• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
yo sinji! Why are you biting my Avatar?!?!?!?!

Also, PP I got a question involving stereotypes: Since you're italian, do you move your hands around a lot while you speak?

Also, if Aldwyn sees this: Same question
LOL I forgot you had this last year.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
That was very interesting. Good job, Peepee. Definitely lived up to the hype. Kinda sounds like, at heart, Mango might be (or might have been) a Jiggs main.

I would be interested in seeing a similar type post for Armada, at least, but that's all up to you. Again, great job.

(Also, I don't understand why respect for a player's skill level is automatically meatriding. Would it be better to just say that Mango is "alright," and not acknowledge his true skill level?)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'd be most interested in writing one for Armada next, but I know the least about him haha. I'd have to pick the brains of some europeans and maybe the big man himself but I'm not down for all that yet haha.

And like I said, the nature of the post(focusing exclusively on the guy and his traits that made him successful) just makes it seem like I'm meatriding him.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
write one about me
and my many notable successes at national tournaments over the past 2 years with DK

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i would consider a witty comeback spamming, it doesn't pertain to discussion.

it's true mogwai does **** around, i think every mod does this though, mods wanna has fun too!

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I just realized how bad I am at this game

I hate the Marth matchup! Tips are needed, mainly on approaching.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
marth can punish falco so friggin' hard.

most general advice ever: don't get grabbed, and don't get off stage.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
marth can punish falco so friggin' hard.

most general advice ever: don't get grabbed, and don't get off stage.
Yeah, I was actually getting shield grabbed a lot by my friend's Shiek, but I called upon my inner Falco and started spacing aerials on his shield just far enough for I couldn't get grabbed. I felt sooo boss. And he would also gimp me when I went near the ledge or got offstage, so I stopped going near the edge lol...so I'm guessing I'll kinda have to play like
that vs Marth though...I just can't seem to approach him :(

Mahone

Smash Champion
I just realized how bad I am at this game

I hate the Marth matchup! Tips are needed, mainly on approaching.
I'll give you one tip on how I approach the marth matchup...

Don't get tipped when approaching.

That's just the tip of the iceburg though, just approach me at the next tournament im at for more...

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord

That's just the tip of the iceburg though, just approach me at the next tournament im at for more...
Thanks for the tip(s) lawl.

Edit: I'm not sure if I got trolled or not there..

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
lolol

if you look at the marth, he prolly has habitual reactions to your approaches.
if he just tries to bait shield grabs and it's working, you have to seriously focus on improving that part of your game.

also, if he likes to dash away from your aerials and dash back to grab you, you should start lasering and tomohawking more than just short hop dair like EVERY FALCO PLAYER DOES FOR LIKE TWO YEARS BEFORE THEY LEARN THAT WE ALL KNOW WHAT A ****ING SHUFFLE DAIR LOOKS LIKE

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
then again mango is on yomi level 2 and throws in shffl dairs all day because he can time them properly to not get grabbed, and also because people expect other things (because of metagame trends + mango's conditioning)

D

Deleted member

umbreon youre dumb

i just love competition and admire competitors, cause i aspire to learn form them and beat them
its not meatriding, i dont think many people do that much meatriding anymore. we just respect people who are good
is it meat riding. the best player to respect in this game is yourself and if you're learning from someone else all the time, you're just a worse version of that player and you're never going to "beat them".

if you respect PP, take it out of your mouth cause he'll be nice to you as a person but you'll never be a threat to him in the brackets by doing that ****.

edit: kevin you should stop meat riding mango because you're just going to mentally put yourself under mango even if you're not. "looking up" to someone just lets them look down on you.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
should coughed all over mango at genesis 2

BIOLOGICAL WARFARE BABY!!!!!!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I think you on purpose a word.
sh

THE MAHONE AHHHHH

edit: kevin you should stop meat riding mango because you're just going to mentally put yourself under mango even if you're not. "looking up" to someone just lets them look down on you.
I fixed that problem lol. I mean, I never really cared about being the best but instead about beating everyone, so my motivation isn't as great anymore. I'm over the super respect limiting thing, and it did limit me before, but I still wanted to write about Mango because it's interesting.

should coughed all over mango at genesis 2

BIOLOGICAL WARFARE BABY!!!!!!
Too busy wishing I was home LOL.

I don't remember the Marth question but approaching is lasers then not falling for shield baits and DD tricks and Fair OOS mostly, and if you defend then Bairs or Ftilts or other weird things.

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
also, just read a few pages back with the marth discussion. protip vs marth, laz0rz are priye g3wd.

straight8

Banned via Warnings
Probably sleeping or in school.. but always in GA
is it meat riding. the best player to respect in this game is yourself and if you're learning from someone else all the time, you're just a worse version of that player and you're never going to "beat them".

if you respect PP, take it out of your mouth cause he'll be nice to you as a person but you'll never be a threat to him in the brackets by doing that ****.
no its not and you are just dumb. you dont have the authority to make those kind of declarations

even though there were some competitors i HATED in high school sports, you still respect them as skilled competitors and learn from them. you respect that they have things to teach you about the competition in yourself

for further proof, go look at any other rivalry in competitive history and ask whether they people respect each other. im talking about high level competition, not you playing some noobs backs in 2003 please

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
the only person kevin is worse than is armada. 2nd in the world aint bad tho
Best state support <3

saw kenny post in this thread so i'll post it here too, this is from me and pp for you.

http://i.imgur.com/hm2WJ.jpg
Hahaha totally forgot about that! Glad you like it Kenny! <3

does anyone have advice vs sheik in general? i keep getting ***** by kels' sheik
Sheik in general....

-shoot her
-bait her platform stuff or find tricky ways to poke at/hit her while she's on a platform
-be ready to bair/uptilt/whatever/avoid SH over laser approaches when closeish
-sheik likes taking a laser to Ftilt so hit her after the laser connects or bait the Ftilt/CC it and punish.
-grab the edge vs her recovery and dtilt to kill
-bair when under her
-jump OOS after last hit of uptilt not first

some general and some specific stuff there lol I dunno what he's doing XD

D

Deleted member

no its not and you are just dumb. you dont have the authority to make those kind of declarations

even though there were some competitors i HATED in high school sports, you still respect them as skilled competitors and learn from them. you respect that they have things to teach you about the competition in yourself

for further proof, go look at any other rivalry in competitive history and ask whether they people respect each other. im talking about high level competition, not you playing some noobs backs in 2003 please
i'm not interested in researching somehow less relevant comparisons ("proof") than my own which you are labeling irrelevant.

if you learn from someone else, you are just a second-rate version of that person. in your case, you are a strictly worse version of someone you hate. respect =/= getting better.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
"if you learn from someone, you are just a second rate version of that person."

That's pretty much the dumbest f**king thing I've ever heard.

Top Bottom