• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pre Pound 4 Crew Battle Plans(Melee)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Would it be too much to ask to have you both who quoted me to... like...edit that out.

I'd rather not appear a totally insensitive prick.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
lol, even though it would be cool to say I've played for 3 different regions...I think being South captain kinda supersedes that.

I didn't know about this thread so I made one in the Tournament discussion for AS...as far as starters I think these are the obvious definites

Hungrybox
Dr PP
Darkrain
DaShizWiz
Colbol

I'm not sure if Xelic is planning on going because he hasn't been playing in ages, and he usually doesn't go to tournaments during the school year. Aside from me, Xelic and darkrain, there's another player from Texas who is supposed to be really good, ARC. He beat Xelic 3-1 in losers finals and 6-0'd Caveman in Grand Finals in August if I remember correctly. He's always been fairly solid, but I haven't seen him since he's apparently gotten really good. Not sure if he's going to pound, but he plays Marth and Fox.

As for the remaining 3 spots for prelims, I'd lean towards Linguini, myself (especially vs East and West), and Rock Crock. My only concern is having multiple Ganons, but it worked at Genesis (lol) Linguini essentially won crews against Midwest @FC for us and Rock is always beast in crews. As far as alternates/starters for finals go, I've heard good things about l0zr and UberIce. I haven't seen L0ZR play since January, but I assume he's still a pretty beast Fox (also Falcon right?)

I know people are always on Chops' nuts, but he's terribly inconsistent, especially from what I've seen while he's been here.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
DoH- At Tipped Off 5, LoZR took 11 stocks in crews. It was supposedly recorded, but I don't know what happened to the footage.
Anyway, he has a very good crews mindset.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
He's gonna go Fox.

As for Rockrock:

Yeah everything is looking good, guys. Lets not forget about Iori/PikaChad. And for the record, I'd put Chaddd in over myself.
I think we had started to agree on the crew before the Chops legality discussion lol. I'm gonna go look at that to see where we were on the issue....

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm not saying we should omit him, just putting his thoughts back out there.

Edit: We probably should start with this:

lol

this is what I'm looking at based on all of your opinions.

The must haves no matter what:

Colbol - Fox
HungryBox - Puff
Dr Pee Pee - Falco
DaShizWiz - Falco/Fox?
Darkrain - Captain Falcon
Chops - Falco
Linguni - Ganon
LoZr - Fox

We really need these guys too:

Chaddd - Ganon
Xif - Peach
Ihavesapceballs - Samus
RockCrock - Ganon/???

Alright, Any objections?
I'm fine with the 8 man crew we have there, but we'd have to worm down the alternates to 2 people if we all agreed on the same top 8.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
lol, even though it would be cool to say I've played for 3 different regions...I think being South captain kinda supersedes that.

I didn't know about this thread so I made one in the Tournament discussion for AS...as far as starters I think these are the obvious definites

Hungrybox
Dr PP
Darkrain
DaShizWiz
Colbol

I'm not sure if Xelic is planning on going because he hasn't been playing in ages, and he usually doesn't go to tournaments during the school year. Aside from me, Xelic and darkrain, there's another player from Texas who is supposed to be really good, ARC. He beat Xelic 3-1 in losers finals and 6-0'd Caveman in Grand Finals in August if I remember correctly. He's always been fairly solid, but I haven't seen him since he's apparently gotten really good. Not sure if he's going to pound, but he plays Marth and Fox.

As for the remaining 3 spots for prelims, I'd lean towards Linguini, myself (especially vs East and West), and Rock Crock. My only concern is having multiple Ganons, but it worked at Genesis (lol) Linguini essentially won crews against Midwest @FC for us and Rock is always beast in crews. As far as alternates/starters for finals go, I've heard good things about l0zr and UberIce. I haven't seen L0ZR play since January, but I assume he's still a pretty beast Fox (also Falcon right?)

I know people are always on Chops' nuts, but he's terribly inconsistent, especially from what I've seen while he's been here.
tourney results overall shows otherwise......u want to 5$ 10$ 20$ mm? double or nothin? triple or nothin?

j00t

Smash Champion
There is so much I want to do for this crew, but sadly I can't right now.

You guys better take this for n00b.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
plank said you guys don't make a crew of 8 + 2 alts, you make a crew of 10. when it comes time for your match at the tournament then you just pick 8 people out of the 10.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol well then.....

I'll repost my thoughts on this. I'm just trying to get some discussion going I guess.

