• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I try to play like I just don't give a ****/disrespect everything/with absolute confidence.

sometimes it works and I get like, 4th.

Sometimes I'm like OGOD PLEASE DON'T HURT ME, and geth 5th/7th

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I play better (like, I don't lose as much) when I'm confident and not running. But whenever I'm placed out of position, or I get stopped too many times, I start playing scared again. Once I can learn to simply go in, I imagine I'll get a lot better. So yeah, I agree with what you're saying, Bones. Besides, it is the best way to learn. Just throw everything you can, and see what sticks. Then get rid of what doesn't.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
We were talking about small nuances of smash and you were like this game is too hard i don't want to play anymore.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Oh. No, that was me just joking (kind of, this game is intimidating sometimes). It's still really fun, though. And I'd never go to any other variation.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
crystal beasts sucks blackwings r where its at
A. Whether or not they were good or not wasn't the topic at hand.

B. Unless something super radical happened this list, bw has been garbage since 2011. I loved dominating my locals/on dgz with be though.

:phone:

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
A. Whether or not they were good or not wasn't the topic at hand.

B. Unless something super radical happened this list, bw has been garbage since 2011. I loved dominating my locals/on dgz with be though.

:phone:
loool i havent played since like 2010

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
constantly approaching is the best way to play this game
Yes, but it's extremely difficult to do. And it's way more costly if you mess up. Also, not every character has the means to do this effectively on a competitive level.

Bones0

Smash Legend
The best part about approaching a lot is you can bait sooooo much more easily when you DO decide to play defensive. That's why Mango's DD is so much scarier than everyone else's. He rushes you down all game, and just when you think he's committing to another approach he waits and punishes your counter-attack/defensive option. Of course this also works the other way with players like Hbox. He spaces bairs defensively then swoops in when you're sure he isn't approaching. Conditioning at its finest.

Niko45

Smash Master
Good stuff Bones. It's really good to disrespect a lot of the time. Even if you know what you're doing isn't technically safe, if they don't call you on it you're gonna get paid. The Falcos who get scared and roll/sidestep a lot, at least against Marth, are the easiest by far cause despite being scared and not knowing what to do they're not even at the very least throwing out Falco's good hitboxes hoping they'll catch. Stuff like wake up dair can ****.

KUSH.

Smash Apprentice
Damn that is a really good point Bones, I've never thought of it like that.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
the new metagame for wake up on knockdown and tech is offense

stand -> uptilt
tech roll -> dash attack
tech in place -> dair

un****ing-beatable

defensive options like rolling/spotdodging are left in 2011. #leanmelee.

Top Bottom