• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess Daisy for SSBB

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
i really don't know lol!

and i DO want daisy in the game, and waluigi, i don't understand why people don't want him. he could barely be a clone, if even a clone, and people should want more characters, for a wider view, im not trying to be rude, its just my perspective on this subject.

HollabackRyu

Smash Journeyman
i really don't know lol!

and i DO want daisy in the game, and waluigi, i don't understand why people don't want him. he could barely be a clone, if even a clone, and people should want more characters, for a wider view, im not trying to be rude, its just my perspective on this subject.
are you like 10 and you're favorite game is Mario Tennis? cause otherwise I don't see how you would want these characters in Brawl.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
no, lol it just my opinion, and i like mario baseball more than tennis, that game (tennis) is easy beyond beleif. so don't take it offensively though

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
I uterly and completly fail at contemplating why anyone would want Daisy in Brawl.

She is way worse than Wario. Just becuase she appeared in a main Mario game it doesnt make any less generic or interesting. She is boring and started out as that 'Princess in distress' template thats quota was already filled in the Mario series with Peach.

Unlike Walugi she didnt have to have any particular ablity in Mario Stikers Changed which gives her the endge to win 'worse choice from Mario award'.

And spare me the 'Tom boy' crap. Shes sill useless, redundent, a waste and generally ****.

Can ANY Daisy supporters tell me why you want her in Brawl because I really cant see a reason.

HollabackRyu

Smash Journeyman
I uterly and completly fail at contemplating why anyone would want Daisy in Brawl.

She is way worse than Wario. Just becuase she appeared in a main Mario game it doesnt make any less generic or interesting. She is boring and started out as that 'Princess in distress' template thats quota was already filled in the Mario series with Peach.

Unlike Walugi she didnt have to have any particular ablity in Mario Stikers Changed which gives her the endge to win 'worse choice from Mario award'.

And spare me the 'Tom boy' crap. Shes sill useless, redundent, a waste and generally ****.

Can ANY Daisy supporters tell me why you want her in Brawl because I really cant see a reason.
Even as a Peach recolor Daisy has more chance to be in Brawl than Toejam and Earl lol.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
Daisy and Waluigi would make this game a Mario Party overkill. If you were created in a non-cannon game, and yes, I know Daisy once had a legitimate role, once, she and Waluigi aren't important to the series.

I would say including them is would mean too many Mario representatives, but I think Bowser Jr. could be a good inclusion, and if I was more on the Geno bandwagon, I would say he could work as well (he's more Square-Enix though). Bowser Jr. has held major roles in the platform games.

And really, how can you not think Daisy is deconfirmed after seeing Peach's alt color of her?

SonicMario

Smash Master
True. But Nobletoast, Daisy does have a Transport deke like Waluigi & Dry Bones. If you can not fail going past the defense. Just do the Deke and Daisy is in the goal. Her special can help set that up. But still Daisy is deconfirmed no matter what hope there is for her. Simply the only platform Mario game she was in was Super Mario Land. That game wasn't even directed by Miyamoto, bt rather Gunpei Yokoi. Miyamoto's mentor. And don't try the "Daisy could be a tribution to him!" thing on me. We already have Wario and Game & Watch for that. I know Gunpei Yokoi was a great contributor. But come on! 3 characters? The alt is enough to make him smile wherever game developers go when they pass away.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
i DO think the Mario franchise should get a new rep for the new smash...

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

Who new? basically the choices are...
Paper Mario
Geno
Daisy
Waluigi (GASP)

nobletoast

Smash Journeyman
Even as a Peach recolor Daisy has more chance to be in Brawl than Toejam and Earl lol.
I do realise this but a mans gotta dream. :psycho:

And @Sonicmario in the game Walugi has quite an interesting ability though. The growth of roots of something of that king. Im sure with that alone there could be a Walugi moveset cunjred up better than any Daisy one with Tennis rackets and Golf clubs.

Although Tingle > Walugi for hated characters.

RDK

Smash Hero
Paper Mario
Geno
Daisy
Waluigi (GASP)
None of those, hopefully.

