used to happen with Snake but it seems like he's learned to fight Snake now. I dunno if he ever said ICs **** MK, but I would not be surprised if he said that after losing to Lain. Point is, I wouldn't really give much consideration to the fact that M2K says Diddy ***** MK because ADHD beat him a couple times. Sounds more like Diddy ***** M2K. For now, anyway, I'm sure he'll get better at the matchup and start winning it consistently.
no Atomsk's prime was definitely better vs MK cuz he is good against tornado and ***** any other approaches MK has. I still think Olimar vs MK can be even it's just no Olimars that are good are good at the MU or on the same level. One or the other or both.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
This.

I don't know that I agree that Diddy "*****" MK, but he definitely has no problem with him, and MK is not this "unstoppable force" that everyone around here always says that he is.

:(
Wait, almost all of the Top 10 is MKs. He is practically unstoppable, and it's showing up now in tournaments when 4/5ths of the top 5 or top 10 is Metaknights.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I am not trolling I am serious

Europe is some **** at brawl anyways I will mm every single person in that continent

use mk maybe you will get better

Final Fantasy XIV

Banned via Warnings
**** sovaman issuing the challenge. and yeah john moar about MK, he is not broken. yeah alot of people play him, but he's fun, i love playing as him and d3, and i'm not even good.

Gmoney_

Smash Journeyman
I am not trolling I am serious

Europe is some **** at brawl anyways I will mm every single person in that continent

use mk maybe you will get better
If you're that confident, you should come to a big tourney here someday and "**** us all". Im sure you will learn us some nice things or 2 :D

SOVAman

Smash Hero
If you're that confident, you should come to a big tourney here someday and "**** us all". Im sure you will learn us some nice things or 2 :D
why would I travel all the way over there for a tourney that is too far for a scrub like me

but I will still mm every single one of you LOL

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
This Tourney made me wish i was good at melee...the melee scene is soooo much more hype than the brawl scene

O and the azn girls where all melee players and just about all of them were cute so u know where i was at on saturday and sunday....lolololol

anyway shoutouts

Coney-"THAT HAT IS RIDICULOUS"...best line of the tourney and our commentary=too good...sorry i couldn't get GDX away from the mike faster...lol

KOOL-AID- MY BOY KOOL-AID with the pit....good **** that dude the screwed you out of pools (not gonna say any names) is clearly a douche mover

KOOL-aid friend:....lololol i never really caught your name but you was mad funny.

FNB as a whole crew- good ****

Malc- They def could not holla at our IKE/Link Team...fun times my dude

Ninjalink- quit complaining about **** when we didnt even make you pay for anything....other then that...good stuff

Shado-Troll.....

L Cancel - THAT AINT WIFI! step it up dude

Dull razor - nice meeting you man...ur accent is truly north carolina...i lost mines when i moved here...lol..and that rob is beast dude

Milktea - thanks for the picture

I probably missed some people but i gotta head out to work...so yea good stuff to everyone else

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Lol most of the top 10 are all MKs save for Logic's Olimar, Lain's ICs, and two Diddies. Looks like some of you just barely got an excuse to defend his "vulnerabilities" as a character. The amount of them is still ridiculous.

/Shoutouts a little later

Famous

Smash Champion
Yea, I've been playing playing against MK the majority of the time at this tourney...Gets mad boring playing against the same character for so long...I had 2/3 MK's in my 1st round pools and managed to make it out....but when I made it out, 2nd round pools had fking 4/5 MK's in it...gg.... It was sooo refreshing to play non-mk mains that were actually skilled during the mist of all this..

Shoutouts
Smash64: Haha dude, your my favorite Ness main from this point out...Your mad good
Sanoscy: I see why Kadaj talks about you alot, good **** in pools...You should have beaten Dmbrandon, next time =D

King Yoshi/Pride: Idk which one of you I played in friendlies but I had fun...
Malcom: Didn't get to play you my dude....,next time
Kirin: Still doing good things as always
Boss: Your right, this game sucks sometimes...Nobody plays thier "main" anymore...
Fromundaman:Had alot of fun in our friendlies. Keep working on that Mario
Green Mario: Well IDK your real name but this is the tag you had...Had fun in our friendlies. Let me teach you Mario instead of Boss, rofl

ESOJ: We are mad rusty in teams...We gotta play together more like the good old days T.T. Nice seeing you
Gonzo: GONZO!!!!!!! Haven't seen you in forever, Nice seeing you finally..Get back into brawl
Candy: Good stuff, your always doing big things in this game...
Chu: Damit, I finally get to see you after your vacation and didn't get to play you...I will next time
DmBrandon: I should have 2-0ed in pools and got 2nd seed >.>...I h8 missing UpB's...Good **** in pools/brackets
Shadow: Fk, I was sooo close to beating you...Dam, your soo good >.<
Neo: Marth is getting dogged these days...Step it up, I know you could have placed higher...
FatBoy: Did it feel good ****** my Mario with MK? >.>
Lil B: Yea, SoVA
Toasty: You were the person I wanted to see the most but you were barely around T.T
Korn: I need more MK experience apparently...
Crash: You were UpBing everything in teams O.O
M2K: I'm not ready to play yor MK yet >.>
Atomsk: LMAO, Kadaj had us waiting in front of the wrong hotel room all that time...gg
Hunger: Luigi is so gay isn't he? Good **** in tourney, your mad good
DON: Good stuff in teams, we just gotta step it up more next time
Dull Razer: That last pool match was sooo close...Soo intense.
Coney: Lol, those team friendlies were soo fun man...You should play ness more on teams...Luigi/Ness is too good

