• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project BlazBrawl Consoliditation Topic. - Project Ragna has resumed, Tager Next.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I've been sick all of last week...and was out at a tournament all weekend. This coupled with my intermittent, unforgiving laziness...well yeah, I was just NOT up for doing anything last week. I hope to get started on Ragna again this week. And I can probably work on Tager at the same time.

@above posts regarding ragna - He's not finished. Just wait. :o

TreK

Is "that guy"
So I tried out the rachel alucard, its pretty cool, I like setting up traps w/ the sticky bomb lol.

an Idea: Have a charge type thing for her, that works kinda like Eldrains wisp, and when its full, make an "if button press command", and when the requirement is met, have it create an insane amount of wind with a jump or some other move, or no move; in any direction depending on which button is pressed (d-pad ftw?) o.o

Just an Idea.
That's what I've been trying to do for a month, nothing came out of it... Maybe delx should ask eldiran, as I given up...

droughboi

Smash Journeyman
If you want, I could try to help, but this isnt my project, so I wont do anything unless it's ok with whomever started it.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I haven't started working on any changes to 2.1 yet. If you want to mess around with Silpheed, do it with nair. Report results here for great success.

Thanks if you help :D

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I've been sick all of last week...and was out at a tournament all weekend. This coupled with my intermittent, unforgiving laziness...well yeah, I was just NOT up for doing anything last week. I hope to get started on Ragna again this week. And I can probably work on Tager at the same time.

@above posts regarding ragna - He's not finished. Just wait. :o
Get better soon. Glad to have you back.

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
first.. sorry for my english.. I'm a spanish speaker..

for rachel you can maybe use her lower appeal animation in her side B and add multihits. This would be -> + C.. If it is possible... that it could be interrupted near to the end of the animation (so you can combo into an uair or something) but only when started from ground (so that is not to broken for recovery)...

it would be awesome if you make rachel to throw the turnip inmediatelly with her neutral B (like tiny lobelias). Chargeable if possible (the more it is charged.. the further it goes), a little angled high, otherwise, a forward light throw is ok... In the ground the animation could be Ligh throwF and in the air the animation of her up B (before the umbrella opens)...

don't know what to do with her down B, I though of a kind of fire ball or a hothead (simulating the pumpkin... the hothead only if it is possible to make it disappear) or summoning a Mr. Saturn (like a frog..) but I don't liked any of those ideas... xD

I think that adding peach's old hit to nair wouldn't be a bad idea.. specially because rachel needs more killing options..

hope some of these ideas can be useful... =)

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Good concepts. However, I need to tell you something about the Side B.

The attributes of Side B make it so that it goes like this

Grounded start up/Aerial Start up
side jump
End on ground/end in air from grounded start up/end in air from air start up

Therefore, making the side B do different a different attack from the ground is difficult.

Item stuff is really frustrating, I've tried lots of stuff already. Tiny Lobelia wouldn't be able to be detonated anyways, and if I let people have zero lag after a Tiny Lobelia, it would basically promote spam.

Can't do frog (cannot summon Waddle Doos or change any existing items) so I decided to stick with a sticky bomb (insane kill power but low range, somewhat easy to avoid.)

If anything, I'll make it so that the sticky bomb sticks to wherever you spawn it.

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Thanks Ryko. Now the only problem I have is finding people that HAVE the darn files to play with... >_> Hm...

Edit: Anyone that does have the codes and would like to bash me around (or vice versa), PM me! What's the point in having a character if you can't go and show off?

Ryo242

Smash Ace
Ah, thanks for that. Looking forward to the new Ragna, though this one is quite beastly.

Edit: The site has people full of Brawl+, none of which are compliant with vBrawl and Ragna. Thanks for the help though, I would still like some people to play against whenever it's possible. PM if you want to online Ragna or Jin (or tell me of a character to add that I can add them etc!)

