• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound V Project M Tournament Results - All tournament videos are up!

Buuman

Smash Ace
Was definitely a lot more than 40 trying out and playing the game. Received almost universal praise from people I played with.

A lot of "what the?" and "woooow" being initially said regarding certain changes, but once the mechanics were explained more to the players, reception grew much more positive.

Great tournament, would have gotten a lot more for sure had it not clashed with Melee pools.

Eagerly awaiting the next major tournament already :p Gonna be putting my Lucas through some of that Hyperbolic Time Chamber training.
I approve as I am also Hyperbolic Time Chamber training for future PJM tourneys

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I approve as I am also Hyperbolic Time Chamber training for future PJM tourneys
You do realize you can only do so for two days?
I'd wait until everyone else gets out with a full pool of techniques they spent their time just finding out about, then go in and master those techniques faster than they can.

/inb4TimeChamberisntreal

Buuman

Smash Ace
You do realize you can only do so for two days?
I'd wait until everyone else gets out with a full pool of techniques they spent their time just finding out about, then go in and master those techniques faster than they can.

/inb4TimeChamberisntreal
In that case, my training is complete.

Did finals get recorded?

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
he had melee tourney to play, didn't care enough to switch between games.
Not true, I actually played all the matches I had to play in PM before I finished my Melee ones. As soon as I was done with both, we went out to go eat (because I hadn't eaten anything yet), I got DQd because we took too long..=/

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
props to JCz for the uploads...I wish I had remembered to save the replays for the first rounds for either of my tourney matches

was fun to see the matches that we did save, though =D

already looking for ways to improve my game.......I just gotta find my wiimote so I can finally have a setup! XD

Shroomed

Smash Master
Not true, I actually played all the matches I had to play in PM before I finished my Melee ones. As soon as I was done with both, we went out to go eat (because I hadn't eaten anything yet), I got DQd because we took too long..=/
what's ur thoughts on project M?

i had a ton of fun, i really like playing sonic and i want to do good with a not so great character jus like in melee =)

we should have a project M tourney at every major melee tourney

GuruKid

Smash Ace

i had a ton of fun, i really like playing sonic and i want to do good with a not so great character jus like in melee =)

I like this guyyyy!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah, quite a few people told me they would've entered if it didn't clash with Melee pools. I also think people have generally gotten a bit less open-minded about hacks since Brawl+.

cmart

Smash Lord
I remember trying to get one guy to sign up, and he told me he didn't like Brawl minus and walked away. I was kinda dumbfounded.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Probably too hard to juggle multiple events.
From what I heard, Pound V's schedule didn't really make it easy for Project M to have a lot of entrants. All big tournaments in my opinion should have a full day of freeplay in which side events like this can be held.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

you should of let me teach you more sonic tricks. you would of beat amsah maan

i just learned a 0% fastfaller/spacie gimp that involves a throw, at least 2 different b moves.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I remember trying to get one guy to sign up, and he told me he didn't like Brawl minus and walked away. I was kinda dumbfounded.
One guy I talked to referred to it as Brawl+... go figure. :p

Melee pools did indeed contribute to the low turnout, but the realist in me wants to say that it's more the unfortunate stigma of Brawl mods due to Brawl+'s failure that reduced turnout.

Hopefully that stigma goes away in due time.

toasty

Smash Hero
Im kinda surprised there werent that many entrants at Pound 5 for P:M. I wonder why..
at first it was $10 entry fee...a lot of people were miffed about that, and then they changed it to $5 entry fee...but honestly, even when they did finally get a PA system set up, it didn't seem to actually be built into the venue, so only people within earshot of the speaker could hear what was being said...communication was somewhere between so-so and effing terrible at the event =/ Hell, I didn't even know Amateur Bracket registration happened until that tourney was well underway ;__;

Good god Neko, lrn2english srsly.
at first I thought "hmm? I didn't notice anything..."

and then it hit me:

"should of" and "would of"

edit: FFS if it still didn't hit you it's "should have"/"would have" or their respective contractions

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That is an awesome pic toasty. Mind if I spam it in various threads whenever I need to get that point across?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Someone's ipod that was left at the venue is about to make a child super happy unless someone claims it.

If you left an ipod at the venue, please PM me a description of it so I verify it is yours and return it to you.

Thanks

Kal

Smash Champion
And therein lies MY major problem, my Brawl friends won't play PM with me because they don't like Melee, and my Melee friends will play maybe a couple matches with me, complain it doesn't feel like Melee, and go back to Melee.
For example, one of my friends who was at Pound V (Tirno, Falcon and Falco main) came over and said "lemee try this", within two seconds he was like "wow this is horrible", all because of the landing detection.
Meanwhile I'm left alone fighting computers, and one of my more authoritative friends demands I change the set-up to Melee so that there are more TVs available, what the **** do I do???
I hate Texas Smash...
The state is dominated by stupid Barlw players, and the few Melee players there are are so arrogant.
Come now Rohan, it's not arrogance, we just don't like the game so much. Melee is more fun for us. It's not a big deal.

toasty

Smash Hero
Rohan? More brown smashers? Worrrrrd...*pound*

While on the topic, though, I feel like as far as getting Melee players to join in, this game will be the most immediately appealing to those who played Brawl and gave it an honest shot. Whether they lost the taste for Brawl over time is somewhat irrelevant.

This might just be, though...my initial reaction was "omfggggg this is exactly how I wished Lucas could move in Brawl! And I can WD, edgecancel, etc etc!??! shiiiiiit"

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Come now Rohan, it's not arrogance, we just don't like the game so much. Melee is more fun for us. It's not a big deal.
I just feel like you're not giving it enough of a chance before saying you don't like it.
Idk how much you've played outside of that one smashfest, but you maybe messed around with it for a total of 10 minutes. JF was even worse, he pronounced the game didn't feel like Melee because of ZELDA. Obviously the game isn't perfect yet seeing as that its a demo, but you shouldn't give up on it.
If high-level smashers like Amsah and Shroomed can like it, I feel that you can too.

Also, Texas' Melee community is so small that I was forced to generalize.
Just look at how much the East Coast liked the game, why can't Texas be the same way?
It's bad enough that the Melee community is getting snuffed out by the overwhelming number of Brawl players.

Rohan? More brown smashers? Worrrrrd...*pound*
lol, you're Indian too?

Kal

Smash Champion
I just feel like you're not giving it enough of a chance before saying you don't like it.
Idk how much you've played outside of that one smashfest, but you maybe messed around with it for a total of 10 minutes. JF was even worse, he pronounced the game didn't feel like Melee because of ZELDA. Obviously the game isn't perfect yet seeing as that its a demo, but you shouldn't give up on it.
If high-level smashers like Amsah and Shroomed can like it, I feel that you can too.

Also, Texas' Melee community is so small that I was forced to generalize.
Just look at how much the East Coast liked the game, why can't Texas be the same way?
It's bad enough that the Melee community is getting snuffed out by the overwhelming number of Brawl players.
Is it really that hard for you to accept that we just don't like it? Some high level Melee players may like it, but that doesn't mean we necessarily will. Some of us enjoyed it, particular Sharif and Zack, but the rest of us didn't.

What's really strange is the way you act like we're supposed to like it. You act as though we're doing a disservice by not liking it. And you try to guilt us into "not giving up on it." It's not like we're in a relationship with Project M.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Yeah, quite a few people told me they would've entered if it didn't clash with Melee pools. I also think people have generally gotten a bit less open-minded about hacks since Brawl+.
I definitely would have had I not been in the middle of pools.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Is it really that hard for you to accept that we just don't like it? Some high level Melee players may like it, but that doesn't mean we necessarily will. Some of us enjoyed it, particular Sharif and Zack, but the rest of us didn't.

What's really strange is the way you act like we're supposed to like it. You act as though we're doing a disservice by not liking it. And you try to guilt us into "not
giving up on it." It's not like we're in a relationship with Project M.
This, people need to realize that not everybody is going to like P:M and it's fine not to like it.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
This, people need to realize that not everybody is going to like P:M and it's fine not to like it.
Well obviously you can't expect everyone to like it, but it makes no sense that so many more Melee players like it on the East coast compared to down here, and its not fair...
If I lived up there I wouldn't care that some few Melee players don't like it, because I know that there are others close by that do. Not the case with Texas, partly because of Brawl's despicable stranglehold on the entire state.
And what about that 99.9% of people that tried it at Pound V were positive about it?

Is it really that hard for you to accept that we just don't like it?.
It's hard for me to accept it because I don't feel like you've played it enough yet.
Hell, I didn't like Melee for a while either until I played it a lot more, then I grew to like it.
With Brawl I didn't just write it off, I played it for about a year before finally deciding it wasn't for me.

Kal

Smash Champion
Sorry JCaesar, it didn't occur to me that this thread isn't appropriate for our discussion. We'll continue elsewhere.

toasty

Smash Hero
wtf Chred how did I not know that was you all this time?!

I was like "wtf this dude knows my real name?" XD

And a GA smasher by the name of Umby took the original "Seriously?!?" pic and altered it after some staged elitism in some Atlantic South thread...

inspired by:
*adjusts monocle*
p_o

@Rohan - Bangladeshi, sonnnnn =D

Top Bottom