• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound V Project M Tournament Results - All tournament videos are up!

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
@Rohan - Bangladeshi, sonnnnn =D
awesome, what's your actual name? lol

Well, we're both brown, but I originate from South India so we're still kinda far apart.
I've actually only ever met one other brown smasher my entire life, hence the origin of my tag.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Toasty lives in VA Beach?

He should stop by Little Creek naval amphib base and play P:M with Neko. :V

awesome, what's your actual name? lol

Well, we're both brown, but I originate from South India so we're still kinda far apart.
I've actually only ever met one other brown smasher my entire life, hence the origin of my tag.
is that brown smasher, Ozz? lol

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Super jealous... Austin has NO PM scene.
It's me and people either saying PM isn't fun and that its pretty fun but Melee is better...
And I tried to do wi-fail PM with my friend in Georgia, it just got laggier and laggier then just dropped us.

Neko has heard my sob story about B+.

is that brown smasher, Ozz? lol
nope, Anupam, though idk what his tag is, he's a Marth main.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
but you play lots and lots of melee. so it was

1. a natural transition
2. something you're extremely used to

people who play melee can't use "i've never played project m" as a good point for/against arguements

for the very reason is that if you play **** tons of melee, you can jump into P:M and adjust to minute changes extremely quick and the only things that way different are the non-top tiers buffed and the newcomers.

like really

melee players saying "i've never played project m before" is like pokemon red players saying they never played FireRed.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
but you play lots and lots of melee. so it was

1. a natural transition
2. something you're extremely used to

people who play melee can't use "i've never played project m" as a good point for/against arguements

for the very reason is that if you play **** tons of melee, you can jump into P:M and adjust to minute changes extremely quick and the only things that way different are the non-top tiers buffed and the newcomers.

like really

melee players saying "i've never played project m before" is like pokemon red players saying they never played FireRed.
this post is naive and dumb as ****. i dont know whats worse, that you think melee to p:m blind is a natural competitive transition or that fire red and pokemon red are competitively equivalent (i dont play pokemon but am aware of the differences so as a layman you sound like an idiot). do you also think people have no right to complain about a tv with a frame of lag? i mean, to those of us who play "**** tons of melee" we should be able to adjust to such a minute change right? lol

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
yes transitioning from one game to the other is a natural change that takes little time to get accustomed to.

the games are similar enough where using "i've never played x" as some sort of weight is dumb.

same thing goes with pokemon red to firered (which i never even talked about competitive pokemon but general pokemon).

If you go from red to firered a huge portion of the game will be just as you remember it and manuvering around the game will feel the same versus the original and the only changes you have to get used to inside excluding anything outside start to elite four, are simply updated battle system, updated move pools and maybe a few extra tibits here and there.

The changes are large enough to impact your overall gaming experience, but it's not so radically different where you're holding your head going "ahh what the **** is this is so different ahhh"

and majority of melee players show not feel 1 frame of lag. the only kinds of players who would have the highest chance of being affected by 1 frame of lag are players of the most technically demanding characters.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
yes transitioning from one game to the other is a natural change that takes little time to get accustomed to.

the games are similar enough where using "i've never played x" as some sort of weight is dumb.

same thing goes with pokemon red to firered (which i never even talked about competitive pokemon but general pokemon).

If you go from red to firered a huge portion of the game will be just as you remember it and manuvering around the game will feel the same versus the original and the only changes you have to get used to inside excluding anything outside start to elite four, are simply updated battle system, updated move pools and maybe a few extra tibits here and there.

The changes are large enough to impact your overall gaming experience, but it's not so radically different where you're holding your head going "ahh what the **** is this is so different ahhh"

and majority of melee players show not feel 1 frame of lag. the only kinds of players who would have the highest chance of being affected by 1 frame of lag are players of the most technically demanding characters.
Spikes is right, just face it.

Going straight from Red to Fire Red is a large difference. Since there are over hundred pokemon you are not used to as well as everything new introduced in GSC like hold items and berries.

I've never played P:M but alot of characters are pretty different from their Melee counterparts and the graphics are differernt....so yeah it's alot different only b/c they added alot of stuff that wasnt possible in Melee

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
it's w/e.

i dont think the difference is so huge that you can use it as a supplementary statement when your going, "derp he lose to me and i dont even play this game herp"

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Flawed Pokemon metaphor aside, Neko is right in that you can't be good at Melee and somehow not be good at Project M. The mechanics and Melee top/high tier characters are too similar. You could however be taken off guard by the new or improved characters.

Shenanigans

Smash Cadet
Haha, I could never forget that guy. One of the nicest I met. Didn't he go into the military?
Yo been a while Redd, I'm K.C. Cloud. How ya been man, saw you did awesome at pound 5. wish i could have been there with you guys. Times were to awesome back before i joined the military.

Since i got back i got a new name (just like in the old days lol) but i've been using this one for alot of gaming accounts lol.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
Yo been a while Redd, I'm K.C. Cloud. How ya been man, saw you did awesome at pound 5. wish i could have been there with you guys. Times were to awesome back before i joined the military.

Since i got back i got a new name (just like in the old days lol) but i've been using this one for alot of gaming accounts lol.

Damn!!!! What's up, man? Are you coming back around anytime soon? I'll be in NOVA til August... thanks btw! Feels good to have years of hard work start paying off. =)

Shenanigans

Smash Cadet

Damn!!!! What's up, man? Are you coming back around anytime soon? I'll be in NOVA til August... thanks btw! Feels good to have years of hard work start paying off. =)
Maybe before I deploy, I'll keep up with u guys on the forum. I have been wanting to attend a tourney while on leave in the area. I come back 2 times a year. Would be good to see some old faces. Wanna falco ditto for some blue bawls? Lol, good times.

I'm air force btw.

Shenanigans

Smash Cadet
Haha yea, the area I'm at doesnt have much. A few players here and there but still not many. I get to play Rice and drumma boi tho.

Top Bottom