• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pre Pound 4 Crew Battle Plans(Melee)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Hazy, NES n00b is the man but he's not on PP's level, sorry.
first of all, i think you're wrong. last time they played in tournament it went to game 3, usually barely beating someone doesn't mean that they're on a completely different level last time i checked. even so, my point was:

shalom basically pointed out that i put nes noob on the list and chops as an alternate. he also thinks nes noob is at a lower level. consider this - the last tournament chops was in, he didn't make it out of pools, losing to mattdotzeb. the last tournament nes noob was in, he got first, beating kels. this is obviously not a perfect reflection nor does it appropriately dictate the skill of the two players, but if you want to negatively judge nes noob in comparisson, it seems foolish to me. don't worry, i know chops is beast, i just think there needs to be mroe perspective than "FL is beast."

Life After Death

Smash Champion
1 bad record doesnt effect a consitent player lol if dr pp didnt make it out of pools at rom he still be garanteed a spot in pound 4 crews cuz his past placings makes it that a bad placing barely has an effect lol its like GPA.

not only that chopz forfeited singles lol how does that make sense its almost liek nto attending singles.

shalom

Smash Journeyman
You're right my pointing out of tourneys was somewhat a weak argument, but let's consider that they are all on the same level. In that case would you rather have a beast falcon or a beast falco? You talked about getting cp'd, but I think falcon can get cp'd so much harder than falco ever could. So, if they are all on the same level I think it would be smarter to go with the falcos.

However, if you truly believe that NES Noob is part of the top 8 in the south than you are completely justified in believing that he should be on the team, but I disagree.

Edit: Beating someone in a head to head matchup doesn't mean you are necessarily on their level. You could beat someone in a head to head, but do infinitely worse vs. other players than that person does.

Pi

Smash Hero
Juss a reminder to not get heated in this thread
At this point we're really juss debating how many stocks we wanna win crews with.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
We still sort of need a 10 man crew. Plank said we had to have an 8 man crew + 2 alts. If we can agree on 10 people, then it's only a matter of discussion in a private forum who our main 8 person crew will be.

I think most of the crew has been decided, but it looks like there's the last spot in the 8 or 10 man lineup that is heavily debated. We need to find a way to come to a consensus on this soon and stop trying to attack one another.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
my bad, i thought it was closer. still, darkrain has been 4-stocked by m2k and it would be stupid to say he's not a top end player. so unless people are constantly thwomping on nes noob instead of just one match then i don't see it as pertinent. nes noob has gotten susbtantially better since then based on tourny results, but i indeed throw out my argument about equating him to pp based on their last set, though, ha :D

You're right my pointing out of tourneys was somewhat a weak argument, but let's consider that they are all on the same level. In that case would you rather have a beast falcon or a beast falco? You talked about getting cp'd, but I think falcon can get cp'd so much harder than falco ever could. So, if they are all on the same level I think it would be smarter to go with the falcos.

However, if you truly believe that NES Noob is part of the top 8 in the south than you are completely justified in believing that he should be on the team, but I disagree.

Edit: Beating someone in a head to head matchup doesn't mean you are necessarily on their level. You could beat someone in a head to head, but do infinitely worse vs. other players than that person does.
you're smart, i like you. lol, but yeah, it pretty much comes down to if people think nes noob is as good as chops or not. hopefully everyone's judgment becomes more alligned by pound, and winterfest/local tournies until then should help correlate everyone's opinions and skill judgment. until then i guess we either go with the masses' opinion or come up with a core few and wait to fill in the holes? what doth say ye, mikus?

Pi

Smash Hero
when i win winterfest can i be considered :D

but srs
can't WAIT to see south **** crews.
wanted to see it so bad at gen
but here is juss as good.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I would say that chops is better vs. a broader spectrum of players, especially the higher end calibur players than is NES Noob, which is extremely important when deciding who to choose. Also for a point of reference chops 2-0ed nes noob at TO5 in pools (2 stocking him both times I think).
I'm pretty sure nes noob beat chops in tournament before.

And -Chad- for that matter, or at least complain how badly he did in a match whether he won or lost.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
My Top 10 South Crew:

Colbol
Lambchops
DaShizWiz
Dr. Pee Pee
Hungrybox
RockCrock
Darkrain
Linguini
Green Mario
Uuaa
Special Guest Alternate: MEEEEEE!!!!!!! LOL

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
lol

this is what I'm looking at based on all of your opinions.

The must haves no matter what:

Colbol - Fox
HungryBox - Puff
Dr Pee Pee - Falco
DaShizWiz - Falco/Fox?
Darkrain - Captain Falcon
Chops - Falco
Linguni - Ganon
LoZr - Fox

We really need these guys too:

Chaddd - Ganon
Xif - Peach
Ihavesapceballs - Samus
RockCrock - Ganon/???
Nes Noob - Captain Falcon

Alright, Any objections?

Life After Death

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure nes noob beat chops in tournament before.

And -Chad- for that matter, or at least complain how badly he did in a match whether he won or lost.
he never beaten me in tourney... i beat him in pools. and he has beaten me in friendlies lol just saying wat happens n1ggas be making up madddd **** lol even if i dont enter any of these oos tourneys or do bad in them im still garanteed the spot in the crews cuz of past tourney performance its i would have to get ***** by everyone in 5 tourneys in a row. if i lose to nes noob or w/e alt there is once.... ok thats cool but how many time can u beat me consistently

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Chops: that's what I thought happened too. I'd also like to hear what NesNoob has to say about all this.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm fine with your list and captain you suggested, Mike G.

Nes Noob has probably read this but hasn't posted lol. I doubt Nes Noob cares much though because he's probably going to go play for the MW if we don't use him.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I didn't suggest Rock. He nominated himself. I also have no objections with him as Captain.

As for Nes Noob...

He better care! it's for the Future of the South :mad:

Life After Death

Smash Champion
rock for captain son. if ya dont want him to be captain im down for that position also im good at that crap. but to me rock is beast at it

D20

Smash Lord
Wow. I just took a brief look through this thread, and if you guys bring any of the 10 man teams you have been throwing around... you are going to be very tough to beat. Good luck all!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i already told chops before. he lives in NY now, he plays for the east. it doesnt matter where you -were- from.

it's one thing if you are somewhere for college or something, but he literally MOVED to NY and is staying there and has been coming to our tournaments. Come pound 4 he will have been EC for almost 3 months, sorry south!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I'm not sure about M2K yet. M2K is in the MW for college, his parents still live in NJ and I think he still comes back for the winters? I haven't gotten into the logistics of who m2k will be playing for.

Like I said before if it's just for college it's different, but lambchops said hes not moving back south

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I'm not sure about M2K yet. M2K is in the MW for college, his parents still live in NJ and I think he still comes back for the winters? I haven't gotten into the logistics of who m2k will be playing for.

Like I said before if it's just for college it's different, but lambchops said hes not moving back south

that's not really fair. Back at FC3 I was allowed to play for the EC after living in GA for almost a year.

He's been trained by the south. He hasn't lived there long enough to fully call himself EC yet. I hope you can understand that

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah I know what you mean, but at the same time that I can present the point that the crew battle has one purpose, and that's to choose who the best region is at this particular time. We aren't having a crew battle to choose who was better a year ago, when the player lived there, though, we're choosing what region is better now and if anything, for who'll continue to be better in the future. Who is to draw the line when we decide Okay, now Chops can play for East Coast since he's been here for (what arbitrary number) of months/years? I think it's more fair to just say you play for the place you legally reside in, with a small number of exceptions usually being college people because you know they're going back and they're going to continue to play with that same group of smashers there.

shalom

Smash Journeyman
that's good for us now we have an insider on the East to sabotage and tell us everything lol But lambchops still visits the south and his family still lives here (he will be back in December). If he said he was coming back to the South would that satisfy you Plairnkk? Seriously, M2k will be spending like 3-4 years of his life in the MW. He lives there and vacations on the east coast for school breaks. If the east doesn't get M2k then we shouldn't get chops, but if they do then chops should get to be on our team. (the team he actually wants to play for)

Edit: looking at your post the restrictions should be to what state you receive your personal mail lol

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
again, that college argument isn't a very good one and because of it you are contradicting yourself with it. Someone moving somewhere for college should be the same as someone moving for whatever reason why? Because they're moving. So with that logic M2K should automatically play for the MW.

What you're doing isn't fair to chops. He didn't move up there simply because he wanted to. Personal problems forced him to make that decision. And even after a few months Everyone here(and i'm pretty sure most of EC) still considers him south. Who's to say that he won't change his mind and move back sometime in the future anyway?

I'm asking you out of fairness (and Toasty has already mentioned that you are a great man in this Dept) please reconsider.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yeah thats true i didnt realize m2k would be gone for 4 years

i asked lambchops if he was moving back, he told me no. thats why i made my decision, if thats changed, i didnt know.

im just really baked. its hard to argue intelligently at all. worst time to catch me with tournament organizing questions: after 10 PM on a weeknight. ill look at it again tomorrow.

shalom

Smash Journeyman
The college argument is weak because Plairnkk is basing it off the notion that he KNOWS (something which cannot really be known yet) m2k will eventually, at some unpredetermined time down the road, return to the east coast. Then the same thing could apply to chops.

Edit: alright we should wait for Plairnkk to not be blazed anymore before we continue this argument lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom