• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PPMD's Falco Discussion Thread

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
Sheik's gay because she has a lump in her spandex.

But really, Sheik punishes too damn hard. I can't ever like her. ...And she's gay.

D

Deleted member

i'm pretty sure that falco was specifically designed to beat sheik, and being assbusted against everyone else is a byproduct from that condition.

i really hate that match as sheik and love it as falco.

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
I'd have to say I'm quite the opposite, however I do agree with the statement above it.

I just hate on Sheik for ftilt > fair. :haterade:

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Hi again guys!

I just played in a tournament yesterday and I was wondering if anyone felt like giving feedback on my play. A lot more footage was captured this time. I feel like my laser game is still lacking quite a bit, but I feel that I've applied my other technical elements a bit better. Still trying to refine my option selections, but that should come with experience.

ThatGuy (Falco) vs Kage (Ganon)

ThatGuy (Red Falco) vs Pikalex (Black Falco)

ThatGuy (Falco) vs Erayz (Fox)

ThatGuy (Red Falco) vs Mifune (Black Falco)

I'm not asking to watch all of them of course, but the most helpful set that could be critiqued would be the one against Erayz. I have a feeling this boils down to my laser play again.

For reference, this was the video that I had asked advice for from last month: ThatGuy (Falco) vs Mifune (Fox) crew battle

Cheers!

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i'm pretty sure that falco was specifically designed to beat sheik, and being assbusted against everyone else is a byproduct from that condition.

i really hate that match as sheik and love it as falco.
Exactly what I was thinking.

unknown522

Some guy
Joel, advice coming later.

Edit: IMO falco v sheik is even. But if I had to say that a character wins? It'd be falco (like if someone said "no you have to pick one")....

:phone:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I say shiek because I personally think Falco has to work harder. Typically when you have an even match up, I say the person who has to work harder loses. It's why I say Falco beats Marth.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I say shiek because I personally think Falco has to work harder. Typically when you have an even match up, I say the person who has to work harder loses. It's why I say Falco beats Marth.
idk, if by work harder you mean more buttons than yeah

if u mean try to win when both chars are playing as good as possible then no

i think falcos the best in singles but becomes significantly worse in teams (except mango, but his best in teams by far is puff imo)

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
Falco vs Sheik is fun when the Sheik isn't needle camping or throwing out mass amounts of fairs. A Sheik with a good gimp game and tech reads is very deadly against Falco.

I believe if you placed two evenly skilled players- one playing Falco, and the other playing Sheik, you'd be able to see that the matchup is 50/50.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
^ Nice avatar. Making me wanna go play that game right now. And more on topic I agree with you that the matchup is actually fun when neither of them plays really dumb. They both can easily do it though. Both characters combo each other really nicely though so it makes the matchup fun how back and forth it can go and fun when you have the momentum.

@Bl@ckChris I had no idea he went Puff that recently. Ima look up videos now.

EDIT: Nevermind, for some reason I was thinking of the most recent ROM, I remember him going Puff at ROM4

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
^ Nice avatar. Making me wanna go play that game right now. And more on topic I agree with you that the matchup is actually fun when neither of them plays really dumb. They both can easily do it though. Both characters combo each other really nicely though so it makes the matchup fun how back and forth it can go and fun when you have the momentum.
Thanks man! I just finished my Half EXP Mania run today actually. There were some points where I was compelled to throw my controller it was so frustrating.

Being a Falco main, my favourite matchup is actually Falco vs Sheik. I enjoy comboing her more than a do Falco, Fox, or any other character. The fact that she has harsh punishes and easy gimps makes the matchup difficult and enjoyable. I play flashy and tend to go near the edge a lot, which usually leads to a quick loss of stocks on my part. I also get shield grabbed a lot as my shield pressure is very faulty- but I play against a horrible Sheik so it's not all that bad :troll:

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
-the hell!?

How much are those devil arms doing then? Well, provided your transferring over the data each time.
I'm only doing around 5000 per hit with Nebilim/Soul Eater...which I don't get because people with 4 playthroughs say theirs do more damage.

I hear they stop increasing at 5000, but other say it isn't. But I haven't used any herbs on my characters, and a lot of people herb farm to increase their stats even higher after hitting level 250.

This is all off topic though.

Dr Peepee's Discussion Thread (aka social thread)
Yeah, I played through about 4-5 times and did probably 4k-6k in damage per regular attack. I've done upwards of 10k-18k in a single hit with a tech.

But I guess... What sort of position do you want to work on in falco dittos. Once you get hit by the first laser, it seems like there is no way to regain control without going to platforms. As in your own short-hops get eaten from the other falco.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
he went some puff at rom4

idk about anything else recently though.
I think he only went Puff at Zenith, RoM 4 recently and only vs my team. lol. It's definitely a pain in the *** to deal with since he's so ****ing good. It makes me remember RoM 1 and 4 where he landed sooo many rests on Brinstar.

unknown522

Some guy
Yes tales of symphonia!!

Inb4 umbreon makes a long post about the game.

Also you can do upwards of 25k damage with rising falcon if you have the devil arms equipped

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Updating the title to reflect the fact that I'll be around here less for a while(should have been done a while ago I know).

I'll swing by when I have something relevant to share I suppose.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
I panicked when I didn't see "Dr.PeePee's Discussion Thread"....but then I found it, under a different name!

Mindgames.

D

Deleted member

Inb4 umbreon makes a long post about the game.
i have the devils arms sitting at 9.8k and they're definitely still growing. i see nothing that would suggest that they stop at 5k flat.

i herb farmed sheena to 999 int so cyclone seal hits abyssion for like 12k. the stat farming is still weaker than the devils arms growths so it's usually better to still spell cancel or serpent seal lock him than even going for 999s on stats with really high damage modifiers.

iirc nebilim demonic circle is the strongest non-special skill, so start your testing there (biggest damage modifier = nebilim count boosts are more obvious visually). obviously it's not as good as the hi-ougi skills.

Squirt

Smash Apprentice
Quick question. IMO in any falco vs fox or falco dito the best way to edgeguard "Generally" is from the edge itself. Is this a good default opinion? I understand you don't always want to be predictable and other things like paying attention to your oponent, but I feel like this should be a foundation.

I'm asking because I see so many vids where there is a falco dito and the player edgeguarding never wants to edgehog almost for fear of falling off the stage. After seing the player miss his openent with a smash attack, I start yelling at my computer screen "If you had grabbed the stage you would have elliminated that option and then you could have just edgehogged to ariel-KOd him!"

I've seen vids where Dr. PP upb's to the edge and his opponent jumps to try to edgehog and lets him on but shouldn't I start by assuming the player is dumb and work my way up to a realistic view? Or should I start the other way?

LOL I took a simple question and branched it into a bigger isue again, sorry.

Grabbing the ledge is good for the case of Fox/Falco recovering below or adjacent to the stage ledge. If Fox is coming in from above, then getting to the ledge isn't that great. He can recover to the upper platform where Falco/Fox can't punish if your still on the ledge.

Top Bottom