• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*POUND* 4 Brawl Results (Full results and brackets in OP)

Hey_its_YO

Smash Lord
MRK head quarters my house SilverSpring MD
That makes you an idiot.

Don't judge brawl if you don't watch it and don't understand. Intentional timing out happens all the time. What DEHF did was nothing, and by not knowing that, you're an idiot who has no room to talk or judge...
LOL, im an idiot for not watching matches time out. GG good sir i can't win against logic like that.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I never make matches longer then 5 minutes. And in matches I think I rarely grab the edge more then 10 times. No wonder I keep losing to Mks. I gotta plank more and time out the clock.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Ok you IDIOTS who are saying "omg so many mk's" or "its gonna turn into nothing but mk!"

SHUT UP.

Seriously. At big tournaments most top player will be attending. So who do alot of top players use? METAKNIGHT. This is about mk being amazingly broken. Last time i checked it was called popularity. I mean seriously what mk player in the top 10 surprised you that they got that far?

ALL THESE MK'S ARE TOP PLAYERS IN THEIR RESPECTIVE REGION. Stop *****ing. The tournament was amazing minus some bracket and pool errors.

Also I am sad I got no shout-out, I thought people would realize I existed after everything i did for this tournament. ;__;

Shout-outs later.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Angel... Characters are like binoculars, meaning that the better the character, the better your chances of seeing far-off stuff. But MK is closer to a telescope, your skills might not get better faster but his options make it easy to earn a 'top player' status. Why might it be that MKs are the characters to make it out of pools almost every time? Why is MK the choice that most top players choose to win tourneys with? If Diddy was truly better one person alone wouldn't be enough to prove it (ADHD is good, one player doesn't make the character... Like Ally and Snake)... It isn't because he's the best in the game, I mean look at the other top tier characters and how tough it is for them to gain victories... MK even had his own tier once due to how far ahead in terms of how 'good' he was compared to the #2 character, practically a year after that MK is still taking virtually all the top spots.People use ADHD and Ally as counterexamples for MK's dominance, but MK is still taking the tourney winnings AND rest of the top spots from other players. Are people truly happy with not having chances of winning any money?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Pool 22:

1st Mew2King (MK)
2nd Dapuffster (Jiggly, Diddy)
3rd -hilt- (Olimar)
Eliminated: Aniolas, Cartoon, Umby, Lil'b

Pool 16

1st Ally (MK)
2nd Dapuffster (Jiggly, Diddy)
3rd dmbrandon (MK)
Eliminated: Kirinblaze, Lou, Poltergust

1: ADHD (Diddy)
2: Mew2King (Metaknight)
3: Ally (Snake/Metaknight)
4: KSizzle (Metaknight/Lucario)
5: Shadow_111 (Metaknight)
5: Judge (Metaknight)
7: Havok (Metaknight)
7: Logic (Olimar)
9: Lee Martin (Metaknight)
9: Seibrik (Metaknight)
9: Ninjalink (Diddy)
9: Lain (Ice Climbers)
13: ChuDat (Kirby)
13: Malcolm (Wario)
13: Vex Kasrani (Dedede/Bowser)
13: DEHF (Falco)
17: co18 (Dedede)
17: Sanoscy (Metaknight)
17: Candy (Snake)
17: Alpha Zealot (Diddy)
17: DjIskascribble (Metaknight)
17: Dekar (Diddy)
17: Fatal (Snake)
17: Hunger (Wario)
25: Atomsk (Dedede)
25: HAT (Dedede/Wario)
25: dmbrandon (Metaknight)
25: Cable (Donkey Kong)
25: Xzax (Metaknight)
25: Infern Angelis (Snake)
25: Ling Ling (Dedede)
25: Bizkit (Snake)
33: jtails (Diddy)
33: Smash64 (Ness)
33: Dapuffster (Jigglypuff/Diddy)
33: Y.B.M. (Kirby)
33: Omni (Metaknight)
33: Stingers (Metaknight/ROB)
33: Junebug (Lucario/DK)
33: Bloodcross (Marth???)
33: Jash (Toon Link)
33: Hyro (Toon Link)
33: Takeover (Snake)
33: Boss (Luigi)
33: Mikey Lenetia (Peach)
33: Zucco (Lucario)
33: Pierce (Marth)
33: NEO (Marth)

Jigglypuff, an F tier character in top 48...

1. Jigglypuff needs to be higher on the tier list IMO
2. Get at my Jigglypuff I used Jiggs twice as much as Diddy in the final bracket.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Um alot of MK's didn't make it out of pools. It's just the BEST one's did. again this goes back to popularity. People pick up mk because it's easier then playing say snake, diddy, or ICies.

That's how the game is, but is that a problem? NO, melee had this problem too but they got over it with time.

let the god**** game develop.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Develop into what, another Tekken4? Come on man, try and look for similar situations if you're gonna try and argue with craptastic info.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC

3/4 of the top 12 are MetaKnight, and a Diddy tops it all off. Not sure how about I feel about that.

Congrats ADHD.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
How can you compare a completely different game like tekken4 to brawl?

Just stop seriously. This community is nothing but kids johning. :/

Didn't we create the term "no-johns"?