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
I WANT IRON TAGER!!!!

sniff, I love that guy, and can't wait anymore for him to be done :(

plz, give me a date or something to cheer myself up, cause, I'm thrilled with the idea, but, it has been dead with no updates (about iron tager) I would like to know if he will have more grabs, beside he's Up B and Side B, or make some cool stuff, and magnetisim stuff, which I'm sure all that can be done thx to the Requierment: If hit with Hitbox, we can have button command to pull opponents in ^^

well, I'll wait for iron tager then download him instanly

Kirk

Smash Champion
It'll be a bit more complicated then that...but I'll do my best in figuring something out. At the moment the best way to add a 'magnetism' effect, in my opinion, would be through wind hitboxes...unless someone else has a better idea.

Zephron

Smash Ace
It'll be a bit more complicated then that...but I'll do my best in figuring something out. At the moment the best way to add a 'magnetism' effect, in my opinion, would be through wind hitboxes...unless someone else has a better idea.

As a perfect example, think of Ganon's up tilt. It slowly sucks people into it...

The range would obviously be much greater and pull in faster but that seems to be the gist of it.

Don't forget to replace the wind animation with static if you can.

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
Later tonight I will release the new update for Jin

Changelist for Jin 4.5

- Run speed decreased
-Side smash second hit is now what i had originally planned it to be, an ice sword
-Side smash trajectory changed to send opponent diagonally forward instead of up
-Back throw now sends frozen opponent forward, seemed pointless before cause you could not combo the opponent like it should have

Future plans:

-Thinking of slowing down the animation for ice car using the animation speed modifier code

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
-Back throw now sends frozen opponent forward, seemed pointless before cause you could not combo the opponent like it should have
That's untrue tbh, back throw free comboed into frost bite until about 90 and comboed into dair off the stage as high as 108 on meta knight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISiHkse4hRQ

Note that this is vbrawl and those strings are still unavoidable on freeze break. First one is at 0:21

roninlast

Smash Cadet
Later tonight I will release the new update for Jin

Changelist for Jin 4.5

- Run speed decreased
-Side smash second hit is now what i had originally planned it to be, an ice sword
-Side smash trajectory changed to send opponent diagonally forward instead of up

Future plans:

-Thinking of slowing down the animation for ice car using the animation speed modifier code
4.5? Wouldn't it be 4.3?

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I havent seen the new one so I dont know but the move definitely has combo starting potential, that came to mind in like 5 minutes of playing with it.

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
This also came to mind just now, should we include the "rapid cancel" on the blazblue characters or would this be too broken?

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
I am curious, is there a plan that once the project is compete, a mod will be released to change the roster so you can select only blazblue characters, and could you give them character select portraits and etc. ?

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
If anyone needs help with windboxes

... I'm your man, pretty much

Let's just get this out here, in fact
Important things are Trajectory; which way you hit them with wind. Tager's will hit people towards him

BKB obviously hits people towards you
KBG i don't really care for
damage, eh i'd leave it at zero lol
size is important!

Flag 00030000
Unknown: 00000016
Unknown: E04FFFC0

you could do if's for "magnetism" (ie if you hit with this move, set bit, then other moves remove bit)

Zephron

Smash Ace
I am curious, is there a plan that once the project is compete, a mod will be released to change the roster so you can select only blazblue characters, and could you give them character select portraits and etc. ?

Half the point we are doing this is for the fun of having Jin vs. Mario, or Tager vs. Samus.

We're not trying to make BlazBlue2 with brawl physics.

We will make Character select portraits and all that jazz, but we intend on just making the characters.

I'm sure if you really wanted to do that you could if you wanted to, though.

roninlast

Smash Cadet
This also came to mind just now, should we include the "rapid cancel" on the blazblue characters or would this be too broken?
Rapid Cancel would just be allow interrupt...that's all, try it with Jin Kisaragi Marth

shinyspoon42

Smash Journeyman
What are all the mixups for Jin/how do you perform them? Icecar right before you land has less landing lag, so you can triple ice car combo/ other neat combo's like >B,>B,B,^B or >B,>B,Fair,Fair,>B,>B,B,^B

For Rachel her >B grounded is ridonk, kinda broke. You can >B dance back and forth, pull out a turnip occaisonally (it happens so fast as you dance it looks like it just appears) attack if you want, slide away, projectile them, approach, you can do a light tossed turnip forward and slide after it in a way that forces them to either a) get hit by the turnip and then you follow with a grab, or they shield/dodge it and you punish with a grab.

I don't play with Ragna as much, I am having too much fun w/ Jin and Rachel.

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
Rapid Cancel would just be allow interrupt...that's all, try it with Jin Kisaragi Marth
It would be alow interrupt if shield button is pressed, but like Ryko said, we need a penalty, in blazblue you lost part of your specials meter or megatana for hakumen

What are all the mixups for Jin/how do you perform them?

Jab: A, B
Uptilt: ^A, Y or X
Down Tilt has 2: vA, Y/X is marths 4th down dancing blade/ vA, B
Forward tilt: A>, Y/X
Dodge: Dodge Roll and leave A pressed
Special: B, A

Ryo242

Smash Ace
I found a gamefreezing glitch with the Jin 4.2;

Jin vs. Ganondorf, grab the Ganon FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE (and annoying beeping noise). I repeated to see if it would happen again and it did.

>_> Just throwing that out there, that should get fixed maybe yes. <_<

roninlast

Smash Cadet
It would be alow interrupt if shield button is pressed, but like Ryko said, we need a penalty, in blazblue you lost part of your specials meter or megatana for Hakumen
THen have it slowly absorb their own shield.

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
well Ive got bad news, the remove sword code on marths grabs makes ganon freeze (anybody know what makes ganon any different from any other character???), so sadly marth sword appears when he throws then disappears again

4.3: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nhywmzmzdmm
-Fixed Ganon glitch
-New test for the back throw, give opinion-Back throw now sends frozen opponent forward, seemed pointless before cause you could not combo the opponent like it should have
- Run speed decreased

-RedX-

Smash Lord
anybody know what makes ganon any different from any other character???
His level of trashness is beyond all the other characters by alot(in normal Brawl at least).

EDIT: Is side smash suppose to do 26%, uncharged....?
I like the bthrow, follows up with ice car perfectly.

I found a neat little trick when using Jin with C-stick set to attack, if you hold a direction besides back, it does the remix moves for you. When you hold back, he does jab1, canceled into a jump.

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
His level of trashness is beyond all the other characters by alot(in normal Brawl at least).

EDIT: Is side smash suppose to do 26%, uncharged....?
I like the bthrow, follows up with ice car perfectly.

I found a neat little trick when using Jin with C-stick set to attack, if you hold a direction besides back, it does the remix moves for you. When you hold back, he does jab1, canceled into a jump.
Wow nice find!! His mixes are super easy this way, dont know why they work that way but still pretty cool, ironically this reminds me of the easy special on the Right anlog stick on blazblue

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808

That's harsh. You think he's uber broken?

They're working on making him have cool moves and still combo like how Jin does in BlazBlue, and be balanced.

Give it some time and tell them stuff to improve him :p
Uhh yeah that came out kinda harsh, my apologies. I forgot how much time the makers spend to make their character. But i do think Ragna and jin are a bit overpowered. Ragna is overpowered in the way he's fast and powerfull, even more powerfull than Ike originally was when you tipper the Fsmash, which is way to fast to be a strong attack like that. Jin has that freeze effect on like half of all his moves, which is a bit too much. It's hard to fight something like that. I fought a Lv 9 Jin with a MetaKnight and lost with 2 stocks, which came because i couldn't even land a hit ( i could but not so much lolz)

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Please refer to the latest post in the PSA: Balancing Standards topic, for my critique. Jin and Ragna are awesome.

Top Bottom