More shoutouts later and.....MK sucks >.>

OverLade

Smash Hero
DEHF vs Chu was the gayest match ive ever seen in brawl, just sitting there made me want to rage. Thats the campiest performance by a player i have seen and im glad Chu beat him.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Are you serious?

Did you watch the rest of the tournament? DEHF didn't even time Chu out...

Kirby ***** Falco if he doesn't camp.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
DEHF vs Chu was the gayest match ive ever seen in brawl, just sitting there made me want to rage. Thats the campiest performance by a player i have seen and im glad Chu beat him.
you sir have no idea what you are talking about.

players like you haven't the slightest idea as to why that game developed the way it did. not even a second glance much less any thinking about it. THIS angers me, this is why the majority of the smash community doesnt excel and can't develop your characters properly. there was an actual reason as to the way dehf and chu played.

dehf has chaingrab. kirby has one as well at least %40 or bit more. you cant approach a character that deals that kind of damage head on so you find other alternatives to deal dmg or receive.

kirby's forward smash kills falco early, so again dehf cant afford to fall for the bair *retreat* fsmash, so he keeps his distance with lasers,jabs and ftilts. sidebing to get away from getting cornered.

with chu trying to bait an approach with his bairs there was little dehf could do that was safe, otherwise he would end up at a severe disadvantage and possibly lose.

it takes the brains and craft to play this game at that kind of level. with that i applaud chudat, he played beautifully taking advantage when he could, picking his shots. methodically. cold. precise. you can tell the man has experience. i wish i talked to him when i was there.

look. this brawl. its gay sometimes, its nothing new nor will it stop. get used to it.

so my friend instead of spewing nonsense, learn something from what went down. there is always something to learn.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It takes a ridiculous amount of patience to set a primary victory condition as KOing a relatively light character with a forward tilt at 210%.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Amazing tournament. For once I got good support instead of getting hated on. But I deserve to get hated on after what I did against AZ. I still need to work on that.

GGs to all.

Atomsk, I forgot to get JJWolf's Dazzle from you :( Also, thanks for the kind words; but I still got held back this tournament. I'll bounce back at the next national and Viridian IF ALEX SOMEHOW FINDS A BIGGER ****ING VENUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again, good **** to all I've played.

Hey_its_YO

Smash Lord
MRK head quarters my house SilverSpring MD
Havoc are you blind? Did you even read what i said?

It was the campiest preformance I personally have ever seen, i dont care what the MU is ( and i know that MU) im just saying that I personally have never seen a match as campy and stupid as that one.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Anyone familiar with Tekken4's tourney scene? I think Brawl is having the same problem... And Tekken4's competitive scene was a year old before everyone ragequit the game. Guess who the best, 'beatable', move-spamming character got that game's tourney scene a short life? And the players' play-to-win attitude, think that it didn't affect the game's lifespan? Sounds to me like people don't care if the game stagnates... ;)Got the info from an extremely reliable source.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Havoc are you blind? Did you even read what i said?

It was the campiest preformance I personally have ever seen, i dont care what the MU is ( and i know that MU) im just saying that I personally have never seen a match as campy and stupid as that one.
That makes you an idiot.

Don't judge brawl if you don't watch it and don't understand. Intentional timing out happens all the time. What DEHF did was nothing, and by not knowing that, you're an idiot who has no room to talk or judge...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
you sir have no idea what you are talking about.

players like you haven't the slightest idea as to why that game developed the way it did. not even a second glance much less any thinking about it. THIS angers me, this is why the majority of the smash community doesnt excel and can't develop your characters properly. there was an actual reason as to the way dehf and chu played.

dehf has chaingrab. kirby has one as well at least %40 or bit more. you cant approach a character that deals that kind of damage head on so you find other alternatives to deal dmg or receive.

kirby's forward smash kills falco early, so again dehf cant afford to fall for the bair *retreat* fsmash, so he keeps his distance with lasers,jabs and ftilts. sidebing to get away from getting cornered.

with chu trying to bait an approach with his bairs there was little dehf could do that was safe, otherwise he would end up at a severe disadvantage and possibly lose.

it takes the brains and craft to play this game at that kind of level. with that i applaud chudat, he played beautifully taking advantage when he could, picking his shots. methodically. cold. precise. you can tell the man has experience. i wish i talked to him when i was there.

look. this brawl. its gay sometimes, its nothing new nor will it stop. get used to it.

so my friend instead of spewing nonsense, learn something from what went down. there is always something to learn.
This post, right here. True stuff.

Top Bottom