1. Pp- does well vs falcon/kage(=p)
2. Hbox(Marth, Sheik, Falcon?)
3. Colbol
4. Shizwiz
5. Linguini(falcos/marths as far as I know)
6. Chops(spacies)
7. Darkrain
8. LoZR(ganons, but has a mindset for crews that is greater than his singles mindset. if other proof is required, he took 11 stocks in crews at TO5.)
9. Chaddd(Peach/Ganon?)
10. Spaceballs/XIF/DoH-they're talented and I don't know what they excel in, but I have played them and they seem qualified. Of those I've played, I probably feel safest about using XIF, but it's hard to decide.

I'll throw Pikachad in for the #10 spot as well. I really don't know who to support among those 4.

DJRome

Smash Hero
so you did retract rockcrock. . . rc>chaddd imo

and id say another puff>#10 choices of floaties

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I think chadd has done alot to prove himself already,

And RockCrock already said that he would put Chaddd over himself

Life After Death

Smash Champion
i vote for lozr chaddd xif and rock....rest of the players havent proven why thye shud be over these players except saying that they shud be on it which means nothin we are just gonna ignore posts like that cuz its about tourney results.

DJRome

Smash Hero
chops, r u saying you want those 4 over you and that you not be in crews? because those 4 + top 6

1. Pp- does well vs falcon/kage(=p)
2. Hbox(Marth, Sheik, Falcon?)
3. Colbol
4. Shizwiz
5. Linguini(falcos/marths as far as I know)
6. Darkrain

Life After Death

Smash Champion
no i meant that players liek DoH ect... havet proven that they are better than thsoep layer i listed between those players whoever of them does the best in these few tourneys coming up b4 pound will be in the crew. so we gotta wait and c to vote chaddd rock xif and lozr. i think lozr will win this debate though....

we already have the non negotiable players voted u cant do anything about that. its gonna stay like that

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
lol chops you've avoided playing me the past few tournaments in friendlies and you rarely have money to enter or eat at tournaments, why would I mm you when I'm not sure you can back it up?

I'm really good vs Peach (I've beaten players like Cort and Mike G in tournament, and Vidjo, VanZ and Vwins in friendlies), Ice Climbers (Chu and Wobbles have to use their secondaries to take matches from me) and I'm fairly good vs Samus, Falcon, Sheik, and can hold my own vs Marths, Foxes, Puffs and Falcos. I'm really not fond of the Falco matchup, but I've been getting better at it playing on the EC.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
nah i can back it up but if u dont want to mm then dont do it lol but im always down for the mm anyday just let me know.

i avoided u cuz i havent been in the mood to play smash but i started playing a little bit more friendlies

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I doubt that LoZR will travel anywhere major before Pound 4.

I still feel like he'd make a good addition to the crew, but I don't know how to convince those of you who disagree.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
umm right b4 pound or at pound 4 ill try to help to get lozr to play for the crew battle i think his tourney placings beats chaddd and rocks though its why i thnjk he'll be in crews for sure

DJRome

Smash Hero
the latest tourney result is that lozr beat chaddd & xif. . . and if chaddd>rc according to rc. . . it's obvi lozr is in. and esp since it's a top 10, not top 8

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
umm right b4 pound or at pound 4 ill try to help to get lozr to play for the crew battle i think his tourney placings beats chaddd and rocks though its why i thnjk he'll be in crews for sure
Yeah that's a good idea.

I think he's always placed consistently OOS as well(he's only been to the last two Tipped Offs, but still). The exception to that I guess would be Munkaid, where he placed pretty badly. I attribute that to goofing off and Falcon dittoing Ali though lol.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
If l0zR doesn't make the crew something is royally f*cked lol.

I'm really good vs Peach (I've beaten players like Cort and Mike G in tournament, and Vidjo, VanZ and Vwins in friendlies), Ice Climbers (Chu and Wobbles have to use their secondaries to take matches from me) and I'm fairly good vs Samus, Falcon, Sheik, and can hold my own vs Marths, Foxes, Puffs and Falcos. I'm really not fond of the Falco matchup, but I've been getting better at it playing on the EC.
Yeah I pretty much **** also.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
lol chops you've avoided playing me the past few tournaments in friendlies and you rarely have money to enter or eat at tournaments, why would I mm you when I'm not sure you can back it up?

I beat you and Chudat at TGMTSBCO

Peach and Climbers Pikachu are covered for me I feel. I dunno about climbers, peach is just an obvious counter I'd feel fine putting just about any competent peach in against Ice Climbers.

I don't think i've ever lost to any Falco player in the US, I either win or they swtich to fox, which isn't a concern in crews since we'll know what character they play before hand.

Just keep me away from Fox McCloud and I'll be straight guys. Marth is not especially fun either but not as tragic as that man Fox McCloud.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
That was a while ago XiF, like almost 2 years. I also beat chaddd at that tournament. Wobbles is really good at the match, and Chu is still Chu. Putting in any obvious Peach vs an experienced Peach is a chance to not walk away with a big stock lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom