• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project BlazBrawl Consoliditation Topic. - Project Ragna has resumed, Tager Next.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Hey Zeph! Nice work! Looks better than my skin lol.

Anyways, I'll try to revive Project Litchi sometime this week or the next week. I haven't forgotten about it or you guys who are anxiously awaiting it. It's just right now I've run into a lot of problems with my mother and I both out of a job... so I need to secure some form of income right now.

On top of that I'm trying to fix my joystick that apparently decided to just up and die on me the other day. If anyone knows how to fix an XBox360 Joystick with what seems like a dead PCB board, let me know.

Poxag

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Taokaka would be better on Zelda or maybe even peach, but lucario just doesnt make sense to me

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Bumping with news

Thanks to brawlbox, we re-envisioned ragna's moveset and ragna 3.0 will be starting again from scratch. Using a whole new moveset the character's already quick, disruptive and mobile playstyle will be emphasized to set him apart from ike that much more. His rushdown capabilities and mixups will be something to note.

I'm looking into the process of replacing sound effects too so we'll probably be lucky enough to have ragna actually sound like him in the near future, if I get the process down I'll be glad to do it for any other characters being worked on.

Keep your eyes peeled.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
If you want another Ragna texture, I edited the one that Wave Kusanagi edited:

Just made the hair look....normal and added a black headband because it looks cool.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I only pay attention to threads that I am subscribed to so

WTF WE CAN SWAP ANIMATIONS NOW WTF

Point me in the direction of brawlbox and you might get a decent Rachel sometime in the far future

maybe

I need ideas.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Funny Story:
Applied for a job interview. Guy interviewing me says that the company I'm applying for the guys like a lot of games and stuff. Asks me what I do in my free time. Tell him I play Street Fighter and Smash Brothers aside from computer repair and graphics. He's apparently a fan of Smash and stuff. I told him about this project. He's pumped. I told him I postponed it cause I need a job... I need money before I can go back to doing this project lol. He invites me back for interview 2 on Tuesday. If I land this job, looks like Project: Litchi is back on.

Because of the way this new moveswap works, I may be able to divide the code into a ton of different .PAC files, which allows me a lot of freedom without crashes. Here's to hoping. I'll be in contact with Ryko to re-invision the original moveset (which is in my signature).

You can easily see what will get changed probably from the signature (moves that don't map up with Litchi).

I can assure you that if it is possible I will go for Fox's D-Smash animation for N-Air

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
someone point me in the direction of what brawlbox does and how

and i might

do something

in general
somehow..?
rachel alucard has animations that most people would not do in the first place

litchi animations sound pretty boss

Zephron

Smash Ace
BrawlBox is an application that allows you to remove some model parts of characters and does all the basic functions ASH and STASH do with a cool and easy GUI. It also does hexing for you, and allows you to use transparency without having to do all that stuff with magenta you normally have to do.

Idk if it's the program used to swap animations but it could be.

Either way, it's boss.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
blah

i basically have no use for this unless I try to make a Ryu or Akuma
can it give Snake/Ganondorf Lucario's aurasphere?

dessert fox5

Smash Cadet
blah

i basically have no use for this unless I try to make a Ryu or Akuma
can it give Snake/Ganondorf Lucario's aurasphere?
Well, someone in the brawlbox thread gave kirby ganon's sword in replace of his hammer. That's a level of awesome. I also know they can completely remove link's sword, and possibly replace that as well.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
lolllllll

Someone give me ideas for Rachel's _______

and then Ryko/Kirk tell me how to do it lol

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
good to know this project is back on track :), definately gets me in the mood to continue work with jin, and with all these new tools things could definately get interesting, by the way ryko/kirk the new ragna looks amazing

Kirk

Smash Champion
Serious hype is serious. Thanks to Ryko for putting up vids. The "Not Over Yet" one is still my favorite. :p

The specials are probably going to be harder to do, but they should look pretty awesome in the end.

Much tweaking will be needed, so don't expect anything quite so soon...I'd rather have a good, well-rounded release than a half-***ed rushed one.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Got some ideas for rachel, someone should help me implement these... eventually... if they're possible

Neutral B will be mapped to Silpheed. recharges somehow

Side B will be mapped to pumpkin. Summons Lucas's PK Thunder. If I can change how you control this, it would be cool. Otherwise, I hope to have 1 PK Thunder out while Rachel can run around while controlling it, much like Pit's arrows. Limit to 1 PK Thunder out per time, some startup lag on the move, if you summon another one, the first one vanishes.

Down B will be mapped to Waddle Doo instead of sticky bomb. Only one out per time, hopefully make it summon right in front of Rachel. Down b can only be activated on the ground.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Hmm...I'm not entirely sure what the status is on altering articles...or swapping them between characters for that matter. It may be a bit too complicated, though as someone has mentioned earlier, someone swapped Kirby's hammer with Ganon's sword, but that falls in the category of model/animation swaps, more or less.

Articles are...well I'm not so sure. You may be able to swap the graphics...but the behavior I'm not so sure about.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...I'm not entirely sure what the status is on altering articles...or swapping them between characters for that matter. It may be a bit too complicated, though as someone has mentioned earlier, someone swapped Kirby's hammer with Ganon's sword, but that falls in the category of model/animation swaps, more or less.

Articles are...well I'm not so sure. You may be able to swap the graphics...but the behavior I'm not so sure about.
I'm pretty sure that the PK Thunder Article crashes the game even for Lucas so I'm going to say that this is beyond our scope thus far. In other news, I'm back to coding today after fixing the MotionEtc.pac Here's to hoping nothing crashes for a fourth time.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Good news everyone! /Farnsworth

No more crashing as of yet so we're rolling along it would seem. Didn't get as far as I would have liked to today because I've been experimenting around with animations to see what options are available to me. (Along with fine tuning the jab and F-Tilts + variations.)

Top Bottom