Seriously, Xianfeng? Daisy for Brawl? That's almost as bad as Waluigi. And that's saying a lot.

RDK

Smash Hero
Other than him I'd say Bowser Jr.
But Paper Mario would be awesome.
Are you guys serious? More of the same exact characters, only slightly different? Give some new characters a chance.

No Daisy, Waluigi, Bowser Jr.,Paper Mario, or WW Link.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
As long as they give Daisy clothes other than a dress and a completely original moveset, I would rather see her than other Mario characters. Geno is pretty much out just because he is a Square character.

But, with the Peach alt costume, I think we can say she is pretty much deconfirmed.

Noshiee

Smash Ace

She indeed has her flower powers as well as her crystal powers. She might not have a chance, atleast not more than a lot more characters, but she does have moveset material, much better than Waliuigi.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
She indeed has her flower powers as well as her crystal powers. She might not have a chance, atleast not more than a lot more characters, but she does have moveset material, much better than Waliuigi.
Actually counting the real games they appeared in, neither have any moveset abilities. Daisy only appeared in one (Super Mario Land) where she was the generic princess you have to save. In all actuality, Birdo would be a better choice than both of them, and I don't even want her in.

Lu-Gi-Oh!

Smash Apprentice
She already does, people should stop saying she still has a chance.

That alt. costume is based on Daisy's CLASSIC look, much like Mario's alt being based on Wario's classic colors. Daisy looks different now. Compare this

To this!

If Daisy was put in the game wearing her sports outfit or, even better, her Strikers outfit, or really, anything other than her dress (which she's rarely seen in anymore anyway), that, combined with her different colored, shoulder length, and distinct hairstyle, would make her look aesthetically different enough from Peach to not look clone-ish.

That alt. costume, in no way, deconfirms Daisy.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
You people always look for the smallest loopholes to give you false hope.

Hey, if she's playable on release day, laugh at me all you want... but seriously... :ohwell:

HollabackRyu

Smash Journeyman
That alt. costume is based on Daisy's CLASSIC look, much like Mario's alt being based on Wario's classic colors. Daisy looks different now. Compare this

To this!

If Daisy was put in the game wearing her sports outfit or, even better, her Strikers outfit, or really, anything other than her dress (which she's rarely seen in anymore anyway), that, combined with her different colored, shoulder length, and distinct hairstyle, would make her look aesthetically different enough from Peach to not look clone-ish.

False hope and wishful thinking at it's finest.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Having Daisy is like having Boshi or Dr. Mario or somebody clonish like that. Daisy just doesn't have what it takes to be in brawl.

(Hollabackryu's comment made me laugh):chuckle:

Lu-Gi-Oh!

Smash Apprentice
You people always look for the smallest loopholes to give you false hope.

Hey, if she's playable on release day, laugh at me all you want... but seriously... :ohwell:

Alright fine, I will!

(Anyway, even if Daisy isn't playable, I seriously doubt that it would be because of Peach's alt costume.)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Alright fine, I will!

(Anyway, even if Daisy isn't playable, I seriously doubt that it would be because of Peach's alt costume.)
The reason she is an alternate costume is obviously Sakurai's way of letting Daisy fans play as her. :ohwell: (or at least make them think they're playing as her.)

It's silly to think that this doesn't deconfirm her.

vesperview

Smash Hero

To this!

Even if you refuse to believe it, Daisy is deconfirmed, plus she is a princess not some Tennis, sporty ****, she would never have that outfit if she was in the game.

PopFusion

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why peoples, are thinking just because she has a alternate costume deconfirms her, I mean, I could picture her a playable character, she could have a flower based moveset, I'm just hoping thats shes in! :), but something tells me she wont, but I gots to keep my hopes up! And we need more supporters :)!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don't mind Daisy being a playable character...

But the lack of original ideas is really disappointing... Another Princess? Pfftt.. There are better MAIN characters going unrepresented out there...

Seriously, if I see Daisy as a playable character NOW, I'd probably think pretty low of Sakurai, making Little Mac a Trophy, and making Daisy a full-fledged character. =P

But I'd use her anyway. I like Daisy, and I LOVED Super Mario Land. (And her Strikers outfit is the best)

y3nia659

Smash Ace
If being an alternate costume deconfirms a character then I am so happy Sigurd won't be in Brawl, that would save space for a better character who would be a better pick like Micaiah.

I am kind of sad Daisy is an alt, because I really wanted her playable as her own character...but at the same time other characters like Wolf and Sigurd are being kicked out so I feel satisfied.

NukeA6

Smash Master
If being an alternate costume deconfirms a character then I am so happy Sigurd won't be in Brawl, that would save space for a better character who would be a better pick like Micaiah.

I am kind of sad Daisy is an alt, because I really wanted her playable as her own character...but at the same time other characters like Wolf and Sigurd are being kicked out so I feel satisfied.
I think someone is being sexist.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Accept it, Daisy is dead now, but hey, don't feel bad Daisy fans, at least in a way you can still play as "her" even though it's not really her. Now, it is all about Geno.

thedup

Smash Cadet
well, I just read all the way through this thread, and there are some things I want to say

first of all, and most importantly, I ****ing HATE HATE HATE peach in SSB games. I've hated her ever since I first saw how she played, and ever since my first time playing melee, I've hated peach in everything she's done. I can't stand her. and I'm ****ing PISSED that all Daisy is getting by the look of things is an alt for that awful b*tch. I would love to play as daisy, but I will NEVER play as peach, even is she looks like daisy. It just isn't going to happen.
Daisy is my absolute favourite character from the mario universe. I like her more than bowser, yoshi, and even mario. very simply, Daisy is the best. She's the only reason I even buy mario party or mario sports games, and I'm getting quite annoyed that she still hasn't gotten any games to star in. She deserves them. To an extent I agree that since she hasn't gotten them yet, it limits her chances to be in brawl, but I would have loved to have her put in and then when every single person that thought she would suck realized that she was awesome, she would become popular enough to merit her own games. If that doesn't happen, she should still get her own games, so that she has enough of an argument against all the anti-daisy people.

and I'd like to say that there have been some truly excellent ideas as far as movesets go, and I especially liked the last one, revolving around all of her special abilities in sports games.

also, I think that if mario has classic warrio as an alt, and he's in as warioware. then what is so shockingly terrible about the idea that peach has a classic daisy alt and she appears in striker gear.

so ya, I don't feel that daisy being an alt costume for a crappy character even though she doesn't even look like that anymore deconfirms her. the only characters that are actually deconfirmed are assist trophies, so stop saying that. it lowers her already slim chances considerably, and it shouldn't have been done because, again, peach sucks horribly, but even though it has been done, I am going to hold out hope until the game has been released. anything can change anyway, sakurai could take away the alt costume if he wanted, it's not like he isn't allowed to change his mind.

as far as adding another mario rep, I don't think mario sunshine needs more rep than it already has, so no thanks to bowser junior, and why do people keep asking to bring in the puppet sidekick from a single game that was on the SNES? I don't have anything against Geno, but I know that if he would get in as one of the third party slots, I wouldn't use him. It wasn't a very good game, and this is from someone who loves RPG's. Toad? My brother's most wanted newcomer, but not for me, I don't like the idea of adding a race in as a playable character, and adding in an individual toad would be kind of ridiculous. With the exception of pokemon, nothing that has more than one incarnation of it belongs in smash. Including Link, so no young, WW, or wolf link, thanks. (go midna) and Waluigi just isn't that interesting, so whatever. I think I've covered all the big ones? I think that Mario is deservedly the most represented series in smash, and from ssb to ssbm gained 2 new characters (as well as dr mario, who I actually played as, even though I didn't use mario, but I would not like to see him return) and I'm fine with the series getting two more. Daisy would be my first pick, and you can have whoever else you want, even though I personally only want her

and one more thing, why do people have to be so negative? I never even go into threads for characters I don't specifically want, or ones that I feel might persuade me. and the only character I truly don't want in brawl is megaman, because I really dislike all of his games, and he bothers me.

daisy for brawl, because I would love to destroy a few people, especially peach lol

sorry for bringing back up a topic that more than one person has asked to be locked

Top Bottom