• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remen

Smash Apprentice
i tried, but people voted against it.

*points up*

so we will have a fun tourney of pokefloats, brinstar, mute city, and corneria!
A ruleset should always be determined by the top players, that poll is like 90% random people(and a lot of them aren't even going to Pound). So I went through the entire voters list and put down only the noteable people:

6 Neutrals plus DK64- Stage Striking
chillindude829, Col Bol, Divinokage, Drephen, Eggm, Faab, Hax, hungrybox, Luffy Dahean, Mew2King, Nihonjin, Plairnkk, Remen, Scar, Silent Wolf, TheZhuKeeper, Zgetto
Total: 17

Standard Stage List- one ban and stage striking
Cactuar, ChuDat, HugS™, Linguini, VaNz
Total: 5

Note that I'm not all that familiar with the American smash scene, so give or take a few votes, but that shouldn't really change the result.
So yeah, you definitely have grounds for changing the stagelist, especially when the counterargument seems to be(and I quote from not even 2 posts above mine): "I like a little stupid in my matches, especially if I'm peach. Which I am sup".

Eval

Smash Journeyman
A ruleset should always be determined by the top players, that poll is like 90% random people(and a lot of them aren't even going to Pound). So I went through the entire voters list and put down only the noteable people:

chillindude829, Col Bol, Divinokage, Drephen, Eggm, Faab, Hax, hungrybox, Luffy Dahean, Mew2King, Nihonjin, Plairnkk, Remen, Scar, Silent Wolf, TheZhuKeeper, Zgetto

Total: 4

Note that I'm not all that familiar with the American smash scene, so give or take a few votes, but that shouldn't really change the result.
So yeah, you definitely have grounds for changing the stagelist, especially when the counterargument seems to be(and I quote from not even 2 posts above mine): "I like a little stupid in my matches, especially if I'm peach. Which I am sup".
Just because there are people unknown/scrubs (even thou Im pretty sure there are quite a few good ones out there not known) from whatever the place they are doesnt mean they cant vote. Everyone has the right to vote in this poll just like everyone has the right to compete here. The rulesets are already there made by SBR, this is a poll of what ruleset would the people like it to be. I know there are a scrubs out there that dont know what they are voting for, but the same goes for Elections (people just vote for w/e they tell them to or w/e seems good even thou its bad).

For me it wold be whatever plank likes, but if hes gonna ban mute city, to hell might as well ban all of the cps.

Lets be fair in this.

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
amsah- who are u teaming with
I'm teaming with Remen (unless Adam decides to go, then I'm teaming with him) - Both Dutchies

Your posts are amazing.

Do you know anyone from Europe who'd want to team? =D
including you ^^
I guess if Adam decides to go, Remen becomes available, but other than that I don't know. :)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
you cannot prove that they aren't going to pound first of all.

and like you stated you DONT know the american scene that well so chiming in the way you did just looks bias and poorly thought out... since this is an american based tourney where the vast majority will be from america.(trust me I far from a pro america person just being objective)

Most importantly "scrubs/unknowns" have just as much voice as everyone, even more so in a poll. Don't try to get at us(cuz apparently I'm some random too ) on some smash hierarchy ****. Theoretically its the unknowns who have kept melee kicking and are helping to bring it back. If you wanna diss scrubs and further discourage entry into the community then go head and still think like you do and also go join the marvel community. I'm not saying that on the fox boards marf_133swordsman2008 should have more sway than someone like Raynex(who should DEF be a mod on fox boards) but its a poll. What you seem to be suggesting is that if the results of the poll went in your way that you would have not even brought up such a silly stipulation.....I hope that you are a bit smarter than that

Can you make an attempt to tell me why the top smashers should make all the rules/decide things? And what do you mean by top? I was listed on Homemadewaffles hype vid for pound4 so I am obviously a TOP player. you betta ask some body!!!!!!!!!!

oh and I personally dun care about the rules I play jiggly

Öni

Smash Cadet
Can you make an attempt to tell me why the top smashers should make all the rules/decide things?
Isn't it the same with the back room? Or was there a poll for the standard ruleset everybody was allowed to vote?
And what do you mean by top?
? Obviously the Top players...
I was listed on Homemadewaffles hype vid for pound4 so I am obviously a TOP player. you betta ask some body!!!!!!!!!!
Waffles trailer is pretty random (at least if you're from Europe). He didn't even mention Dahean or Over.

Btw. I do not care about the rules either :laugh:

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Isn't it the same with the back room? Or was there a poll for the standard ruleset everybody was allowed to vote?

? Obviously the Top players...

Waffles trailer is pretty random (at least if you're from Europe). He didn't even mention Dahean or Over.

Btw. I do not care about the rules either :laugh:

backroom is a joke honestly(except for a few ppl)

Obviously the Top players...

don't be silly, waffles has infinite knowledge of all smashers even the ones not in his region. heck even the ones he has never met or seen play. I dun know what you talkin about.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Easiest way would've been attaching the poll to registration, that way only attendees get to vote.

At this point it's still possible, but you gotta get in touch with the people who already registered.

rhan

Smash Hero
Has my pre-reg form been sent? Just wondering. I still got a chance at going to this. I just gotta hitch a ride from someone in my area. And that's very likely. So yeah. If not I'll get mty mom to send it tomorrow or some time befor ethe end of this month. I got 80 bucks saved for Driver's Improvement classes and I get paid tomorrow so that can just go to that.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
@swift, waffles didnt mention me and im running the tournament and would **** most of those players senseless! ;)

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer

Total: 4
Woah weird. I didn't even know I voted. I would have voted for neutrals.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i may have a second poll beforehand.... hell i may even have a noise contest at the tournament for who wants what??? LOL

we will see. i could always be like "**** u guys we are doing what i want"

but thats not my style :p

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
i may have a second poll beforehand.... hell i may even have a noise contest at the tournament for who wants what??? LOL

i would like to see the noise contest lol (well hear it).

You could always do the whole when people check in they vote for what they want, but that could take forever to tally (unless using a comp system, but even then it'll delay the tourney).

If you set up another poll now with the same 2 options, I wonder how many people will change their minds and go to the neutrals +DK option...

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
Assuming people use their same s/n here as on the registry page on weebly, it wouldn't be too much to just tally who of the actual participants voted for what.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Just because there are people unknown/scrubs (even thou Im pretty sure there are quite a few good ones out there not known) from whatever the place they are doesnt mean they cant vote. Everyone has the right to vote in this poll just like everyone has the right to compete here. The rulesets are already there made by SBR, this is a poll of what ruleset would the people like it to be. I know there are a scrubs out there that dont know what they are voting for, but the same goes for Elections (people just vote for w/e they tell them to or w/e seems good even thou its bad Black:laugh:).

For me it wold be whatever plank likes, but if hes gonna ban mute city, to hell might as well ban all of the cps.

Lets be fair in this.
I actually don't mind the banning of all CPs to be honest. I always hated the idea of someone using a gay counter pick to win. To me the Stage shouldn't interfere with the game so much that you can't be sure who the better player is because someone's getting Blown up or or combo'd by the **** stage.:mad:

Woah weird. I didn't even know I voted. I would have voted for neutrals.
LAWL!:laugh:

in the end it may just come down to this.

Let's have another poll to see who wants to keep this poll.
I vote yes.

i would like to see the noise contest lol (well hear it).

You could always do the whole when people check in they vote for what they want, but that could take forever to tally (unless using a comp system, but even then it'll delay the tourney).

If you set up another poll now with the same 2 options, I wonder how many people will change their minds and go to the neutrals +DK option...
I think these people need to play some sets against really good players that use CP's and once they've lost 10-0 they would change their minds quickly.

Assuming people use their same s/n here as on the registry page on weebly, it wouldn't be too much to just tally who of the actual participants voted for what.
I don't use my same sig anywhere:urg:

Banks

Smash Hero
someone needs to hack melee to turn off the cloud on yoshi's story and the blowing wind on dreamland. otherwise the whole tournament is BULL****

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
someone needs to hack melee to turn off the cloud on yoshi's story and the blowing wind on dreamland. otherwise the whole tournament is BULL****
lmao. The clouds on Yoshi Story are epic but The Wind blowing on Dreamland is annoying and pointless. I can't say how many times I was blown off a platform and killed.:mad:

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
We practise some NTSC yeah. Also tried playing the gay stages but they get turned off after 15 minutes usually. Tbh just go with pokemon stadium, battlefield, fountain of dreams, dreamland 64, FD and yoshi's story, won't get better then that =/
Even tho im not going, i pretty much agree with this, and think this is the more "fair" stage rulest to go with. (in this situation)

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
uhhh

my bad for forgetting people in that list thing

i made that video in like 10mins

i just named people off the top of my head hahahaha, thats why i spelled everything

that song is ****in dope tho!

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
^ This reminds me.

I have to say sorry to Shiz when I see him. I basically Axed him out of the ROM2 Trailer by mistake. People gave me crap for making him look like a whipping boy in my trailer.:laugh:

<3 you shiz.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
uhhh

my bad for forgetting people in that list thing

i made that video in like 10mins

i just named people off the top of my head hahahaha, thats why i spelled everything

that song is ****in dope tho!
I was joking about it in general when i mentioned it just in case ppl didn't realize that I was. Hope Europe is not butthurt about it or anything. My disagreement with remen stands tho

Lobos

Smash Master
plank is going down in the history books
What?! Haven't you heard of "Planking"!??!? :laugh: GG Plank

This needs a venue trailer! The picture slide show is cool and all but just isn't enough hype. Maybe I can go take some footage of the place too show people what its really like?

Granted I don't have a lot of experience with video editing and such but I will actually do it. lol Did you see my work with BTYF? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWGmj7iArQY

Not bad for something that only took me 15mins ;)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
if you wanna come up lobos and take some footage feel free and i can organize a day they can unlock it for us and we can go in.

Remen

Smash Apprentice
@Swiftbass: I think it's pretty obvious that it should be the top players who decide the ruleset, as they would know the most about the game. Of course this doesn't hold true for all of them, but there's an undeniable correlation there.
If we would listen to all the Smash players out there, we would still be playing with items.

And seeing as Cactuar and Linguini have switched sides I can't even see how anyone could keep justifying the current stagelist, when pretty much all the pro's are disagreeing, there has to be something wrong.
And it'd be nice if the stagelist could be decided as soon as possible. Most Europeans don't really know the gay stages that well, so if they're on we'd at least know we have to practice on them. =)

Banks

Smash Hero
@Swiftbass: I think it's pretty obvious that it should be the top players who decide the ruleset, as they would know the most about the game. Of course this doesn't hold true for all of them, but there's an undeniable correlation there.
If we would listen to all the Smash players out there, we would still be playing with items.

And seeing as Cactuar and Linguini have switched sides I can't even see how anyone could keep justifying the current stagelist, when pretty much all the pro's are disagreeing, there has to be something wrong.
And it'd be nice if the stagelist could be decided as soon as possible. Most Europeans don't really know the gay stages that well, so if they're on we'd at least know we have to practice on them. =)
lol you do realize that there are **** tons of good players who voted on both sides that know just about as much about the game as anyone. .. even if they don't win tournaments. You clearly don't know who anyone is....

*Zork*, -=BadNewsBear=-, -ACE-, -Affinity-, -ANTi-, -Hoggle-, .tea©, 2001, 4 the lulz, 718_ROOKI3, a male platypus, actionB@stard, Aesir, Africa, Ally, Alphicans, Alukard, AmcD, an8676, Aniolas, Anomic_Punk, Anubis Ocelot, arrancar 18, Arturito_Burrito, Asaph, AtmaIllumina, AustinRC, Auxori, AxelSlam, Ayaz18, Aztec Avenger, B8RPE, Backward, bad habiT, Ballistics, bananarama, Banks, BassAlbert, bballin, BBQ°, BEHR, Ben-Teezee, ben58461, BetaBahamut, BigLøu, BiN Breezy, Bionic Sonic, Black Jinjo, Black Tyranno, blackanese, blackfox51, bladeofapollo, Blea Gelo, Blitzbolt_, Bloodynite, bobson, bontez, Boofy!, boss8, bottesini, Bounogun, Boxman X, Boxob., bry, Bubbleman_Nsider, Bwmat, B_AWAL, C!Z, CABC, Cactuar, caKe, capemkills, Ch3s, chaddd, CHAiN-ACE, chamberlin, cheezysnacks, chinesahh, chiZZLeSD, ChRed2AKrisp, Chu245, ChuDat, COCMakrobatix, Codi, CommonerCoffee, Comrade, CopyCat, coreygames, CouldRay, Coyn3Masta, CY, D'oH, D. Disciple, D.W., D20, dabuz, Dada2199, Daniel_the_Seraph, Dark Shifter, DarkDragoon, darkgirku, darkoblivion12, DaRkStRiDeR2, DavieBoy, Deathknight, Deez., defsithe, Depster, derfleurer, Desh, dhp1161, dieslow, DippnDots, DJ Nintendo, DJRome, Don Hudson, DonMagicWand, Doomblaze, Doomgaze, Dotcom, Duo55, DZhou, Engel, EPsilon933, Esca, Europhoria, Eval, F1ZZ, FatJackieChan, felipe1123, Finch, Finolimar, Fizzle_Boy, Flan, Fletch, Flo7891, fonzi21, Foxy, Frames, furiousduffmanx, FuRyOf1000SuNs, Fuzzyness, gallax, GamerGuitarist7, ganon543, Ganonsburg, Gecho, GenGastly, Gf2tw, GOTM, Hai Im Fearless, Handorin, harriettheguy, Hazygoose, Hey_its_YO, HolyChef, HomeMadeWaffles, Homeslice, hova, hubble, HUGQ, HugS™, HyperEnergy, I.B, Iliad, ILoveCelebi!!208, inditled, Infern Angelis, IrisKong, ithrowthings, J03, Jartravious, jber4life, JCaesar, JesiahTEG, JFox, JJROCKETS, jjvirus, Jkun, Jove, Juggleguy, Jugz, Just Sexed, JustinKamikaze, Kaffei, KageMurphy, Kaiber Kop, Kane Rave, Karibola, Kawaii Poyo, Keblerelf, Keitaro, Kels88, Ken_Y`, KevinLUU, Kewkky, kewl, KikoMePlease, KillerJawz, King Funk, kingtoon, kirbstir, Kitamerby, KnightMare516, KOkingpin, KoreanStriker93, Kosine, kr3wman, KrazyGlue, Kris121, Kyu Puff, L-J, Laijin, lain, lasershadow, Lawz., Leafplayer452, LegendOfZelda, lemonlau36, Levitibus, Life After Death, lil_b, Linguini, linksta888, Llumys, Lobos, LoganW, LuigiMax, Luju, M@v, macd, Mahie, Makenshi, MarkLoo, MarsFool!, Master Peach, masterdrenin, mathos, maximuspita, maXXXpower, meche313, Megachuk, MegaFEAR, Metà, metaivan, MHoltz, MikeMoney, Milos, Minnty, Mister Eric, mistermoo564, Mogwai, Mokumo, Nakamaru, nawnscents, Ndot, NeverKnowsBest, Nightshine, Ninja48, Noraa, Novice, Nuris, NusCirtap, omegawhitemage, OMG H4X, Omni, OmniOstrich, Ophy, orange/xd, otg, OTRU..., Owndizzl3r_Ownag3, P D, P. O. F., P.C. Jona, Pakman, Palpi, PB&J, pheX, phish-it, Pierce7d, Player-1, Poltergust, PosthumusES, Prawn, prOAPC, prog2112, Pyronic_Star, QDVS, Quaz, R3N0, Rain(ame), Raistlin, Ran Iji, Redd, RedHalberd, Remy LeBeau, Reneblade, Renth, rhan, RJsHouse, Rob_Gambino, Roche_CL, RockCrock, Rogue Pit, Roman., RoyTheFlamboyant, Rubyiris, Rukkiko, RyuKen!, S l o X, S.G., S.R. XXVII, Samus_Hats, Sanuzi, saviorslegacy, Schwa, Scidadle, ScottiePippen, Scrubs, seanthedonconsidine, Sephirothdotcom, sevenmorehills, Shadowball2, Shaky, Shinku, Shroomed, Skater Trainer, skaterbaj, Skler, SkylerSilver, Skylord, SleepyK, slikvik, SLIM, Smash Phoenix, smash64, SmashMac, smashmachine, Sn1per, solecalibur, Spam_arrows, SpartanX123, SPAWN, SpeedYoshi, Squidster, ssbmdemon18, stabbedbyanipple, stealth3654, Steven Jackson Action Jackson, Strawhat64, strawhats, Strong_Bad, Sumer, SUNG475, SuPeRbOoM, SwiftBass, Synchronize, SypherPhoenix, Takeover1806, Talwind, Tarmogoyf the Bloodedge, th0rn, The Atheist, The Cutting Edge, The Greater Leon, The Irish Mafia, The Sex Puma, theeboredone, thegreatkazoo, TheKneeOfJustice, TheManaLord, TheReflexWonder, thesage, Thespis, The_Doug, Thiocyanide, Tiersie, Tink, TKO727, TLMSheikant, Tomacawk, Toobz, trademark0013, TRC, Trikrome, tw1n, Twig, Twin_A, Tyranitarphantom, TyrantWolf, Tyserification, Uli, UltimateRazer, Umbreon, UncleGene, Underload, unknown522, Urban Menace, Utto, Vain, valgar2900, VaNz, Variola, VilNess, Vilt, vioxx1, Virusbluemage, Vro, Vts, weird_lion, wellwisherelf, Wikipedia, Woj, wool, Writer, xMPDx, xX4bdnXx, xyt, xzax1337, Y.b.M., YangFuShang, yellowroy, ynomrahnsguht, Yomi-no-Kuni, yoshq, Yubi, Yunior597, Zeborg, Zero Hour, Zero_Saber, Zoap, Zoro, Zro, zxeon, Zyx, _kadaj_, _Yes!_, ~*Voom*~

wait nvm ur right, there's only four people in there that know about counterpicking. plus take out cactuar and linguini, the best players ever and they got nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom