• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pre Pound 4 Crew Battle Plans(Melee)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
im tempted right now to say that these players just shouldnt be able to play for either crew cuz they are in transition.

its not fair for them to play for one crew cuz they dont ACTUALLY EVEN LIVE THERE ANYMORE but they were raised from there and played with them for so long

its not fair for them to play for the other crew because that region hasnt shaped anything about him, why should they get to use their own weapon against them?

i have no idea which side to be on. personally, i dont care cuz EC is gonna win anyway, so whatever. Maybe the players can just pick as long as they arent doing ridiculous ****.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Plank it's easy bro: just let them play where their heart is. It's the only way they will enjoy themselves and we'll all have a good time at pound. =D

shalom

Smash Journeyman
While I disagree with EC winning, I think letting the players choose, barring any ridiculousness like Chudat playing for the west coast after staying with Ken, is the best option. It's in your best interests too because without m2k the beating the south would have given you would have been demoralizing lol

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
lol plus I know alot of battle tactics that Wife has passed down to me <3.

but EC's has got this, Plank, no need to worry =D

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I cant wait til people sleep on Wife. The guy seriously does not lose his touch AT ALL. Every tournament he goes to he just *****, they are just so here and there.

And

Hes a strategical genius.

He won teams tournaments....with HUSBAND as his partner.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
LOL who's arguing about that, Plank? are you trying to bait a Flame post or are you really in the skies? lol

I know Chris and Kevin, I grew up with them back in the golden age of melee. Where you at back in those days? LOL

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
i heard m2k lives in MW and pays vidjo rent every month and if m2k can play for easstcoast then im playing for south

-chopz

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I was just making a joke to make light of the situation. We always joke around here about how wife carries the team. Guess it didnt get to the south :p

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Plank: uh, You do remember that the south(really just FL) has a bounty on Husband's head right?

Husband used to trash talk FL for free back when they were still developing and he drew a pic of him picking up the state and throwing it in the gulf LOL

The South is all about joking around but some things you can't mess with. Read up on yo history, son!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
LOL wow i totally forgot about that whole husband situation

mike g-->too old school for plank

PB&J

Smash Hero
m2k forfeited to the south @ genesis to get it clear because , he said" u guys are too stacked"

that's besides the point though, m2k told me he moved to mw because vidjo is his best friend plus school and will always live there..if he is playing for east coast, chops needs to play for the south..which will only make it fair, plus u want people to have the best exp @ pound and that will make it epic..i think

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Husband used to trash talk FL for free back when they were still developing and he drew a pic of him picking up the state and throwing it in the gulf LOL
Forgotten rivalries or not, this image was really funny in my head.

Honestly, I can see things from Plank's viewpoint. The crew match should test who the best players are in that region at that moment.

But honestly, who cares?

@Plank: I need to introduce myself to you at Pound 4. Then we need to smoke.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
nah i definitely live in NY but i got my smash skills from the south. for this crew battle ill play for the south next year ill just do eastcoast.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
Plank...cmon dude. You're really arguing that nonsense?

Sure on paper it sounds like a sound argument.

But the reality is that not everyone will agree that crew battles do/mean what you're implying.

It's not like me moving to Georgia automatically made me a GA Smasher. What if I didn't like it down here [lol], or they didn't like me? What if I still felt that SoVa had such a deep impact on who I am as a Smasher that I'd rep them over anyone else any day.

The point is, it's kinda my choice. Granted I now claim ATL South as my Smash home...but that's because I just prefer the scene here, and they've been beyond welcoming [and I've improved vastly in a shorter amount of time compared to my life in SoVa].

Gah...no see that can be taken apart and made to seem like a weak argument as well.

I guess it just illustrates the fact that this kinda thing has too many variables for it to have defined rules.

But yeah...crew battles [esp regional ones] can be pretty emotional beasts, relatively speaking. It's about where their heart's at and who their "crew" is. Is Chops were asked who his "crew" is, he'd almost undoubtedly say "Florida."

You know what?

Real life example.

Soccer.

Cristiano Ronaldo is an amazing soccer STAR who plays for Real Madrid (Spain)...which means he gets paid $$$$$$$$$$ out the *** for playing for a Spanish team.

But when the World Cup...you know...the greatest collection of the greatest soccer teams from around the world...comes along next year, who is he going to play for?

His home country: Portugal

[/discussion]

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I think chu just ruined it for everyone by abusing the logical choice to choose who you feel you should play for just to create drama

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
I really think i should be in the crew, ive always done better at crews it seems than singles for some reason. I dont know who is ultimately deciding this though . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom