• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project BlazBrawl Consoliditation Topic. - Project Ragna has resumed, Tager Next.

roninlast

Smash Cadet
Oh hey guys? have you heard that they already made blazblue? The entire appeal of a character like jin is him fighting a character like samus, which would never happen in smash. Just like the entire appeal of Smash64 was to see link and mario fight, which would never happen in either of their games.
We know Blazblue is out, which is why we're doing this >>

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman
Oh hey guys? have you heard that they already made blazblue? The entire appeal of a character like jin is him fighting a character like samus, which would never happen in smash. Just like the entire appeal of Smash64 was to see link and mario fight, which would never happen in either of their games.
Trolls trolling trolls etc.?

Zephron

Smash Ace
Kids today...

Also, I want some feedback on these things:

• Which to make first? Hakumen, V-13, Tager, Taokaka, Noel, Ragna, etc.?

• Who is going to create Taokaka, V-13, etc?

roninlast

Smash Cadet
Kids today...

Also, I want some feedback on these things:

• Which to make first? Hakumen, V-13, Tager, Taokaka, Noel, Ragna, etc.?

• Who is going to create Taokaka, V-13, etc?

Ragna, Bang, and Jin have already been made: Ragna was by Kirk.
I suggest making Link into Hakumen

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
He meant texture wise. I dunno if dancing round the world is still working on ragna but I could really use a finalized texture for the guy. Tager would be awesome after.

roninlast

Smash Cadet
He meant texture wise. I dunno if dancing round the world is still working on ragna but I could really use a finalized texture for the guy. Tager would be awesome after.
Oh then I suggest Ragna texture. It would be pretty awesome to see an actual Ragna in the Game ^^

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Actually, the "troll" has a point. The primary appeal of these chars will probably be not in playing against each other, but rather in playing against other smash chars. So you may not have to restrict yourselves quite so much with your character selection, able to use the same char twice if it becomes necessary. Unless you really want to get all the chars in the game at the same time, then... can't do much about that.

Anyway, ever thought about using pit for noel? If you texture hacked his bow to be a pair of guns, I think several of the animations would be similar. Just going off of memory, though.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Actually, the "troll" has a point. The primary appeal of these chars will probably be not in playing against each other, but rather in playing against other smash chars. So you may not have to restrict yourselves quite so much with your character selection, able to use the same char twice if it becomes necessary. Unless you really want to get all the chars in the game at the same time, then... can't do much about that.

Anyway, ever thought about using pit for noel? If you texture hacked his bow to be a pair of guns, I think several of the animations would be similar. Just going off of memory, though.
He has the hair and a dress-like outfit too, wow.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Not like this would be the first time Pit was textured into a girl.

I lol'd really hard at that. XD

Anyway, I don't think we should use Pit.

Bang can easily be moved to Captain Falcon and Sheik would make a 10x more convincing Noel. And for those of you who didn't know, Noel has LONG hair. Pit's is short. Sheik has her hat, and a much more feminine body structure. Sure she has no skirt but we make do.

Many parts of Pit just won't work on Noel, like his 5 bracelets.

TsuKiyoMe

Smash Journeyman

I lol'd really hard at that. XD

Anyway, I don't think we should use Pit.

Bang can easily be moved to Captain Falcon and Sheik would make a 10x more convincing Noel. And for those of you who didn't know, Noel has LONG hair. Pit's is short. Sheik has her hat, and a much more feminine body structure. Sure she has no skirt but we make do.

Many parts of Pit just won't work on Noel, like his 5 bracelets.
You can definitely make do lol

Seriously, if I can turn a body suit into a "dress", I'm convinced you can do anything with texture hacks. (I say "Dress" because it is still a one piece however the idle stance gives the illusion of a dress, as evidenced from my screenshots)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
*facepalm* ...You fail, along with all the other freaks who turn this not even close to girly looking guy into a girl. -_-; This is Noel we're talking about people, not Bridget. XD

I'm all for Shiek. At least she's a girl, though her armor makes stupid people think otherwise. ¦D

By the way, anyone gonna update the first post with the new Ragna texture that's at ESH?

Zephron

Smash Ace
*facepalm* ...You fail, along with all the other freaks who turn this not even close to girly looking guy into a girl. -_-; This is Noel we're talking about people, not Bridget. XD

I'm all for Shiek. At least she's a girl, though her armor makes stupid people think otherwise. ¦D

By the way, anyone gonna update the first post with the new Ragna texture that's at ESH?

Why? I hate that place and I can do better.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Why does Jin's tipper Fair deal 18 percent now? Way too broken. Please make Fair to 6 damage untippered and 10 when tippered.

Also, my brother, who actually plays Jin in BlazBlue as a few suggestions as well. Side Taunt should not hit opponents immediately in front of Marth, but instead hit midrange opponents. Make it so that it can't be used up close but hits opponents trying to jump at you from far away, and freeze. Jin actually has this move.

Jin also has another move, that could be recreated if you remixed the Utilt into DB 3forward. This is not really an important fix though.

Also, Dtilt is overwhelmingly bad. Since you took the sword away, this is a worthless move. Either return the sword and leave it as a 2 damage combo starter, or increase the damage of dtilt to 8 percent please. It would also be okay if you put back the Dtilt to DB4 remix.

Slightly decrease the horizontal knockback of Ice Car, and increase the vertical KB, so that this move has better follow ups. As of now, I prefer not to use it at all since Jin already has natural ground speed.

Bthrow is Amazing.

Decrease the ending lag on Frostbite. I'm informed it's supposed to be poke. With it's range and shieldbreaking properties, I'm quite sure that it's start-up is fine. The ending lag is a bit disappointing though. Make it deal 6 damaged uncharged to compensate for this.

Bair is great. Weak damage, awesome K.O. power.

Decrease the vertical KB of first hit fsmash, so it connects to second hit more reliably please. Better yet, just change the angle at which it hits the opponent so that it brings them down and towards Jin. You can compensate for this by making the second hit deal 14 damage, and increasing the start-up time by +3 frames from whatever it is right now.

Slightly nerf Uair and Dair to do 1 less damage when tippered and untipped to compensate for buffs.

One of this things I really liked about Jin before was the old counter. Can you please change it back?

That's all my gripes with Jin. He'll probably be perfect after that. Right now, he's broken with the Fair.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Because the guy wanted input on the base colors before he fixed it up. I threw in suggestions so the colors got fixed then he said he was doing details but that was 2 days ago. Anyway I need a link.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Just saw the Rachel video, amazing job Dex !

I never see you around, sucks to be European...

Edit : Taokaka = Diddy ?

metaXzero

Smash Champion

"Not even close"? Surely you jest.

It isn't like Pit is the epitome of manliness. He's not even average with that voice of his (Star KO aside), dress like outfit, and those eyes of his. Not saying Noel should be on Pit. Just that Pit.....is far from even a basic man (err. boy).

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Are you going to model hack any of those characters if you can. Because i think the BlazBlue characters look different than the characters on brawl now. I mean the sword on Ragna can be bigger.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
"Not even close"? Surely you jest.

It isn't like Pit is the epitome of manliness. He's not even average with that voice of his (Star KO aside), dress like outfit, and those eyes of his. Not saying Noel should be on Pit. Just that Pit.....is far from even a basic man (err. boy).
It's a freakin' toga. It ain't girly. I'm not saying he's the epitome of manliness. That would be an insult to Captain Falcon. I'm just saying he's nowhere close to being a girl, which is true. About the closest thing to him being girly is his japanese voice...but that sounds more like a high-- er..Higher pitched Naruto on crack rather than a girl. XD

I find it ironic that I'm debating about this over a character I so very much hate. But I think it's just cause I don't wanna see one of the hottest new VG babes on some annoying guy who obviously is a guy. Same reason why I hate seeing Sakura on Pit...It's just...disgusting. -_o

metaXzero

Smash Champion
^Still looks like a dress >_>

If he was "nowhere close to being a girl", no one would've made a Pit-Sakura or the other Pit-female textures would they? Nor would anyone have them brought up here.

Alas, this is where it becomes opinion. And you don't wanna argue opinion right?

roninlast

Smash Cadet
Marth175, if your reading this, here's another Idea, Have the Ice Car attack Chargeable, you know, because of the 4 versions of this attacks from Jin.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Are you going to model hack any of those characters if you can. Because i think the BlazBlue characters look different than the characters on brawl now. I mean the sword on Ragna can be bigger.

Two things.

1.) No one can model hack brawl yet, but it's close to being done. But it is NOT an option right now.

Once we can model hack, obviously we're going to use it and try out best to make it look as much like the correct character as possible.

Right now all we can do is texture hack and use size proportion mods.
(No that won't look quite right to make Ike's sword bigger)

2.) You're being slightly anal if the best example you can offer is Ike's sword size :p

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
Ragna's sword size is just way out of place though ;o
Something that we can't change now.

Just make up excuse stories for reasons why BlazBrawl characters aren't exactly like Blazblue characters.
Like Ragna lost his Azure Grimoire or something.

roninlast

Smash Cadet
You also forgot Clothing size and Hair Size

Top Bottom