• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess Daisy for SSBB

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Daisy =/= Pokemon Trainer.

They're two completely different things.

Pokemon Trainer is the main character of Red/Blue/Yellow/FireRed/LeafGreen and has appeared in other games as well like Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Daisy was in one non party game; Super Mario Land. She hasn't appeared in anything since then except for games like Mario Party, Mario Kart, and the sports games. She really isn't that important to the Mario franchise at all. Toad was far more important then her, and he's still Peach's B move. -_-

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Arguments that "anyone can get in now that Trainer's here" are just stupid. There are three reasons he got in, and they happen to be named Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard.
Everyone here should realize that Daisy has little chance to be included and little REASON to be included... regardless of what other seemingly obscure character has been included. The only way I could see Sakurai thinking she should be added is if Nintendo is planning on using her for something much grander than she's done so far, and we just don't know yet.
... Daisy's Dandy Adventures, coming to the Wii in 2008?

Noshiee

Smash Ace
yeah I know that, but if you think about it, before Pokemon Trainer was confirmed, nobody actually believe he was going to be in, and anybody who suggested him was flamed to hell (and when he was confirmed, those who suggested him laughed at people faces), what I mean is that you never know. Even if Pokemon trainer is an important character in Pokemon (duh), his chances where the same as Daisy's chances right now, PT because nobody imagine how he would fight, and Daisy because is not that important to the Mario franshice.
I'm not saying "PT is in, so anybody can get in", but that after PT confirmation, crazy character ideas dont exist anymore (with exeptions oviously)

EdmanZ

Smash Rookie
There are no reasons why Daisy SHOULD NOT be in Brawl.

The detractors are dipping for straws to support their argument on why Daisy should not be in this game out side of their opinion and dislike for Daisy. "The Mario roster is too full", "She's a filler", "She's not diverse", "I hate her". Mendez is the prime culprit of this ignorance. BTW, Peach has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Daisy. She's already in the game. Leave her out of this conversation.

If Daisy were to be in this game, how can you assume she'll be a Peach clone? Because they look similar? Do you somehow have the inside scoop on the development? Daisy's never wielded frying pans, pulled vegetables out of the ground, or weilded frilly parasols with heart-shaped handles. If Daisy is in this game and is a clone, that's just laziness on Nintendo's part. That's not Daisy's fault.

The bottom line is, there are NO good factual reasons outside of personal opinion and preference to keep Daisy out of Brawl. She's a Nintendo character, she has a shot just as well as anyone. Period.

piffman2

Smash Apprentice
Hasn't Daisy already been shown as an alternate Peach costume? That what she should be and apparantely that's what she is. Argument pointless

vesperview

Smash Hero
The detractors are dipping for straws to support their argument on why Daisy should not be in this game out side of their opinion and dislike for Daisy. "The Mario roster is too full", "She's a filler", "She's not diverse", "I hate her". Mendez is the prime culprit of this ignorance. BTW, Peach has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with Daisy. She's already in the game. Leave her out of this conversation.
Those are enough arguments to not support her inclusion.

Daisy's never wielded frying pans, pulled vegetables out of the ground, or weilded frilly parasols with heart-shaped handles.
Neither did Peach outside of Melee, your point?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Those are enough arguments to not support her inclusion.

Neither did Peach outside of Melee, your point?
Well technically Peach equipped a Frying pan as her most powerful weapon in Mario RPG and pulls out vegtables in Super Mario Bros 2, which is where they got the float from too

Parasol is from Mario RPG as well

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Peach was already CONFIRMED with the Daisy alt

Noshiee

Smash Ace
Mario has a luigi and a wario alt, but both of them are in (Luigi has not been confirmed, but we all know he is indeed in).
let me quote myself, srry, but I think this needs to be said again ¬¬
I dont think Daisy is going to be in brawl, but not because I dont like her, and nobody likes her, and she's not important, etc., but because other characters have higher chances than her.

People, try to be more reasonable, and actually give more reasons other that "NOBODY WANTS HER IN BRAWL", specially the people who defends the character they like, by saying the same thing Im saying, but about another character, but talks trash about other characters they dont like, by saying what they are actually "against" in their character's thread.
Do you get me?

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
the only positive thing i can think of is taking 3 REAL characters for me its mario sonic and link and beat the hell out of her for 99 lives on super suden death

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have a screenshot of Peach as Daisy? Is it Peach wearing Daisy's dress or is it actually Daisy herself (IE, complete with different head)?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Mario has a luigi and a wario alt, but both of them are in (Luigi has not been confirmed, but we all know he is indeed in).
That costume of Mario's looks NOTHING like Luigi. It's green and brown, not green and blue. There's a huge difference.

Anyways, I'm glad Daisy is nothing but an alternate costume.

Tiamat

Smash Journeyman
Is the alternate costume ACTUALLY Daisy or is it just Peach in Daisy's dress?

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I am hoping the fact that she was a trophy in Melee and will be a playable character is a somewhat plausible comment to back her up as a newcomer in Brawl. Many past Melee Trophies are making it as playable characters sounds reasonable, I guess. By the way, Princess Daisy has more history in her than Waluigi so don't totally compare her to him. Daisy for Brawl! ^_^

More characters = EPIC

NukeA6

Smash Master
Is the alternate costume ACTUALLY Daisy or is it just Peach in Daisy's dress?
She looks nearly like her. She even got the hair color and the skin tone. Daisy is not gonna be in Brawl. Face it.

PopFusion

Smash Apprentice
I hate that Peach has daisy's look, even though i love peach and I love the costume! It just ruins the fact that Daisy won't be in brawl! Not even a assist trophy! :(

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
Question is, does she even have Daisy's voice as the alt costume?

If she did I guess it wouldn't be SO bad that she isn't playable.

Because technically she is... just with Peach's moveset...

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
it would just be awesome if you could see daisy's Kick-buttness in brawl... even as an AT

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
Man, Princess Daisy has a more bring-it-on type of personality. Since she is stronger than Peach and could revolve around more strength than Peach. Though, in no way would I say clone.

"I'll flower you with power!" - Princess Daisy

Top Bottom