• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
That conversation needs to end right now.

-----

I think Puff could have the advantage on Falco. Really. Get at me bros.

It's likely even though, on account of him having a gun, plus his unique ability to combo her and keep relatively safe pressure running. But, I don't know what Puff's full capabilities are when she's capitalising and spacing properly.

Beat!

Smash Master
I think it could be anywhere from 45-55 to 55-45.

Leaning on slight Falco advantage at the moment, but that might as well just be because PP is beating Hungrybox.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
Weren't people scared ****less of Puff like a year ago? I understand that Spacies starting becoming more consistent but the same options are there.... so its just Puff players getting worse, or Spacies getting better (maybe a bit of both?)

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
i honestly feel like hbox represented the puff community as a whole, and he was pretty dominant for awhile, and that annoyed non puffs.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Darc made a few waves, but the only Puff with real impact (barring the fruit) was Hungrybox, and then the very top echelon cracked his playstyle. PeePee just straight got better, Armada started CPing YLink and Mango's always ***** him. M2k goes back and forth with him, the majority of the time losing. This lack of recent success isn't a statement against Jigglypuff as a character, so much as one against Hungrybox as a player.

Bones0

Smash Legend
People freaked out because random Jiggs players would destroy them with a bunch of rest/gimp gimmicks. Then they learned to DI and recover, and they decided "meh, not that bad now that I know the matchup."

That's my perception of it.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I'll just leave this here... >.>

*egg rolls away*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdh7IIX3ZQ0

Im liking falco again ^^

Help me for those who feel like it ^^;

<3
You should slow down your play a bit, honestly. Don't get me wrong, you don't have to do so permanently or anything (I understand how you and axe like playing). The thing is... you're sacrificing a *lot* of precision on various things (jump shines, some pressure, certain combos) by trying to go too fast. If you would slow down your play and get everything completely right and precise, then slowly pick it back up to its current speed, I think you'd get to play how you want to *and* you'd do a lot better.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
leffen is really good
i just hate his posts sometimes
EDIT: was a page back. <3 leffen tho all things considered

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i find it difficult to critique AZ vids because anything you say gets chalked up to "well thats just our playstyle we like doign those things"

which is fine. But its impossible to give a normal critique of "you could be doing this better, choosing this option etc" because its not a lack of skill. they are playing that way on purpose. so im just like.... =/

CK Momentum

Smash Apprentice
JPOBS, i took a final today, and I dont even know who you are but i took a piece of broken pencil lead and wrote "JPOBS" on the desk. lmfao. Does AZ play like a bunch of trolls?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
AZ's playstyle is good for Melee. Those guys are so damn fun to watch. Just watch it, have fun, don't critique, even if they ask, IMO :laugh:. Like, Vman, you're doing everything almost perfect bro, just do more double shines and try to break someone's shield with platform drop canceled bairs.

leffen

Smash Champion
@puff:
shes 5th or worse.

peach outperforms her by ****loads.

@Vman: You need to work on your punishment/pressure game. It felt like it was all neutral game lol, and you didn't manage to get a single good combo in tbh.

fun to watch tho.

CK Momentum

Smash Apprentice
Bones I'm trying to find a zip up sweatshirt that I can iron on the letters CK to it. I think that would be pretty legit. Also if you wanna be in Fashion Sense BR, you'll have to fill out an application. Did you see my money match vs. Dr. PP?

ALSO: thanks for that info on shield dropping and I watched that zhu video i cannot do it that fast yet but htats cos i spot dodge like 8 times before properly hitting the drop. I think its gonna add a little flavor to my marth matchup though when I learn it. But the main course is still not getting uthrown. ever. And camping lasers in an attempt to get my opponent to press L+R+A+start.

lightsyde: i see you lurkin HIDE YO KIDS!

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Lets get back to shield dropping for a sec. Can bones or leffen (or anyone) tell me something:

is it easier to Shield drop if you light shield?
For some reason i NEVER get te drop if i full shield. I can occasionally do it if I only slightly hit the trigger (light shield) is that a legic mechanic or am I trippin?

also, I'm like 10 times more consistent if I use R than if I use L 0_o

crush

Smash Master
ALSO: thanks for that info on shield dropping and I watched that zhu video i cannot do it that fast yet but htats cos i spot dodge like 8 times before properly hitting the drop. I think its gonna add a little flavor to my marth matchup though when I learn it. But the main course is still not getting uthrown. ever. And camping lasers in an attempt to get my opponent to press L+R+A+start.
aww cmon dont spam lasers that's not fashionable.

yeah spife and diesel are really ****ing loud lol

:phone:

Fernandez

Smash Journeyman
he did it what, 3 times in 3 sets ;o and zero times before that tournament?

no disrespect to him but it wasnt any really "pressure" either, and he could have punished those uairs with a knee etc oos.

If he does more often then awesome, really good to see it spreading

I've been doing it for at least a year now though ;<
he used it since may or something in tournament
also upair is better with falcon cuz you can combo after hitting it

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Oh, @ Kage. BS was referring to the fact that he feels leffen has a creative spark that is unlike other high level players he's seen. Unlike being not the same as the others, which implies that they all have creativity, but that few are better with it than others.

:phone:
Being better with creativity is pretty hard to judge because whenever I see 2 really good players play, I'm always like: "Holy **** that was cool, these guys are incredible" I mean just the decision making, tech skills and reactions and all that stuff. I think it all goes together. How would you define someone that is more creative? I can't really see that lol.

Top Bottom