Cook

Smash Master
I think the community would develop much better if the players actually got to make the rules instead of having to do what the SBR recommends. Tourneys would be so much better if the people paying to enter actually had some say in what the rules should be, but instead we have to listen to people who are too scared of what other fighting game players will think.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion

3/4 of the top 12 are MetaKnight, and a Diddy tops it all off. Not sure how about I feel about that.

Congrats ADHD.

Ugh did you not notice the players? you people need to start looking at names and not searching for an mk next to it. Jesus ****ing christ you guys are seriously horrible

@overswarm: MK is the best character in the game of course the best character will have more representitives then others in the cast, but does that make him bannable? no.

Also: me and NinjaLink were talking about this on our way home. If you wanna put alittle rule on mk withoutt completely killing him. Why not give people 2 stage bans vs mk?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Ugh did you not notice the players? you people need to start looking at names and not searching for an mk next to it. Jesus ****ing christ you guys are seriously horrible

@overswarm: MK is the best character in the game of course the best character will have more representitives then others in the cast, but does that make him bannable? no.

Also: me and NinjaLink were talking about this on our way home. If you wanna put alittle rule on mk withoutt completely killing him. Why not give people 2 stage bans vs mk?
go back to pallet town

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC

1: Ally (Wario, Snake)
2: Lee Martin (Lucario)
3: dapuffster (Jiggs)
4: Glick (Jiggs, DDD)
5: Chu (Kirby)
5: Slikvik (Wario, Peach, G&W)
7: Hyro (Toon Link)
7: K-sizzle (Lucario, MK)
9: Shadow (Wario, MK?)
9: JCaesar (ROB, Wolf)
9: Chad (Pikachu?)
9: Dazwa (Pit, ZSS)

That's the top 12 for Brawl+. Top players, but a f**kton more variety. I don't see what you're getting at.

Oh, and if you have to put a (single) rule on a character, it wouldn't be that bad. But for MK, there are like 3 or 4 rules to keep him in the game.

However, like I said, a Diddy that tops it all off... thus, I don't know how I feel about that. It's just like the Japanese Ryu in the realm of Sagats in SF4... I don't know how I feel about that either.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
1: Ally (Wario, Snake)
2: Lee Martin (Lucario)
3: dapuffster (Jiggs)
4: Glick (Jiggs, DDD)
5: Chu (Kirby)
5: Slikvik (Wario, Peach, G&W)
7: Hyro (Toon Link)
7: K-sizzle (Lucario, MK)
9: Shadow (Wario, MK?)
9: JCaesar (ROB, Wolf)
9: Chad (Pikachu?)
9: Dazwa (Pit, ZSS)

That's the top 12 for Brawl+. Top players, but a f**kton more variety. I don't see what you're getting at.

Oh, and if you have to put a (single) rule on a character, it wouldn't be that bad. But for MK, there are like 3 or 4 rules to keep him in the game.

However, like I said, a Diddy that tops it all off... thus, I don't know how I feel about that. It's just like the Japanese Ryu in the realm of Sagats in SF4... I don't know how I feel about that either.

....Brawl + really? First of all this game changes ALL THE TIME. You can't even figure out who the best character is yet.

God people.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC

....Brawl + really? First of all this game changes ALL THE TIME. You can't even figure out who the best character is yet.

God people.
*did not read the post he quoted alert*

junebug

Smash Journeyman
really really fun tourney. kinda disappointed at how reckless i played in singles but no johns lolz.

fun stuff OOS + friends, hope to see you again soon.

Cook

Smash Master
So are all the other character mains.
^This.

Honestly, what needs to happen to convince some of you people that MK should be banned? Does he have to take top 32 or something?

Also, did Lee Martin go all MK? No Lucario at all?

Nilik

Smash Cadet
Man great tourney. sadly i was in a slump lol! ah well I'm sure next tourney i will do fine,
its no problem though great job to everyone! also,I had fun 2vs2'ing ally and m2k lmao!
Even though they were playing around on brinstar xD

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This is a long, long story....

But to cut it short:

Small changes don't work. You can rarely, if ever, make "surgical" changes to the game and expect things to work out. Unintended changes come up that you don't like. You either change it enough to where MK is now BAD in certain situations, or you don't do enough to change the status quo. It's a lose-lose situation. This creates NEW situations peopel haven't seen.

Global changes do work. If we ban MK, we just see situations that already existed more often. We take away previous situations entirely instead of editing them.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
uh the community is just fine actually.

everyone who actually attended Pound 4 understands ****. the majority of the arguing is going to be people who sit at home, watch live streams, and camp smash forums.

the only "community" i see are the people who just sit back and talk about the actual players who attend the tournaments aka spectators/commentators that really don't know ****.

anyway, don't turn this thread into dumb bickering about things most of you clearly don't know anything about.

90% of the posts i see are just people whining. babies. if u want fun then stay at home and play free for all with items on.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
the two sigs above this r awesum.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider

God people.
First of all, the game won't be having any major balance changes to it. The only modifications will be glitches etc. (Not like there really have been any major changes as of late).

Second thing to point out is that what changes are made are to make the best characters more balanced and the lower characters a bit better, it only makes the game stronger in this argument.

There were a lot of top players there but no one was playing the same character, regardless of popularity. Don't **** on the game just because you've never given it a shot competitively.

Top Bottom