• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Kage v qlex MM? Sounds sweet.
They already played at Genesis, and though it was only one or two games, Qlex told me Kage was way better than him and that he still had a lot to learn and it really made him understand that ha was still no good and needed to improve his playstyle and... well he was Qlex.

Anyway,it won't be easy for him to attend this. I can't remember if he's one of the French screwed by their exams who are scheduled on the weeks around Pound 4. porc is one of those, and it might prevent me to go too, but I can't remember about Qlex.

Samochan

Smash Master
best of 4? cause that makes sense >_>
It makes sense cause there'll be less ties (if almost any) and the points are calculated via excel, that if there is ties 3-1 wins are transformed from 2points to 1,5 points for the winner and 0,5 points for the loser of the set (and so on, blaablaa.., anyone wanting to ask more, ask ajp). First set is played on stage strike, as is the last but in the middle advanced slob picks are on. If ties still occur even after points are calculated and all, bo3 will be played. Sure this type of pools takes more time.. but it's awesome. :3

Slhoka, vilness and neutroni are interested but unsure to come. <.<

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Confirmed :
Sweden : Armada, Aniolas
Denmark : Stelzig, Jonas
Netherlands : Remen, Zgetto, Faab, Amsah, Marc, Utto

Top or famous players not coming for sure :
Sweden : Calle W, Ek, Helios
France : Poilon, Infernum, Baxon
Swedes not "confirmed" but with flight tickets:
AJP, C, Jadde

Since when is Helios *not coming for sure*?

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Confirmed :
Sweden : Armada, Aniolas
Denmark : Stelzig, Jonas
Netherlands : Remen, Zgetto, Faab, Amsah, Marc, Utto

Interested but unsure to come :
Sweden : no idea, but I think some wanted to come.
Netherlands : Adam ? Maybe a few others
France : Makenshi, Slhoka, Qlex, niam (currently in Canada), a few other, more or less random guys.
Spain : Strawhat Dahean, Over, K-12. Maybe Iced, and a few others
Germany : maybe kJaB and Ice ?

Top or famous players not coming for sure :
Sweden : Calle W, Ek, Helios
France : Poilon, Infernum, Baxon
Not sure yet!? Make yourself sure bro! I remember you from genesis and you were pretty chill. The more that go the better too :D

3 months away from the largest tourney ever to be held... Get your game faces on

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Slhoka, vilness and neutroni are interested but unsure to come. <.<
Oh, nice. I'll add them to my prvious post.
Swedes not "confirmed" but with flight tickets:
AJP, C, Jadde

Since when is Helios *not coming for sure*?
Oh, right, I forgot you. I didn't know about Jadde, though.
As for Helios... well that's what he was saying when people told him to come to Pound as he was active on the smash scene again. Was it a mistake to believe him ? =p

Not sure yet!? Make yourself sure bro! I remember you from genesis and you were pretty chill. The more that go the better too :D
My exams are scheduled during the two weeks before the tournament, but we don't have the exact dates yet. If I don't have any exams on, say, the last 3 days, I'll be there. Otherwise, I won't be able to make it. I'd wouldn't even be sure to arrive on time at the venue =/

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
yeah i tried to remove them.

scrubby peach players whined too much
Because you were like, hey I'mma ban Mute but Pokefloats and Corneria are totally fine, and we were like that's some discrimination bull****.

Now if you were to do something like SPOC rules...might not be a problem. I think Ken did something similar at OC2?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
theyre both equally gay, mute is just so much more common

**** all the gay cps imo, but if SBR decides on a new stageset before this ill probably implement it

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i tried, but people voted against it.

*points up*

so we will have a fun tourney of pokefloats, brinstar, mute city, and corneria!

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I am kind of fond of the European ruleset...maybe swap out Battlefield for Yoshi's or FoD. Or Stadium, **** that mess.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
That wasn't the issue pocky, it was the standard used to ban Mute wasn't being applied evenly to stages like Floats and Corneria.

And Mike, tyranny of the majority is never the best standard.

pockyD

Smash Legend
yeah the vote was a silly idea

nobody expects 668 people (the number of people who voted at the time of this post) to even go to the tournament

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Money match, Amsah? =D
I don't really like money matches...~___~

Plank should stick to the votes, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

No johns.
Sometimes the many are a bunch of ignorant fools who have no idea what's best for them :embarrass

Not saying that's the case here though.
Well, maybe I am..
:lick:

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
:bigthumbu

lol Samo, best of 4's don't exist. It's an even number. :lick:

Best of of 1, 3, 5 , 7, 9, 101 or 10009

But best of 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 102 or 10010? Sorry, we can't let you do that
In pools you only need a winner from the total points and not individual sets. I don't expect everyone to start using it, just saying that it exists and it works fine. Preferably with larger pools.
As for Helios... well that's what he was saying when people told him to come to Pound as he was active on the smash scene again. Was it a mistake to believe him ? =p
His mom works at SAS so he can get really cheap flights. I'd say it's unlikely he's coming, but it's still not certain.
yeah the vote was a silly idea

nobody expects 668 people (the number of people who voted at the time of this post) to even go to the tournament
The distribution has been 1/3 vs 2/3 pretty much since the poll started.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
theyre both equally gay, mute is just so much more common

**** all the gay cps imo, but if SBR decides on a new stageset before this ill probably implement it
I agree but my opinion means nothing.

I am too hyped for this when it is so far away. Go Amsah, plairnk, drephen, vanz, reno, tec and all other sheiks comin to this. Sheik needs more love lately.

pockyD

Smash Legend
The distribution has been 1/3 vs 2/3 pretty much since the poll started.
there's no indication that the first few people who voted were going to the tournament either though (and that everyone who voted after the first 200 people are the people who aren't going, which is what you seem to believe)

and aside from that, as has already been pointed out, voting is a poor system for something like this; everybody has an agenda, and only a small percentage is looking out for what's "fair"

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
On another note. I noticed there isn't an official trailer for This yet but there is the HMW Teaser.

I will make a Trailer for this since I got all I need for the Colbol and DJN Combo vids so I should have those done in a few days.

Anyone who wants to be in it or has footage of some Smashers from another country that should be in it let me know. If you can send me the clip of yourself/other person and I'll have it in. I want to make it much longer I'll probably stretch it out to like...the 10 minute mark or maybe even have more than 1 part idk. Depends on how much of a response I get.

oh and this will be for the Melee part....someone with more patients will have to do the Brawl version. If they can stay awake.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
I don't really like money matches...~___~

Sometimes the many are a bunch of ignorant fools who have no idea what's best for them :embarrass

Not saying that's the case here though.
Well, maybe I am..
:lick:
Your posts are amazing.

Do you know anyone from Europe who'd want to team? =D
including you ^^

White_Mike

Smash Lord
IDK about you guys but I value Democracy.

Maybe not America's ****ty corrupt politics...but putting things to a vote.

Also, you shouldn't take off stages that help floaties and leave stages that hurt them >.>;

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386

Also, you shouldn't take off stages that help floaties and leave stages that hurt them >.>;
The problem with that is there is outside influence. People stated earlier that lots of the votes came from people not even going

I say if anything you have a vote the day of the tournament on paper somewhere so people can do it as they walk in or something. By the time everything gets started you will have the votes you need from the people who are actually going to be playing. Only however if Every CP stage is up for votes as well...that would be fair IMO...not sure if its possible though.:urg:

pockyD

Smash Legend

voting only works if the voters are accountable for their decision; most of the people voting in the poll have no intention of attending the tournament

and regardless of that, we all know that in the end, plank himself will be the only person held accountable for how the tournament plays out and whether the rule-set 'works' or not

and as such, he alone should hold ultimate deciding power on the issue (though obv people can present arguments)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
voting only works if the voters are accountable for their decision; most of the people voting in the poll have no intention of attending the tournament

and regardless of that, we all know that in the end, plank himself will be the only person held accountable for how the tournament plays out and whether the rule-set 'works' or not

and as such, he alone should hold ultimate deciding power on the issue (though obv people can present arguments)
Actually this sounds closer to our Democrazy :chuckle:

yes the spelling is intentional.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I think once pre-registered you should have the ability to vote on that site, which takes out the whole "people not going" thing.

And as a TO I think Plank's decision should be based on what his attendee's want...but it's all just opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom